American Idol: Who Was Your Favorite From the San Diego Auditions? Take Our Poll!

American Idol junkies with no knowledge of/interest in lycra-clad warriors passing around the pigskin may have turned on their TV sets at 10/9c and wondered if the “N, F, and C” in NFC Championship Game stood for Naima (Adedapo), Fantasia (Barrino), and Carrie (Underwood). But alas, while a three-diva showdown would have been like spicy tomato soup for the reality-lover’s soul, it was the Giants-vs.49ers football game that delayed J.Lo, Steven, and Randy from making their appointed rounds in a timely fashion.

Once things did get underway, we got to see seven of the 53 Golden Ticket recipients from the San Diego auditions peppered amidst what felt like an unlimited supply of ad breaks. There was Jim Carrey’s daughter (seriously), a frat guy who rocked a plaid shirt reminiscent of Kris Allen’s “Remember the Time” garment, a contestant sent by the Ghost of One-Time Judge Ellen Degeneres, and not one but two awkward moments involving Ryan Seacrest and another man’s lips. All in all, not Idol’s most memorable hour, but at least Uncle Nigel continued the Season 11 trend of cutting back on overt cruelty/irritating pranksters.

Anyhow, while I work on a full episode recap that will post Monday morning here at TVLine, I’ll turn things over to you: Who was your favorite from the San Diego auditions? Sound off in the comments section, and for all my Idol news, interviews, and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Kyle Crews and Ashley Robles killed tonight. Although I think Jane Carrey has a voice, she might have gotten the ticket because of her father. Maybe she’ll switch it up once she gets to Hollywood. Decent night tonight. That crazy bikini top/short shorts girl didn’t take away from that. So far, there has definitely been some talent out there. I’m kinda hopeful for the season. So far. There’s a long ways to go.

2. Jade says:

Guy in blue plaid shirt was AMAZING!!

3. Annie says:

Jayrah was very interesting. I hope he goes far in the competition.

4. chessguy99 says:

There should be a “none of the above” choice. This episode was very weak.

5. nickp says:

why is Jim Carey daughter auditioning on American idol

• marie says:

Even more, why is Jim Carrey’s daughter a waitress? (Nothing against waitpersons.)

• Nadine says:

I found Jane Carey very likable. Her voice didn’t blow me over, but it has a great foundation, her personality has “it” and no matter who her father is, only her own talent can move her forward.

6. s says:

Weak? really? I thought it was the best episode so far besides Colton of course. I thought they were all great on this episode but I really loved Wolf at the end… He was interesting.

7. juan montoya says:

What song did the frat Guy sing, I’m going crazy looking for it!

8. Zoey says:

I’m just waiting eagerly for the first Idoloonies of the year.

9. Ken says:

(1) Naima Adedapo was your best N reference?! Even Nikki (McKibbin) would’ve been better! Or how about Nadia Turner??

(2) This episode was so remarkably underwhelming in the talent department. Of the seven singers we saw I only would’ve given tickets to Jane and Jason, and even those were iffy. My jaw dropped when Ryan said that 53 people got tickets! If that’s the case, why did the 7 we saw suck? Or are the other 46 even worse?

10. karen says:

Jane Carrey has been very well trained, and is practically guaranteed a pass to the live rounds to ensure an appearance of her father on the show. Look at us, DWTS, we have random celebrities too!!!

11. Name That Tune says:

So I wonder, why bother watching the audition rounds, Hollywood week, Las Vegas week, The Top 42, when the Top 24 have already been leaked? Why waste my time?

Maybe, I’ll be check back then, but a few episodes of Idol Loonies would spark my interest until the real game begins.

12. Jericho227 says:

Jane Carrey should not be allowed to audition. I have her CD from years ago. If they disqualified JoAnna Pacitti for that, Jane needs to be DQ’d too. She is a great talent, but talent that obviously have a CD that has been recorded and released should automatically be grounds for a DQ

• marie says:

The rule has always been that a contrstant can’t have a CURRENT recording contract; past contracts are not grounds for disqualification. Perhaps Ms. Pacitti was unjustly disqualified. In any case, it does not follow that because Ms. Pacitti was disqualified, then Ms. Carrey should be as well.

13. Christina says:

What was with all the ad breaks? Was FOX charging Super Bowl like numbers for ads during this show cause they took a break every 5 minutes, literally.

14. raftrap says:

I gotta give it to the judges in this one, what they said to Jane Carrey, spot on, and what Jennifer said to her at the end “I wanna see you again”, perfectly valid, the not-perfect vocalists can pass through to Hollywood if they intrigue the judges, I’ll take that over the the blind yeses for OK singing.

15. Vetle says:

I really only liked Jane, the rest were pretty good too, except Jayrah. He annoyed the crap out of me, his confidence was way too over the top.

16. Tay says:

Didn’t get to see anybody do to that stupid football game.

17. wendy says:

I don’t get the love for Kyle Crews I actually found his vibrato to be annoying – And he sang every phrase just like the last…

18. brandon says:

Wolf was mediocre at best. Couldn’t believe they saved him for the last spotlight, let alone the golden ticket.

19. Curious says:

What’s the name of that very hot woman in shorts & a tube top at the beginning of the show ??

20. Maria says:

I missed this episode but since heard that Alex Wong auditioned in San Diego. I can’t find any video exept Alex talking about his “audition journey”, No performance video. I’ve read that he received a golden ticket but wonder how he can realistically go through with it since he states that he is starting the broadway musical “Newsies” in March. Any info on this???