Is Parenthood Too Chatty? What Is Finn Thinking? Is J.Lo Dissing Randy? And More TV Questions!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we are going to throw at you, from shows including How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Parenthood, American Idol and Happy Endings!

1 | Who else loved the Memento homage on Chuck? And Sarah Walker as the Intersect 3.0? Holy. Crap.

| Is Once Upon a Time‘s Evil Queen exclusively styled by Jean-Paul Gaultier? (Not that we’re complaining. At all.)

| Is there any living being that The Good Wife‘s Kalinda does not have chemistry with? And on a related note, how about Life on Mars alum Jennifer Ferrin’s transformation from mousy Unforgettable guest star to “hottie geek woman”?

| For a spy-in-training, shouldn’t Pan Am‘s Kate be more aware of her loud, clacking heels?

| Are Desperate Housewives‘ writers trying to cement Susan’s position as the dumbest character in TV history? Seriously, you go to the home of the man whose body you helped bury in the woods, engage in suspicious conversation with his widow and stepdaughter, then leave a signed check with your name and address in their possession?

| Was How I Met Your Mother paying homage to this low-budget Russian version of the show? And was anyone else expecting American Horror Story‘s Tate to pop up when Marshall invaded the basement?

| Hawaii Five-0‘s Kamekona sure likes his [FAST FOOD CHAIN NAME REDACTED UNTIL WE SEE A RED CENT] sandwiches, doesn’t he?

| Should we all work to make Bachelor bait Elyse’s wild-eyed, incredulous “Who is she?” the first big TV catchphrase of 2012? (These girls have already gotten the ball rolling.)

| So, Pretty Little Liars‘ Lucas has been acting like a creepy, psychotic “A” ripoff because… he felt bad about losing Caleb’s money? C’mon.

10 | Is the Parenthood cast encouraged by producers to jump on their co-stars’ lines, or is that just a creative decision they collectively made to drive home the show’s authentic vibe? Either way, it’s getting really out of hand. To the point where it’s almost impossible to understand what anyone is saying.

Glee First Look: Meet Rachel’s Gay Dads!

11 | Why do so many teens on TV – from Gilmore Girls to One Tree Hill to now Glee — think getting married while still in high school or just barely out of it is a good idea? And was anyone else too distracted by the sight of Artie rolling into the pool to focus on the Will/Emma proposal?

12 | Anyone else pleasantly surprised by 90210‘s really well-executed baby twist?

13 | Did Raising Hope boss Greg Garcia have any difficulty sliding by the Fox brass Virginia’s plug for NBC’s “smart” comedies?

14 | Is Happy Endings‘ Alex getting progressively dumber? Elisha Cuthbert is really funny with her deliveries, but we don’t remember Alex being this much of an airhead in Season 1.

15 | Harry Connick Jr. is usually bubbling over with charisma, so why was his new Law & Order: SVU stud a bit of a dud? We’re happy to see Liv gettin’ some action, but this guy needs to emote.

16 | We get it, Charlize Theron is stunning, but why did Top Chef‘s Tom Colicchio deem it appropriate to relentlessly flirt with the guest judge during the elimination challenge?

17 | Was it just the editing, or is American Idol‘s Jennifer Lopez starting to show open disdain for Randy Jackson’s singular brand of verbal diarrhea?

18 | Who else shrieked with excitement during the last seconds of this week’s Vampire Diaries? Wish fulfilled!

19 | Zachary Quinto kinda sorta has to now pop up on The Big Bang Theory, right? Does Evil Wil Wheaton need a sidekick?

20 | This has been nagging us for a few weeks, but why did Up All Night change its marvelous opening credits — which quickly recapped Reagan and Chris’ life — to a hodgepodge of pics that paint them as party animals and highlight Reagan’s work buddies? Perhaps a more grievous offense: Is baby Amy getting a lot less face time?

Project Runway All-Stars Recap: The Days of Swine and Poses

21 | Just to be clear: Project Runway All Stars doesn’t feature Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Nina Garcia or Michael Kors? Perhaps they should titled it Project Runway All Substitutes?

22 | Did The Soup‘s (admittedly very amusing) merkin shtick between Joel McHale and Lucy Lawless ring any bells for anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Ausiello?

23 | Anyone else rooting for Bobby Newport on Parks and Recreation, if only to see Paul Rudd on a weekly basis?

24 | Really? Entertainment Tonight‘s top two stories on Thursday were about the severed head found near the Hollywood sign and the cruise ship disaster in Italy? What does either have to do with showbiz?

1. Captain says:

The twist was admittedly good but honestly how did Silver date the guy for months (or even weeks) without knowing his daughter’s name? How many little Mazys are there in Los Angeles? This basically opens up two scenarios. 1) Silver knew her name was Mazy and didn’t clue in to the fact it was Adrianna’s daughter. 2) He never told her his child’s name. I have a hard time believing she wouldn’t immediately suspect she was Adrianna’s daughter when she heard the name but I have an even harder time accepting that he believed Silver was ready to meet his daughter when he hadn’t even told her, her name.

2. I can't believe I'm writing about Glee says:

While Finn proposing to Rachel was a very sweet scene, and the actors were so good in it, I don’t think it’s a good idea for them to get married so young. But I kinda understand why Finn proposed to Rachel, his image about his father was shattered and suddenly his life has become this unstable place. And he wants to hold onto the one special thing in his life, and that’s Rachel. It’s not a good reason to propose, but he’s a confused kid. And I have a feeling that the proposal won’t turn out to be that well for both Finn and Rachel. I love those two, but they need to grow up first.

3. Anna says:

#16, all I care about is that Beverly’s gone! (Trust me; i’ve been forced to do team projects with people like her…)

4. CodySouix says:

#10. Christina IS SO annoying!!! So controlling and YES WAY TOO CHATTY!!! Dial it back Christina!!! PLEASE Show is great except she gets on my nerves so bad its like nails on a chalk board. Either a total nervous Nelly who talks over everyone or always telling her husband what to do.

5. Winnie says:

11 – Yes on the Artie thing; Not necessarily on the marriage thing. I know 2 couples who got engaged in High School. One married shortly thereafter and are still happily together (no kids until 5 years in). The other couple married 2 years later and are still happy together, both annoying and exciting each other on a regular basis as friends and lovers. Statistics don’t paint a good picture for high school sweethearts, but sometimes it works. However, I’m not a fan of Rachel accepting on Glee. Finn and Rachel should wait and see what their future actually holds. The couples I referenced had their futures planned out (though “life is what happens when you’re busy planning your future).

2 – Yes, bitch. Hansel & Gretel costuming was like “Pimp Couture”, though…

23 – I’m rooting for Bobby Newport to stay in just because 1) I want to hear Ben, Tom, and Jerry/Gary do their best voice-over “Bobby Newport” impressions; 2) I love where they went with the character, and his ties to the Sweet-ums fortune.

15 – I kinda liked that he didn’t come out of the gate like I expected. I really like Harry Connick, Jr. as a musician and an actor, and hope they’ll utilize him well. Hell, I hope the character sings (yeah, I’m a show “ruiner”!)

6. Carrie says:

18 – YES! Best moment of television all month! I have been waiting all year for Elijah’s return. Are we supposed to dislike the originals? Because I’m not ashamed to say that Elijah is my favorite character. Like, more than any of the regular characters. It’s been so hard watching Vampire Diaries without my favorite character. Even when he betrays Stefan and Elena last year, I still love him!

• lacey fitzwater says:

I didn’t like the originals at first but they definately grew on me. TVD probably does want us to like/care about the originals or wouldn’t have given them backstories. As for shrieking with excitement at seeing Elijah, yep, that was my reaction.

7. Silkrose says:

Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Nina Garcia or Michael Kors?

The only one of these four that I miss is Tim Gunn. Nina is too nasty, Michael is too orange and I am sick of hearing Heidi say “hunnert dollars”

8. Kimm says:

#10 is spot on. It has gotten out of hand..and add the whining to it. 1st season it was just Lauren Graham, now it’s Monica Potter, and Dax Shepard. Even Craig T. Nelson is whining now. It’s just too much. And…don’t get me started on how they got rid of Michael B. Jordan.

• lj says:

I think Lauren Graham has gotten a lot less whiny this season. Agree on the rest of this things and will add in Adam as an offender too.

9. Lauren says:

I agree with the Parenthood one (think its #10). Is it me or does it seem like a lot of the characters are whiny. I still like the show though.

10. Jilly says:

Good Lord, is Parenthood chatty. I try to watch it but it just leaves me so disinterested in the characters. Maybe something about watching a upper middle class white family talk on and on about their ‘problems’ is just not that interesting or compelling. At least Modern Family (upper middle class too) leaves me laughing. Just what I need.

11. Pamela says:

While I love “Parenthood” and I loved the fast banter on “Gilmore Girls” I agree that this over stepping on each other’s lines by most of the cast members gets very annoying.

12. rj55 says:

exactly how i felt i am guessing this is what will bring silver and ade closer again…also im annoyed by annie cant she just leave!!

13. lj says:

#15: Yep, I love Harry Jr. but this seemed so forced. I kind of prefer Liv with Andre Braugher’s character.

#23: Totally think Newport will win. Almost totally fine that if it means more Paul Rudd!

14. Jane says:

The “Finn proposing” story is very in keeping with the extreme nature of Glee in all the right ways, and it was written to clearly show how both how sweet this is for a 18/17 year old couple and how problematic it is to think that either of them are close to ready to taking such a step. It also provides a lens to heighten the stakes for the choices they make about themselves & their futures individually and as a couple for the remainder of the season.

Anyone who thinks that this is the beginning of “happily ever after” with a clear road ahead doesn’t have any good sense about the flow of shows, and clearly hasn’t paid a bit of attention to Glee since it started. This show always brings things to a point of all seeming great with Finn & Rachel and then plummets them into high levels of stress that force the characters to take more steps toward growing up. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, that is also what’s going on here.

Pay attention to the story and don’t jump to conclusions and make assumptions; wait to see how it all unfolds.

15. Angela says:

#22-yeah, that whole bit sorta confused me, too. I tend to like it when there aren’t a bunch of people dropping in on the “Soup” set-bring a guest along every now and again, sure, but I like my straightforward snark-fest with as little interruption as possible.

#24-Ugh. YES. I barely ever watch those entertainment shows for that very reason-the way they cover some stories really makes my head hurt-and like stated, some of them are too serious to be considered “entertainment fare”.

16. Hiya! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice info you could have right here on this post.
    I shall be coming back to your blog for extra soon.