Vampire Diaries Hot Shots: Romance and Roughhousing Break Out at Mystic Falls Ball

Another Mystic Falls event is around the corner on The Vampire Diaries, and we’ve got fresh pics of the gang all dressed up for the occasion — and kicking butt, too!

On the Feb. 9 episode of Diaries (The CW, 8/7c), Elena and Co. attend a formal ball, which in this town can only mean two things: Everything will go horribly awry (picture of Damon shoving someone off a balcony, check ) and romantic entanglements ensue (shot of Elena and Stefan sharing screentime and lingering looks, check).

Vampire Diaries Hot Shots: Elijah Is Back and Kicking Some Serious Salvatore Brother Butt!

Meanwhile, Klaus is caught staring at someone with curiosity and awe. Since an earlier sneak peek revealed that he and Caroline share a dance, we’re thinking the blonde vamp is on the receiving end of that glance.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (36)

• Klaroline FTW. Love them

Comment by Leigh – January 27, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously. Ever since I read that Klaus was going to be pursuing a lady I was betting it was Caroline. If anybody in the crew would be willing to give him a shot it would be her. She is capable of seeing people outside of their faults. It’s the best thing about Caroline!!! Can’t wait to see how it goes!!!

Also, I hope Elijah sticks around for a while. I’m team Elijah, always and forever.

Comment by Ari – January 29, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that Katherine in the pic with Stefan??? I hope so! I miss her!

Comment by Elle – January 27, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it was Katherine when the first pics got released a week or so ago. I totally get the Katherine vibe from Nina here.

Comment by Devon – January 27, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon is probably shoving off Klaus or Elijah, because Damon is an idiot.

Comment by Mikaylah – January 27, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elija needs his own spinoff.

Comment by Rene – January 27, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dream for that. He is my favorite. No Damon Stefan war here, its all about Elijah

Comment by Isabelle – January 27, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have ot seen show forawhile.i like to see stephan salvatore and elaine to be together.they made ratings inseason one. thanks

Comment by kimmanzari – January 27, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon’s probably throwing Stefan off the veranda….they fight sometimes, you know.

Comment by M. – January 27, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s who I thought it was. Stefan.

Comment by Katie – January 27, 2012 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaroline ftw!!!! I was hoping/think that it was calorine he was staring at too!!

Comment by gabby – January 27, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaroline!!! I need this episode now!!!!!

Comment by Amy – January 27, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a fan of Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle, but it always cracks me up how the “kids” on these shows are either going on roadtrips or attending parties. Those two scenarios get alternated a lot. That being said, I don’t mind seeing handsome men in suits.

Comment by Andrea – January 27, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have always wondered this about a lot of “teenager” shows, like Gossip Girl, 90210, etc. Where are the parents? Why do they let their kids behave that way? At first I thought it was odd that they were always doing these things in VD and SC, but then I realised when you don’t have parents, you can pretty much do whatever. On VD, Elena has no parents, Damon and Stefan are vampires, Bonnie’s grandma died and that was who raised her, so no parents, Matt has no parents, and Caroline is a vampire so her mom really can’t stop her from doing anything which also applies to Tyler being a hybrid. SC is almost as bad. Cassie’s parents are dead and her grandma is brain damaged thanks to a spell, Adam’s mom is dead and his dad is a drunk and Jake has no parents. Diana and Faye have parents, but they seem more concerned with magic than their children’s safety. I don’t know about Melissa though, they don’t talk much about her family.

Comment by Jodes – January 30, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Klaroline is always welcome :)

Comment by Anastasia – January 27, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay Klaroline dance! :)

Comment by Christina – January 27, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dnt nid to c elena n steffan together again,he is super beta dat way….no lov no boring steffan….N dimond is geting kicked al de tyme…quit dat…for de rest natin on dem

Comment by Senetor – January 27, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PLZ TLK SUM ENGALISH, not the jibber jabber you are talking because people can not take you seriously talking like that, I mean I couldnt understand what you were saying. No intention of getting you aggravated with me just giving some friendly advice for the future!

Comment by -A – January 28, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh dear Lord, Klaus is so bloody hot! Dangerous, but who cares? Go, Caroline!

Comment by Anna – January 28, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • May I just say Klaus (JM) in black tie: yummmmm!

Comment by Charlotte Jeffries – January 28, 2012 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is definitely some chemistry going on there. I miss SE. I hope they get back together. I read Damon sleeps with a vampire.. So.. I think we are getting our soulmates SE back.

Comment by Alwaysstelena – January 28, 2012 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so into Damon. Everyone is like elijah this, that, and the other thing. How ever you spell his name. Have you people looked at Damons eyes. They are so Beautiful. He’s such a bad boy I started watching Vampire Diaries because of him. I would love it if him alaina get together.

Comment by Britney – January 28, 2012 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. It’s all Damon. Besides the eyes and just being a near perfect physical specimen, he has that funny, snarky, smoldering, badboy thing going on. Elijah, Stephan, Tyler and Jeremy are all hot, they’re just not Damon.

Comment by Bad Breaker – January 28, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eeeeew please no Klaus/Caroline ! BIG MISTAKE !

Comment by Lucie – January 28, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the picture of Damon and Elaine. They look so wonderful. It look like Stephen beening throw over balcony. I hope so. Show more picture of Elaine,Eligha,and Damon.

Comment by Eloise – January 28, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am pretty sure that is Klaus but don’t quote me! lol I do know it ISNT stefan, if you look at stefan’s suit it stops just above his booty but on the picture of the dude over the balcony the suit goes below the butt and the guy is to skiny to be stefan! maybe elijah? most likely klaus!

Comment by -A – January 28, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It must be Katherine….if it was elena would she not have her necklace on ???

Comment by Harlie – January 28, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you remember when Elena put the necklace on Rebecca and then stabbed her withthe dagger or whatever? so im sure rebecca has the necklace on! (:

Comment by -A – January 28, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love u vampire diaries,u guyz are awesome u rock my world,luv u so much paul wesley,i`m on facebook as earl`ommy d`angelo siller,plz plz add me as a friend paul wesley,i`m ur number 1 fan luv u dude,ur my favourite actor

Comment by Earlommy – January 28, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont think it is Katherine in the photos. She has no reason to be here right now. I think its Elena (at least I hope so!) and her and Stefan have some flirtatious moments!!! I miss my Stelena couple!

Its way to hard to figure out who Damon throws over the balcony because all the boys are in suits. My guess is it has something to do with the fake truce. Either something goes wrong and he shoves whoever that was over or it was part of the plan.

Comment by Michelle – January 28, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The directors have made an EXCELLENT job getting viewers to come back, so that we can see if she gets with Damon or gets back with Stefan in each episode! They deserve a lot of applauses

Comment by -A – January 28, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaus is so hot! I hope he’s staring at Caroline and not Elena. Elena/Katherine gets all the hot guys and Caroline deserves someone who’s not Elena’s sloppy leftovers.

Comment by Emily – January 28, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriousoy, people, can none of you fecking spell?? ELENA, STEFAN, DAMON, ELIJAH, KLAUS, KATHERINE, CAROLINE……… It’s not bloody rocket science! What on earth do they teach kids in schools these days, if I had spelled like that I’d have never passed high school i dont think half of you are even speaking or writing even English (and i’m only 25 not exactly ancient!) and all you people who think its Katherine in the pic with Stefan, who are soooo sure because she seems to be so channelling Kathrine in the pic…. It’s the back of her freaking head!!

Comment by Katy – January 29, 2012 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so bored of the main triangle. I think the brothers are nuts to fight over a girl who has ADMITTED that she will never turn. DAMON AND CAROLINE FTW!

Comment by Star – January 29, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lovr the picture of elaine and damon They look so hot. Matter of fact they make a hot and sexy pair. Elijha look so hot too.

Comment by Eloise – January 29, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love how Elijah is always wearing a suit but Klaus wears funky hipster clothes :D

Comment by VDcrazy111 – January 30, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post