Hart of Dixie Boss on Zoe's (Blue)Belle Moment, Wade's Excellent Adventure and a Finale Wedding

Hart of Dixie resumes its freshman run this Monday at 9/8c with what Dr. Zoe Hart would diagnose as a hellacious bout of Bluebell Belle-ism (see the photo at right). And that’s only the beginning!

Showrunner Leila Gerstein tells TVLine there are major twists ahead on the CW charmer, including more opportunities to engage in that timeless Team Wade/Team George debate and a big, season-ending wedding.

Hart of Dixie Hot Shots: Zoe’s Dance Date Is…

ANTI-BELLE OF THE BALL | Turns out the fish-out-of-water doc was actually born into a spot in the town’s costumed crew — who’dve thunk? “This week, Zoe discovers that she is a belle by lineage because of [her father] Harley’s family,” Gerstein teases with a laugh. “She goes through the initial rituals, and obviously Lemon has to haze her. It’s really fun.”

‘SHIPPER SCOOP | Let the record show that Gerstein is not shy about her affection for the pairing of one Bluebell badboy and his unrequited crush. “I love Wade and Zoe!” she proclaims. That said, “The fun of the show is that you’re not supposed to be for any particular pairing. There are some viable reasons for Team George and some viable reasons for Team Wade, and it fluctuates from moment to moment.” So, what she’s saying is that Wade and Zoe are soulmates… right? We kid, but a TVLine editor can dream.

TEAM WEMON | More Wade and Lemon funtimes are approaching. Gerstein reveals that an upcoming episode finds the onetime pals going on “a fantastic adventure” where “Lemon has to pretend to not be Lemon for the night.” Continues the EP, “Wade actually takes her to some of his stomping grounds, and — big spoiler — Lemon can really line dance.”

Hot Video: Hart of Dixie‘s Rachel Bilson Answers Critics Who Give Her TV Doc a Bad Rap

WEDDING DAY BLUES | “We’re working toward a finale wedding day for George and Lemon,” Gerstein shares. “But big secrets are exploding all over the place.” To clarify, “the big secret” is the one in which George has no idea that his friend Lavon and his fiancée Lemon had a thing while he was away on business in New York. And, Gerstein adds, “It’s actually being parsed out with different people finding out at different times. Sooner than you think, in fact.” And in case you’re worried about the likelihood of Dixie receiving a Season 2 order, Gerstein jokes, “We’re writing a humongous cliffhanger so the network has to pick us up!”

Which of these scoops have you singing Dixie? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews, Spoilers

1. lore says:

I love this show! It really hits that “Gilmore Girls” nerve that I hadn’t noticed missing before now. I hope it can come back next year!

2. Michelle says:

Looking forward to Wade/Lemon quality time! :-)

3. rachelle says:

I just want more Lemon and Lavon!!

4. Sammy says:

Probably my fav guilty pleasure show of the season.

And I love that they are making Lemon more likeable, and more 3-Dimensional, but could she for ONCE not bully on Zoe. I understand the dynamic, but I would like ONE episode where she isn’t a complete C YOU NEXT TUESDAY to Zoe.

5. sarah says:

I like this show alot and I love Wade
    George and Lemon will not tie the knot as once George finds out about Lavon and Lemon he will not marry her

• Russ says:

Duh! there is no way they will get married. It will probably end with the wedding as George walks out on Lemon to go tell Zoe he loves her and then when he gets there she is with Wade (or another random guy).

6. Jenni says:

This show really grew on me. And I am always on board with more Wade. He is just all kinds of wonderful. And why Zoe doesn’t see him, I will just never understand.

7. Dani says:

I don’t care what happens to anybody else, but Wade and Zoe have to be together!!!

8. Gaby says:

I for one, will be very displeased if they go through with the wedding!

9. Ellen says:

I love Hart of Dixie; it’s my favourite show this season. And I want a lot more George and Zoe!

10. KK says:

I was surprised at how much I like Hart of Dixie. And I was prepared to be pro-Zoe/George, but I must say that I’m more pro-Zoe/Wade!

11. Jessy says:

Even though I like Scott Porter as an actor, I just don’t like his character with Zoe. For me the show is all about Zoe and Wade. Especially about Wade! I just find him adorable. Him and his crush.

12. Ange says:

I want a lot more Zoe Wade. I love Rachel Bilson

13. Annie says:

I love the charm of Dixie,too! It even resembles Stars Hollow…are they on the same lot? But what about Lemon’s mother?! How could a mother leave a teenager and a one-year-old baby?! I want answers!,

• stripetg says:

The show’s a a guilty pleasure for my wife and I, and yes it is most definitely the same set as Stars Hollow, and the Rammer Jammer outside is also Merlotte’s on True Blood.

14. tp says:

I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t find Wade attractive or right for Zoe. I like her better with George or maybe someone that has had nothing to do with Lemon. I also can’t believe Zoe is going to go out with the vet. Especially after he slept with her so-called friend.

15. Sarah says:

We definitely need more Lemon and Lavon, I love those two together. He is the only thing that makes Lemon likable as a character, he definitely brings out the best in her!

16. Jessica says:

I LOOVE WADE AND ZOE! I am so tired of tv coupling up the wrong people. rory didnt end up with logan.. broke my heart. i want just once for a tv show to go in the direction i want. ZOE AND WADE <3 <3 <3 pretty please with a cherry on top. as far as george and lemon i think they should get married.

17. fernando says:

I love the idea of Wade and Lemon being more firends, I really love the Zoe-Lavon friendship and it be nice to see a Lemon-Wade friendship. Zoe better end up with Wade soon and I love to see more people on this show I love the cast but Wade,Zoe,Lavon,George, and Lemon arent enough for me at least add one more major girl.

18. Betsy says:

Count me in on Team Zoe/Wade (Zade? Woe? that doesn’t sound so good.) Was also prepared to be rooting for George/Zoe, but the chemistry b/w Wade and Zoe is off the charts. I described to a friend why i love this show – Summer Roberts is a doctor, becomes BFFs with 90210 D’Dhawn and Jason Street, and they all live happily ever after in Stars Hollow. (or Capeside – take your pick.)

As a true guilty pleasure lover, does anyone else want Sophia Bush to pop on over to Bluebell when OTH is done?? Bring that Brook Davis attitude and she can be George’s NYC fling who comes to town to wreak havoc. Zoe + Lemon team up to take her down. MAKE IT SO!

19. Debsa says:

I love ‘Hart of Dixie’, it has a ‘Northern Exposure’ vibe.. Rachel Bilson is the best!

20. T says:

If Gerstein thinks we’re supposed to be torn on Zoe’s romantic future, I’m not sure they’re doing it right – Zoe/Wade is the “particular pairing” for me! But until they finally live happily ever after, I’m getting kind of sick of the revolving love interests and neverending love triangle issues. I’d much rather see development of more friendships, e.g. Wade and Lemon, the three guys, Rose and Zoe and even – gasp – Lemon and Zoe.

21. Bree says:

I absolutely LOVE this show! I literally only have 1 TV show that I watch faithfully each week and THIS IS IT! PLEASE come back for a 2nd season! By the way, I LOVE the idea of Zoe and Wade together!

22. K says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show so much! I love Wade (and I know there are lots of Zade fans), but I’m 100% Team George.

23. Andrea says:

Team George all the way!

• hartofdixieviewer says:

Finally, I’m seeing some George love! I hear a lot of about Team Wade. I think a lot of the viewers of the show out there that aren’t into the blogging world aren’t having their opinions out there. All my friends and co-workers from my office watch the show weekly and are on TEAM GEORGE but we don’t get on the Youtube, blogs, etc. and post, so George may be the underdog with a growing following :)

24. O says:

THE NETWORK REALLY HAS TO PICK THEM UP!!

25. meah says:

so glad to find some Team George people on this site..i love wade,but i think zoe and george are the endgame..i like my goodboys…i totally agree with one someone said about sophia bush,it’ll so cool…

26. Maggie says:

zoe and wade have to get together soon!!!! im tired of seeing them not together. there needs to be more of a romance life for zoe

27. Ashley says:

Zoe and Wade belong together. George is dull and a one dimensional character who has no clue what he wants and who he is despite being successful in his career. George and Zoe don’t even know each other. Wade and Zoe hang out all the time and are comfortable around each other yet have that chemistry and attraction. What G/Z have is a connection to NY and the “wanting what you can’t have” thing. I think Zoe is going to change and grow a lot because of Bluebell and is going to realize George is not the one for her like she thought in the beginning. Also, I don’t see how George is the good boy and Wade the ‘bad’ one. Even Wilson Bethel doesn’t see the character that way. Wade has a good heart and is a good guy. He may be immature sometimes but he’s the most layered character on the show.

28. Jeanne says:

Zoe and Wade all the way! They have chemistry, they are good friends, Zoe can confide in him as we have see on the show, and he always is coming to her rescue (the gumbo, the woods, sleeping on her chair when she saw the “ghost”), and Wade is truly sweet. I just think George is so not right for Zoe.

29. hartofdixieviewer says:

Team GEORGE, but with that being said, I like Wade’s character and want him to be happy on the show, but I don’t see how the show can have it all. I mean George, Lemon and Wade all grew up being close friends and now Lavon is a friend in the mix. If you have the history between Lemon/Lavon and the Wade/Zoe/George crush triangle, how will the original friendships before Zoe last?

I think Zoe will be caught between these two guys but hopefully, George is the “Ross” and Zoe is the “Rachel” in the end. We made it through TEN seasons before the our favorite Friends couple reunited, so she can have her fun with Judson, Wade and whoever else comes along but I’m hoping that George is that one guy that she is going to have her journey with.

• WOW says:

Lmao, YOU are crazy. You think Ross and Rachel are like Zoe and George? Really? Zoe and George are completely BORING. They have no chemistry and hardly nobody, even the media don’t care for them.

George is the one that will come off as a complete douche if he’s with Zoe. Firstly, he’s already been flirting around with somebody when he’s engaged… douche. Second, if he and Lemon break up then he just gets together with Zoe… douche. Thirdly, I’m sure at some point he’ll know Wade has true deep feelings for Zoe. Considering George has told Wade he needs to grow up and find a nice girl.. if he takes the one girl his good friend has feelings for.. DOUBLE DOUCHE!

George is just boring in general, nothing special about him. I love Zoe so much, I don’t want her to become boring too if she gets with boring George.