TVLine Items: Victor Garber Visits The Big C, Treme Season 3 Pushed to Fall and More!

Victor Garber is Big C-bound.

The Alias alum has landed a guest spot in the upcoming third season of the Showtime dramedy (premiering Sunday, April 8), playing a man who causes a lot of trouble for John Benjamin Hickey’s Sean.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• HBO tells NOLA.com that it plans to delay Treme‘s third season until fall. The New Orleans-based drama has in previous years enjoyed a spring run.

• Kevin Nealon has been cast opposite Marcia Gay Harden in NBC’s comedy pilot, Isabel, Deadline reports. The Weeds vet will play the father of the series’ magical titular character.

• Rizzoli & Isles’ Lee Thompson Young will guest star in the penultimate episode of CSI: NY‘s eighth season, TVGuide.com reports, playing the victim of a violent armed robbery.

• Grimm has cast Bree Turner (Rules of Engagement, Undressed) in a recurring role as a woman from a long line of fox-like creatures known as Fuchsbau, per EW.com.

• Discovery has ordered Unchained Reaction, a new six-part competition series in which people attempt to build the most massive chain reaction contraption, per Deadline. Mythbusters‘ Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman will host and exec-produce the show.

• An evil goatee-donning group of Greendale Human Beings gathered in Los Angeles Thursday night to participate in a musical flash mob performance of Season 3′s “Baby Boomer Santa” in honor of NBC’s benched Community — and , shocker, the whole thing was caught on tape (press play below)!

Loading video...

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (11)

• Can TVLine please give us some info on what is going to air this summer on HBO? It`s just like True Blood after june. And i hope Newsroom from Aaron Sorkin will air this summer, it could fit right there before Treme and Boardwalk Empire starts in the fall.

Comment by Stephen – January 20, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Newsroom will most likely air in the fall as well.

Perhaps HBO will schedule the second season of Enlightened after True Blood. Or Curb Your Enthusiasm. Who knows.

Comment by Chmarin – January 20, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Victor Garber, sir, you are needed back over at Glee to attend your son Will’s wedding to Emma Pillsbury. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by B – January 20, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see you guys covering the Save Community flash mob! It looked like a lot of fun and I’m glad that they are still generating some buzz!

Comment by Mandy Kilinskis – January 20, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed, it warmed that cold black pit in my chest where you Human Beings have a heart

Comment by Carmichael – January 20, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • POP POP!

Comment by Garnet_and_Gold47 – January 20, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rats, this was SO close to being a perfect story… if Victor Garber was going to be guesting on TREME. Soooo cloooooose…

Comment by Simon Jester – January 20, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch Victor Garber read the phone book.

Comment by stevie – January 20, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darnit, I couldn’t get this video to play. I will have to find it somewhere else, I guess. Megan, I do appreciate the scoop on Treme, I have anxiously been awaiting for that show’s return. I freaking love it. I am sorry I will have to wait until fall to see it again (as HBO is pulling a “Psych”), but it’s nice to know I will be able to see it one day.

Comment by Amber – January 20, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Victor Garber, even if I have to watch that steaming pile known as The Big C to see him. Is there a more self-righteous show on television? I kind of love to hate it.

Comment by Alan – January 21, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see some Ron Rifkin & Victor Garber on recurring tv…in some JJ Abrams show (Alcatraz, Fringe)

Comment by Aria – January 22, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post