Revenge Scoop: Rome Star to Romance Victoria

It’s out with the old (later, Conrad) and in with the new (hello, hunk from Rome!) for Victoria Grayson.

James Purefoy has landed a recurring gig on ABC’s Revenge playing a new love interest for Madeline Stowe’s Hamptons schemer.

Beginning in Episode 17, the soon-to-be-divorced Victoria is “going to have a big, passionate love affair” with Purefoy’s mystery man, Stowe tells The Insider.com (which first broke the casting scoop).

Purefoy joins an ever-growing list of Revenge guest stars, which include Courtney B. Vance as a high-powered defense attorney in the upcoming murder trial, and William Devane as the Grayson family patriarch.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Spoilers

1. Katie says:

I’ve loved him ever since Rome, I can’t wait for him to hit Revenge!

2. Wendy says:

I saw the teaser and thought, “Ooh, I hope it’s James Purefoy!”
    Awesome news!

3. Jake says:

Im going to guess that Emily most likely hires him to make her fall in love with him then for him to break her heart or something.

• DL says:

Great prediction!

• Twi says:

I love James Purefoy. I think Victoria will somehow blame the shooting on the beach on Dominick (Jame Purefoy) The sketch could pass. I would not put it past her to throw Dominick to the wolves once she gets through with him. A Mother like that would do anything like that to same her son.

4. AtiaoftheJulii1 says:

I love him. I can’t wait to see him on Revenge.

5. Valerie says:

Absolutely love him! Great casting choice.

Now I just pray this show doesn’t screw up the whole murder on the beach stuff, because I have this terrible fear that its going to be a major letdown after what was promised in the premiere.

6. Joanne says:

I hope he is shirtless A LOT!

7. Pattie says:

I don’t even watch Revenge, but I might have to tune in to see these episodes. I met James Purefoy in 2009, and he was the nicest man. First person to wish me happy birthday that day, too!

8. Eliza says:

I love James Purefoy!

So excited to see him on Revenge.

9. That’s awesome. One of my favourite shows is stocking up on great guest stars. This week’s episode was amazing – can’t wait to see what they come up with next!

10. Um says:

Any idea if S2 of Revenge will still be about Emily vs the Graysons? Kind of seems like they are covering a lot of ground with the 22 eps planned for this year and I saw something about moving the locale for Revenge to FL (possibly next year). Would love to know if anyone has found reliable information going out past the end of S1.

• Danny says:

I think Season 2 will be Victoria versus Emily or maybe Daniel getting back at Emily or pretty much everyone against Emily for destroying them.

11. Kelly says:

I may have to actually watch the show now. Love James Purefoy. He was awesome in Rome.

12. Kate says:

Yay! I was hoping Victoria would get a love interest.

13. J says:

Just wondering….did I miss the Revenge recap from this weeks episode? Just had a couple of things I figured it would clear up.

14. the13 says:

Yes… Marc Anthony has found his new Cleo….

Long live the XIII.

15. charissa29 says:

Oh, I just love him. Yay! Anytime I get to watch him is a treat. A lovely man and a lovely actor.

16. Kristina says:

I wonder if this means it’s not Daniel that gets shot…seems unlikely she would start dating someone so soon after her son is killed.

17. Cara says:

I agree hopefully this means Daniel doesn’t die because I can’t see her starting a big love affair if her son has just be killed

18. Ro says:

This solidifies my prediction. Conrad is the one to die in the 15th episode, not Daniel.

19. archie says:

It cannot be Conrad, since he’s present at the party (standing with chapmagne) behind Victoria while someone is getting shot at the beach.

20. Lara says:

Is it possible it is daniel getting shot at the beach and he lives? Then Emily would have so much guilt she would have to stay with him?

21. J says:

I finally figured out my theory about the beach. Emily’s father has really been alive all this time, but now will be dead as he gets shot by Daniel on the beach for supposedly raping his mom and fathering Charlotte. Anyone with me? I’ve been thinking all along he hasn’t been dead, so him dying on the beach bums me out! Pure speculation of course, but I rewatched the beach seen and the guy on the beach looks like he has lighter colored slightly curly/wavy hair…just like Em’s dad! But why does Em wipe sand off her hand while standing at the ice sculpture? unless she really was walking with Daniel on the beach, but then why did she act like she was trying to hide it? I can’t wait for the reveal!!!!

22. Nadia says:

ANTONY!!!! I have loved James Purefoy since Rome (I even watched the horrible Camelot on Starz unti they killed his character), and I’m beyond thrilled that he’s going to be on my favorite show! Now if only Revenge could find a role for Polly Walker (Atia), my dream of seeing James and Polly reunited on screen would be realized.