American Idol: Who Was Your Favorite From the Aspen Auditions? Take Our Poll!

Another day, another catchphrase mangled by Randy Jackson. “Bring in the Kraken“? Seriously, dawg?

Then again, perhaps it was just the high altitude and low air pressure of Aspen, CO, that caused the third judge’s snafu (and decision to wear positively atroshe powder-blue shoes).

Whatever the case may be, the fourth audition episode of Idol‘s 11th season brought us a Lady Gaga wannabe (or, perhaps more accurately, a Rachel Zevita knockoff), Scotty McCreery 2.0, a kid who wrote his own audition song, and a promising young woman named Haley. (True confession: It’s going to be a test of my Idol-lovin’ heart to see if I can embrace a contestant who dares to share a name with Season 10’s legendary Growler.) (Click here if a reference to the Lady Reinhart requires immediate musical gratification.)

Anyhow, while I work on a full episode recap that will post Thursday morning here at TVLine, I’ll turn things over to you: Who was your favorite from the Aspen auditions? Sound off in the comments section, and for all my Idol news, interviews, and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Really liked Shelby. Didn’t enjoy Haley that much at all. I get her old school vibe, but those first few notes of her song were brutal. Definitely do think the other few nights of auditions were stronger, but there were definitely a few potential standouts.

2. Kaytee says:

I strongly disliked the girl with bipolar disorder and the lady gaga wanna-be. They were just too much for me to handle and will get eaten up in Hollywood week.

I did like the guy who wrote an original. He surprised me quite a bit with his song and his voice. Although, he was a bit off key in the last stanza.

3. Betsy says:

I can’t vote because I don’t remember their names, but I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to Hollywood – there are a lot of good singers in this bunch!

4. Alex says:

The moment when Haley got me in her audition was when she sang “right on fi-i-i-re” and her voice lilted up and she raised her eyebrow. That was when I went, “who are YOU, young lady?” Favorite audition so far.

5. Sg.Grant says:

Didn’t think any of them were great.

6. chessguy99 says:

Shelby sounded like she could have used another year or so. The rest were meh. The audition episodes have been going downhill since a very good premiere. Hope tomorrows picks up with the quality of talent.

7. Pat says:

By far my favorite:

Magic Cyclops
    age: Unknown
    sex: Female
    from: Davenport, Iowa, England

8. Christina says:

The contestants from the last two shows have been nothing to get excited about. It better pick up in the next few shows or were in for a season of dull contestants.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Christina – it’s a bit early to tell, IMO. I don’t ever remember being overly-excited about very many contestants during the audition phase. the exception? Casey Abrams, LOL. And we all know where that went.

9. Tay says:

So Bipolar does that mean Shelby’s little bit crazy?

10. Ella says:

haley is way too flower child for me. To each their own though =D

And I love Scotty…..but having another one the next season? Too early for that to me!!

11. Justin says:

This season is horrible so far. I literally have not seen one person I’m overly impressed with, or someone to keep me interested.

12. Forwarddad says:

Michael do we really have to wait until Monday for

13. waffles says:

One of the most boring audition shows ever. None of them were anybody I’d ever want to hear a second time.

14. darcy's evil twin says:

Oh no – I’ve been reading Mr. Slezak way too much!
    I also called Richie Law and his pleasing baritone “Scotty 2.0”
    And I referred to Angie Zeidermann as “Rachel Zevita’s weird sister”. I liked her better with my eyes shut.

There were several good contestants on this espisode. My favorite was the guy (Jairon Jackson?) that sang the original song. He had kind of a Bruno Mars/Michael Jackson sound going on .
    And I hate to say it but I kind of liked the weird vegetarian chick.

15. ventboys says:

Seriously…. Jairon Jackson might be the standout of the season so far. Watch out for him.

16. Nadine says:

No one stood out for me in that episode, but I was baking so my focus wasn’t “full on”.

17. Haley Sluthart says:

Ughhh! Enough of Haley Reinhart! (True confession: horse face + growling = Haley is a donkey)

18. Brigette says:

Rachel Zevita is so much cooler than that Lady GaGa wannabee! Take it back, Slezak! Take it back!

19. april-ann says:

Oh, please don’t tell me there’s another Haley! Yikes…

20. Haley Sluthart says:

I may be a donkey, but that doesn’t change the fact that Haley looks and sounds like a donkey. Obviously, your opinion differs. Maybe you think she looks like a llama.

21. JJ says:

Actually, mention of Haley Reinhart triggers a rush for the ipecac.