Chuck Farewell: 11 Things We'll Miss Most About Bartowski & Co.

Get your tissues ready, Chuck fans. Although the lights won’t shut off at the Buy More until Friday (NBC, 8/7c), we’re already getting misty-eyed, thinking about what we’ll miss the most from the spy comedy.

Chuck‘s Final Mission Intel, Part 1: There Will Be Blasts from the Past

From the cast’s impressive talents — Adam Baldwin’s knack for a simple guttural response, Yvonne Strahovski’s (fighting) chops, etc. — to a couple of special episodes, here are our picks for the things we loved (and will miss) most.

What will you miss most about Chuck? Fire away in the comments!

1. Dee says:

Thank you so much for this! It’s bittersweet the show is ending but I’m glad for the 5 seasons and a proper ending. Definitely going to miss watching the cast together and yes, the music!

• Daniel Martinez says:

Why do I keep on watching the seasons all over again I miss it :<, Love you chuck I'll miss it I'm having a hard to letting go.

2. Dano says:

I will miss the cast very much. I think they put all there heart & soul/blood sweat & tears into the show ive really never seen a show quite like “chuck” before its pretty special. They really love us the fans you know & its going to be very hard to say good-bye to that. :(

3. Loni says:

I love that all you wonderful folks at tvline have dedicated so many posts to Chuck! It’s been extremely cathartic for me as I’ve been looking forward to/dreading the show on Friday. Thanks for giving Chuck such a proper send off!

4. Adam says:

This was such an awesome fun series!

And I can honestly say I enjoyed it the whole way through. It seems like something I will be able to rewatch a lot on blu-ray.

5. V says:

Awww, I’m going to miss it ALL. Thanks for this, and the other trips down Nostalgia Lane!

6. Dano says:

Another turning point a fork stuck in the road. Time grabs you by the wrist. Directs you where to go. So make the best of this test & don’t ask why? It’s not a question but a lesson learned in time. It’s something unpredictable. But in the end its right. I hope you’ve had the time of your life.

• Ashley says:

I actually don’t watch Chuck (saw a couple eps but it was on when something else was on and well, we all know how that goes). I just had to comment and say that this song always makes me emotional, lol.

7. Gusar says:

“And you know what, Moonlighting-curse-fearing writers? There’s still plenty of drama and love! So there!” <– THIS!! Totally and completely this! The only "dark times" of the show were when Shaw was keeping Sarah and Chuck apart. And Shaw in general was kinda sucking the fun out of the show. Once he was gone, the fun was back in full.
    I will truly miss chuck. All of it. Sarah's butt-kicking, Chuck's flashes, Casey's grunts, the Buy Morons… everything! It's sad that the show is ending. But on the other hand, 91 eps and a proper ending. So… farewell Chuck, it's been an awesome ride!!

• Von says:

Agreed! More good shows have suffered from drawing out the will-they/won’t they too far than have ever been cursed by a well written continuation of a good love story.

• Ari says:

I feel like Bones really suffered from drawing out the will they won’t they. I really loved Bones up until the 4th season. Then it just became obvious that they were doing stupid things to keep Booth and Bones apart and it kind of ruined the dynamic of the show, IMO. I like that Chuck went there and wasn’t afraid to make it a love story.

8. Marianne says:

I’ll miss seeing the characters every week and the talented cast with amazing chemistry. Definitely hard to say good bye to Chuck. And the music was pretty fantastic too.

9. Christine says:

I will definitely miss all of theChuck and Sarah (or Charah) moments and all of the amazing cast who are part of this show. It will be hard to say goodbye tomorrow but I’m still glad that Chuck got 91 episodes, 5 seasons, and a proper ending to close the Chuck chapter (for now).

10. Maggie says:

I’m sad to see the show go, I remember watching the pilot and instantly liking it. I hope the finale gives all the characters (especially the nerds at the Buy More) a good send off. The cast was amazing, perfect. For having a 5 season run, i never really felt cheated when it came to story-lines or new/ old characters. The show worked well. I will definitely be watching the show on DVD.

11. Frank says:

You know what the sadest thing about the finale is? It can’t be watched in Europe. Here in Germany, we don’ t even know when season 5 will be released. Anyway, I will miss the most the cute sounding phrases in polnisch, swedish or german!

12. Dash says:

This morning I bent over, picked up the cat and caught a glimpse of my Chuck DVDs. I involuntarily murmured, “I can’t believe Chuck will be over tomorrow.” It really hit me this morning that this show is going to be gone in less than 48 hours.

13. John says:

Thanks for your list! It was a fun little trip down memory lane. I personally loved seeing the other girlfriends on there…Kristin Kreuk’s Hannah was so sweet, and got SUCH a bad rap when she was on!

14. Jerri says:

Adam Baldwin is brilliant as Casey. Man of a few words, but a grunt says a lot more than words. I’ll definitely miss that.

15. Justin says:

Thanks for the nostalgia! I’m definitely gonna miss this show.

16. sally says:

EVERYTHNG! From the characters, to the awesome storyline, to the relationships & friendships on the show, to the storyline, the witty lines, the action, the comedy and the drama, and seeing this awesome cast together.

17. K. says:

BRB weeping. :(

18. Velvet says:

I’m really going to miss Adam Baldwin :(

• Tal says:

Me too. I’ve been a fan since Firefly. I hope he gets another TV role quickly (or hey Sylvester Stallone, please cast him in The Expendables 2, he knows how to wield a gun in the most badass way possible).

19. Isabel says:

I agree Aussiello with all of your choices!..i wi definitely miss the music. I’ve been introduced to a lot of new stuff because of Chuck. But i will mostly miss the cast and their undeniable chemistry. If only they were real…zach and yvonne…2 amazing actors who played 2 characters i deeply love..long live Charah, LONG LIVE BUYMORIA!!

20. Velvet says:

What is next for Adam Baldwin?

21. champmav says:

What about Sarah Lancaster? I always appreciated her [astonishing] beauty, despite scripts that gave her little to do most of the time. Her pairing with Ryan McPartlin is one of the most believable casting moves on TV; their attractiveness (personality & looks) seems so evenly matched. And (with apologies for my shallowness) that made it more believable.

22. Rachael says:

Thanks guys for all your great coverage of Chuck over the years … sad to see it all end. :-(

23. Monkeyrat says:

The only show that had me crying when it ended was Buffy. I was sad to see a bunch of others go, like Angel, Dollhouse, The L Word, Veronica Mars, FlashForward or Ally McBeal. But only Buffy made me literally cry. I think Chuck will be the second one. I’m already a little teary-eyed just writing this. I can’t believe it will be over tomorrow. I just can’t.

I agree with every single thing you’ve listed, and there are many, many more. I will miss EVERYTHING about this show (well, maybe not Shaw ;)).

And yes, the music was phenomenal. The Naked And Famous’ “Young Blood” will always be a special one, for obvious reasons (also because it’s freakin’ good music haha, but it’ll always be “the proposal” one). And Jeffster doing “Push It” while Ellie is in labour and is all “oh God” will always make me laugh like a moron lol.

If someone from the show reads this: THANK YOU for 5 years of awesomeness !! :D

24. Steve says:

I will NOT miss “Jeffster”, and hopefully my brain will purge all memory of them. They were really funny in the first season, but later turned into the most annoying characters I’ve ever seen. Lester’s character was particularly repugnant. I could never understand what the “Chuck” creators were thinking with what they did with these characters.

25. Becky says:

I am really going to miss this show! One scene I will never forget was season two, episode seven with Casey and the “Hi-C.” I have never laughed so hard in my life. “What? I wasn’t hatched.”

26. champmav says:

I appreciated Jeffster, also thought they got overused. Was relieved to see the redemption of them at the end, particularly the elevation of Lester from irredeemable idiot to unfortunate recovering chemical trauma victim whose ID no longer runs amok.

27. Margie Dominguez says:

Well, with more and more of the shows I love (Chuck, Community, Pushing Daisies, etc.) going off the air, I may as well get rid of my TV. I can’t stand reality shows (except for an occasional Biggest Loser), and the writing for most shows on now is LAME! Will definitely miss Chuck and the gang.

• Liz B. says:

Community isn’t going off the air. It’s on hiatus. And if you want good shows, may I recommend Once Upon a Time, as well as most of the shows on AMC and HBO?

OT: I’ve been a fan of Chuck for as long as I can remember, and it kills me that it never really got the attention it deserved. It’s hard to believe that it’s ending tonight. I keep thinking that we’re going to have another Save Chuck campaign, like going to Subway or incessantly tweeting #NotANielsenFamily at NBC and their advertisers. And I will always associate with that Bon Iver song with Chuck and Sarah getting together, but Short Skirt/Long Jacket will always be my Chuck song, for obvious reasons.

28. Rae says:

I don’t usually get so attached to shows, but this show definitely got. It really did have the perfect mix of action comedy and heart. I love the fact that Chuck and Sarah once together, STAYED together, that they were able to depict their characters growing up so well (so touching!). I also love the focus on family. Thanks for introducing me to Skinny Love and 3 Rounds and a Sound (phenomenal scenes)! Thanks a lot Chuck for five great years!

29. Barb says:

can’t believe these last 5 years have gone by so fast…wish we could slow the clock down and keep Chuck around for a while longer…now what am I going to watch on Friday nights until golf season arrives? Chuck ranks up there in my top 5 list of shows ever…and I’m almost 57…so going to miss all the gang. NBC, thanks for bringing Chuck to us, hope there will be another show that is equally as good to take its place. So long Chuck…it’s been a good ride.

30. Chris says:

Chuck is fantastic! Thank you to all who put it together and pulled it off for a fabulous five years of fun. :) And good luck to all (cast, crew, creator, etc) in whatever their next adventure/endeavor may be.

31. Heather says:

Seriously? Am I the only one who’s going to miss Morgan? Joshua Gomez’s charming portrayal of the equally nerdy sidekick has been memorable at the least, epic at times, even if I didn’t like him with the intersect.

32. Sean says:

Hi All,

Long Live CHUCK!! Here’s to the ‘Chuck’ Movie in the near future

33. Michelle says:

Will miss the cast and the blend of humor and action. Most loved the bromance between Cuck and Morgan-both growing up but not apart-still best buds

34. Brian Landon says:

Will definitely miss the show! But I’m glad they are taking it out on a high note and not dragging it out.

Great cast and script writing!

Farewell Chuckster!

35. madde says:

o can’t believe it’s going to be over. long live our favourite CHUCK <3

36. Melody says:

Is it sad that I’m still in denial that this is the end? I know I’ll break down into a sad looking pile of tissues and tears if I let the idea sink in.

37. Bryan says:

Smart, fun, and great! Best show ever you will be missed Chuck!

38. Jorge says:

Where’s the petition form for season 6 to sign?????? It can’t be over!
    Chuck is the Best!

39. GreatGrandma33 says:

Thank you to all the wonderful actors who put their heart & soul into the characters you played. You made them real to us and it was very easy to fall in love with each one of them. We will miss them very much. However, we hope to see you actors in many more programs to come. God Bless all of you.

40. Ron says:

I really loved this show. The main characters were so cute together. They really made you feel the chemistry. The whole cast complemented each other so well. I wish it kept on going. Maybe they’ll make a movie?

41. Loretta says:

I’m so sad! I loved this show! Funny, well written, light, entertaining! Bring it back!!!

42. Debbie says:

One of the few shows I could watch with my 5 children (5 to 14). Even they don’t understand why a great show with drama, comedy, great fight scenes (Yvonne and Zachary), Adam’s grunts, and Joshua’s goofiness gets booted off the air when there are so many lame shows on. Thank you to the actors, the creators, the writers and the directors…one of the best tv shows ever. We will miss you. The dvds will be dragged out and watched over and over again as we are in denial it is over. Hope to see some action movies with Yvonne…maybe Jackie Chan can hook up with Zachary and Yvonne along with the rest of the crew to make a movie. Loved the special guest stars and the 80″s references. You brought all of fun from that time into the future for my children to enjoy and grow to love too. We were hoping you might show Sarah and Chuck in the future with a couple of little ones as the ending. We would have loved seeing them together with her remembering. Movie time: bring back Scott B. as the intersect genius to fix Sarah’s memory. Maybe he did not die but was taken by bad guys to work for them, Chuck’s sister get strange email, follows the lead, brings in Linda H. to help the gang spring him. Please let there be more Chuck!

43. BDH says:

Thank you to everyone involved with Chuck. I miss the show. It’s to the the point that i have nothing to look forward watching on television anymore.

44. Erika says:

I hope they make a Chuck movie. They were the perfect ensemble. I miss this show!!!!

45. ray says:

i really miss chuck :( ,im still really sad over it,i really hope theres a movie,or continue in some capacity in the future,its been over 5 months n im still grieving,i would have been so satisified if it had lasted like 10 years ,but 5 years is too immature,it still had so much energy to give, we want more :(