Exclusive: Person of Interest Targets Matt Lauria

Does Matt Lauria interest you? Because he soon is about to become a Person of Interest for John Reese and Mr. Finch.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Friday Night Lights alum is set to guest-star on CBS’ freshman drama as a sharp, young trader at a major investment bank — and Reese and Finch’s latest POI.

Lauria will appear in Episode 16, which is tentatively set to air during February sweeps.

Ever since Lights went dark, Lauria has kept consistently busy with roles on shows such as Burn Notice, The Chicago Code and, very recently, a multi-episode arc on CSI.

Person of Interest resumes Season 1 next Thursday at 9/8c, with Paige Turco (Damages) reprising her role of Zoe the “fixer.”

Comments (20)

• More Luke Cafferty aka Matt Lauria? First, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS then he was part of Marg Helgenberger’s emotional sendoff on CSI and now guest starring on PERSON OF INTEREST? He desperately needs another TV gig as a regular since CHICAGO CODE got canceled last year.

Comment by kevin – January 27, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe is back? YES!

Comment by Renee – January 27, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed his guest role on CSI and I am looking forward to seeing him on Person of Interest. I bet it won’t be long before he is a regular on another show.

Comment by Juliab. – January 27, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love POI. Thanks for the spoiler. This show is hitting on all cylinders with a great cast.

Comment by Sandy – January 27, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim Caviezel can read the freakin phone book and I’ll watch. What a gorgeous man!

Comment by Chris – January 27, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^this! Add Matt Lauria and I’m a happy happy viewer.

Comment by Melody – January 27, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • except that he sounds remarkably like 2001′s HAL on POI. Its a little odd – anyone else think that?

Comment by Kate – January 27, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there any way to make Matt Lauria permanent on POI? I miss him on Chicago Code and would love him to find a home to were his acting chops could be seen every week. He’s a great actor and I’d like to see him on a permanent basis Somewhere!!!
    Mikados treasure 55 (PaulaLynn)

Comment by Paula Brmel – January 27, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see him get regular role on a series. He was great on CSI.

Comment by CAM – January 27, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to be in that show:-)

Comment by ross – January 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should be interesting. I like how the show is developing. I didn’t see “the fixer” episode but I hope they are not bringing the character back for a roll in the hay, one night stand kind of thing. I would hate if the shows just has the main character Reese sleeping with every female POI he meets.

Comment by kay – January 27, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should try and find that episode, there is a brilliant Finch scene at the end! I don’t want to see Reese turn into some playboy type either. That being said, Zoe is different from most of the other POI girls. Her “job” fits in very well with what Reese and Finch do, so it’s not just for sex, although that is totally going to happen. Poor Reese needs to have some fun!

Comment by Kim – January 27, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind if he visits the show, but for a minute there, I thought you were going to replace Mr. Reese or Mr. Finch and that would just not do! The show wouldn’t be the same without them…..not to mention, Mr. Reese is very nice to look at!

Comment by Tina – January 27, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this new show ‘PERSON OF INTEREST’ PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE, There are alot of crappy shows out there, but I think this is best.

Comment by Pat Duplass – January 27, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree!!! Absolutley loved him in “Passion of the Christ” Everytime I watch the movie i cry. What a beautiful man with a beatiful soul!!

Comment by Heather Whitney – January 27, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad that the Chicago Code got cancelled. It had one of the better ensemble casts on TV. Good to see Matt Lauria is doing well.

Comment by Tikkanen – January 27, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI rocks. It is the only show that I watch the reruns…sometimes twice..because you may catch something you missed on the original run.

Thanks!

Comment by Andy Bilodeau – January 27, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the POI scoop! This show is soooo addicting! Is it me or is Reese the sexiest character on TV??

Comment by Ali – January 28, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they should let carter go..she’s not a person of my interest..boring woman, sorry guys.

Comment by apongbayani – January 29, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apongbayani….Your opinion is just that-YOURS! It doesn’t matter here. Curious as to the excitement you are looking for. Don’t like so don’t watch! By the way, the entire cast is great. All of them work together superbly, IMO and that is reason the show is a hit.

Comment by miche – February 2, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post