White Collar Exclusive First Look: Neal Goes to the Head of the Class!

Trust us: After this Tuesday’s White Collar (USA Network, 10/9c), you’ll definitely be hot for teacher.

To figure out who’s siphoning scholarship funds from an uber rich Manhattan prep school, Neal (Matt Bomer) poses as a substitute English instructor, and we’ve got an exclusive sneak peek at the con man’s journey to the head of the class!

“[It's] quintessential White Collar where, sure, there’s some danger, but it’s switching roles and playing parts,” explains Tim DeKay, who portrays FBI Agent Peter Burke. “I love those episodes because they’re fun.”

But this particular outing came with its own special set of challenges, especially for Bomer. Recalls the actor, “I’ll never forget the phone call that I got from our director at 9 or 10 on Sunday night going, ‘Can you memorize a Byron poem in verse for tomorrow? It’s just 16 lines. It’s just a few stanzas. And we’ll just be doing it tomorrow at about 7 am.’

“When else am I going to have a job where I get that call on a Sunday night?” Bomer marvels. “It was a blast.”

Press play below for a preview of Neal, er… Mr. Caffrey, in action!

Loading video...

Comments (31)

• I think you mean siphoning (draining) instead of ciphering in the second paragraph.

Comment by Chris – January 23, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are correct. Fixing now. Thanks!

Comment by Vlada Gelman – January 23, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish my teachers had looked like that. Can’t wait for the episode.

Comment by Linda – January 23, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree. I probably never would have gotten any work done though.

Comment by Rachel – January 23, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m now in a White Collar induced dream of Matt Bomer coming to teach at my school!

Comment by Shannon – January 23, 2012 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does Sara return?

Comment by Nina – January 23, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Bomer speaking poetry? This show is shameless.

But, I love it. Sigh. Can Matt Bomer get any better?

Comment by Mindy – January 23, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might have paid more attention in class if my teachers looked like Matt Bomer…

Comment by Alex – January 23, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I, for once, would have paid no attention at all to the subject matter…

Comment by tarc – January 23, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish my Lit Professor this semester looked like Matt Bomer. Sigh…

Comment by Michele – January 23, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I afraid I would fail my class if my teacher is anything like Neal Caffery because I would be daydreaming instead of paying attention and studying.

Comment by lily – January 23, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would attend his class any day….. wish my teachers were as good looking as him!

Comment by YEAH! – January 23, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Episode 14, as far as I know! I wish it were sooner. :(

Comment by Jane – January 23, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for tomorrow’s episode.

Come on Peter, testify in Neal’s favor. Let him get his ankle monitor off.

Comment by Emgee – January 23, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta love Neal offering advice to the kid :-)

And where do I sign up for extra tutoring with Mr. Cooper???

Comment by CJ – January 23, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal coaching the little kid on how to run a con is beyond adorable. Matt has great chemistry with kids (and, well, most everyone).

Comment by SG – January 24, 2012 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oops! Previous comment about episode 14 was supposed to be in reply to when Sara is coming back. Miss her dearly and her chemistry with Neal is off the charts!

Comment by Jane – January 24, 2012 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually had a class in high school with Matt Bomer, and he was plenty distracting back then, too.

Comment by slipperyslope – January 24, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I watch it online somewhere? I’m talking about watching it at the same time while it’s on TV.

Comment by Arman – January 24, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Ezra Fitz and Neal Caffrey should have a hot teacher-off. Or co-teach a seminar on hotness. Or just be in the same room with one another. Just for like a minute. Is that too much to ask for?

Comment by Tine – January 24, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA-Network, is fast becoming the only net-work to watch. They have certainly got a monoplay on the talent, and are rapidly gaining the most viewers. You just keep doing what your doing USA-Network, cause you are number one.

Comment by Dorothy Meakins – January 24, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol, Peter is going to kill you, Neal!

Comment by Caro – January 24, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Matt Bomer had been my teacher, my life would be so different. I would’ve never paid attention in classes but would be able to notice every facet of the blue in his eyes.

Comment by Tinemi – January 24, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post