Revenge Scoop: Rome Star to Romance Victoria

Get More: Casting News, Spoilers

It’s out with the old (later, Conrad) and in with the new (hello, hunk from Rome!) for Victoria Grayson.

James Purefoy has landed a recurring gig on ABC’s Revenge playing a new love interest for Madeline Stowe’s Hamptons schemer.

Beginning in Episode 17, the soon-to-be-divorced Victoria is “going to have a big, passionate love affair” with Purefoy’s mystery man, Stowe tells The Insider.com (which first broke the casting scoop).

Purefoy joins an ever-growing list of Revenge guest stars, which include Courtney B. Vance as a high-powered defense attorney in the upcoming murder trial, and William Devane as the Grayson family patriarch.

Comments (27)

• I’ve loved him ever since Rome, I can’t wait for him to hit Revenge!

Comment by Katie – January 20, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the teaser and thought, “Ooh, I hope it’s James Purefoy!”
    Awesome news!

Comment by Wendy – January 20, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im going to guess that Emily most likely hires him to make her fall in love with him then for him to break her heart or something.

Comment by Jake – January 20, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great prediction!

Comment by DL – January 20, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love James Purefoy. I think Victoria will somehow blame the shooting on the beach on Dominick (Jame Purefoy) The sketch could pass. I would not put it past her to throw Dominick to the wolves once she gets through with him. A Mother like that would do anything like that to same her son.

Comment by Twi – April 19, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love him. I can’t wait to see him on Revenge.

Comment by AtiaoftheJulii1 – January 20, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely love him! Great casting choice.

Now I just pray this show doesn’t screw up the whole murder on the beach stuff, because I have this terrible fear that its going to be a major letdown after what was promised in the premiere.

Comment by Valerie – January 20, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he is shirtless A LOT!

Comment by Joanne – January 20, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch Revenge, but I might have to tune in to see these episodes. I met James Purefoy in 2009, and he was the nicest man. First person to wish me happy birthday that day, too!

Comment by Pattie – January 20, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love James Purefoy!

So excited to see him on Revenge.

Comment by Eliza – January 20, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s awesome. One of my favourite shows is stocking up on great guest stars. This week’s episode was amazing – can’t wait to see what they come up with next!

Comment by bitchstolemyremote – January 20, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any idea if S2 of Revenge will still be about Emily vs the Graysons? Kind of seems like they are covering a lot of ground with the 22 eps planned for this year and I saw something about moving the locale for Revenge to FL (possibly next year). Would love to know if anyone has found reliable information going out past the end of S1.

Comment by Um – January 20, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Season 2 will be Victoria versus Emily or maybe Daniel getting back at Emily or pretty much everyone against Emily for destroying them.

Comment by Danny – January 20, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may have to actually watch the show now. Love James Purefoy. He was awesome in Rome.

Comment by Kelly – January 20, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I was hoping Victoria would get a love interest.

Comment by Kate – January 20, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just wondering….did I miss the Revenge recap from this weeks episode? Just had a couple of things I figured it would clear up.

Comment by J – January 20, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes… Marc Anthony has found his new Cleo….

Long live the XIII.

Comment by the13 – January 20, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I just love him. Yay! Anytime I get to watch him is a treat. A lovely man and a lovely actor.

Comment by charissa29 – January 20, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if this means it’s not Daniel that gets shot…seems unlikely she would start dating someone so soon after her son is killed.

Comment by Kristina – January 20, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree hopefully this means Daniel doesn’t die because I can’t see her starting a big love affair if her son has just be killed

Comment by Cara – January 20, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This solidifies my prediction. Conrad is the one to die in the 15th episode, not Daniel.

Comment by Ro – January 20, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It cannot be Conrad, since he’s present at the party (standing with chapmagne) behind Victoria while someone is getting shot at the beach.

Comment by archie – January 20, 2012 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it possible it is daniel getting shot at the beach and he lives? Then Emily would have so much guilt she would have to stay with him?

Comment by Lara – January 21, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I finally figured out my theory about the beach. Emily’s father has really been alive all this time, but now will be dead as he gets shot by Daniel on the beach for supposedly raping his mom and fathering Charlotte. Anyone with me? I’ve been thinking all along he hasn’t been dead, so him dying on the beach bums me out! Pure speculation of course, but I rewatched the beach seen and the guy on the beach looks like he has lighter colored slightly curly/wavy hair…just like Em’s dad! But why does Em wipe sand off her hand while standing at the ice sculpture? unless she really was walking with Daniel on the beach, but then why did she act like she was trying to hide it? I can’t wait for the reveal!!!!

Comment by J – January 22, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that would be beach *scene*…so excited about the show! lol

Comment by J – January 22, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And maybe Charlotte found out and that’s why Declan calls Charlotte over and she’s upset, and runs calling for her mom?

Comment by J – January 22, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ANTONY!!!! I have loved James Purefoy since Rome (I even watched the horrible Camelot on Starz unti they killed his character), and I’m beyond thrilled that he’s going to be on my favorite show! Now if only Revenge could find a role for Polly Walker (Atia), my dream of seeing James and Polly reunited on screen would be realized.

Comment by Nadia – January 26, 2012 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post