Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once Upon a Time, Bones, Gossip Girl, Criminal Minds and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Do you have any scoop on next Monday’s 100th episode of Gossip Girl? – Ivan
Ausiello: Oh, do I. There is a ginormous revelation during the episode that could go down as one of the show’s biggest, most jaw-dropping twists in history. And it’s not directly tied to the nuptials.

Question: I need some How I Met Your Mother news! Maybe something on when Barney and Robin will finally get together for good? —Steph
Ausiello: They’ll be otherwise engaged for the remainder of the season, Barney with new girlfriend Quinn and Robin with her one true love: work. “We’re going to see Robin’s career sort of take off in a new way,” reveals co-showrunner Craig Thomas. “She was always a career girl, and she’s going to start to [really] go that way… So we’re going to watch [her and Barney] move in different directions for a little while.” That said, Thomas acknowledges, “Those two characters and those two actors have this huge, crazy chemistry; I can’t say we’re done exploring [it]. They inform each other’s lives in enormous ways. Before the series is done we will have to address that.”

Question: Set the record straight — how many slaps are left on How I Met Your Mother? I say there are two, but my roommate says one. —Clay
Ausiello: Tell your roommate he’s an idiot. “We have two left,” Thomas confirms of the long-running Marshall/Barney gag. “We were down to our last one, and that made us really nervous. So we were like, ‘We needed another slap!'” (In related news, according to theslapbetcountdown.com, the bet is set to expire in May 2013 — could this be our first official series finale spoiler?)

Question: Any Erin/Andy Office scoop? —Aly
Ausiello: Sounds like Ellie Kemper isn’t in any rush for the stars to align for the unrequited duo. “I don’t know how it will be resolved ultimately, but I like that she has to focus on her own life and work and being without a man,” she tells us. “She broke up with Gabe as well, which was so funny to me…. Not in a masochistic way, but in a way that it allows her to grow a little.”

Question: Doing a little Renewal Scorecard freak-out after Sera Gamble recently called  Supernatural‘s future uncertain. Do you still think it’s a safe bet for renewal? —Casey
Ausiello: Yes. In fact, I’m thisclose to upgrading it to A Sure Thing.

Question: Anything new on the Criminal Minds front? —Paul
Ausiello: Though series boss Erica Messer has for the time being ruled out a workplace romance between Hotch and Prentiss, you might want to keep an eye on the BAU agents played by Kirsten Vangsness and Shemar Moore when the Feb. 8 episode rolls around. “There’s some good stuff coming up with Garcia, her personal life [with boyfriend Kevin] and the relationship between Morgan and Garcia,” A.J. Cook (aka JJ) tells us. “It’s gooood, and it’s juicy. The fans are going to go bonkers and love it!” Bonus Minds scoop: You’ll never listen to “Total Eclipse of the Heart” the same way again after this week’s episode.

Question: I’m a self-prescribed television addict, and I’ve been meaning to ask you this: How many hours on average do you spend watching shows per week? —Esaul
Ausiello: Oh, Esaul, it isn’t a competition! But, if you must know, there’s a simple mathematical formula I use to calculate my weekly TV viewing: Take however many hours you watch, add one hour, and boom — that’s how many I watch.

Question: The end is in sight! Fresh episodes of Ringer will soon be back on my screen! Give us a just a bit o’ scoop to make it through these final dark days? —Jamie
Ausiello: Exec producer Pam Veasey confirms what I told you earlier this month: There’s a doozy of a twist coming in the girl-who-cried-rape plot between Juliet and Jason Dohring’s Mr. Carpenter. “It takes a different turn,” she says, “because it reveals that there’s a greater power behind it.”

Question: Any scoop on Ringer‘s return next Tuesday? —Katie
Ausiello: Despite that pesky pregnancy wrinkle, Siobhan won’t be lying low now that she’s back in New York. “She’s not someone who just sits back and watches, so she’s going to get involved in the action,” says exec producer Eric Charmelo. “But her window for [remaining inconspicuous] is slowly shrinking because she’s pregnant and she’s showing. There’s only so much time that she has to allow this interplay to happen.”

Question: Is there any hope for us Alicia and Will shippers? Or any scoop on The Good Wife? —Flor
Ausiello: There’s always hope. But I wouldn’t count on a reunion in the coming months as the exes make the awkward transition from colleagues and friends with benefits to just colleagues and friends. “What we wanted to explore is after you have such an intimate sexual relationship, how difficult is it to become friends again?” shares exec producer Robert King. “I think the problem is the sex was so good between them it’s hard to ignore. We’re going to explore how difficult it is to deal with the absence of sex in the relationship.”

Question: I still can’t get that Cary/Kalinda kiss out of my head. Anything coming up for my favorite Good Wife duo? —Summer
Ausiello: Their future is just as murky. “The worry on that relationship is how does the boat sail?” King muses. “In many ways, Cary feels very hurt by the fact that Kalinda pushed [for something to happen] and then pulled back. Is there enough sense for them to give another go of it? That I don’t have an answer for.”

Question: After watching the winter finale of Bones, I noticed an obvious physical resemblance between Dr. Sweets and Christopher Pelant, the new serial killer. Coincidence? —Ed Z
Ausiello: I like how your conspiracy-obsessed mind works, my friend — so much so that I sent your observation/theory to Stephen Nathan for vetting. “While we didn’t specifically choose to have someone look like Sweets, we did want to have a young, brilliant killer who would be an opposing force not only to Brennan, but also to our young, brilliant but not evil Dr. Sweets,” Nathan responds. “In Pelant we have found a contemporary villain, someone we might even call our Twitter killer.”

Question: I’m torn. I really want some juicy Bones spoilers but I’m afraid to ask. —Susan
Ausiello: There’s nothing to fear but fear itself. And this photo David Boreanaz took of Nathan horsing around on the set of Bones earlier this month above the cryptic caption, “The Birth! Cameo?” Explanation, Mr. N? “I’m playing a doctor,” he reveals. “But I am not delivering the baby. I can say unequivocally that I am not delivering the baby.”

Question: Do you have some fresh news about the much discussed and highly anticipated 11th episode of House, “Nobody’s Fault”? —Máté
Ausiello: The showdown between Hugh Laurie and special guest star Jeffrey Wright will more than live up to the hype. “Those two were phenomenal,” raves exec producer Greg Yaitanes, who directed the pivotal hour. “Watching two people bring that level of game every day was unbelievable.” As we first reported, Wright plays a renowned neurosurgeon who puts House’s process on trial. “To be the person who’s coming in after eight seasons to decide the fate of the series is an incredible task,” Yaitanes notes. “And he brought so much gravity to it.” Elaborating on the premise of the episode, Yaitanes says, “It will turn a mirror on every person that’s watched the show and thought that all of the dangerous stuff that House did every week was funny. And now something bad happens, and what does that mean? At what cost are we willing to see him take those risks? The outcome of it [impacts] the rest of the season. It’s a big episode.”

Question: Any scoop on the Downton Abbey Season 2 finale? —Janet
Ausiello: Look for a deceased character delivers a message from the great beyond via a newfangled invention called a Ouija Board.

Question: Anything on 90210? —Kevin
Ausiello: Ivy gets a new love interest and career when she falls for a graffiti artist and gets into tagging.

Question: Please, I don’t ask much. Just give us a scoop about Emma and the Stranger on Once Upon a Time. One episode and I ship them already! —Angel
Ausiello: In the next few episodes, the Mysterious Stranger With the Typewriter’s agenda “becomes clearer,” teases co-creator Adam Horowitz, “as we realize he has designs on Emma — both romantically and for another reason related to the curse and more specifically to Henry’s story book.”

Question: Any scoop on David and Mary Margaret on Once Upon A Time? —Louise
Ausiello: They won’t waste any time taking that kiss they shared in Sunday’s episode to the next level. Horowitz confirms that they’ll soon “begin an affair that they know is wrong but is also, somehow, right,” adding that, “Regina quickly makes sure that the cost of this true love trying to work itself out is dire.”

Question: I’m Italian. Yes, I’m an “illegal” viewer of many American dramas, but I can’t wait until the shows are aired on my Italian pay-TV. My question to you is… —Giovanni
Ausiello: Let me stop you right there Johnny and tell you upfront that I gave your IP address to the Italian authorities and I think you’re in a lot of trouble.

Question: Although I still want six seasons and a movie, this seems to be your last chance to give us a scoop on Chuck (insert tears). Make it count, Michael. Make it count! —Heather
Ausiello: You and your pressure-cooker questions, Heather. My final Chuck scoop comes in the form of a confession from Mark Pellegrino: The Lost actor admits he was a little shocked to be included among the assorted “call back” cameos in the swan song. “I never thought that my character would see the light of day again,” he says. “I didn’t even have a name [in my Season 2 episode], did I?! I was just ‘Fulcrum Agent,’ so it was interesting. The stuff that I’m in is pretty shocking and funny at the same time. I think the fans will enjoy it.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Paula Carvajal and Megan Masters)

1. Joe says:

i dont think the slap bet countdown is a series finale spoiler, just the next slap. the show’s been renewed til may 2014 so thats when it should end

2. Tracey says:

Thanks for the OUAT scoop. I love it! I must laugh at people that download illegally then pretend they aren’t doing anything wrong because they live outside the USA. And people wonder why some are pushing for more laws.

• Ok? says:

Put yourself in their shoes. You’d do the same thing if you’d live elsewhere, and talk back at whoever US person that would have written that same comment.
      Wow random comment at a random place… *rolls eyes*

• sara says:

Depends. For example, in Switzerland is not illegal download but only sharing with others.
        And your comment is stupid, US entertainment industry is so happy to invade the world with its products but prevents other nations to do the same! Why the USA is not the dubbing foreign films and TV series like all rest of the world? For protectionism. What a shame.
        So, when the U.S. going to make a lot of money abroad is ok, but it don’t want the illegal download and exchange of entertainment products created in the rest of the world? Great, then keep to your movies and TV series only to your home, thanks.
        U.S. is no better than any other nation, stop the arrogance.

• sara says:

My comment is for Tracy.

• jenna says:

I think the dubbing is for you Europeans who are a bit of a chauvinist. Most Asian countries don’t dub their imported tv series.

• Eboy says:

Actually we do. Depends on a show’s country of origin, we either dub it, sub it or both.

• Helle says:

Acually, in Denmark, they don’t dub at all. Well, except for childrens movies/shows. They only sub, and it doesn’t matter if it’s english, french or japanese.

But they are still behind on a lot off shows and they often buy the wrong ones, like, they bought Pan Am a while ago, but still haven’t bought OUAT.

They really should hurry up and make Netflix worldwide already, like they’re doing with Spotify right now. Or make a seperate website. I don’t care. As long as everybody have the opportunity to see whatever they want.

In Denmark everybody have had the pleasure to watch Beverly Hills 90210 and 2x Friend Monday-Friday between 16:15 and 17:30 for the last 10 years. Really!

But I am thankful, that we don’t have to endure THAT many commercials.

• Liz says:

Actually, the dubbing is part of a lager history. When the US started exporting the talkies back in the 1920’s, they had a problem with the language. The two options were subtitles and dubbing, but because a large part of the target-audience for the movies was working class, and a lot of them were analphabetic. But dubbing was more expensive than subs. So the large countries got dubs and smaller countries got subs. It just stayed that way, even in tv-land, because of, well I don’t know, tradition or something? Anyway, that was my history lesson for the day :P.

• Roma says:

I’m Peruvian. And I am COMPLETELY against dubbing. Doesn’t matter if a movie is in English, Spanish, German, Chinese, Italian, Japanese. NO MOVIE OR TV SHOW should be dubbed. They should always be SUBTITLED. Why? Because the dubbing takes half of the movie or tv show away. First, all the sound effects are lowered in volume so the can put the dubbing voice over the original, so you can barely hear the background sounds. Second, it takes away from the script since they have to change the words in order for the dubbing to go with the actor’s mouth movement. And third, it takes away from the acting since 50% of an actor’s performance is their voice. And in an animated feature it’s 100% of it. DUBBING SHOULD NOT BE DONE.

• Roma says:

Also, I’m completely against piracy. But they have to realize that by shutting down the sharing sites they’re not helping people who don’t live in the US at all. They have to realize that their country is not more important than the others. The US is not the center of the world. What they need to do is make iTunes TV shows, movies and music downloads available EVERYWHERE. They need to make Netflix an INTERNATIONAL site. The same with HULU. Also, all of the official network apps and network sites need to be available for the ENTIRE world. I don’t have a problem with paying for the product, but we, the people who don’t live in the US, have to go to these sharing sites because they don’t give us an “OFFICIAL” choice for us to watch our shows and movies at the same time the US does.

• Barbie says:

Yup, here in Brazil it’s not illegal to download, but only to share. And, yes, I download because of dubbing, because of delays in airing new episodes.

Also, I’m PAYING for the shows I’m downloading, as I’m paying for cable tv every month. I’m simply getting it from another source in advance :)

• Emily says:

Is it weird that this whole int’l downloading brouhaha makes me think of the Prohibition? My assumption is that int’l downloading undermines the process of selling licensing/rights, and that’s bad. But it seems many countries are flawed in how they air (or not air) these shows, and the result is that the foreign masses are circumventing the law. Granted, the internet isn’t quite the same as black markets run by crime syndicates, but still. Where there is demand, there are those who will rise to meet it…

• koda says:

Right, like italian authorities would care about an IP address from Ausiello..

• Nathje says:

Well then it’s bloody time that networks in other countries start broadcasting great shows instead of always repeating and not showing complete series. I’m not saying that downloading is a good thing but I understand why it happens. I live abroad (Belgium) where they repeat everything instead of showing a complete season, if I want to know how a show ends or how it proceeds, I have to look it up on internet. A good thing that there are sites who have complete (written!!!) synopses for every episode. It’s really not funny seeing the first episodes of house for a 100th time and then, when I think they are finally going to show a new season, they start all over again. I don’t have that patience anymore. So I stop watching all together… And than networks start to wonder why they lose viewers, sjjjeeessshhh
      That being said, I’m glad that tvline.com exists, ’cause at least here I can find some answers…
      We’re sooooooooo behind on chuck, gossip girl, bones and How I Met Your Mother so thanks, every detail is nice to hear, who knows when we’ll see these seasons, maybe in 10 years or so…

• qdawg says:

as someone who lived over seas for most of my life, trust me when i say theres really no other option. plus, if you’re like me you pay for a site that shares files so its more of a legal grey area…. but until you’re in our shoes, really no room to judge.

• ROwan says:

Just because you pay a thief to provide you with a stolen video, it doesn’t actually make it less illegal. However, I do know that many people who download video tend to buy the DVD’s when they come out and support a show that isn’t broadcast in their country. I think a studio loses more money because of downloaded feature films than they do with downloaded TV series. Series fans tend to become very loyal.

• Marie says:

See I stream some TV Shows because I don’t get all of them where I live (also downloading and streaming is not illegal here, sharing is), but I have an impressive collection of DVDs (original not illegal!). I don’t want to wait a year to see a show I love and I would gladly watch it live or DVR it if it were on any of my networks. But I always buy the DVDs!!! I agree with you that the movie industry must lose more money that the TV series one.

• Blue Sunflower says:

Actually, a lot of overseas people *can’t* buy the DVDs because the production company won’t release them in European format.

• Joel says:

In New Zealand we’re still watching re-runs of Friends.

• Rae says:

I live in Australia, where we don’t even have an airdate for OAUT yet, there was no way I was waiting for the local station to get their proverbial finger out.
      So yes, I download them. But they are for my viewing only. I don’t share them, I don’t take them off my computer and when the DVD is released then I purchase it.
      This is my justification, for something I will see for free on tv. I don’t download movies or music as that is illegal and morally wrong.

Get down off your moral horse. If you don’t do it, you have nothing to fear.

• Tom says:

I don’t see the big deal either. The Networks put them on their website to watch so they want people watching to get them to be fans and buy the season DVDs.

I felt sorry for the other countries getting Lost on delay. i think Europe was a week behind but Australia was 4 months or something. and if you were a fan, you almost had to hear what was going on. Heck on the West coast you almost had to be off the net for 3 hours to not hear what happened just being on the West coast.

• Lisa says:

Actually, it’s not illegal to download television shows, especially those that air over the airwaves (broadcast television). Downloading the show off the internet is no different than you recording it on DVD and lending it to a friend to watch.

Do any of you record live television? Yes? Do you ever watch/lend it to a friend? Is that illegal? It is not, and is the same with downloading.

In order to prove it’s illegal one needs to provide evidence that it’s impacting the show’s ability to make a profit. Since most of the downloaders are outside of the USA, and therefore do not affect the show’s Nielsen ratings, or commercials, they are in no way impacting the show’s profit.

I studied media law under a professor from UCLA. ;) TV that is over the airwaves, is okay to be downloaded, etc because it’s already being provided freely to begin with.

There are no laws to protect cable shows either though.

**Note this is not true for movies, music, or DVDs.** Downloading movies, music, and dvd copies do directly impact the company’s profit.

It’s also illegal to view movies with more than 9 people in your own home as those people could have bought the movie too. (yes, there is a law for that.)

One last thing to note, sports events where it says that recorded copies are strictly prohibited, are illegal as well.

Oh and I sincerely doubt Italian authorities will care. I know the authorities here in Australia do not.One of my friend’s is a detective and they don’t have the time or resources to chase down every single person who downloads…and they cannot prove that said person was the actual downloader since people can have unprotected wireless signals/hack wireless passwords.

I’m not sure why people get up in arms anyway over other people downloading some crappy television show copy where they have station emblems/previews at the bottom that distract you from the show.

If production companies worked to get a worldwide release, then piracy wouldn’t be an issue at all. Everyone would be able to tune in.

• W says:

You are correct to a point, but as a JD I can tell you that downloading copyrighted material may not be illegal if placed in the public domain, but if it is disseminated without the true owners consent fines can be attached. It is a violation to transfer media from one form to another, such as ripping a CD which is technically illegal. Taking copyrighted material and giving it to someone else by such means is also illegal. Here you have people taking the original and putting it up online without the consent if the true owner this is copyright violation. However each country has its own set of laws for copyrights, so I have no idea what the laws of Italy say on the topic.

There are cases that allow for taping programs and the drv has evolved from that, but the copyright is still in effect. You can not tape a copyrighted program and give it to all of your friends, this would be a violation of copyright law.

Think about it from a business prospective… The repeat airings of the television program also have sponsors to make money, by disseminating the television show the copyright holder misses out on further revenue. Same can be said for foreign markets.

Now being realistic is there going to be a trial for watching an illegal movie online? Not likely but it still can happen.

• Melanie Yo says:

I do believe you are right, and the sites that provide the stream links (i.e. MegaVideo, etc.) are infringing copyright, so they can be fined/sued/etc. BUT, those who stream them aren’t in violation because they are only watching, not sharing (legally speaking).
          I agree with the above post that talked about worldwide releases. More shows should be looking to do that. The same is with movies. IF a movie is released on DVD in the US before it even reaches the theaters in other countries, why would I bother paying money for a movie that is over 6 months old, in which case I am probably beyond spoiled about it. I know that Star Wars had a pretty much worldwide release, and the opening weekend was popular across various countries BECAUSE IT HAPPENED AT THE SAME TIME!

• VS says:

Hi W,

Just wanted to add that at least this behaviour has shown networks that there is a market for their programming overseas and as Netflix has just launched in the UK it seems the encouragement is working to make tv global (about time). Also they’ve just legalised CD ripping for personal (onto mp3 player) use as it was possibly harming CD sales and most people didn’t even know it was illegal in the first place! Finally common sense seems to be winning out.

• Captain says:

That’s a bit holier-than-thou for someone who doesn’t have to deal with that problem. You do know that question was a fake right? And a thinly veiled message at that. Just as many Americans illegally download television because they’re too lazy to watch on TV or DVR it.

• l.a says:

Where im from, u have two options for viewing television, u can have cable and u can have satelite, this two companies buy different tv shows from the US – for example, one bought house the other glee (sorry two shows that came to my mind) – u cant watch both. you’re probably thinking, then buy both of them – but thats gonna cost u a ridiculous amount of money (about 80-90 $ a month for each with most of the channels – not all of them). also, the cable company doesnt provide u with the option of a dvr only vod – and if u missed your show, well then u have to pray for it to be available in Video On Demend – and ofcourse, you’ll have to pay for it(about 10 $, not including the monthly payment for the vod option). And these arguments didnt even include the fact that u firstly have to hope for the show to be bought in the first place and for it to be shown within a reasonable amount of time from the original date – sometimes it’s good enough – glee for example is actually shown about 2 days after the US while other shows are broadcasted months later.
      I dont mind paying for shows – i dont think its an issue with the tv shows downloaders – the problem is with availabilty – right now i get my shows within hrs from when they were broadcasted – and i dont need to be afraid ill run into major spoilers cause half the globe already watched it.
      The answer is not to block us out – the answer is to find a better arrangement…

3. Ruth O says:

Oh dear, 90210 is getting oh so predictable again. Ivy is soooo boring.

• Justwondering says:

Totally agree! Worst character on the show from the minute she was added, kept hoping she would be one of those contract fatalities, man I hate the Raj story I never watch when she’s on, one of these days maybe she’ll disappear (don’t care how, just do it already)

• Magically Suspicious says:

Ivy’s about the only character that doesn’t irritate me now. I wish they’d just kill the show. I’ve watched it since the beginning, so I feel obligated, but that’s an hour a week I could definitely put to better use.

4. Julie says:

Sad that Supernatural is still apparently far from the series finale it so desperately craves. Sure, half the fandom still can’t admit it, but the other half that has had enough of whatever has been happening are sighing with sadness and shame.
    …Ah well. Can’t wait to see Mark back in Chuck! I adore that guy! :D Also can’t wait too learn more about that writer in Once…. I just hope that David and Mary keep their affair going even with the Queen… I mean mayor going openly about it! ;)

• Linda says:

Well then aren’t you and the others that are ‘sighing with sadness and shame’ with Supernatural and it’s not-so-soon finale, don’t have to watch it anymore? Wow, what a concept!

I’m sick of all these people who don’t like shows and want them to end. DON’T WATCH THEN AND LET THE ONES WHO STILL DO, DO! JFC!

• Danny says:

It’s because you are a fan of a show, smartass. So stfu Linda. I know I will watch a show to the bitter end but even Supernatural is pushing it’s limits of quality. I don’t think this show can take another season. Who are they going to fight next, the boogeyman? What shocking death can occur? They have killed everyone! I think that’s the point they are trying to make. It’s like writing a show in a vacuum, there is nothing left interesting to do at a certain point and it would be better put out of it’s misery.

• Percysowner says:

Well if truly half the Supernatural fandom is upset then they should stop watching. If some of them have Nielsen boxes, the ratings will fall and you will get your wish that it be canceled. Until then, I suggest that you sneak a note to the police in your area telling them that some madman is in your home with a gun FORCING you to watch a show you dislike. Perhaps they can come in take him away and you can either change the channel or turn off the TV.

• timotey says:

You don’t like it? Then don’t watch it. A novel concept, I know. If “half the fandom” as you say stopped watching, they would achieve their goal and drive the show to the ground.

• Jason says:

Yeah, I love it how the “vocal minority” says the quality of Supernatural has fallen (really, I hadn’t noticed), when we’ve endured season after season of boring tripe on One Tree Hill, Top Model, 90210 and Gossip Girl. OTH stopped being interesting when Nanny Carrie was killed…and that’s been how long ago?

Supernatural, on the other hand, is far more interesting in a BAD episode than any of those shows above I just mentioned. You wanna complain about something? Complain about how Tyra keeps rehashing the same old format for 18 cycles, refusing to even TRY a cycle with male models–which would attract an entirely new audience and give the show a fresh dynamic.

5. Ed says:

Ugh, Ivy has to be the most boring character on 90210 at the present time.

6. Matt says:

Poor Giovanni :(

7. Allie says:

Well, I’d like to say the GG revelation is that the baby was actually Chuck’s, but… given how they dealt with the storyline, maybe not.

• Asha says:

Judging by the patheticness of Dan Humphrey I’m guessing the revelation is that Dan tells Blair he loves her, Blair panics and says she loves him too, they run off together, 85% of the fans Gossip Girl has been retaining vomit and then burn all of their Gossip Girl DVDs and never watch again. Thus killing the show.

8. Jess says:

thanks for the Once upon a time scoop. I ship Emma and the Stranger too!!

• Aurelia says:

I hope the show finds a way to get rid of Emma. I know she is important to the storyline but she drives me insane. Jennifer Mirrison was a casting mistake. Her Emma gets on my nerves every time she is on screen.

• LOL says:

@ Aurelia LOL, Emma is the lead, if you don’t like her you simply don’t like OUAT

• jennrae says:

Yeah, I don’t like her either. Maybe it’s the character I don’t like, but she seems like she’s always saying the same thing. And she’s grouchy, always frowning. Even Hotch on Criminal Minds almost smiles sometimes.

• Lori says:

Aurelia, Emma is not just important to the storyline, she IS the storyline. She is not going anywhere, EVER, so change the channel if she bothers you that much.

• snowflakesister says:

I totally disagree with you @LOL. This is not a one-character show, so you can love the show without liking Emma. :)

And @Lori. She is the one who changes things yes, but there are at least 4 characters whose backstories are much more interesting than Emma’s. So no, I don’t think she IS the storyline, she is just a part of it like any other character.
          I read comments here and there about the show and I know that Emma’s character annoys a lot of people but they don’t change the channel (like you suggested:) because they love THE SHOW and other characters more than they dislike Emma. As simple as that. :)

• pia says:

You can read negative things, depending on which fansite you hang out, about nearly everyone on the show, strangely enough only the actresses.
            She has a lot of fans who love her & Emma as well, incl. myself.
            Emma is awesome as the rest of the cast & characters of the show. :)

• jenna says:

I like Emma better than Henry.

• Not Fair says:

I am not a fan of Emma either, her perpetual frown and emotional stuntedness are quickly getting old. But I don’t like how they treat Jennifer Morrison. It was supposed to be her show, how come everyone praises and promotes non-stop Ginnifer Goodwin and other actors? Ginnifer’s attempt to steal the show again by wearing hot pink dress while Jennifer wore white at PCAs seemed deliberate and tacky. Jennifer might not be that popular, but she should be treated with respect by producers and castmates nevertheless. It’s not fair.

• Eboy says:

Because you’re not a fan of OUAT if you don’t support the other people who make the show so great to begin with.

Sad, right?

• Not Fair says:

I like the show in general, but I hate to see when one actor gets unfairly promoted (in my opinion!) at the expense of the other. I am trying to be objective and understand that Ginnifer is a better and more accomplished actress, but Jennifer should at least get a chance. All the negative press seems to boil down to her and her character, the show producers should counterbalance that by pushing her forward, like they usually do (cue Shonda Rhimes), but not in this case. That’s why I feel uneasy.

• cindy says:

Emma is a great character and i adore Jennifer Morrison in this part. She got from all the hardest part of all b/c she has no corny fairytale counterpart and Emma is very downtrodden with a tough life and not exactly a child of happiness. It is probably a reason why she doesn`t run with a broad smile through the streets of storybrooke. I think she is from all characters beside mysterious Golds the most interesting one and i like her scenes with Henry, Mary and Gold the most. I´m pretty excited what the stranger adds to her story and i hope the EQ doesn`t have his heart in her cabinet.

BTW: Aurelia would you please just stop to jump on every message board to spread your idle Jen-hate talk. It´s annoying.

• Kate says:

I agree, cindy. The scenes with Henry and Mary Margaret are sweet but mostly I’m looking forward to Emma’s story with Mr. Gold.

• Jill says:

Give it time. Emma’s development is a longterm arc, and so is the change to being happier and less suspicious.

I prefer Emma to Regina and Mary Margaret, although I like Snow and Evil Queen.

9. Jenn says:

I can’t take you seriously anymore Ausiello. You’re so overly dramatic about GG; and biased.

10. Troyenne says:

Yay, I’m not the only one “illegal” viewer.

To the people who condemn it: Shows can take sometimes years before being brought to our screen in France for example. It’s impossible to wait for that long, so that explain why we watch them the day after they air in the US. If there was any other legal way to do it, I’d accept it, but there isn’t.

• Tori says:

Yay me to except I live in the US and I watch alot of BBC stuff that way. We don’t always get the shows here or we get them months after. I have already watched all of season 2 of Downton Abbey and getting ready to watch Luther.

• Troyenne says:

The same for Downton Abbey, they started broadcasting it on December 2011. I couldn’t wait and finished the second season in … December 2011 :p

• Renee says:

Know what you mean. I’ve been catching some episodes of Rush (really hot Australian series) online and it is not available in the US at all. Can’t even get US DVD’s.

• Kevin says:

How did you watch before you stole the content on the internet? You waited for the legally licensed and paid for shows to be shown in your country didn’t you?

• Troyenne says:

No, because I didn’t watch TV before as surprising as it seems. I’d pay for a service that allows me to watch the episodes outside US, when they are released. I pay for my music, my movies, and most of the time I buy the DVDs of TV shows I love. I don’t see why I wouldn’t do it for TV, it’s just that there isn’t an appropriate solution.

• Monkeyrat says:

OK, first: sorry for the tl;dr coming but some of you really need to be educated and I’m frickin’ tired of reading condescending people who think they know better than anyone when it comes to non-US citizens. You may be the most represented country here (of course it’s an american website) but you don’t know anything about the other countries and yet you are so prompt to judge and teach lessons. So let me teach you one for a change.

In France, where I live, they were globally respectful of tv shows back in late 90’s/early 2000’s. Because they’d air full seasons, and not 2 or 3 years late. We have a channel named M6 here that had the most wonderful mix nights (like “La Trilogie Du Samedi” / “Saturday’s Trilogy”) and there were 3 shows in a row, like Buffy/Roswell/Charmed, or at some point it was X-Files, etc. At that time, TF1, the oldest and most viewed channel, didn’t even know what a TV show was except if you count Knots Landing, Murder She Wrote and stuff like that. When they saw how successful M6 was with TV shows, they decided to target a new audience: young people (yeah, it was “grandpa network” for a loooong time, just like the other ones). They bought every single show they could lay their hands on, they bid the highest every single year for a lot of hits (Grey’s Anatomy, House, OTH, etc) even if they didn’t plan to broadcast it. It was just to prevent others to buy it and they kept a lot of stuff (including newest seasons) in a box. As of now, they still NEVER went past S2 of Angel. Can you believe that?? They sold their license to some other network (satellite first IIRC) so some people could watch it. So yeah, after that it was the satellite era, and some other channels did their job. But it wasn’t exactly that flawless and not everybody could afford that kind of TV. Then, what we call the “TNT” came a few years ago, but it took almost 7 years to spread across the whole country. Meaning that instead of the 6 primary channels, there are now 18 (the free ones I mean) and only NOW we can choose english audio, it wasn’t an option before. Some of us HATE the dubbing. I do.

The “100%” coverage came in the last waiting french region last November, for God’s sake. And even on those networks, they don’t keep the shows on air if they don’t reach their goal, just like yours do. Except that for us, and even if they bought the full license and there’s much less at stake because they don’t produce the shows, they can stop airing something that went already 3 seasons in the US, and they can do that 3 eps in if they want to. The first season of Glee aired a year ago on W9. They said “no S2 before at least 2012″ (WTF?!) and indeed, they were dead serious. They tried some reruns until last month and they took it off air because they weren’t pleased with the numbers. Basically, the only one that is pretty much up to date with Glee is OrangeTV, which is an ADSL channel. If your ISP is not Orange and/or you don’t pay for that channel, no Glee. And that was just a tiny example because pretty much everything is like that here. And even when they put a new episode on (and by that I mean “unaired” here), they usually put reruns as lead-out, and often they air some shows regardless of the chronology. Geez, they even used to cut some scenes out like a bathroom/legs shaving one in Brothers & Sisters or a few more in Lost (Sayid torturing some guy), we don’t even know why. Is that normal to you? And guess what? If the network that bought a show doesn’t greenlight the DVD sales, which they don’t when they hold seasons hostages in their boxes, we can’t even BUY THEM. As far as I’m concerned, and thanks to my multizones player, I often buy the DVDs in the US, imported. Because yours are usually better, cheaper even adding shipping fees (mostly), and I don’t have to wait for the season I want to buy to simply AIR here.

So yeah, I buy DVD sets like there’s no tomorrow. You have NO IDEA how much I spend in that “little area” of entertainment (because that’s right, I’m a scripted TV junkie, okay?). So, your and our respective networks/governments/whatever the frack is involved in that cyberwar…? They should be glad to have people like us watching your precious shows as “uninvited guests” but who are spending good money like any other devoted fans for their products (and merchandising, songs, books, collectibles and whatever the eff comes out from the universe of a show) instead of forbidding everything and flop all the way because it’s not with the help of their woooonderful partners in my country that your US networks will make their productions known and have success, therefore ratings, sales and, wait for it… money!

Maybe before we couldn’t do that but we’re in 2012 and times have changed. Deal with it. We are nasty thieves, boooooh… nasty thieves paying more than you for the same amount of episodes and usually less extras (if any) on a DVD set, but nasty thieves nonetheless. Creepy, uh?

Americans are not so picky when they reach out to us and want to lead online campaigns, petitions and so on. Wake up guys, there are a ton of other countries in the world. And I love America so much I have no word for it. But man, are some of you arrogant and patronizing. So stop lecturing us already, because even if we don’t count in ratings, a lot of us stay up until 2 or 3 AM, some even later in Eastern Europe, to watch something you don’t even bother to watch yourself at 8PM because you either don’t care or DVR it. Thanks.

Sincerely, a girl somewhere in this little part of the world called Europe.

• Melanie Yo says:

Well said, Monkeyrat, WELL SAID!!!

• Emily says:

Can’t help be respect this response. I absolutely hate it when people condemn without bothering to think about the possibility of even some validity to the other side.

• Another French says:

You’re so right! Canal + seems to be the exception, though. We don’t have to wait too long for them to air TV shows after they aired in the US and they try to produce shows of their own. But you have to suscribe and not everyone can afford it!

• Leonie1988 says:

I agree 100%! Well said.

• Ashley says:

I feel you Monkeyrat and I completely agree. And I’m American btw. I don’t see what the big deal is. Half these people bitching about it probably secretly do it themselves.

I don’t see why everyone shouldn’t be able to enjoy these TV shows, especially when even in the U.S. apparently the only peopel who matter are those with Nielson boxes. So ratings don’t even count for most people. What an archaic system. And half of the show websites offer the episodes online and I don’t see why people in other countries shouldn’t have access to the episoes as well. This will end up boosting DVD sales and since the ratings don’t count unless you’re a Nielson family I don’t see why anyone would have a problem with it as long as you aren’t sharing it or profiting off it somehow. Don’t people have better things to worry about?

• Troyenne says:

Tous dans la même galère :p

Perfect summary of the situation.

I think that there is a great niche for American TV if they internationalized their product and allowed everyone to watch them (get paid with ads or a subscription). Take my money, I would even pay to be able to watch those episodes effortlessly the day after they air.

You highlighted something important, I remember some TV channels getting the license for a show and broadcasting it years after, and sometimes never. We are obliged to wait for a show to air before the DVDs are on sale. About the producing point, it is true: because of a downtrend in audiences, M6 didn’t broadcast (yet?) Smallville for example.

• anneso says:

I totally agree and sometimes it’s completely crazy like they don’t air the episode in the right order. A network bought Private Pratice and kept it for years. they only aired the cross-overs with Grey’s anatomy. And then they sold the show to another network and they aired season 1 and 2 and part of season 3 in june 2011. That’s a bit not fair for the viewers.
          We can find some tv shows on tv on demand but it’s really expensive around 7$ per episodes for 48h that is not fair too!
          So I’m bored that they use us for our money and don’t provide great service and I watch the shows whenever I want!

• Sg.Grant says:

You could have a Slingbox put somewhere in the US. Thought torrents are much cheaper. :)

• Nikola says:

Sadly I have to agree. There is just no way for me to wait 2 years to see shows I love in my local TV with dubed sound.

• timotey says:

Where I live, for example Stargate Atlantis didn’t start airing until a year after it was ~canceled~ in the US! If the US shows were available on DVD right after they finished airing for the season – like UK shows are, see Sherlock! – and if the EU didn’t slap huge VAT and customs on merchandise over €22 incl. shipping from outside the EU… Yeah. I do buy my shows on DVD. All of those I love. But I have to wait for them to be available in R2 or for Amazon US to have a huge discount. That’s global economy for you.

11. Daniela says:

Poor Giovanni … hope you were just making fun, Mr. Ausiello. Otherwise, not cool! :/

• koda says:

Don’t worry. Even if he wasn’t making fun, italian authorities won’t give a rat’s ass about an IP address from Ausiello.

• Saul says:

Too bad Ausiello didn’t give the IP to the FBI, would have Mr. Johnny been extradited? :D

• mike says:

no. FBI only goes after uploaders (the people that facilitate putting content on the web). I’ve never heard of them doing anything about downloaders.

• Jules says:

Actually the authorities have gone after a lot of people who illegally download online content. Now,,,,would they go after one lowly little person like Giovanni if he were in the u.s. or the Italian authorities turned him over? Probably not in this case. But I love all of the idiots on here justifying their illegal behavior. Do you all think any judge would care about your little sob story that you can’t watch Gossip girl in France so that’s why you broke the law?

• lizzie says:

i think the point is more that its a stupid law which would be unnecessary if the TV networks got their act together even if everyone outside the US still had to wait a month or 2 for the new series but 6months a year, two years is just ridiculous! Its annoying enough waiting for a new season to air without knowing its already finished over here in the US! Surely if the release dates were closer across the globe the networks could charge more for the series anyway!
            we get BBC series ie. downton really soon after they start in the UK, why should they have to wait for our shows, which lets face it often aren’t nearly as good!

• Ari says:

Aus had some good zingers in this column. I’ve been reading for years and never laughed at the attempts at humor but I lol’d twice with this one. First with Giovanni’s comment and then with “Oh, Esaul, it isn’t a competition! But, if you must know, there’s a simple mathematical formula I use to calculate my weekly TV viewing: Take however many hours you watch, add one hour, and boom — that’s how many I watch.”

12. Angel says:

Yeah for Emma and the stranger (it was my question, so happy for this answer)

But really sad for Alicia and Will =(

13. luvi56 says:

blair finding out dan wrote the vows excited dair to dare.

14. Angela says:

Okay, the people on Criminal Minds do know that not all fans want team ships, and not all fans like triangles, right? It seems a pretty big boast to say fans are going to love it. An impossible boast to keep. Those fans who do want Morgan and Garcia together won’t love it if nothing comes of it. Those who don’t like Kevin won’t love it if it ends with Garcia with him. And, those fans, such as myself who both like Kevin and want them to stick to their no intra-team pairing rule won’t love it if Garcia breaks up with Kevin or they suggest a Morgan and Garcia pairing will ever be a possibility. So, any chance of a clarification of which fans are going to love it? It can’t be fandom as a whole. Too many contradicting possibilities.

• Michael says:

I so agree

• jennrae says:

I, for one, don’t watch police procedurals to see the agents hook up. Specifically Criminal Minds, since they go pretty dark on that show, including traumatic sexual exploitation of children. I find the Morgan-Garcia flirtation revolting and annoying as it is, so for any relationship on the show to progress beyond innocent flirting is in bad taste for me. I think back to that episode where the little brother and sister were kidnapped while camping and locked in a cage, while the little boy was led away to be raped, and to juxtapose that with Hotch and Prentice or Morgan and Garcia making goo-goo eyes at each other? It turns my stomach. What’s wrong with loving each other as friends and colleagues?

• Jennifer says:

I’m really hoping it doesn’t mean that either Garcia calls out Morgan’s name at the wrong time or has a “dream” about him. Yeah, that means exactly what it sounds like it means. Both would be way ickier then any case they are working on.

15. Eli says:

To the people who think Ausiello really “alerted the Italian authorities”, you can rest easy. Ofcourse that wasn’t serious, its not like they would actually do anything with the information.

Having said that, really lame jokes Mr. Ausiello, both this one and the one about how many hours of tv you watch. You lost some cool points with me today :(

Also, like others have stated, for us who live in Europe, we often don’t see shows until much later and some shows, like American Idol for example, we will never get the chance to see unless we download it.

• Curt says:

I’ll never have the chance to drive a Porsche unless I steal one. Does that make it OK for me to steal it?

• koda says:

Not the same thing. You do have a chance to drive a Porsche, you can buy it. I live in Italy and if I wanted to see American Idol, the only way to do that would be to download it.

• Brandon says:

People like you are the problem.

• Ana says:

It boils down to whether or not you are a person willing to justify stealing. There’s always a choice. If downloading illegally is the only way to watch a show you have the option of watching something you get legally on television instead.

• Rebecca says:

It’s not stealing anyway, it’s copyright infringement. Stealing means the other party is denied access which is clearly not the case

• Ashley says:

Pretty high and mighty. Let me tell you, as an American who lived in Germany for two years, I can understand why people outside of the country download shows. There was nothing for me to watch there. Besides movies rented and seen in a theater, I went two years without good television and the even the movies released there are about 6 months behind. It sucks, and until you’re in that situation you’re not in position to judge. Besides, it’s not stealing. You aren’t taking it from anyone and preventing their use of it or using it to profit off of. And like has been mentioned numerous times, it only matters if it’s music or movies, not TV shows.

TV show ratings are only affected by Nielson viewers. Anyone outside the U.S. doesn’t matter. And most TV show creators are well aware that their shows are watched and downloaded outside of the U.S. And newsflash: They DONT GIVE A CRAP. In fact, why do you think Gossip Girl has stayed on the air so long? The ratings are dismal, but it has a huge fanbase overseas. HUGE. And these fans that watch and download online buy the DVDs. This boosts the sales of the DVDS, it doesn’t hurt them. True Blood is another example of a show that’s way behind overseas but people download them and the TB people are well aware. So please, don’t act like this is hurting anybody.

• Andy says:

It saddens me that you would commit a crime so you can illegally watch American Idol.

• dee says:

What a pathetic & idiotic analogy.

• Melanie Yo says:

Well, I can’t wait for the company you work for to send you overseas, and for you to realize that you cannot carry on watching all your favorite shows because you are in a different country. I would THEN like to see you stay on your high horse and not stream anything, and THEN your opinion would matter in this conversation.
        PS The Daily Show is smart—they have their show up on the webby web right after it airs. In some countries, there are ads before each segment, in others there aren’t, but the show is still available everywhere with an internet connection. So even troops in Iraq can watch it without streaming off illegal sites. Now that’s what I call a smart business strategy.

• Lyle says:

I love the fact that the people saying it’s not okay to watch online are called Brandon and Curt. People who obviously don’t have this problem.

16. Saint Alicia says:

Thanks for TGW scoop! But isn’t there another kiss coming up between Cary and Kalinda (from the mid-season promo it sure looked like it)?
    Also, Messer is breaking my heart, I feel like she has “stolen” the Hotch/Prentiss relationship from viewers and filled the void with this stalker/psuedo-girlfriend. :(
    And “…the much discussed and highly anticipated 11th episode of House,” if there ever was a planted question…

• jenna says:

Hotch/Prentiss never existed.

• Saint Alicia says:

Nah, and I’m pretty sure they’re meant for each other. ^___^
        Also it sounds like Messer agrees: “We didn’t go the Prentiss route right now because she’s not ready; she has a lot of healing to do. I know a lot of people out there want those two together, and it’s not to say it will never happen, because in many ways trusting one another and being there for each other in the field when it counts speaks volumes about relationships. But for right now, they’re not ready for each other.”

She could be (and very likely is) talking out of her a$s, but even so, that’s quite a yarn to spin (just to appease people) and now that she’s put it out there I won’t let her forget it.
        ಠ_ಠ
        “But for right now, they’re not ready for each other.”

• KLE says:

Get over it Alicia. H/P exists in your fanfiction. Leave it at that. Even the actors were uncomfortable with H/P crazies bombarding them with notions.

• Saint Alicia says:

Yeah, I wonder how so many viewers came to this conclusion; it’s not like we could be reacting to something onscreen…
            “You know, when Hotch was blown up in the SUV, we shot this scene where he’s in the hospital and I’m standing next to him, looking at his bleeding ear. Our director came in and said, “Paget, you’re looking at Hotch like you’re in love with him. It looks really weird.” So now, every day, Thomas [Gibson] and I flutter our eyelids at each other.” – Paget Brewster TVG interview 2009
            Couldn’t have anything to do with the way the characters are acted…

• Beate says:

The best thing for the show would be if they never explicitly stated what happens with Hotch and Prentiss, even in the finale. I really don’t want to see any romance within the team, but if it’s well written, an open end to that story could be acceptable for everyone. As for the spoiler on Morgan/Garcia/Kevin: I like Kevin and hope they will never put Garcia together with Morgan. Let them be just friends, because their friendship is much more unique than making them just another lovestruck TV couple.

• Spencer_Reid says:

I believe Kevin and Garcia make up by the end of the episode. The hair stylist on Criminal Minds posted a picture on twitter a while back when they were filming episode 7×13, and Kevin was standing outside of Garcia’s apartment, as she was opening the door. I think Garcia and Morgan flirt a little more then usual. Also, about the Hotch/Prentiss thing, on season 3, on the episode “Damaged” they stressed the point very much about no inter team romances. Just because Erica said “for right now” doesn’t mean that in the near future they are going to put them together. Just in a very recent interview, she said Beth will be sticking around *Yak*. I am not happy about Beth, but I can say a lot of fans would be unhappy with a Hotch/Prentiss romance too. I personally think NO inter team romances at all. Criminal Minds has stressed that in the past, and I appreciate them doing that because it is a good idea. Nothing ruins a show like a lame main character romance.

17. Cic says:

Once Upon a Time – Mystery Motorcycle Man must be a Grimm – an original storyteller, since Henry didn’t recognize him, he’s obviously not in the book and being able to come and go as he pleases fits perfect with a writer.

18. Kate says:

I bet it’s gonna be something Goergina related, like that she’s Chuck’s sister (and Diana’s daughter?) Idk, but I’m definitely curious now. And I really hope next week has lots of DAIR. :)

• Ok EW says:

Ok if Georgine is Chuck’s sister then that is a major ew! They slept together before! I think Chuck said he lost his virginity to her! Incest is apparently in these days though so who knows, maybe GG is trying to go the Dexter route. I’d rather have Chuck be a serial killer than an incestuous brother to Georgina.

• Nicole says:

The most outrageous Georgina related twist that I can think of is that Louis is actually Milo’s father and/or she’s been having an affair with Louis and is pregnant again. Or she has proof of Louis having an affair.

Or Milo is revealed to actually be Dan’s kid afterall (DNA Lab made a mistake) which is the roadblock for him and Blair just as she’s free from Louis (because of course she dumps him at the altar).

19. A says:

In regards to Gossip Girl, the jaw dropper is that Nate begins seeing the real Charlie and that’s how we resolve the Ivy/Charlie storyline.

20. Lines says:

I want so much chuck and blair as a couple. I will never show GG if she falls in love with dan. I don’t like him since the beginning. I respect dair’s fans. But as far as i am concerned, I think he ‘s annoying and he loves every girl in show. But, it’s just my opinion.

21. Lisa says:

Thank you for the David/Mary scoop!

22. Nat says:

1.supernatural’s future uncertain ? shows how much sera gamble knows about her own show..
    2.you all people out there who want supernatural to end? go watch something else and quit putting words in our mouth. not all of us are delusional that we don’t care about a show anymore,but yet again you’re still here commenting …

23. P says:

Emma and The Stranger? Gag! Can he just leave already? I’m sorry but I’m not shipping Emma with anyone but Graham even if he is dead. Logic be darned, I’m still convinced they’ll be end game back in Fairytale land at the end of the series.

24. AngelMoonGirl says:

Bones and OUAT scoop, yay!
    BOOTH DELIVERS, DOESN’T HE!?? *is excited*

25. lacey says:

“They inform each other’s lives in enormous ways.”
    Please tell me that inform is a typo and that Craig didn’t really say that.

26. heidi says:

Giovanni, siamo tutti con te!

27. sara says:

LOL

28. Rae says:

My first thought with the Emma/Stranger OAUT scoop= HE WROTE HENRY’S BOOK!!

29. legal says:

Fuuny reading all those comments about illegal downloading for me it’s still legal to download as it is only a digital copy. Not much more as when you used to make a copy of a cd on tape or on vhs and you know you all did that only this is the new version. Plus i pay for my tv and radio supscription so i still pay for my shows only I take them from the internet

30. Rolling My Eyes says:

Ausiello is clearly starting to think he’s far more important than he actually is. Stop trying to be funny, dude. You’re not funny.

31. lluvia says:

While the renewal is not yet official, I think that it’s hilarious that while some of Jensen Ackles’ fans want him to move on from Supernatural, he seems to be content to stay put, since I’m pretty sure he’s contracted through season eight. So there’s a strong possibility Dean Winchester will be back on TV screens in the fall.

32. Emma says:

Crazy how some countries doesnt understand the value in airing and buying series right away.. They really stepped up their game here in Sweden a few years ago. Desperate H and Greys airs just a few days after US airings and we already have Grimm and OUAT here 2. They get alot of viewers doing that!

• Melanie Yo says:

i agree! for some countries it’s a money issue probably, as shows become cheaper the older they get. But it would make more money in the long run. they should really do that

• josie says:

In Denmark They are normally pretty good about Bones, this year they started airing episode 1 of season 7 when episode 3 or 4 had just aired in U.S. I think the same goes for the mentalist, which I think they are also pretty far along with in DK and NCSI. And they tookup Pan Am really fast as well… TV3 in DK are prett good regarding tv shows as far as I know… Grey’s which air on Kanal 4 however is a mess. they takes way to long breaks and the split upthe seasons in the worst mess ever seen…

• Ines says:

In Portugal popular shows like House or Grey’s Anatomy or Glee air about 3/4 months after they began in the USA but that only happens in the pay channels. Public channels take a lot more time, some just buy one show per season. Unfortunately if you like smaller shows like Chuck or Supernatural you might have to wait years (it is currently on Chuck’s 3rd season and Supernatural on 5th season).
      The delay is normally because they put subtitles and they prefer to air the show without breaks.
      However, I must point that on Lost’s last season, Fox would air the episode the day after it aired on the USA and there was still downloads.

33. Carmichael says:

You know, this is going to be my last chance to say something I’ve been meaning to, but it really bugs me that an apparently major character in Gossip Girl is named Chuck, when I skim I see the name and get excited for half a second before I realize it’s not talking about Bartowski. Here’s hoping we get glimpses of Jill, Lou, and Hannah in the finale. At least give us Jill. Please? PLEASE!

34. Kat says:

So Will and Alicia were just a meaningless romp, then? Okay, fine by me. But the fact that the sex was good doesn’t make what happened any more significant than it was.

• lipsticksocialism says:

That’s not what King said. Take off your spoilt child glasses. I love Will & Alicia, but they didn’t break up because what they had was meaningless. Didn’t you see Alicia crying when she left Will’s office? Didn’t you see Will’s reaction when he saw the Florrick’s together after Grace returned? It’s called REALITY.

35. Kyle Kowalski says:

Uhhh Mark Pellegrino wasn’t in the pilot…he was in season 2. I don’t want to be one of those people….but I kinda have to….cause it’s chuck…

36. Hojana says:

Shred the chair, totally killing this show. Each episode that is centered around Chair is a slow death for Gossip Girl.

• Marie says:

Yes, Chair is totally killing GG. That’s why Chuck and Blair trends all the time on Twitter (Fix Chuck and Blair trended during all of the lastest episode) and why most of the fanbase, not to mention all the actors, love them together.

In your little Dair world I’m sure you think they’re the most popular couple but I hardly see Dair fans except for trolls. There’s a reason Chair wins all the polls. Dair may be the fad of the moment with some TV reviewers but it will pass.

• Laur says:

As a long time GG watcher and Chair fan, I don’t disagree that Chair is creating a slow decline for the show. I was a huge Chair fan for years but I can’t help but notice that they have written Chuck into a corner. They have made him less redeemable as a character, let alone one worthy of Blair (not that Blair hasn’t done awful things in her own right). My point is, just because someone doesn’t like Chair together anymore, doesn’t mean they automatically are huge Dair fans. Some people, like myself, have grown indifferent and are just interested to see what turns this ridiculous (but still a favorite of mine) show will take next.

37. Prune says:

I bet Georginia is Gossip Girl, I know she’s in and out and all over the place, but if it was maybe her and someone else, it actualy kind of makes since, plus didn’t she have the nick-name “GG” aka Gossip Girl, and the title of episode 100. Just a theory.

38. Aiden says:

I cannot believe I just finished reading the final CHUCK Ask Ausiello scoop. Wow. That’s how I first got introduced to this column. What an emotional farewell CHUCK week.. Thanks for making it count, Michael. And thanks for the 5 years. :)
    P.S. the fact that it was a semi-LOST-related scoop just reminds me of why I love this nerdy show.

39. em says:

Hmm…ginormous revelation has Georgina written all over it. I’m totally shipping the Stranger and Emma already, too. I just hope he’s relevant enough to stay a little longer than Graham did. And I still can’t believe Chuck is ending! It seems like they’re paying homage to the fans by bringing in things from the premiere. I cried during the finale of Gilmore Girls and I’m pretty sure I’ll do the same for Chuck on Friday.

• Leonie1988 says:

I cried at the GG ed as well, that was so sad. But I’m watching Parenthood now to get my weakly Lauren Graham fix :D

40. Daybreak says:

OMG Morgan and Garcia <3<3<3

41. Fates3 says:

Thank you so much for the Supernatural Renewal answer, Ausiello!!! I am soooooo hoping that you have some “inside” information that is making you feel positive enough to move it to a “A Sure Thing!!!” I soooooo want another season of Dean Winchester on my screen, and it sure would be an awesome birthday gift for the birthday boy’s special day today ;-)

42. K. says:

I would venture a guess that the GG twist will have something to do with either Georgina or the real Charlie. But I’m hoping it will have something to do with Dan/Blair. Dare to Dair, GG writers!

43. Lucy says:

Thanks for TGW spoilers.
    But I have to say that as for Cary The Good Wife writers are really disappointing me this year. I don’t know how we could be able to get what are Cary’s feelings since he hardly has a storyline or screentime now. And that’s odd because this year writers had really plenty of chances to give him a bigger role with this Will’s investigation. But even so they managed to marginalize his character AGAIN and giving us Dana. Bad move and no excuses this time.
    I don’t even know what Robert Kings is talking about when he says that Cary feels hurt by the fact that Kalinda pushed for something to happen and then pulled back. When did all this happen? Off-screen? Or maybe he’s talking about future episodes…I don’t have a clue.

44. Kingship says:

I can’t believe there are some idi… um persons who condemn TV shows downloading. Not to mention compare it with stealing a Porsche LOL How is that any of your concern? It doesn’t affect the Nielden ratings and cancel/renewal decisions. It doesn’t even affect the corporations’ gains as it is irrelevant to the sales of the shows. Foreign TV stations either buy a certain show, or they don’t. And that decision has absolutely nothing to do with “illegal” downloading. It’s really pathetic to see people talking down to fellow TV fans without any reason.

45. Ciara says:

Goodybye, Chuck. Thank you for the final scoop. I’m going to go cry now.

46. Paz says:

I’m probably in minority here but even if I really love Cary and Kalinda dynamics I’m more interested in Cary’s development as character than in his relationship with Kalinda. I’m still wondering why they are wasting so much time with Dana when they could have shown us how Cary’s attitude and life is changing now that he’s a DA and how he’s handling all this Will’s investigation thing. I’d really like to know what exactly Cary’s feeling but I think there were really few oportunities to see what Robert King is talking about. So I’m more worry about the lack of writing for Cary than about the boat’s sailing.
    And don’t get me wrong I love Cary and Kalinda flirting relationship in season 2 and I’d would be totally ok with them being a couple (a not conventional one) but I think main thing writers should be worry about is how to finally give Cary his own storyline and then someone who “really” gives a damn about him.

47. Jason says:

Oh, Sera Gamble, you slay me! You too, Ausiello. Can’t ya just see the headlines now:

“CW Cancels Current People’s Choice Winner for Favorite TV Drama”

Now, if you can’t imagine that happening, then why is Supernatural’s return even in QUESTION in your little minds? Kids, I’m tellin’ ya, this is not even open to discussion.

• Jason says:

Oh, not to mention Supernatural was also voted the #1 Drama of 2011 by E!Online.

Guys, if you want to worry about something, choose a topic or show that’s actually on the bubble. Supernatural is not now, nor will it ever be.

48. MGL says:

I think The Good Wife producers are making a mistake. Whether anyone likes it or not, people (or women in particular) like romance; and I believe there has to be some touch of it in a show like The Good Wife to keep the viewers attention. It’s a show with not that many younger viewers and up against Desperate Housewives. No matter how interesting the court cases are, and they are well done, without some romance or the “will they or won’t they” to tie the viewers in, some viewers may not stick around. Building the characters is great, but keep some spark to make the rest turn in each week!

49. Kristie says:

theory: the baby was chucks or dans and I think nate’s secretary at the spectator is Gossip Girl.