True Blood: Watch the First Season 5 Teaser!

True Blood is heralding the return of the king.

The first teaser for the HBO drama’s upcoming fifth season warns, “In Bon Temps, Nothing Stays Buried Forever,” a reference to the exhumation of Russell Edgington in the Season 4 finale.

Press play below and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories on Season 5.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Carrie says:

I enjoyed it, though it lost some appeal since Denis says we won’t actually see Russell until some time in…

2. Anthony Newhall says:

YES! I needed him back, I need the humor.

3. sunny says:

““In Bon Temps, Nothing Stays Buried Forever,” a reference to the exhumation of Russell Edgington in the Season 4 finale.”

People will be shocked to learn there are many secrets this could refer to as well.

4. Michael says:

It’s kind of… lame. LOL IDK. Whatever, the point is that I’ll be watching regardless.

• Danielle H says:

This. There have been better teaser trailers from this lot. But I will be watching. But if the show doesn’t improve on last season, this will be my last season spending 45$ for the 3 monthes it’s on.

5. matt says:

I don’t know, for me Edgington coming back is HUGELY anti-climatic… The way they left him it was PAINFULLY obvious that he’d get out in no time, it was just dumb. Leaving him alive made absolutely no sense at all since they clearly had no qualms about killing vampires and he was by far the biggest threat they could have. The viewers aren’t surprised he’s back, and the characters should definitely not be surprised, so not only is not exciting, but the decision to keep him alive and how it was written was so dumb that it’s hard to even invest in everything that comes after it.

6. kristi stuart says:

When is the first new eposide? We didnt know about the teaser and cant find it on our hbo guide. Thanks

7. Russ says:

Who thinks Tara is going to get turned into a vampire??

• Nicole says:

That would be awesome – it would finally give the character something to do, and she’d be a pretty badass vampire.

8. Nick says:

Am I the only one who caught that the music playing in the background was “King Me” off of Lamb of God’s new album? Weird to play a song from a heavy metal band…

9. Trenton says:

I’m glad the King (deposed?) of Mississippi is returning, but only if True Blood does it in a fresh way. If he isn’t this season’s big bad, he will undoubtedly get dispatched by the big bad as if he was a shot of jack in front of Andy Bellafluer. I’d rather him be like a wild card character always dangerous and always out there.

10. Simon says:

I’m looking forward to series 5. I concider series 4 the best yet & I just hope for three things: 1. Tara survives her encounter with Debbie Pelt, 2. Alcide & Sookie start a relationship & 3. Eric finally gets rid of Russell with a little help from Godric

11. Nicole says:

Russell is great and I’m so glad he’s back, but my excitement for season 5 is mostly related to vampire Steve Newlin. I cannot wait. The scene with him and Jason in the season 4 finale might be one of my favorite moments from the show so far. So excited for the new season!!

• JAC says:

Agreed. I almost forgot about Russell but we keep talking about the return of Reverend Newlin as a vampire. I can’t wait to see where they go with that story line!

12. Ben Kabak says:

I love Rev Newlin!

13. Yanez says:

I’m excited for season 5…Wondering what Sookie is going to do now that she’s told both Bill and Eric she doesn’t want them. The Steve Newlin story line should be very interesting too. What does he want from Jason and is his wife a vamp too? They’re bringing in Claude as a love interest for Jessica so what will that with her new relationship with her? And I am hoping Tara becomes a vampire this season..hopefully sired by Pam…Most importantly, I miss seeing Alexander Skarsgard on my tv every week…Can’t wait until June.

14. Brooke says:

I have to say that I am more thrilled about Newlin being a vampire then Denis O’Hare’s return. I love Denis but as others; his return was too painfully obvious. Newlin being a vampire was actually a nice surprise.

Also as others; I think the ‘secrets’ isn’t just about Russell’s return; but I think secrets will come out in Bon Temps as well.

15. Jesse says:

I’m hoping they leave Russell’s return for the season 5 finale. That way he’s not back too early. Though even only two seasons of being gone is too early.

16. David says:

Well, Dennis made mention of singing Karoke and TVOnline made mention of a wedding with Karoke. Hm…Russell reinvented but deadly. Now we’ve learned that the Head of the Authority, Roman will be introduced. Get ready for a bloody ride.

17. Sharmaine Allison says:

Like empty walls, your blog is awesome dude. Keep up the good work.
    If blogs were like pancakes, you would be Miss Butterworth! Keep up the good work.
    My blog pales in comparison to your outstanding blog.
    If blogs were like hot dogs, you would be the skinny asian guy who can eat more than anybody.

18. Aqu recomiendo a todo el mundo grandes abrigos de invierno, moncler es una marca francesa, la calidad de la ropa es muy buena, y muy de moda. Definitivamente queremos comprar chaquetas de invierno, la bienvenida a la multitud!