Izzie or Izn't She? Katherine Heigl Sets the Record Straight About Returning to Grey's Anatomy

Get More: News, Scoop

It’s been a week since Katherine Heigl publicly expressed a desire to return to Grey’s Anatomy for a brief stint, but is Izzie really any closer to checking back into Seattle Grace?

In a word, no.

At Tuesday’s New York premiere of her action-comedy One For the Money (opening Friday), the actress told TVLine that the olive branch she extended to her old stomping ground via E! Online has not yet been accepted.

“I haven’t been approached about it [yet],” Heigl said. “But who knows? You never know.

“If they want me to return for an arc, I would love to know where Izzie is now,” she added. “It’s been a couple of years. I really hope she’s succeeding somewhere.”

When we floated the idea that perhaps Izzie followed in her portrayer’s footsteps and adopted a child from South Korea, Heigl urged us to pitch it to Grey’s boss Shonda Rhimes. “That would be a great storyline,” she enthused. “Izzie can’t have children without Alex… because when she had cancer she had to fertilize her eggs, so they’re in a vial somewhere in Seattle Grace.”

Heigl went on to admit that she no longer watches the show because “it just makes me sad… I feel like I’m missing the party. I live about five minutes from the studios, so I have to physically hold myself [back] from just popping in and being like, ‘Hey guys — whatcha doin’?” (Reporting by Alyse Whitney)

Comments (150)

• “When we floated the idea that perhaps Izzie followed in her portrayer’s footsteps and adopted a child from South Korea, Heigl urged us to pitch it to Grey’s boss Shonda Rhimes.”

What a dumb, ass-kissing idea after we just got an adoption arc with Meredith.

Comment by Hank – January 25, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah that I kinda a stupid idea. But I would like her to come back to get some closure with Alex, I don’t think he can have a functional relationship without it.

Comment by Russ – January 26, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is so dumb!! She just had to leave and become a movie star… Hows that working out. I for one dont want her back. The show is better with out her.

Comment by Kate – January 25, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, she’s obviously quite intelligent. And the movie star ‘thing’ is also obviously working out pretty well. Google works, even for the moronic.

Comment by Tarc – January 25, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THANK you. This^^ – a few dozen times over.

Comment by Annie – January 25, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • amen, sister!

Comment by Ashleigh – January 25, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, she wanted to be home with her kid, and yes, she does make movies, but she can do them for a couple of months at a time, and maybe only a few days a week. I wish she hadn’t left, would love her to return. Lucy was HORRENDOUS.

Comment by lorna – January 25, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And considering that she was ‘taking a year off’, she managed 2 films the first year, three the second, and has three more in the pipeline, and created a successful production company. I also believe that she made more money every year since she left (than she did going GA). I’d call that very successful.

Comment by Tarc – January 25, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Regardless of the number of movies she made, none of them made her the A-list movie darling that I think she expected to become. In fact, she has fashioned a public persona for herself that is snobby, whiny, and cliched.

Comment by DCwriter – January 26, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. I never did like the character, especially when she started dissing Callie and George’s marriage. I thought she was too self centered and selfish, not to mention jealous that George wanted to be with Callie instead of herm and she did every thing in her power to always get in between them.

Comment by ariz – January 25, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Omg! Finally someone that agrees with me about izzie and her affects on george and callie! Thank goodness there are people out there that think this way!

Comment by angelic – January 25, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s when the wheels came off the wagon for me. I loved the George/Izzie best friends relationship up until then, but that completely ruined it.

Comment by Cari – January 26, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was never an Izzie fan. NEVER. Not in the Denny years, not in the George years, not in the Alex years. I don’t think there was ever a single storyline of hers that I liked. She was a shrew of a character who was selfish and rude to anybody who disagreed with her. There is no reason for her character to come back. Both Izzie and Katherine burned their bridges. What would Izzie’s storyline be if she came back? I don’t get the impression that any of her friends have bothered (or wanted) to keep in touch after the way she took off. Izzie treated her friends badly. She interfered in everyone’s relationships so that she would be the most important one. She treated Alex, her husband, who stood by her while she had cancer, who almost watched her die, like dirt and then ran out on him sticking him with her medical bills and then came crawling back saying she thought they could make it work. Alex deserves better (and knows it) and so do the viewers.

Comment by Dash – January 26, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Izzie wasn’t my favorite, I liked her because I thought she would be good for Alex, because I liked Alex.

Comment by Alice – January 26, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think your forgetting the fact that she didnt write the script. She played the part the way the director told her to. If they wanted a selfish and rude character out of Izzie. They got it. Dont diss Katherine.

Comment by Ashley – August 6, 2012 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thank you, sister!!!1

Comment by Lorraine – August 10, 2013 06:45 PM PDT
      • 4 one Callie end up being gay also George died and its not right that she wants to be in the show but can’t also if she be in the show I could make it longer and they could make more money so PUT HER IN !!!!!

Comment by Kelly – November 20, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well done Kate. Some times the basic troll still works.

Comment by ultimate troll – January 25, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ur the dumbass here if she wanted to start a movie career let her n she’s doing successful instead of u probably being slow life loser

Comment by izzy samu – September 3, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad KH wants to go back!! The show’s not good without Izzie and george…

Comment by Camilla – January 25, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Katherine, and I love Izzie, and I would so be thrilled to see her back on Grey’s. But I can understand SHonda not (immediately) taking Katie up on her offer. They’ve got such a huge cast and some of the original main characters are barely getting enough screen time as it is. On top of that comes that I don’t want Izzie back for just an arc. I either want her back for good, or for the last batch of episodes some day, to walk off into the sunset with Alex. Not somewhere in the middle of next season, she’s there for 4 of 5 episodes, and then she’s gone again.

Comment by Dominique – January 25, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anybody else think she’s faking this whole thing?
    She really wants people to remember she exists doesn’t she?
    The characters and storylines are so much better now than the older seasons. Do not bring her back!

Comment by Mario – January 25, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s called the ‘drumming up publicity so people will remember this godawful movie is being released’ approach.

Comment by Erin – January 25, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really don’t want to see her back on the show either. The show is better off without her bickering.

Comment by sararam – January 25, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the original story-line. The new ones seem too dramatic. and i know its a drama and all…but i liked the originals better

Comment by Ashley – August 6, 2012 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want her back! KH wanted nothing to do with GA, spewed lots of anger about various things, and now wants to be welcomed back with open arms? No, no, no!

Besides, Alex deserves better than someone who walked out on him.

Comment by Just Me – January 25, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Weird, because no, she didn’t. The entertainment press invented a couple tempests in a teapot which some clueless people lapped up like it was FoxNews, but it doesn’t mean that it was true. It’s always been clear that the Heigl haters were simply jealous folks looking for reason to knock someone.

Comment by Tarc – January 25, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You should get your facts straights. When her movie career took off (before it tanked), she took “some personal time” to adopt a child and then took a maternity leave to spend with her child. The writers had to rewrite her story so they could explain her absence. And this was after she said she worked long hours and the writers didn’t gave her Emmy material in the previous season. And after all this, she asked to be let out of her contract!
        So how can you say people are jealous of someone who clearly has no work ethic? She destroyed her character while destroying her work relationship with everyone on the show so she could make pathetic movies (and then criticize who she worked with).

Comment by Ines – January 25, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I actually have my facts straight, dearie. I’d suggest doing some reading. And building up some reading comprehension – and revisiting the video online – in which she DID NOT say that she was turning down the nomination because of the writing, but because others in the cast did much better work. Heigl’s work ethic is pretty much evident – she has a young child and a production companty and puts out 2-3 movies a year. I’d say that’s unequivocally an awesome work ethic. I think its’s plain that most haters are simply jealous – attractive, talented, loyal, honest, intelligent actresses are very hard to fun – and very daunting to some.

Comment by tarc – January 25, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I usually stay out of the comment sections but Tarc…. you got problems. Here is HER exact qoute about the Emmy Nomination

“I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention,” she tells Gold Derby. “In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.”

That is a huge swipe at the writers and the producers of the show that allowed her to become famous and make movies. The show did accomodate her adoption and maternity leave and then she decided she wanted to move on.

This is so obvious. She is promoting a movie that is probably not very good. She has had a string of bad movies come out recently and her “people” need to get her name out there and this is a way for her to do it in front of this bad movie.

Tarc try and be a little objective. I liked Heigel on GA before all this and would not hate if she came back but don’t think this is not some well thought out ploy by her publicist to get press before this movie comes out.

Comment by ghutch70 – January 26, 2012 06:12 AM PDT
          • Well Tarc, you seem to be either Heigl or her publicist since you’ve commented on everyone that critiqued her work.
            So, let me tell you this: if this was happening in the real world she would have been fired! In the real world you cannot take personal time and maternity leaves and asked to let out of contracts whenever you want. The producers of GA allowed her because they knew she was a bankable actress. Her character was saved and George died because the network didn’t let her out of the contract, because she was a bankable actress. Only when the network and producers realized that keeping her meant she would continue to take more personal time off and they would loose money, they let her out of the contract.
            In the real world you cannot speak badly of your former employers and then expect them to hire you back.
            In the real world, you cannot trash talk your colleagues, writers, producers or bosses because that is not work ethics (as proven at the Emmy nominations as ghutch70 so rightfully pointed out, or with Knocked up).
            Also, it is not work ethic to pursue other people’s problems (remember how she told the world about Isaiah Washington and T.R. Knight f word).
            It’s funny how you mention Heigl being an “attractive, talented, loyal, honest, intelligent actress” but I’ve never seen Jennifer Aniston, Elizabeth Banks, Angelina Jolie, Jodie Foster or any other successful actress be that unprofessional.
            Oh, one last thing, Hollywood is all about money and Heigl is no longer is a bankable actress so don’t get your hopes up on her coming back to GA.

Comment by Ines – January 26, 2012 08:09 AM PDT
        • Lol. Her movie career has NOT tanked. In the slighest. I’m pretty sure every movie she has been in since GA has done extremely well. But I still would love for her to go back for an arc in GA. She was one of my fave characters in it.

Comment by Tina – January 25, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Katherine Heigel’s movie career

Lets look at her post Grey’s movie career where she made the movie as one of or is the major star of the movie. Her last episode of Grey’s was in November 2009 and she has had 3 movies come out since that time and only 2 where she is the leadd( not counting New Years Eve)
            Life as we know it. Production budget $38 million-grossed $53 million. Good return

The Killers. $75 million production budget-grossed $47 million. That is a flop.

So this One for the Money movie is a big test for her. She is BY FAR the biggest star in the movie. Maybe if it opens well and makes money, her movie career will take off. If it bombs( which I think alot of people are predicting), her movie career will be in a tailspin a bit.

YES I know she had the Ugly Truth, 27 Dresses, and Knocked up BUT those are when she was on a hit TV show and was in millions of peoples homes every week. That helps to sell movies.

Comment by Ghutch70 – January 26, 2012 06:25 AM PDT
          • One for the Money is based on a really popular series of books. I think it will do well. The fact is, she’s doing interviews for the movie, and almost every time she does one, she’s asked about Grey’s. Maybe she realized she gets bad press every time she repeats that she wouldn’t go back. But she knows that Shonda’s not writing her back in, so it doesn’t take anything to say, Sure, I’d LOVE to go back. Or else it’s another story about her trashing Grey’s Anatomy and rilling up the “How dare she not kiss the feet of Shonda Rimes!”

Comment by No big deal – January 26, 2012 11:31 AM PDT
          • Life as we know it -> budget $38 million , profit -> $105 million
            The Killers-> budget $75 million , profit -> $98 million
            New Year’s Eve -> budget $56 million , profit $142 million

Comment by bleh – July 9, 2012 04:24 PM PDT
      • KH and TR Knight brought a lot fox tension to the set. That’s nor from the meek, that’s from people that worked there so the drama was not a concocted idea. It was happening and they were responsible for it….

Comment by Ana – January 25, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, that TR Knight, running around calling his costar a fa*got while physically attacking another one, causing a huge sh*t storm that forced a closeted actor to come out… Oh wait…

Comment by Ron – January 25, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Don’t expect sanity from the haters, Ron. Actual facts don’t matter to these looneys.

Comment by tarc – January 25, 2012 04:22 PM PDT
  • I saw her on The View and this campaign she is waging to get back on GA is starting to seem a little desperate. If her new movie was any good there would be more movies to follow because the book series it is based on has about 19 books in print and more to follow. This suggest she does not have much faith in her new movie.

Comment by bentley1530 – January 25, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katherine Heigl wanted to leave the show. She doesn’t get to come back now that her career isn’t working out the way she was hoping. She made the choice to leave the show; I have no interest to see her come back.

Comment by Samantha – January 25, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely!!!

Comment by Ashleigh – January 25, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heigl’s career is working out better than ever – something you can look up on your own. I’m sure she was interested in revisiting GA because the role was heavily messed up by the writers, then quickly dropped in an unsatisfactory way. I think a lot of people would like a little closure.

Comment by Tarc – January 25, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is that you, Katherine?

Comment by E – January 25, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL! Hardly… not unless Heigl changed genders, hair colors and grew a beard when I wasn’t looking.

Comment by tarc – January 25, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tarc is absolutely right, E. and all you other Heigl-haters. The writers screwed up that role majorly, as they did with a lot of aspects of this formerly-fine show. They’re finally getting it back on track, and some Izzie-closure would be a great way to complete that turnaround, especially if this is the last season (as it should be – go out on a high note, please, Shonda!).

Comment by Annie – January 25, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There was closure with Izzie’s character. I don’t understand why the Heiglbots don’t understand that! She came back, spewed a lot of stuff about self discovery and how she had either applied for or gotten a job in Tacoma, begged Alex to take her back because she could finally see the good man he had become because apparently the whole marrying you and standing by your side during your cancer treatment wasn’t good man material? Then Alex told her that he finally realized that he was a good man and because of that he knew he deserved better. Izzie goes off, presumably to Tacoma, to be self absorbed in another hospital. Closure. There was full closure. I think what you guys should start saying is that you want Izzie to come back so she can redeem herself because she went out looking like a real douchecanoe.

Comment by Ari – January 26, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I see no difference whatsoever between her and Shelley Long (except that Shelley has real talent, but the situations seem the same).

Comment by april-ann – January 25, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wah wah wah. I feel like I’m missing the party. Then why did you quit? I seriously doubt anyone give two f**ks about you anymore. Besides, I love posters who think that they’re so close and personal with you that they can call you Katie.
    Show is horses**t and I can’t wait til they cancel it!!!

Comment by Dave – January 25, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or we might just use “Katie” as a means of condescension.

Comment by Jonathan – January 25, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nah, I think some people are way into trying to get up close and personal with tv/movie actors instead of dealing with their own problems. What do you think, Johnny?

Comment by Katie-licious – January 25, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Couldn’t agree more…lmao.

Comment by Dave – January 25, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because it takes SO long to hit those extra three keys right?

Comment by Cheryl – January 25, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please, a lot of people call her Katie. Those who love her, and those who don’t. It’s got nothing to with being close/personal or whatever. Hell, her official twittername is KatieHeigl, so really, what’s the big deal?

Comment by Dominique – January 25, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • just saying: if you don’t like the show why do you commment about it?

Comment by Ti – January 25, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching GA because of her awful character. If she comes back, I’ll stop watching again!

Comment by Laura D. – January 25, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see her return but sadly enought I doubt it will ever happen. My gut is telling me Shonda won’t allow her to come back.

Comment by Ingmar – January 25, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, Katie, you’re wrong. That would be an AWFUL storyline. Just say it was the worst idea of your career to leave Grey’s Anatomy and be done with it. Stop beating around the bush and talk to Shonda. I’m sure she could figure out a nice, drama-ridden way for Izzie to come back.

Comment by Jonathan – January 25, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Worst decision? No. Check the facts. And you must have missed the part where she said that they contacted the Grey’s folks about it already… maybe you should read before shooting off your yabber.

Comment by tarc – January 25, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is so pathetic. I hope ABC and Shonda don’t accept her back. This is all faking, after bad mouthing the show and writers and left in the middle of her contract she wants to be back? LOL

Comment by Sam – January 25, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t believe that it will ever happen.
    She fought so hard back then to get out of her contract, even publicly saying that the show doesn’t feel like a good place to be anymore after T.R. left … and now she wants to go back???
    WHY???
    And missing the party? Oh come on now. The only reason she’s saying those things is that after she left the big movie career didn’t really kick off.
    I understand why Shonda Rhimes isn’t jumping at the chance to bring her back.
    Don’t get me wrong, I liked the character of Izzie very much and would like some closure for her and Alex, but Heigl is just such a diva. So I don’t see this happening (if ABC isn’t stepping in to provide GA a much needed bump in the ratings).

Comment by Daniela – January 25, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s intersting that all the real haters posting are women. They don’t seem to be able to separate fact from fiction.

Comment by Tarc – January 25, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What are you doing “Tarc” stalking this thread? People can have opinions and not like this actress. She’s got a PR team. Doesn’t need you to speak for her or to insult every person who doesn’t agree with you.

Comment by jeeze – January 25, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Izzie, although I wasn’t fond of some of her story lines.

However, what is the point of bringing her back if she’s gonna leave again? I think that we moved on.

Comment by troyenne – January 25, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!! PLease bring Izzie back to breath some new life into the show. I still watch Grey’s but it’s far the days of Season 1-5. And bringing an oldie back would do just that. So I am all for Izzie returning. Love Izzie and Love KH!

Comment by Ed – January 25, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I actually think Izzie returning, if only for a couple eps, would give Grey’s the shake-up it desperately needs. It would also give the character of Alex some new life. Even though he’s gotten a lot of camera time this season, the character/his storyline just isn’t as interesting anymore.

Comment by blessedwarrior – January 25, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I find Alex to be the most interesting of the original group. I liked seeing him go from smartass wannabe plastics guy to Peds rockstar. Frankly, if Izzie did come back and Alex showed any interest in her it would really undermine all of the progress he’s made as a character. Izzie’s day is done and Heigl should move on too.

Comment by Vivian Volkov – January 26, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katherine Heigl broke her GA contract. SHE left her storyline frayed. SHE left the show runner Shonda Rhimes and the writers in a lurch while they waited for her to come back to honor her contract originally and the SHE just left. What possibly makes her think anyone wants to put up with her drama anymore? She left the fans high and dry with the Alex/Izzie SL and she knows it. It’s all on her. From publicly taking her contract demands for more money to the press, from complaining about the storylines (as well the poor GA writers, fresh off a horrible writers strike) not being worthy of her, to leaving the show ubruptly. This is all on her, now she wants back? I hope they don’t ask her back. If they do, then this time around ABC & Co. will be to blame. Fool us once Katherine Heigl….

Comment by amy – January 25, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Speaking as a fan who felt rather betrayed when she just walked away from an ongoing storyline, I could take her or leave her. If that is their game plan for Alex’s happily ever after, I’ll be accepting. But not if it’s for a brief, whirlwind story. They don’t need Izzie right now, this cast is big enough to find some bright spots.

Comment by Deion – January 25, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People can get so nasty toward someone they don’t even know. People can guess her motives for why she is interested in returning, but you don’t really know for sure. She may speak sometimes without thinking but I don’t think she’s said anything that warrants the kind of intense hatred I’ve noticed. I wish her best wishes, and if she wants to return to the series for an arc, good luck to her.

Comment by AT – January 25, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ICAM!

Comment by Ed – January 25, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone that speaks sense! Some people comment like she’s a serial killer or something!
      I, for one, would actually love to see her return to the show. I hated how they left Izzie’s story, so I’d like to see her character come back if not this season, then whenever the last season will be. Would be great to have all the originals(minus George, obviously back for when the show is ending.

Comment by DW – January 25, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know it’s a bit ridiculous, let the poor woman be! I also agree, I think a return from Izzie would be a nice way to tie off the show. Plus I’ve been thinking about Izzie and Alex’s un-impregnated babies for a while now, they will have to address it eventually.

Comment by Isabella – January 25, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed!

Comment by Sarah – January 25, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heigl is the we’re stuck with Kim Raver and her ridiculous character. Teddy is just replacement izzie but has no substance for GA. im not a heigl fan either but at least Izzie has some relevance to GA characters. Id be happy if they ditch Raver who cant act her way out of a paper bag so if that means bring back heigl id rather have heigl than more of teddy any day.

Comment by Inparentheses – January 25, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^THIS!!! Teddy is so horrible and one of the things ruining owen and cristina. As much as i hated the stuff heigl said in the past, id take her back in a new york minute if it means dropping raver.

Comment by Brenna – January 25, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, please. The problem with Owen and Cristina is miscommunication. They’d have those even without Teddy.

Comment by Nicole – January 26, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you on how terrible Teddy is as a character, but Raver can act circles around Heigl. Hence her wanting to return to the show, which she was good on, after pretty much every movie she’s made since leaving the show has bombed. She can’t carry a movie. She shoulda stuck to TV.

Comment by tripoli – January 25, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of all the things people say about Teddy, I think what you said is the most ridiculous. Teddy and Izzie are nothing alike as people — save the dead patient husband thing.

Comment by Nicole – January 26, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like that they brought up that all her eggs are sitting, fertilized in a vial in the hospital. I think an interesting plot line would be if Izzie was remarried and needed Alex’s permission to use the eggs/needed him to sign over parental rights. They could use it to have her on for an arc, or could bring her back in a more permanent way.

Comment by madhatter360 – January 25, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The funny thing is is everyone blames the actor for the character, when really I place the blame where it belongs: on the writers. If I was KH I would have wanted off a show that sent my character off the freaking deep end with nothing to back up the crazy. Now the writing is somewhat better, why not try to fix the crazy they turned Iz into?!

Comment by Sabrina – January 25, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the crap that fell out of KH’s mouth that made the barely tolerable Izzie completely intolerable. Ironically, I enjoy her movies when she keeps her mouth shut and doesn’t taint them with her caustic opinions. lol! (Yes, I see the irony in “caustic opinions”…) lol!

Comment by Lizzie – January 25, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The entertainment press makes a mountain out of a molehill with Heigl. If you actually review what she said and show she said it, it’s very, very clear that she’s lied about quite often. Besides, I vaastly prefer my actresses loyal, intelligent, and honest; it’s refreshing.

Comment by tarc – January 25, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if Shonda doesn’t take KATIE up on her offer. If just to tie up loose ends, which is all I want as an Izzie and Izzie/Alex fan.

Comment by Ed – January 25, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Oh god NO!! I wanted the Cancer to kill her, or one of the psycho patients, anything! When she drifted out of a scene never to return I was BEYOND happy, actually started enjoying the show again. I can do without doom-n-gloom-McWhinnyGrumpy on (and off) this show thank you very much! lol! This idea offends me. Offends my sense of right and wrong. lol! Stay Away Heigl.

Comment by Lizzie – January 25, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • D: you don’t know what you are saying… :(

Comment by Mark – January 25, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KH is obviously trying to keep her name out there with Grey’s Anatomy so her “fans” will go see her new movie. She knows full well she’s not going back on Grey’s. They couldn’t afford her if you recall the buzz when she left (more money). It’s a good strategy actually. At least she’s making movies. The actor who played Eli, the nurse who liked Bailey, is also in the movie.

Comment by Christie – January 25, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope she does come back! i miss her! this doesn’t mean she won’t come back at all, it just means she won’t come back anytime soon.. maybe for season nine? :D

Comment by daniel – January 25, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katherine Heigl left the show because she had to give time to her family. She had trouble spending quality time with husband and daughter, with all the movie shooting and stuff. If she wants to come back, let her. And Katherine haters, please stop telling all these fake stories.

Comment by Hussain – January 25, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As I recall, she took a leave of absence from Grey’s to “bond” with Naleigh, but made a couple of films during that time. That’s not giving time to your family.

Comment by chantooz – January 26, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Izzy and Alex belong together and everyone knows it, including Shonda Rhimes! I love KH and the character. I really think part of KH leaving was her loyalty to T. R. Knight after the big bruhaha over the Isaiah Washington flap. I’m one of many loyal GA fans who are ready to move on and reunite Izzy and Alex!

Comment by Linderella – January 25, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely 1000% agree with this :)

Comment by Ed – January 25, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree!! :D

Comment by Daniel – January 25, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also completely agree. :)

Comment by Liz – January 25, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like her to come back. The show was the best when she was in it. I miss her. And T.R.Knight too. KH should come back.

Comment by Hussain – January 25, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thumbs up Linderella. <3

Comment by Hussain – January 25, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lizzie, u r a freak. Izzie was an awesome character in the series. KH is awesome. So please…

Comment by John – January 25, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did I mention I watch all her movies?? lol! I just can not stand her on GA. It was HORRIBLE! lol! And, I’m cool with being a freak.

Comment by Lizzie – January 25, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • of course she wants to come back for an arc! why wouldn’t she? she has really nothing to lose–she clearly has good ties with some of the people there (she threw ellen pompeo’s baby shower and justin chambers has only expressed sincere admiration), and coming back to the show that made her would be a good PR move. and this isn’t some kind of “coming back crying after a failed movie career.” while her last couple of movies haven’t really lit up the box office, she is still among the top paid actresses in hollywood. also, one last comment: how soon we all forget about a little thing called “emmy.” at one point heigl was awesome, and deserved recognition for her talent, gravitas, and beauty. cut the girl some slack!

Comment by sam – January 25, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Izzie back for an arc.

I think KH kinda regrets walking away from the show. KH is a great actress. Her past moves haven’t been smart and I have to admit that I was mad at her, but she is talented and her character was always my favourite.

Comment by Svenja – January 25, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone sounds a little desperate!

Comment by Hannah – January 25, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Izzie back on Grey’s because she left so out of the blue. But I would completely understand if Shonda Rhimes doesn’t let her come back because she decided to leave in the middle of her contract. But I can also see it in the reverse that Rhimes would let her come back because she was a big part of the show and unlike T.R. Knight she didn’t leave because she didn’t feel like she was getting enough screen time. I’m also wondering if this came about because of the AU episode airing this week and KH might have heard about it and was like I could totally come back to GA.

Comment by Alicia L. – January 25, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, there are a lot of bitter people in these comments. I would personally absolutely love it if she returned to Grey’s! Izzie is a much better character than April, Teddy, and Jackson could ever hope to be. And I always thought it would be a great storyline if she returned because she wanted to have a baby and her embryo’s are at the SGH. And oh, yeah that they are fertilized with Alex’s sperm just makes it an even more juicy storyline. Here’s hoping! Come on Shonda, bring her back! Alex/Izzie reunion please.

Comment by Lexie – January 25, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she burned her bridges there.
    She shouldn’t have been such a b–ch if she wanted to come back.

Comment by Jeri – January 25, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Send this one to the Printer, we a winner!

Comment by Lizzie – January 26, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Izzie come back! Alex hasn’t really been up to much. Would love to see them in a scene together.

Comment by Rolfe – January 25, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Firstly, I do agree that KH’s almost hostile attitude towards some of her projects has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Including me. But to those complaining about K’s decision to leave T.V. to pursue a film career, grow up. For a lot of actors, television is just a stepping stone to films. Meg Ryan, Julianne Moore, Steve Carell. And let’s not forget where George Clooney got his start. So, people, chilax. It’s really not that big of a deal. If she wants to come back, and they’re cool with having her, I’d like to Alex and Izzie wind up together, if for no other reason than that Alex can’t seem to make it work with *anyone.*

Comment by Katie – January 25, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s fine to leave a show to pursue a film career or raise a child, whatever the person feels they need in life. What is not fine is breaking a contract and just leaving. It’s unprofessional and there’s little excuse for it. I understand family needs, careers etc, but honor the deal you made with the people you are now claiming you deeply care about and miss so much, and don’t leave them hanging….or do if you want to, but don’t expect many to ask, nor feel the need to want you back and welcome you in with open arms because that hope is unrealistic at best in my opinion. But I do wish KH nothing but the best in films and future TV, (outside of the brunt bridges of the GA world) though.

Comment by Claire – January 25, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to the big movie career, Izzy?

Comment by Miffy – January 25, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Google it, because I’m pretty sure it’s doing better than yours.

Comment by BRETT – January 25, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to like Izze more than any other character besides Callie. Izzie was funny, grounded, sensitive and good with patients. And she worked her way through med school and gave up a baby to give it the best chance in life. Izzie was awesome. Then she did the cheating thing with George which was gross. Still, I liked her. But then KH started putting down the show, the writers and biting the hand that had fed her so well. I mean, if she thought she could be more successful in movies, that’s ok. Many have done it like George Clooney. But the way she did it was ugly. She’s spewed a lot of venom and that wasn’t necessary. I still think that Izzie and Alex belong together so I would want her to be back but then that would never be enough. If she only comes back for a few epis people will want her to stay and she won’t and we will be reliving S5 & 6 all over again. So I say, no thanks. We miss you but u burned your bridges and Izzie coming back would actually make things worst now….

Comment by Ana – January 25, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t think there’s any going back to grey’s. or at least there shouldn’t be. she needs to get on a new tv project so we all can get past this melodrama. that might take a couple years if she wants to raise her kid, but i’ll wait. i like her, generally speaking, though she really needs to stop making batcrap rom coms.

Comment by cj – January 25, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Izzie comes back! I love her!!!!!!! It would defiantly be a good story line! I would even be satisfied if she came back with the cancer and was killed off! Just something good and final for Izzie! That or bring her back as a big bad bitch who’s become a better doctor then all the rest of them! C’mon Shonda! Bring Izzie back!

Comment by Chris – January 25, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • izzie please come back . i missed u alot . without grey’s anatomy is not good enough. so i will wait u . u will come back soon…….

Comment by tinbit daniel – January 25, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually miss Izzie sooooo much! I really really hope that she returns, even just for one episode. That would be the best thing ever! It would be really awesome to see where she is. Please let this happen!

Comment by Larissa – January 25, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • izzie u have to come back as soon as possible. we will wait you . i need you . you are so great doctor or surgen. u can do that. so please come back.

Comment by nebeyou daniel – January 25, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t bring her back, I never liked her on the show! Plus, with so many other talented people on the show she isn’t needed. Give Sandra Oh more to do!!!

Comment by paul – January 25, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually really liker her..

Comment by brandon – January 25, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she coming back with Isiah Washington? That way he can slur gay comments and no one will hate her (as much). Brilliant I say!!!

Comment by Dave – January 25, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the alternative universe episode is pointless without Izzie, George and even Burke, maybe the actor did mistakes in the past but his character always was one of my favorites and his relationship with Christina is ten times better than the relationship with the “Crying Baby” Owen Hunt

Comment by Fabricio – January 25, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post