TVLine Items: Idol's Scotty McCreery Visits Dixie, In Plain Sight Eyes Mädchen Amick and More!
McCreery comes to the CW charmer to perform his single “The Trouble With Girls” during a “pivotal scene” between — gasp! — Zoe and George, Huffington Post reports.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Mädchen Amick has booked yet another TV guest spot. Per EW.com, the Twin Peaks alumna — who in recent seasons has appeared on Gossip Girl, Damages, Californication, White Collar and soon The CW’s Ringer — will play a WITSEC bigwig on the March 23 episode of USA Network’s In Plain Sight, which premieres its fifth and final season on Friday, March 16.
• It’s officially official: Bachelor winner-turned-loser Emily Maynard will be ABC’s next Bachelorette. “I think she’s America’s sweetheart and it will be a home run,” host Chris Harrison said Tuesday on Good Morning America. The Bachelorette premieres this spring.
• Ben Stiller is set to star in, direct and executive-produce All Talk, a comedy pilot for HBO centering on “the daily and life-altering dramas” of a Washington, D.C.-based Jewish family, Deadline reports. Alan Alda is in talks to co-star.
• Lifetime’s Drew Peterson: Untouchable, starring Rob Lowe and Kaley Cuoco, brought in 5.8 million viewers on Saturday night, making it cable’s most watched original movie in two years (since Lifetime’s own The Pregnancy Pact)
• Potential Smash fans (of which there should be many) may now head over to NBC.com and screen the full pilot episode a few weeks early. If you’re otherwise engaged, you can catch the buzzy musical drama’s opening night on Monday, Feb. 6 at 10/9c.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?