The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Sunday

On TV this Sunday: A mystery man stirs Storybrooke, a Pan Am stewardess shows off her birthday suit, Prime Suspect goes off duty and more. Here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Once Upon a Time (ABC) | While Mary Margaret and David continue to grapple with their unrequited love, Snow White yearns to ease her breaking heart as Prince Charming’s wedding nears; Emma and Regina grow suspicious over a mysterious stranger in town. Check out a sneak peek here.

9 pm Prime Suspect (NBC) | Back-to-back episodes! Calderon and Duffy investigate a young girl’s rape and murder, and Jane has a tête-à-tête with Matt. And in the season (series?) finale, Sweeney orders round-the-clock security when a hit is ordered on one of their own.

9 pm Desperate Housewives (ABC) | Bree’s life continues to spiral as her alcohol consumption rises — as does her lust for men; Alejandro’s wife suspects foul play and confronts Susan; Ben has special plans for Renee.

9 pm Downton Abbey (PBS) | Isobel and Cora lock horns over control of Downton’s medical role; Mrs. Bird starts a soup kitchen.

9 pm Shameless (Showtime) | Frank pulls out all the stops to get closer to Dottie while Fiona contemplates an affair with a now-married high school crush; Jody asks Frank’s permission to marry Karen; Kevin considers buying The Alibi.

Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres, Returns and Finales Calendar

10 pm American Idol (Fox) | Season 11’s three-part premiere concludes with a special, extended broadcast immediately following the NFC Championship Game. (Read Michael Slezak’s Night 2 recap.)

10 pm Pan Am (ABC) | Maggie tells Ted why she has reservations about Amanda; Dean pines for Colette, who plans to transfer to the Hong Kong hub; Laura is shocked to discover that the Life Magazine photographer sold her nude photos — and they are now displayed in a New York gallery.

10 pm Oprah’s Master Class (OWN) | Morgan Freeman reveals the lessons he learned throughout his prolonged rise to success, and discusses the hand of providence that brought him there.

10:30 pm Californication (SHO) | Hank hands a completed draft of Santa Monica Cop over to Samurai Apocalypse, but he still finds himself stuck in L.A. when he’s asked to take Kali, his “acquaintance” from the flight, out.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? Also, hit the Comments to politely offer tune-in suggestions of your own.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Patrick says:

It’s nice to Californication getting some love.

2. kirads09 says:

Once Upon A Time

3. Ryan says:

Can everyone in America with a Nielsen box just watch pan am. Thanks.

4. Ethan says:

Can’t believe I have to wait another week for The Good Wife!!

5. AJ says:

Prime Suspect rocks!! Wish more people had given it a chance. :( I am going to miss it.

• Simon Jester says:

Me, too. I was against it ON PRINCIPLE when it started, but admit I was wrong. It’s turned out to be an excellent police procedural that really copies very little from the superb British original. I can’t help thinking they would have better off billing it as “From the creator of Prime Suspect” instead of “A remake of Prime Suspect.”

• AJ says:

I totally agree with you. Nobody I told about the show would give it a chance because of the brit version but this one gets better and better. It’d probably have done just fine if they hadn’t even mentioned Prime Suspect at all. Oh well. sigh….

• Kim R says:

I agree. It is such a well done, character rich show. I wish they would reconsider. :(

• AJ says:

I keep crossing my fingers that I will hear some good news about a renewal, a girl can dream right?

• Melissa29 says:

I love Prime Suspect too. It’s such an excellent procedural, and I’m not watching many of those these days, they are just too predictable, but PS has great characters and interesting stories. I really want to see where it’s going. I am :(

• lj says:

I am still holding onto hope that TNT or some cable network will pick it up. It’d be better on cable anyway. It is SO good!

• Nancy says:

We enjoyed watching Prime Suspect, NBC didn’t give it enough time to find its audience. As much as I like Josh Lucas, that show is not nearly as good. Please reconsider this cancellation!

• Jason says:

I agree Maria Bello is amazing…great show.

6. Ben says:

Shameless and Downton Abbey are my must-see shows tonight.

7. Liz says:

Go Giants and Ravens! If I have any energy when those are over I’ll watch one of the ABC dramas, although I don’t know which yet because I DVR all 3 of them.

8. Deb says:

Thanks for the shout out to “Once Upon A Time”. As much as I’d like to see San Francisco kicking the Giants around the field (crossing fingers and toes) at 8PM I will be turning the game off and tuning into ABC. OUAT has quickly become of on the only two shows I wouldn’t miss for ANYTHING! =D

9. Maj says:

Finally audition night for AI? We are into Hollywood week this week already? I could’ve sworn they also went to STL this year and I haven’t seen that one yet..

10. Mari says:

What about House of Lies? I’m really enjoying this show.

11. Kendal says:

Completely forgot we were without The Good Wife this week. I guess I have a free Sunday evening!

12. fernando says:

Once Upon A Time, Desperate Housewives, and Pan Am(Last 3 ep.)

13. myrthe says:

Love Pan Am! I’m from holland and I am so hoping that it doesn’t get cancelled.

14. Kevin says:

Shameless, Pan Am, then American Idol (it doesn’t come on until 11 in my area)

15. kevin says:

Sad to see PRIME SUSPECT ending on a high note and NBC gave it their all to show support for this crime drama and Maria Bello. Planning on watching another great episode of Undercover Boss and the soon-to-be canceled Pan Am. Go Niners! :)

16. Lisa says:

tonight’s ep of downton abbey is soooo good! watch!

17. Charlotte says:

So bummed about Prime Suspect being cancelled! Honestly, having watched the original PS, it was never going to be able to live up to what that show was. However, it’s actually such a good show on its own! It didn’t have to be a remake! Even my husband, who’s not into cop procedural, was impressed with the cast and the writing. So bummed.

18. KevinG says:

Really sad to see Prime Suspect be cancelled. Thought the characters and stories were great, one of the few shows my wife & I agree on :)

19. nina says:

I like to see ABC move Pan Am to Thursday night before Grey’s Anatomy. I think it can benefit there where there is no football

20. Rowan says:

Alyse, “Unrequited” means unreciprocated or unreturned. If both Mary Margaret and David love each other, it clearly isn’t unrequited, whether they are allowed to act upon their feelings or not.

21. Jimr says:

Thank god for DVR tonight! Shameless is a must (w house of lies) but Prime Suspect is awesome! Why are the truly good police dramas shut out? NBC scrapped this for the Firm? Wake up peacock!

• Rowan says:

They scrapped it because the ratings are crappy and when compared creatively to the original series – this one sucks on ice. It’s not the actors. They cast this show beautifully. They’re doing the best that can be done with uneven writing. It’s the writing. It’s just a real disappointment.

22. Jake says:

Pan AM rocks…ABC would be making a mistake letting this one go ratings or no ratings…the cast is amazing. I really feel like I am in the past and they pulls if off well.

23. juan says:

Same old of the increadible ABC shows, the commercial for OUAT looked so good, also looking forward to DH as I still love the show and Pan Am while I have it to enjoy

24. TheFinalMan says:

You CAN’T miss Shameless. That show is the frakkin’ BEST.

25. Russ says:

Lost Girl returns from winter break tonight in canada

26. Justin says:

Once Upon a TIme and Prime Suspect.

27. Bad Breaker says:

As a fan of Desperate Housewives since the start, it’s sad to see it limping off into the sunset of its final season with a whimper instead of a bang. Bree is once again a drunk? Really? This whole season has just been lame.

28. Danielle H says:

PAN AM! I really enjoy this show.. I know it’s a long shot, but I think if they could just keep marketing it and try out one more season it could do okay. Just needs given a chance!

29. lipsticksocialism says:

I would hardly call Mary Margaret and David’s love “unrequited,” since they both clearly have feelings for each other. Perhaps “star-crossed” might be a more apt term.

30. sladewilson says:

I’m very upset about Prime Suspect. I’m hoping another station picks it up from NBC – hopefully TNT or USA. As for Pan Am, I’ve grown to like it…

Oh Shameless, House of Lies and Californication is the best two consecutive hours of TV there is…