Save the Dates: February Premieres and Finales!

But wait, there’s more! On the heels of January’s DVR-busting 50-plus season and series premieres, TVLine presents this handy calendar of February′s important dates, including the latest batches of The Voice, Walking Dead and (finally!) Cougar Town, and the debuts of newbies such as NBC’s Smash and Ricky Gervais’ Life’s Too Short.

Season/series premieres are denoted in BOLD, and we’ve also included finales, time slot changes, specials and milestone episodes of NCIS and The SimpsonsClick the thumbnail calendar below, and save the dates!

Preemptive P.S. My calendar-making skills are not infallible, so if you spot something that is missing, drop a polite note in Comments and I will (possibly/eventually) make updates as warranted.

P.S. No. 2: The tinted box in the lower right corner offers a sneak peek at some key March 2012 dates.

1. Gerald says:

What about the return of Revenge on Feb 8?
    Thanks, Matt!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Nope, not doing that with this calendar. That was just a January thing. Shows sometimes take time off, fact of life ;)

2. Victoria says:

I can’t wait for Smash. I watched the pilot and it is the best show I have watched in years.

3. Candice says:

Why is Parenthood’s season so short?

4. Alex says:

Parenthood and White Collar finales on the same day?! Ahh, too much good TV at once!

5. Jenny says:

Wow, Alcatraz is ending that soon? How many episodes will there be altogether?

• Mike says:

Yeah, Terra Nova, Alcatraz and Touch all got 12 episode (i.e. half season) orders give. So basically, Terra Nova ran its 12, then the holidays hit. Alcatraz will run its 12, Touch got a sneak preview last week and will resume on Mondays once Alcatraz wraps up. I personally don’t mind it. More episodes per season doesn’t always lead to more quality episodes per season. Of course, if they have a consistent hit on their hands with Alcatraz or Touch, they may increase the season 2 order.

• Renee says:

And I’m actually good with that IF they will renew them. Give me a season 2 and repeat again w/12 episodes each. I can live with that.

• Jeff D. says:

I swear that Alcatraz was ordered for 13 episodes, not 12, so did they cut season 1 down by an episode?

• Mike says:

I could have been wrong with the 12 vs. 13. But I just was talking about in comparison to 22 or 24 episodes, it’s a half season. :-)

6. jess says:

I’m not really sure….but isn’t Royal Pains on Wednesdays?

7. JJ says:

FINALLY Cougar Town!!!!!!!! 15 days away! Penny Caaaaaaaaan

• Bim says:

I can not WAIT for Cougar Town. Now that we have a premiere date I swear time had decided to stand still and we don’t seem to be getting any closer!!! Can’t wait to catch up with the Cul de sac Crew

8. Carla says:

SO excited for Make it or Break it! Thanks for mentioning it, Matt :) It keeps falling by the wayside to other abcfam shows…

9. Ed says:

Glee’s winter finale??? WTH?? So how long will we have to wait until it comes on again??

10. Lorena says:

What!!!!!!!!! i just got Neal and Peter back and now they are taking them away! that it just not fair!! :(
    At least i am glad The Voice is back, i miss Blake in my screen

11. Alex says:

Is Awake ever going to be on? It’s killing me…

• kevin says:

Don’t worry about it. Still NBC’s decision.

• Sally says:

Seriously! What are they waiting for anyway? Are they afraid it’s going to fail in the rating because it’s too smart for viewers? Such a depressing thought.

• Heidi says:

I was going to ask the same thing… I thought it was the Feb 11th the premiere date (or in that week)
      I’m starting to get real impatient

• Beth says:

Yes, this is the one I’ve been looking forward to the most. Why has there been NO WORD at all about Awake? There was the casting news the other day about Kevin Weisman but there has been nothing else since November. I’m DYING here.

12. kevin says:

The Voice may have a better chance at besting Idol. Parenthood’s season ender could definitely have a greater chance for a Season Four and February 19th maybe the end for Pan Am if ratings doesn’t hold up and probably won’t be back for Season Two.

13. JJ says:

Does anyone know how long is Glee going to be on hiatus?

14. Vicki says:

Matt, Is Betty White’s Off Their Rockers going to be a series? The episode on after Betty’s birthday special was fantastically funny. I would appreciate if you could share when that starts? THANKS!

15. Loveless says:

Think you missed bones from the march box

16. Jon says:

You forgot about the “Puppy Bowl” on Animal Planet Feb.5th!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Forgot, no; didn’t include, yes. (Once you add the Puppy Bowl you need to do every lingerie bowl, the basketweaving bowls… It’s a slippery slope.)

17. stephanie says:

Smash better be great. I am SO tired of seeing commercials on EVERY channel for it. I know it will be awesome, but it’s being too thrown in my face. Chill out a little, NBC.

• Mike says:

Hey, NBC needs all the help they can get right now. And based on seeing the pilot, they have a winner on their hands. I say keep flaunting that thing as much as you can! (Michael Scott surely would throw in a TWSS right there)

• Mooshki says:

Unfortunately, “the more the better” doesn’t work for hyping tv shows. I was looking forward to it, but now I am sick of any mention of it. They are in serious risk of driving away a lot of potential viewers.

• Mike says:

I think you should update that to “doesn’t ALWAYS work”. I was in your boat once with LOST. The promoted the heck out of that show in season 1. So much so that I REFUSED to watch it when it aired. (of course I taped it just in case. Yes VHS was still the dominant form of recording back then) And what do you know it was an instant hit? Good thing, I disregarded those early promotions because I found my favorite show to ever air on television (proof in my attached website).

So, even if SMASH drives away some people with the promotions, they may find their way back when the masses are all tuning in on Monday the 6th. Of course, the show’s concept may not connect with the masses and then that would just be a shame.

18. Cari says:

Thanks Matt for including Life’s Too Short on the list. Saw a clip of the show on Graham Norton when Johnny Depp was on and it looked hysterical. If you are a Ricky Gervais fan that is lol.

19. lola says:

I CAN’T WAIT FOR COUGAR TOWN!!!Finaally

20. greg says:

missing Bethenny Ever After – Feb 20

21. Alicia says:

Thanks for the calendar Matt! Would you please consider adding the premiere dates for Army Wives, Fairly Legal and In Plain Sight?

Thanks!

22. ana muller says:

Adam Levine is coming back to my tv screen yaaay! I really didn’t miss cougar town, but you know what I do miss? COMMUNITY

23. Aidan Williams says:

When is Local Talent coming on TV.

24. Mooshki says:

‘I Just Want My Pants Back?’ Seriously?

25. Mooshki says:

Okay, just have to hold on for one more month to get my Psych fix. I think I can, I think I can…

26. Bill H says:

So, in other words, a whole month with NOTHING GOOD starting up. At least Fringe is back and Justified just started a few weeks ago. Wheeee 2 shows a week, great TV.

27. Danielle H says:

Smash.
    So sad that the PAN AM finale is upon us and has NO IDEA that Royal Pains was only running into Feb. SO SAD!! I know it comes back in the summer but still, it’s such lighthearted fun.

28. Stefany says:

I’m sorry. It’s late, and I’m sure I’m overlooking it. But when does Awake premiere? I’ve been looking forward to this since last May – and I don’t see it in February or March. Does anyone have any intel?

29. Amanda says:

What about the best Jersey show Jerseylicous? It premiers sun 2/19

30. Sue says:

The only one I’m looking forward to is the return of The Walking Dead….I was thinking about giving Smash a chance on my DVR but I’m sick of seeing the promo and there really is no space for it…Can’t handle any more shows…Sorry NBC…

31. Jessi says:

Thanks so much for including Being Human! It’s been driving me crazy.