Vampire Diaries Hot Shots: Elijah Is Back and Kicking Some Serious Salvatore Brother Butt!

Elijah is finally back on The Vampire Diaries, and in the next new installment of the CW saga (airing Thursday, Feb. 2), he is once again wreaking his special brand of havoc on Mystic Falls.

We’re not entirely sure what his motives are — or if he’s just pretending to be on the side of his misguided baby bro, Klaus — but based on the following first look photos from the episode “Bringing Out the Dead,” Elijah is most certainly causing a ruckus for his former allies, Stefan and Damon.

Vampire Diaries Hot Shots: Klaus and Caroline Get Close, Stefan Sweeps Elena Off Her Feet!

See how charged things get between the quartet in the photos below, and then hit the comments with your inevitable “Welcome back, Elijah” well wishes!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Jaime Katz says:

Damon, Stefan, Klaus, AND Elijah?!?! There’s so much hotness in this photo gallery, I almost cannot contain myself.

2. Ari says:

Just seeing that picture of Elijah on the homepage made me shout, “ELIJAH’S BACK!!!! AND HE’S EVEN MORE BADASS!” Looking forward to this ep!

• Ari says:

Now that I’ve looked through the pictures, I want to add, “ELIJAH IS BACK! AND HOTTER THAN EVER!!!!!” He’s so dapper.

• Ari says:

Last comment, I promise. I think he and Klaus look a lot alike in these pictures. Well done casting department, I would believe they are half-brothers. I never really noticed it before but in these pictures, with them side by side I can really see the similarities. It looks like pouty Klaus is back too.

3. Lena says:

HOTNESS OVERLOAD! Damon’s looked nice red for a change. Elijah’s new hair style makes him even hotter- if that’s possible…

• Emily says:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I wonder if his haircut was written in… one doesn’t get to the salon much when lying daggered in a coffin.

4. Mary says:

Is it bad when your routing for Elijah and Klaus rather than Stefan and Damon, the stars of the show. Although I will route for Damon too. Stefan has lost all his apeal!!!! I havn’t really liked him since season 1.

5. M13 says:

Elijah is supposed to be “the moral one”–according to Rebekah. We’ll see.

• Tarc says:

Elijah is vastly more interesting (and potentially long appearing) character than Klaus. Neither the actor not the role as written does it for me as a Big Bad. If you are going to haul out the baddest vampire of them all, Klaus is absolutely, unequivocally not it. Elijah, OTOH, is much more complex and believable as someone that old.

• Alex says:

I couldn’t agree more. He seems like someone who has lived through a 1000 years through older more conservative and harder times. He’s got old school manners and mannerisms. Klaus reminds me of a teenager that’s desperately trying to fit in – which technically is his character in his desire not to be alone but he lacks the grace of someone who was ‘educated’ so to speak of past eras.

6. K. says:

THANK GOD. Ellijah is the superior original vampire tbh.

7. B says:

What happened to Elijah’s hair?!

8. Arabella says:

LOVING Elijah’s care! Whew Klaus is looking pretty good too. Watch out Salvatore’s!!!! Seriously these Originals need a spinoff!!!!

• Jackie says:

Haha you mean hair? Guessing autocorrect? But I totally agree with you … E and K are looking fine!!

• Isabelle says:

YEs I’ve been saying that for awhile now, i dont want to lose the originals, we’re not supposed to like them but all 3 of them have sucked me in and root for them.

9. Amelie says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t find Klaus or Elijah hot?
    Don’t hate me guys!

10. Alex says:

Elijah feeling Damon’s boobs is super hot!

11. Ashley H. says:

I love it that Elijah is back! When I saw that it was him that killed the hybrid, I actually screamed. I scared everyone in the house. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

12. Isabelle says:

In the 7th photo Stefan’s butt looks amazing. I like him like this, more monster than human, he’s very driven and I hope they dont make him wimpy again, some balance yes but now wimpy.
    I’m so happy Elijah is back, he is my #1 favorite, he enthralls me, makes u watch and hang on to his words.

13. em says:

Thank goodness the long wait is over. To be honest, I love Elijah just as much as the main characters.

14. David says:

Elijah zomg! Crush <3

15. cannot.wait.until.thursday. Elijah does really look like he’s back with Klaus, shame.

16. Alice says:

I so want the Originals to have a spinoff. Then I wouldn’t have to fast-forward through the horror of Elena. (I wouldn’t mind having Katherine in the spinoff though, I still love Nina as an actress.)

17. Max says:

They really need to keep him now, but I’m afraid cause I didn’t see him on the promo pics for Dangerous Liasons…

• tigersmurfette says:

those promo pics were released BEFORE the reveal of elijah’s return was aired, so of course he wasnt in them. doesnt mean anything toward if hes in the show or not.

18. I was so happy at the end of last week’s episode. Elijah is awesome. I’d love for them to keep him around for a while – I honestly think Klaus is getting boring. I can’t see why Elijah would want to help Klaus after being back-stabbed by him, though.

19. sarah says:

I really hope Elijah and Stefan made a deal when he took out the dagger and that Elijah is pretending to be with Klaus BUT is really on Team Salvatore and will take Klaus down, otherwise it was a bad idea on Stefan’s part

20. gisele says:

damn elijah looks fine add him to a damon stefan and klaus threesome and we are in for a good time

21. spreidy856 says:

I’m glad to see the return of Elijah. His approach is much more
    subtle than Klaus’-like he could stab you in the back & smile at
    you the whole time[or rip your heart out as he’s done before].
    One thing to consider: I think the writers could make Elijah redeemable since he too might want to-not kill so much- but
    entomb Klaus after knowing that Klaus killed their mother. After all
    a couple eps ago at the end, Klaus re-daggered his sister Rebekah when Elena told him she knew what he had done. Yet to add an element of suspense/surprise, Elijah may have an agenda all his own & may want Stefan & Damon’s help to accomplish it. He may even covet

22. VDcrazy111 says:

I love how Elijah is always wearing a suit but klaus wears funky hipster clothes :D