Exclu-Hiss-ive First Look: Grimm's Snake Man!

Tonight’s all-new Grimm introduces two new creatures — one good and one evil incarnate — and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the polar opposite man beasts.

In the episode, titled “Of Mouse and Man,” Nick learns that a seemingly mild-mannered resident could be festering a potential monster created from a dark childhood.

The former (played by Lost‘s Fred Koehler) is called a Mauzhertz (bottom photo, below) and is an extremely timid mouse creature with beady eyes, whiskers, pointed nose and oversized teeth, while the latter (Leverage‘s Doug Brooks) is a Lausenschlange (top photo), a snake creature with a forked tongue and fangs who grips his victims like a boa constrictor. Grimm lore has it that Nick’s ancestor, Crawford, killed one by severing its head. Lausenschlange typically prey on lesser creatures, such as Mauzhertz.

Feast your eyes on the striking duo below and then see them in action tonight at 9/8c on NBC.

Photo: NBC, Special Effects: Bent Image Lab

Photo: NBC, Special Effects: Bent Image Lab

1. DL says:

Damn, that Lausenschlange looks awesome!

2. SK says:

I am so loving this show! Thanks for the photos.

3. Justin says:

Kind of reaching with that headline. Don’t you think?

4. Rometta Zebrowski says:

One of the best new shows this season! Can’t wait for the next episode!!

5. veronica avila says:

la serie de grimm me gusta mucho, es muy buena y tiene muy buenos efectos, y maquillaje. y muy guapo el protagonista q mas puedo pedir….. saludos

6. lame says:

Damn,reminds me of a girl I once dated.

7. Donald says:

I am truly digging this series. So clever and just the right amount of deftness. I like the fact that it is set in my home town.

8. ducky says:

I only started watching this series last week, and I was instantly hooked. I then spent the whole weekend catching up with the episodes I missed, and I can hardly wait for this new episode! Excellent writing, great characters, interesting twists on the old fairy tales. Then again, I should have known it would be good when I saw David Greenwalt and Richard Hatem’s names attached to it!

9. Angie mccarter says:

Who does the guy playing the snakeman on tonight play on leverage?

10. Wynnie says:

am i the only one who remembers seeing the snake guy before? on the cape?

11. Cheryl says:

I’m growing to love this show. Last weeks episode really upped the bar with the human side of this series. Hope the showrunner and writers continue to do this series justice and progress with it yet stay true to the story and its characters. Something most shows fail at these days.

12. s. says:

Nice effects! I’ve definitely enjoyed the mythology of the characters. I just can’t wait for the day that Nick (maybe some training) starts kicking some serious butt! Instead of getting tossed around everywhere like ping pong! C’mon you’re a Grimm!

13. Tay says:

Is it just me or does the mouse thing look weird?

14. Toto says:

Considering the gullibility of people, if I were part of the Portland bureau of tourism, I’d be upset. That place be riddled with goblins, man.

15. Soni says:

I love Grimm!!! The stories are great! Love Nick!! He is so naive about be a Grimm! I love his ingenuousness! I’m really like he is not a “superhero”, he is just a man with a mission… and he really don´t know which is his mission!! (and Monroe is a genious!!!)
    (sorry for my English)… Me encanta Grimm!!! Se ha transformado en mi serie favorita!! Me gusta que Nick no sea el heroe tipico, es solo un hombre que esta descubriendo quien es y su mision, es tan ingenuo y listo a la vez! (ademas de hiper buenmozo!!!). Y Monroe es genial!