How I Met Your Mother Hot Shots: Barney Meets His Match in Becki Newton

Sorry, Barney and Robin fans. We’ve got a handful of photos featuring the How I Met Your Mother bachelor and the newest lady to catch his eye, Ugly Betty alum Becki Newton, and they do make a rather smashing couple.

As we first reported, Newton’s Quinn will serve as a potential love interest for Barney. But it won’t be love at first sight. “She’s not going to take any s— from Barney,” executive producer Carter Bays teased to TVLine. “This girl is going to kind of beat up on him a little bit. It will be an even match.”

How I Met Your Mother Bosses Open to Extending & Renaming Series After Mother Reveal

And based on the following images from Newton’s Feb. 13 debut, “The Drunk Train” (airing at 8/7c), the two don’t waste any time.

Check out the gallery and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements!

1. Arlo says:

Im so excited to see Becki Newton on HIMYM!!!!!!!!

2. Nathalie says:

Sorry, but I hate Quinn already. Get out of the way, Robin and Barney need to get back together!

• Amanda says:

Sorry about your butthurt, but she’s awesome

• ana muller says:

don’t really hate her… but probably will. I really want Robin to be the bride in the finale!

• lacey says:

I love Barney and Robin and definately want them back together but she chose Kevin over Barney. So I hope Quinn sticks around just so Robin can kick herself in the butt for letting Barney go and being an idiot. Also, since I can’t forget Barney cleaning up rose petals I want Robin to beg.

• Ari says:

Me too. I read a while back that Quinn is “the female Barney” and that is just ridiculous. Robin is the female Barney. That’s why they are so good together. I also agree with Lacey though. When Robin chose boring Kevin over Barney she lost my respect at least for a little while. Barney was ready to commit! How rare is that? As much as i’m sure i’ll hate Quinn. I also kind of hate Robin right now.

3. nonabgo says:

Anything to keep Barney far far away from Robin. They were the worst couple on TV.

• Karen says:

Agreed they suck!

• sophia says:

So true. Since they (and us) already realized long time ago that they can’t stay together cause of their awsomeness, ego, blah blah blah.. WHY ON EARTH would they (characters AND creators) want to go down that road again??? And why should we also suffer that horrible couple again and again? Please creators,just keep them apart, the last thing we need is another Ross-Rachel couple!

4. Amy says:

I like Becki Newton but don’t want her around Barney for too long. Barney and Robin belong together. I guess Quinn is sort of the opposite of Nora, and Barney needed to experience both extremes to realise that Robin is the perfect middle ground. Also, Barney probably does deserve a dose of his own medicine and it seems like that’s what he is gonna get with Quinn…

5. Rebecca Parker says:

Love Becki Newton and think she’ll fit right in!

I hope the Robin/Barney ‘shippers don’t hate her on sight, like Nathalie above. They should give her a chance, because the actress is awesome and she is the best casting I’ve seen yet on this show.

• paula says:

So true, It seems like a great sorty line for Barney amd she is hilarious.

• sophia says:

Well, her character in Ugly Betty already proves that even if Quinn is a total bitch we’ll just love her! Well,she’ll have to show a good face eventually to *actually* love her, but still. And to people who keep comparing her to Zoey: Becki couldn’t be as invidious as Zoey even if she tried.

6. paula says:

I really liked Barney and Robin, but the problem is that I really want Barney to be a Dad, and Robin is not going to be a mom, just a cool and. So I prefer him and hr with somebody else.

7. Sg.Grant says:

Even though Barney and Newton are going to get together, we will still see that Robin is the bride in the season finale. That will give them something to do next season, dealing with how that all happens.

• Nerwen Aldarion says:

I’m not convinced Robin IS the bride. Remember Lily came in to say that the bride wanted to talk to Barney, that doesn’t sound good. My theory is the bride is NOT Robin, the bride becomes a runaway bride. Maybe Robin marries Barney and the wedding goes on, maybe not. I haven’t found anything that says the wedding/marriage of Barney actually takes place, if I’ve missed it then I hope someone corrects me.

8. april-ann says:

Didn’t Barney get back with Nora at the beginning of this season? I admit I haven’t watched alot since then and after last week’s stinker I probably still won’t watch regularly. Love Becki Newton though!

9. K. says:

Still mourning the loss of Ugly Betty. :(

10. Ron Swanson says:

I’m going to go ahead and call it now…… Quinn will end up being the “mother”. After her fling with Barney goes south, she will find a connection with Ted. At least I hope this is the way that it turns out.

• anony says:

Barney meets her on a double date with Ted… meaning, Ted will meet her that night, NOT at Barney’s wedding. Ergo, not the mother.

11. Not a huge fan of bringing on yet another love interest (Barney already dated Nora this season), but admittedly Quinn looks fun, and after Robin rejected Barney, I can see where he’d be inclined to move on a bit. However, I’m still pretty sure that Barney and Robin will get back together.

12. Kay says:

LOVE Becki Newton. Fabulous actress, more than a match for the equally-awesome NPH. Robin has increasingly become lamer each season, and does not deserve Barney. At least, not now. Can’t wait to see Quinn’s first episode!

• sophia says:

Couldn’t agree more..! Robin has become sooo lame this season, and she just gets worse and worse in every episode, doesn’t slightly remind the Robin she once was. And by lame I mean appearance AND character. Bring on Becki, at least she’ll be gorgeous and hilarious, just what Barney deserves -at least for now!!

13. Kiir says:

I don’t really care who Barney dates tbh. NPH is half naked in this episode and that is all I care about! ;-)

14. Clara says:

Looking farward to the first episode with Quinn and I already love her!! Barney and Robin were the worst and most exhausting couple on TV!

15. sophia says:

Agreed. Barney and Quinn make such a cute couple, while Robin gets more and more ..”manish”? Either way, B and R are terrible together.( btw new makeup artist and stylist needed for Robin ASAP!)