Supernatural Hot Shots: Dean Meets His [Spoiler]!

Trust issues will be rearing their head again in the Feb. 3 episode of Supernatural (The CW, 9/8c), and we’ve got a sneak peek at the new gal creating drama for the Winchesters.

As the latest promo reveals, Dean’s one night stand with The Vampire Diaries‘ Sara Canning will have very big consequences — like instant fatherhood big.

But it also means trouble for Sam and Dean’s relationship, which experiences a bit of a role reversal.

Supernatural Boss Talks Bobby’s Death, Dean’s ‘Unhealthy’ State, Two Big Returns and Lots More

In the installment, “Sam finds himself in the same situation that Dean was in with Amy,” Jared Padalecki teased to TVLine. “So where it was Dean trying to do the right thing that a hunter would do, even though Sam insisted that he trusted this girl, now we find Sam in that situation, where Dean’s like, ‘Hey, I trust this person,’ and Sam’s going, ‘Well, you’re not in your right mind.’”

Ruh-roh, is Dean’s spawn demonic? From the pained expression on his face in the last photo below, it looks like we may have another “Heart” situation on our hands.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on this new wrinkle.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. dane says:

So.. Sam kills Dean’s daughter and the balance is tipped right again?? I hope if she has to die that Dean is the one who does it..

• wendy says:

How the hell is the ‘balance’ tipped right? This is not some childhood crush from 20 years ago. This is Dean’s child! Are you kidding? And although I love Sam, I cannot agree with those Sam girls who think Sam has been shoved in the background. I seem to recall Sam getting pretty much the best stoylines of the past couple seasons. When they do focus on Dean, they tend to give him the crappiest material to work with, such as the recent “Time after time’ where they turned him into a gushy fanboy, which is so NOT Dean! This is not the ‘Sam’ show, nor is it the ‘Dean’ show. The focus should always be on the brothers as a team.

• wendy says:

Oh, and for the record, I am NOT a ‘Dean’s girl, or a Sam’s girl. I love them both. I just think the character of Dean gets the short end of the stick when it comes to good storylines.

• cas ryan says:

well said this pretty iswhat i think too

• raelee514 says:

Have you met Dean? He is so DORKY Fanboy…. especially of man’s man movies like something like the Untouchables and the legend that is Elliot Ness.

Time After Time After Time, was kickass.

The show hasn’t backburnered either brother however in my opinion ever, both get POVS, both get meaty character arcs that fit their characters and their journeys and together they have the journey of two brothers with no else really to rely on: especially this season.

Misses Bobby and Cas!

• wendy says:

Well, I don’t know, it seems to me that whenever there’s a hot, interesting woman, she immediately goes for Sam, not that I don’t love Sam, cause I do, and he’s goodlooking but hey, Dean is goodlooking too. When he does get a woman, she’s never as interesting as the women Sam gets, save for Jo, who of course was killed before anything could happen. If you really think they both get equally good storylines, then maybe I’ve been watching a different show for the past couple seasons. As far as this Slice Girls thing, I may be in the minority because I really don’t think Dean should get off that easy. I love Sam and Dean because they are human with human faults and flaws. Dean can be pretty loose, and he should have to deal with the results of that in the real world, hunter or not, so I hope it is his daughter. I don’t think they should introduce a storyline like that and then just wrap it up and solve the problem in one episode.

• JR says:

“whenever there’s a hot, interesting woman, she immediately goes for Sam”

Could you give an example for this, cause I do not remember Sam having much luck with women.
            He had Jess (who he met pre-pilot, so she does not count), then Sarah, Madison (werewolf), the shrink in season 4 (more of a hook up than anything else), Ruby, Lindsey (the bar girl), Becky and the prostitute in season 6. Amy was again pre-series without Dean present.
            So which of these were so interesting and preferred Sam over Dean? I guess Sarah, but that is one, hardly a pattern.
            With Dean you have just this season Jo, the bartender in 7×04, the medium girl in 7×07 (who kinda reminded me of Sarah a bit), another waitress in 7×08, and now the Amazon. And last season he had Lisa.

• Jamie says:

Well, then I guess you have to admit that Dean gets to show a lot more emotions than Sam (and talk about his hobbies, interests, music/TV taste … while Sam is still mostly a mystery), and he also interacts way more with recurring characters. For example Dean had/has a stronger connection (is preferred over Sam) with Death, Tessa, Lisa, Ben, Ellen, Jo, Cas, Bobby, Crowley (hardly ever talk to Sam unless he insults him), Hendrickson, Zachariah, Azazel, Anna, young John, young Mary, Michael … and this season Garth, and Frank.
            Sam just gets the one who want to kill/harm him (Ruby, Lucifer, Gordon, Becky, YED) and maybe Sheriff Mills – that is yet to be determined.
            It has always been like this: Dean is the emotional focus/the eyes of the audience, while Sam is connected to the myth arc. So if they gave Dean a great story arc next season (the major one), then they have to give us more insight into Sam because if they make Dean the focus of the story line and the POV character, Sam would have very little to do.

2. Rebecca says:

Now we’ll test nature nurture debate for sure!

3. Anon says:

Is there any originality on this show anymore?

• ethan says:

Original or not, I’m loving season seven so much.

• Kalie says:

I think the show has been very original. What’s wrong with some role reversal? I’m still enjoying it very much.

• Anon says:

They’ve been doing role reversals since season 6. How are they original?

• ingrid says:

Role reversals have been done since season 1 and 2. Look at Dead in the Water, and then it’s paler redo Playthings. It’s been going on and on with Dean doing something and then the show gives it to Sam.

This show lost all its originality when it couldn’t accept Dean doing something of his own without it giving it to Sam.

I also agree, season 6 was the time that Gamble tried to turn Sam into Dean. She’s been trying for years. What a tool.

• Jen says:

Are you for real? Dead in the Water and Playthings have very little in common unless you count saving a child from drowning, and a vendictive ghost (aren’t they all) If you mean that’s kinda petty – and most certantly not a storyline. What’s next Dean uses a knife so Sam can’t, he saves a Granny, so Sam can only save women under 50. O_o

The only storyline Sam and Dean have in common are the going to hell one (finding Dad, being a vessel was shared). And that really was John’s thing first, then Dean’s and now Sam’s. It’s the family business: saving people, killing things, going to hell XD
          And really they didn’t even go to the same part of hell, and the posthell behaviour is different too (both were great on paper, horrible at the execution)
          But if you count that, then Dean got Sam’s wanting to live a normal life storyline, and Cas his making-a-huge-mistake.
          The writer are short of ideas so they recycle, don’t be paranoid – there is no conspiracy.
          And I really don’t get people who watch a 2 lead show, and despise one of them, like you seem to.

• moonwatcher says:

I agree with Jen. John goes to hell then Dean steals his story. Sam is an angel vessel so Dean is not allowed to be one? See what I mean. Dean steals storylines too according to Ingrid’s logic.

• wendy says:

I agree with you there Jen. It IS a two lead show, I have read comments from both Sam girls and Dean girls who say if an episode doesn’t focus on their particular favorite, they won’t bother to watch. How silly. I mean, why bother to watch at all then? To me, if an episode doesn’t include both guys, even if does center more that episode on one brother more than the other, than it won’t be a good episode for me. The strength of the show lies in the chemistry of it’s two lead characters and the way their prospective emotional baggage comes together.

• ann says:

Dean got Sam’s normal storyline? Really? You mean the one that Gamble backburned and then destroyed? How come Dean didn’t get special powers like Sam, or get to play his angel like Sam or get to be important in the finales like Sam?

The hell story wasn’t John’s. HE went to hell but then went beyond. Dean’s hell story was coming back and then the PTSDs. But the Samfans didn’t want to hear about Dean’s hell trauma, even as now they all want everyone to watch Sam’s hell trauma.

If it’s a two lead show, then two leads should both have storylines that are equally important. But that’s not the case, it never was exept for season 4, and then the PTBs destroyed Dean’s and pretended that season 4 never existed.

I love how the Sam fans are all “Two Leads” when Dean has a hint of a story of his own, but when it’s all about Sam all we hear is ” but Sam is the important one and the lead!”

The duplicity of the PTBs and the Samfans is grotesquely obvious and distasteful.

• Tiana says:

Thank for showing why extreme fans like yourself are ruining the show and even the comment sections for everybody else.
            Any non obsessed fan can see that Spn is a 2 lead show, the are only few who are either refusing or unable to see that (Mostly those who adore one brother, and despise the other).
            And to go through your arguments.
            Yes, Dean got Sam’s story line, since in season 1 Sam wanted a normal life, while Dean loved being a hunter. And I’m sorry but the writers destroy all the story lines or at least unexpectedly drop them.
            I wonder though if you would be willing to except the repercussions those Sam story lines (those you listed) would bring?
            You know the demon blood addiction, lying, being in the wrong all the time, finding out basically all you friend or acquaintances in the past were demons, your father believing you’ll need to get killed, being in the Pit for 100 years, being a sociopath … Cause if you take the cool sides, you have to cope will the bad ones too (which means character assassination like Sam in season 4 for example).
            I personally would have nothing against Dean being the bad brother for a while or getting an ability, but then Sam would have to get the majority of the POV and the interactions with the guest stars, to make it even. Make Dean the doer and Sam the talker. However, people seem to dislike role reversal, at least according to this comment section.
            And for the record I’m not a Sam girl, I like both brothers, and I would appreciate if you didn’t insult me and imply that I’m an obsessed fan like yourself.

• moonwatcher says:

Don’t be silly, Ann. Sam fans have not denied Dean is a lead. So Sam fans didn’t want to hear about Dean’s trauma. That is because Dean already gets the majority of the emo.
            Dean is welcome to steal Sam’s demon blood story. Dean is welcome to sleep with a demon. How’s that for fair exchange?

• wendy says:

I guess moonwatcher really dislikes Dean
            I guess you forgot that Dean also died and went to Hell, and except for a few mentions of having to become a torturer and how much he wanted to forget, we haven’t really seen him have to suffer with those memories the way we’ve seen Sam suffer with his. And again, I am not favoring one brother over the other. I am not a fangirl, in fact, I’m a mature, married woman. The only thing the writers have showed, at least as far as I’ve seen, is Dean’s drinking problem and really, hasn’t he pretty much always been an alcoholic from the getgo?
            I love both boys. I don’t want either character to be shortchanged in favor of the other. I wish I knew why people like moonwatcher and Jen hate Dean so much.

• wendy says:

And to moonwatcher and JEN, if I have judged you wrongly, then by all means I apologize. I’m only going by the tone of your posts.

• wendy says:

And now, I must apologize to moonwatcher and Jen again because, after rereading my own posts, I’m embarassed to see that they do look like obsessed fangirl posts, which I find silly and stupid. No, I’m just a normal fan, not an obsessed one. I do have a life! LOL Again, love the show and ALL the characters, including both Sam and Dean. But it is just a tv show.

• moonwatcher says:

I don’t dislike Dean. I just get impatient at fans like Ann who keep accusing Sera of stealing Dean’s storylines and giving them to Sam. How would they like it if Dean drank demon blood and slept with a demon? How would they like Dean getting that storyline of Sam?

• moonwatcher says:

Oh, Wendy, we’re all obsessed fangirls here with nothing to do but argue with other fans over fictional characters.

• Jen says:

I do not dislike Dean at all.
            I was just trying to defend Sam from the posters who were writing IMO quite unfair things about him. I tried to show ingrid how silly the concept is of “stolen” storylines, and you even agreed with me, so I do not get how my post could be interpreted as anti-Dean O_o.
            And for the record if someone had started writing that it is all about Dean or how Dean is pushing Sam into the background, I would have disagreed with him too.

• Sherry says:

Not as long as Sera Gamble is the so-called showrunner there wont be.

• Jeff says:

Except for the fact that Sera wrote two of the best episodes this season, the second episode and “Death’s Door” (unquestionably one of the best episodes of the series). No, the show is not as good as it was in seasons 4 and 5, but let’s not lie to ourselves and act as if Sera isn’t doing a fine job.

• wendy says:

Trying desperately now to change the subject, I will be really pissed if they go and introduce what should be a very serious and gamechanging storyline and then just throw it away. I think if Dean does get this woman pregnant, Sam will be righteously pissed and as well he should be, what with their dangerous lifestyle and leviathins after them and all, if Dean goes and does something so careless and stupid, what with the two brothers just now beginning to repair their relationship, this could throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. I wouldn’t want Dean to be forced to kill his own child, nor would I want Sam to have to kill his niece. I don’t think Dean would want any child of his following his footsteps into being a hunter either. I sure hope the writers handle this thing right. I do sense a role reversal coming, with Sam starting to be the one who worries about and looks after Dean now. I think it could be interesting

• Jeff says:

Yeah, because we definitely had a situation in the past where one of the characters got someone pregnant, only to have the child grow incredibly fast and become a teenager in front of Dean’s eyes. Yeah, they’re totally out of original ideas.

4. Stephanie says:

“heart” was one of my favorite episodes and it was pretty sad. So I’m looking forests to seeing Dean’s face when he realizes he just wedged himself into Sam’s shoes almost 5 years ago

• kelios says:

It’s not like Dean forced Sam to kill Madison or was happy about it…why would you want to see him in the same situation?

• ingrid says:

How is Heart even comparable? It’s not like Dean went to bed with his daughter, and now he has to kill her. This is his daughter, not some one night stand for cripes sake, it’s not even comparable. Sam will be a bigtime dick if he kills her, and Gamble is a vindictive petty woman for not allowing Dean anything good.

• Mary says:

It’s more like Rosemary’s baby or the Omen.
        How about you wait till the episode airs before you condemn Sam, cause I really don’t get how having a half-monster daughter (she ages rapidly, so she is not really human) after a one-night-stand is something good for Dean. And where do you get vindictive from – she gave Dean Lisa and Ben and removed them without killing them (I’m sure that’s better than Bobby’s or Sam’s relationships).

5. deborah says:

It would be interesting if Dean could get his new daughter away from the bad guys; put her up with some trusted hunters. Maybe, a new hunter in training? If he were to just kill her or if Sam does it, then I think it would exhibit one of the
    problems with the show since Gamble took over. If the show isn’t killing off favorites, for seemingly no good reason other than shock value (thank heaven Cas and Bobby are said to be returning), then it’s rehashing old story lines.

• timotey says:

Yeah, because Kripke didn’t kill anybody. Only John, Pamela, Ellen, Jo… Oh, wait, d’oh. And how is “Dean has a daughter who wants to kill him” rehashing an old storyline?

• Dee says:

Isn’t the daughter, by extension, also a creature that procreates rapidly?

Then, that, sadly, would make her a thing that the boys hunt.

I don’t have a lot of information about the episode, but that is what I gathered from the promo.

6. Sean says:

I was curious to see what else Alexia Fast had done prior to “Supernatural” so I went to IMDB.

Did you guys know [or, rather, remember] that she guest-starred in the “Supernatural” episode “The Benders” as Missy Bender back in Season 1?

7. Dee says:

So Dean finally gets to ‘bang’ a monster. I thought that was Sam’s specialty. Either way, it looks to be an interesting show. What will be more interesting afterward will be the ugly debate afterward between the Sam and Dean girls. This has the potential to get very, very brutal, and will probably clog up every blog and recap site for the rest of the season. Sigh!

• Beth says:

So now Sammy can rag on Dean about banging a monster for a change. Fair is fair.

• ingrid says:

How is an Amazon a monster? Pray tell. Sam banged a demon and he knew what she was. Dean is being used and this isn’t the exact same thing. So Sammy can’t rag on anything, because no matter what, he chose to bang a evil entity and he even almost killed his brother because of her. Yeah, great comparison there.

• Wow says:

Amusing. You do realize that this is Supernatural and that an Amazon is going to be a monster or a thing regardless of how much you whine about it? How about the remark Dean made about Madison in ep 14 and when he was so sure that Cara was the monster, he insisted that Sam had a thing about banging monsters, or did we forget that little detail? Just sayin’.

• Anon says:

Except that Deanm from what we’ve seen, doesn’t know she’s a monster where Sam knowinging and willingly banged a demon.

The two situations aren’t the same. Plus we don’t know the amazons are monsters. They could be a type of witch.

Just saying.

• Shaula says:

I don’t think it was fair Dean say something to Sam about Cara and Madison, but the big difference I see here is that Dean thought she was an average woman. He had no way to know she was a monster.

That is, if we consider an Amazon a monster. There is no doubt they’ll be evil, though.

8. Shaula says:

Vlada, can you please tell Matt that isn’t spring yet on February 3rd and that they filmed this episode last year? His spoilers were incredible misleading. Thanks.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Matt here. Yes, I overestimated SPN’s current lead time in filming. (When Vlada spoke to Jared in mid-January, he said they weren’t done shooting it yet.) Wet lashes with noodle have been administered.

• Shaula says:

I’m very sorry for coming across too harsh. I just hate this spoiler so much and ended up lashing it out on you because I was hoping it wasn’t about his “daughter” and was basing my hopes on your original post. Oh well…

Also, thank you for correcting the mistake I made in my post.

9. denise says:

How does Sam possibly killing Deans daughter compare to Dean killing a monster that Sam kissed twenty years ago?

• Jenny says:

They are both monsters, and one of the brothers is too close to be objective (emotinally compromised), maybe?
      We don’t really know what the situation will be exactly, the girl could have killed someone or she’ll be a threat in the future(she is holding a knife) or she’ll have to seduce a man in the future (like her mother), and then potentially kill them; for all we know she need to eat human flesh to grow so rapidly.
      For that matter we don’t even know if Sam will be the one to kill her, or if he’ll be able to convince Dean to do it (like Heart).

• denise says:

I agree. We don’t know for sure what will happen but I got a bad feeling that this episode is gonna cause the Dean fans and Sam fans to go ballistic.

• Kalie says:

We don’t know what happens yet! I think we should all wait and see how this ep plays out. They’re just saying that Sam sees what Dean can’t because he’s too emotionally invested, not that Sam actually does the deed.

10. Isabelle says:

I doubt Dean will kill his kid or Sam would even want to if she’s family, they’d figure it out so that leads me to believe something bigger is up and someone is trying to play the Winchesters again. Dean does look like he needs a hug in that last picture, I’m available.

11. Geordiegirl1967 says:

It doesn’t. Sam had a relationship with Amy. He cared about her, and she killed her mother for him. This girl may be genetically related to Dean but they have no other link to her whatsoever, and she is a monster. Plus we don’t know that Sam kills her, just that he doesn’t want Dean to trust her.

• denise says:

One kiss is a relationship? And in my opinion, she didn’t kill her mother just to save her life. That was her way to get away from an abusive parent and she used it. But I will agree that we don’t know for sure if Sam kills her or not but I tell you one thing, I don’t think the man who can’t tell a hallucination from reality should be making any type of justment call.

• moonwatcher says:

Neither is Dean -he who drinks too much and gets depressed a lot.

• Anon says:

Big difference between a guy who drinks and a who hallcinates.

• moonwatcher says:

Sam seems able to do his job. Dean trusted him last week to save him. He can’t suddenly turn around and use Sam’s mental state against him.

• ingrid says:

As compared to Sam, who drank demon blood and got all happy about it.

• moonwatcher says:

At least he didn’t suck down souls like Cas. Now that’s one angel whose judgement I will never trust.

• Sally says:

Actualy Sam kinda got anger management issues when on blood, he didn’t seem particulary happy in season 4.
            LOL Season 4 Sam and season 7 Dean can become the manic depressive brother duo.

• Jenn says:

This show thinks that a one-night stand a decade ago is the basis for a relationship. All the sexual relationships on this show are written from a bad Harlequin-style romance POV. The desire to go back to only two main characters makes it inevitable – there is no time for a relationship with anyone else to develop organically and in a way that isn’t ridiculous.

12. tvaddict says:

Look like another great episode! Cannot wait!

13. Amy says:

Awww man. Dean finally gets laid & this happens. This might put a wrinkle on him getting back on the horse! Last time he was about to get lucky he gets nabbed by a God, this time he has it away with a monster & creates a monster baby. Damn. The boy needs a little carefree sex! I’m looking forward to
    seeing how this all pans out. I hope she like spontaneously combusts or something so Sam doesn’t have to do an Amy on her and Dean doesn’t have to do a Madison on her! Really, is an old fashioned, guiltless Dean style, one night stand too much to ask (I’m talking about for him!). I’m loving season 7 and I’m excited for this ep, even though the idea of it makes my tummy & heart a bit hurty.

14. Ari says:

If Jared said they weren’t done shooting it in January, how can those spoilers possibly be for this episode? It filmed entirely before production broke for Christmas.

• Shaula says:

Yeah, I read the same and that they were filming the episode 7.14 in mid-January, but they seem pretty sure Jared was referring to this episode, so…

• JP says:

They still had 1 or 2 days of episode 7×13 left to shot after the Christmas break.

• Ari says:

Actually, that was 7×14 they finished filming after Christmas. And they were filming 15 while Jared was giving interviews.

• Shaula says:

No, Ari is right. The producer Jim Michaels said they stopped in the middle of the episode 7.14 and would finish this episode when they came back from Christmas break.

15. kelios says:

I don’t get it. Shouldn’t they be going after the mother rather than the daughter? I mean, she didn’t do anything except be born. I don’t like the idea that this is just some sort of tit for tat with Sam killing someone Dean cares about because that’s what Dean did to him–I don’t think that’s in character for him at all.

• Beth says:

Hopefully Sam will handle it better than Dean did. Hopefully he won’t lie about what he did and then get pissed if Dean gets angry with him for what he did.

• Nic says:

Yeah… And hopefully Dean won’t leave Sam just to teach him a lesson afterwards.

• ingrid says:

Yes, Sam was so mature about it, running off like a two year old, throwing a temper tantrum, then acting like a brat after hearing that Dean was worried about him. What a loving brother Sam is, not.

But does this mean that Dean can run off and leave Sam without telling Sam where he’s going? Take off for two weeks without leaving a message? I’m hoping Dean leaves Sam and goes to find Cas. Sam can just go do what he wants, as usual.

I agree, this is a tit for tat episode and I’m tired of Gamble trying to destroy the character of Dean.

• melanyrose says:

Sorry, last time I checked, SPN is not the Destiel show. Keep on dreaming.

• Tiana says:

Cas – who lied for a year, nearly killed his brother/made him a mental patient, unleashed the Levis on the world – is therefore indirectly responsible for Bobby’s death, killed thousands of people. I’m not sure Dean is quite over that already, so if he left Frank or Garth are more plausable.
          Oh, and as long as Sam doesn’t lie or does it behind Dean’s back after saying he trusts his judgement, they won’t exactly be even. j/s

And technically Sam’s character usually get far more hits than Dean’s. He’s always wrong, no matter what he does; and the bashing after this episode will be predictably harsh on him no matter the circumstances – it always is, while Dean gets far more sympathy. So I hope Sam isn’t the one to kill her cause I’m really tired of the brother vs. brother online war.

• Anon says:

As opposed to Sam who snuck out the first night his brother was back from hell, lied to him for a year. Choked him half to death, chose a demon over him and unleashed Lucifer on the world because he trusted the word of a demon who spent all of season three lying to him. Despite the fact that Cas, Dean, Uriel, Pam and Chuck all told him he was headed down the wrong path?

Doesn’t by your logic make Sam (along with Dean) responsible for everyone that died as a result of Lucifer being set free?

At least Cas took responsibility saying it was his fault rather than blaming Dean for being too bossy.

• Tiana says:

I never said that Sam never did anything wrong, but you Cas fans have to understand that Sam apologized for that more than once and then jumped into hell to atone for it (or did you skip season 5 and just watched season 4). Oh and the angels most certaintly did not say that killing Lilith would start the Apocalipse, they just said Dean should be the one to kill her to make her stop breaking seals (and if you want to go there Cas got warned too, that opening Pulgatory is really bad, and he still did it, and even killed his allies who dared warn him).
            But the most obvious difference is that Cas saying sorry once does not mean everything is forgiven, he will have to do more than that (like help fix Sam, or at least help stop the Levis, and hopefully also apologize to Sam).
            So saying Cas is preferable to Dean cause he is such a better friend than Sam or that he’s more mature is frankly just wrong, but I doubt you’ll ever admit that the angel screwed up big time, and now has to face the music.

• cas ryan says:

awesome i agree 100% i felt sam acted like a 2 year old too

• melanyrose says:

Yeah, cos Cas is sooooo mature, isn’t he? Watch him put Sam in a coma just to get his way. So mature. Some temper tantrum.

• Jeff says:

Haha, how is she trying to destroy the character of Dean?

My god, the Sam and Dean fangirls are pathetic.

• Shaula says:

I think the “daughters” are the one doing the killing for some reason. I think she’ll try to kill Dean and Sam will save him.

16. Amy says:

I also have to note….this is just a teaser snippet of the plot. When has anything ever been what it seems on Supernatural? There’ll be some twist we don’t know about. We’ll probably find all is not what it appears to be. There’s bound to be a lot more to this story than just this snippet! So I’m going to wait to watch it before I pass any kind of judgement on it. Justsayin…

17. Ilyas says:

I live in Ithaca,NY.And I live 1/4 away from the mall,the mall in Ithaca is where the 2cw matches will be.So of course I’m coming,and I can’t wait.I’m coming at like 6:30 P.M,where they’ll get the seats for the matches for the 2cw audiences.

18. Ilyas says:

19. Lauren says:

I miss the cinematography style of the first two seasons :(

20. Ray says:

Do the writers fron “Angel” get writing credit for this episode. See if this sounds familiar. Cordelia has a one night stand with a guy, within 24 hours she is ready to deliver a demon spawn. Then Dean… I mean Angel has to help destroy the demon. BTW, just kidding. “Supernatural” is one of my favs.

21. love-spn says:

Hey, that means Dean didn’t use a condom. Maybe he’ll get monster VD or maybe give the monster something and she does from it…

22. Ella says:

I’d like to finally see a body swap episode with Sam and Dean, rather than Sam and some random horny kid. I think that would really give the actors a chance to shine, to play each other after 7 years of working together and really knowing the characters.

23. Sara says:

This hasn’t even aired and I already feel like it was a horrible idea. It might be interesting to watch, but in the storyline it couldn’t be more horribly placed. Dean JUST got out of that weird depressive state he has been in ALL season and now he’s going to either have to watch his brother or is going to have to kill his “daughter.” And yeah, she’s not really his daughter per say, but for man to whom family is everything and who she might represent his only chance to procreate, it is going to suck! I don’t see how he will walk out well from this. Not to mention poor Sammy, who’s fighting hallucinations and now has to worry about being the sane one and the one to watch out for Dean. It could even create a distance between the brothers and really, I don’t see how that could be helpful at all right now. I just don’t see how this can end in anything but disaster for the boys, and is that really what they need at the moment?

24. Dave says:

So this season’s big story arc turns out to be Sam & Dean in a battle to the death with….filler.
    Episode sounds Zzzzzzz…….like the rest of the season. Honestly who’d bother watching any of this season’s stuff again?

• Jeff says:

Really? Who would bother watching ANY of this season’s stuff again? So the first two episodes, which were great; “Death’s Door”, one of the best episodes of the series; and the fantastic “Time After Time” aren’t worth watching again? Hyperbole, much? Stop with the “filler” crap too. This is Supernatural, not Lost. It’s a monster-of-the-week STYLE show. Has been for 7 years.

• Jamie says:

For me the episodes 7×01, 7×02, 7×06, 7×09, 7×10, 7×12 very excellent. The only episodes I really didn’t like this season were 7×03 (the Amy business), and the Wedding one. And since every season has a few missteps, there really is no reason to bash the season. If someone doesn’t like it, he should just do us all a favor and just watch something else or at least stop with the whinning after every spoiler.

25. Rebekah says:

Okay…First let me say I am a fan of the show. However, I have missed the past couple of new episodes of this new season. So someone please tell me, when did Dean bang this chick? Oh and has everyone forgotten how crappy the storyline got last season? They totally jumped the shark…..with all that levithan b.s. , talk about scraping the bottom of a slime Crap barrel. Now the storylines are all over the place? It’s insane. I know the show has always been dark, but come on, it at least connected the dots. These writers need to either get it together or do like the levithan and eat their own head for their FUBAR to the show.

26. Hali says:

If it does turn out to be demon spawn, then they lifted this story line straight from Angel (and the show is soooo much better than stealing story lines) >.<. Compared to this season, season six was gold @_@.

27. SharkNumber50000 says:

So let me get this straight: back in season 3 where we weren’t annoyed by Lisa as much as we got to be in season 5 fans were in love with the idea of Ben and Dean somehow being related (we all wished it at some point dont you DARE try to hide it! ;) ) And now that the Bradens are wherever they are, and we had Dean to deal with a brat a couple of weeks ago there he is again with another kid?….
    Whatever I can’t type with all of this anger… Supernatural apparently needs to jump more than one shark… Instead of having role reversals and Dean trying to have a family elsewhere why don’t you take time to bring the brothers together and actually have a hunt together???? Leave the children to fan fictions, since apparently fans can write better stories (where “uncle Sam” would actually care).

28. Jess says:

Hmmm, everybody is assuming Jared meant the daughter. What if the brothers disagree about the trustworthiness of the mother. A spoiler in the past said sth like, Dean will have a lot in common with her, and then he will be stunned when she gives him the cold shoulder.
    And then the daughter sacrifices herself/saves her father and/or uncle by killing her mother (which would kinda be like Amy) and the other evil Amazons. It would be a preferable alternative to the redundant brother drama.
    I still hpe the writters are not quite so predictable. Hope springs eternal ^^

29. Kristal says:

Okay, I love Supernatural; its one of my favourite show. But the writers seriously need to stop getting their ideas from ‘Doctor Who’.
    First Dean kills “Amy Pond”. That is not a common name and the actress playing her looks a lot like Karen Gillian.
    And now Dean gets an instant daughter just like the 10th Doctor got Jenny. I think its great that people are watching Doctor Who, but it gets annoying when its way too obvious.

30. silver says:

I find it sadly pathetic at seeing, time after time, how much Padalecki enjoys taking Dean’s storylines and applying them to Sam. Is there nothing that Dean can have that is his own without Padalecki coveting it?

• Milly says:

Wow, are you for real.
      First of all Dean is a fictional character on a show while Jared is an actual person, so your bashing is way out of line (especially since you have zero proof for your accusations).
      And secondly the writers decide what each character does or says on the show not the actors themselves. And a rose reversal is not stealing a storyline, for crying out loud it’s repeating one.
      You extreme girls should really stop showing your delusions. In case you didn’t notice normal fans are laughing at you.

• wendy says:

Now silver, I don’t think that’s fair. I don’t believe Jared is doing that. When a certain actor from any show is being interviewed, it’s only natural that the questions are going to be about the certain character that that actor portrays. Why would the interviewer ask about other characters when interviewing Jared? No, Jared is going to talk about his own character, which makes perfect sense. Come on now, these two guys love eachother. I don’t believe Jared would shortchange Jensen nor do I think Jensen would shortchange Jared.

• Jane says:

Wendy, I wholeheartedly agree!
        Jared is a VERY real person, not a character and I just don’t understand why some people continuously feel the need to bash him as a person and even his character at times – it just makes NO sense – neither Jared nor Jensen do any of the writing for “Supernatural” and neither of them have ANY say as to what happens with their characters, where the story arc should go, etc.
        Furthermore,from anything I’ve ever heard, read, seen or know for a fact, Jared is supposed to be one of the nicest guys out there and has a huge heart and would do anything for anybody!
        I’ve heard wonderful things about Jensen too, but he doesn’t seem to get the disrespect and bashing that Jared does and in spite of both guys being happily married to wonderful women, both Jared and Jensen still find the time and interest, in remaining best friends and buddies in real life and as close to real brothers as people could ever hope for!
        I just don’t understand all the cruelty regarding Jared – he’s an outstanding actor, (just like Jensen) and a truly beautiful person inside and out, (just like Jensen), but for some reason he doesn’t get the respect and love that Jensen gets!

31. ingrid says:

WTH are you talking about? You are not making sense. Dean was an angel vessel before Sam, or did you forget that?

32. WENDY says:

Hey, I loved Lost until they failed to explain so much and left so many questions unanswered, just like I loved X-Files until they did the same thing LOL. I sure hope when Supernatural comes to an end, the wrap up will be more satifying.
    I really think at least two things will happen; they finally find God, you know, THE God, and I believe Dean will finally die for good, when Sam no longer needs him to look out for him anymore. It’s not that I want Dean to die, it just seems that he was supposed to have died a long time ago,and if you remember the Tess episode, them coming back has had major repercussions in the universe. When Sam gets to a point where he can face down Lucifer for good and win, I believe Dean will no longer get anymore extensions. I think the brothers will finally be separated in this life, and we’ll see Sam when his time finally comes, and he’s reunited in Heaven with Dean,Dad, Mom, Jess, Bobby, etc. I think that would be a strong finish.

33. WENDY says:

Well, ok Jamie, but I still think Sam has had better storylines overall, but I guess it’s a matter of different perspective.
    I really don’t want either one to get a better storyline than the other. They can have different but equally important arcs that come together to make the full story. Actually, although it always seems to be Dean who gets the comical lines, I seen Sam get a few here and there and I’d like to see more of that. Let’s see more funny Sam! I think he was hilarious in Changing Channels. As for Dean, I’d really like to see him have a love story. Not a meaningless sex story mind you, but to see him really fall in love, like Sam did with Madison ( was that her name?)I never really bought into the Lisa thing.

34. Brenda says:

Where is Misha Collins? The show isn’t the same without him..

35. QWERTY says:

I have a question… If these monsters grow up in an instant, wont Dean’s daughther just grow old and die in a couple of days?? I know that sounds harsh, but think about it. Unless, to add drama, they slow down growth upon reaching their teens.

36. casammy says:

I start believing that he is a dean who ends up by killing her, we are going to see, anyway I do not believe that she remains alive and if he is sam who the amta, probably dean gets angry but not in a lot of time, his annoyance is never long with referenciqa to sam, do what it does it continues being his bad-mannered kid and does not go to take a tantrum as that of sammy when amy’s topic

37. LadyReaper says:

You know, I may be in the minority here, but as a very new fan to the show, I’ve got to say, people aren’t giving the writers much credit here.

Yes, I’ve watched everything, from season 1 onwards. I’m completely caught up. Yes, I know seasons 6 and 7 aren’t as awesome as 1 and 5. But you know, what a lot of people seem to forget is that it’s damn HARD to come up with fresh ideas for ONE bloody episode, let alone a whole damn season. I don’t think the show is going downhill. Actually, I’m thinking it’s doing much better than I thought it would. Every show has its slumps, and this is one of them. But by God, though the overreaching story arcs aren’t as good as the ones before, seasons 6 and 7 have given us some of the best episodes of the series, such as Death’s Door.

One of the great things about Supernatural is that I can see the writers doing their best in everything. Sam isn’t the same as he was in season 1. Neither is Dean. But that’s to be expected. In fact, you’d better be glad it’s this way; it’s called character development. And the fact that they are “switching roles”? You call it running out of ideas; I call it creativity. This is a character developing, getting deeper and new sides without losing who they are. Those who cannot see the ingenious in this has either been blinded by their own bias or haven’t really thought about it.

I sympathize with the writers of this show because I myself am an aspiring writer. I know how hard it can be to get the ideas flowing. I know how much time and effort is placed into each word placed on a piece of paper. People tend to forget that writing is a PROCESS, and that it will never be perfect. I applaud Kripke, and I applaud Gamble because they are keeping the show alive and interesting. They do what they want with the writing, which is a lot to say for many writers nowadays. I applaud for their creativity, and I applaud them for doing what they can with post-apocolyptic seasons.

I get sad when I realize how little people take into account the difficulty of coming up with ideas for seasons that weren’t even supposed to exist. As I have stated before, all shows have their slumps, and for Supernatural to be able to call 6 and 7 “slumps” is amazing. If these two seasons were their own shows with different characters, it could have been someone else’s “best”. True, Supernatural has so much more potential that can be tapped into, but I see these seasons as a process of tearing back into the roots of Supernatural- two brothers on a journey, fighting monsters, saving people….hunting things. Each character is developed in their own way. Sam is developed through the experiences, Dean is developed through the emotions. I find it interesting that most fans expected it the other way around. That in itself gives people an idea of how much skill was put into the planning.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that it would be a hideous understatement to call these seasons “okay”, and an insult to call them “bad”. It’s good writing. It’s very good writing. But the current arc isn’t completely fleshed out yet, so it’s a bit like using a gold shovel to dig a hole. However, I suspect that everything that has been presented is going to contribute to something MUCH bigger than any of us can imagine, and the show will shoot back up to its full potential.

• Jane says:

Kudos to you LadyReaper for your Post and welcome aboard the “Supernatural” Express – it’s a wonderful place to be and being an occasional writer myself, I agree 100% with your comments and your inspiring insight, intellect and POV; (I’m a professional musician MOST of the time, but I now and again, I find myself composing not just music, but scripts, letters, stories, etc. for literary purposes, as well) and really appreciate what you said, how you said it and the time and thought you put into your comments – it was mature and heartfelt and exactly how I feel about the show, the awesome lead actors, Jared and Jensen, the terrific writers and the amazingly wonderful and highly interesting and well-developed and realistic characters that Jared and Jensen play and portray each and every episode so effectively, honestly and realistically!
      Thanks for the refreshing insight and maturity!
      I wish there was so much more of it especially on these Message Boards, rather than just complaints and bashing!

38. jami says:

I’ve been skimming through all of your comments and I’m just beside myself wondering what people are thinking. Obviously this is a great show or you wouldn’t be tuning in to watch it. These actors do a wonderful job playing these characters. I’ve been hooked since the first episode. Every new episode is exciting. All this bickering over the actors stealing lines and which actors are better is crazy to me. Each of these actors plays an important role to the show and I have enjoyed every episode. Everything can’t be 50/50 all the time…it all equals out in the end. I will admit I was sad to see characters leave the show that really made an impact on the storylines but hopefully some or all will return in the end. (which hopefully isn’t for a long time lol)

• Jane says:

Amen, Jami – I agree 120% with your comment – kudos to you and thanks for the support of the show…there isn’t enough support and love for it and it’s great to see that you feel that way – I wish MORE people did!