Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Girls' Night Out, Beast's Beautiful Belle and a Runaway Groom

ABC continues to be not-at-all stingy with photos from forthcoming episodes of Once Upon a Time. The latest batch includes sneak peeks at the “Skin Deep” (airing Feb. 12 and featuring Lost‘s Emilie de Ravin as Belle) and “What Happened to Frederick” (airing Feb. 19 and looking chock-a-block with Snow/Charming/Mary/David angst).

“Skin Deep” is set on Valentine’s Day, and while Emma busies herself with some Mr. Gold drama, Mary Margaret, Ruby and Ashley (aka Cinderella’s alter ego, played by Jessy Schram) have a girls’ night out — with one of the gals appearing to take a huge step toward happily ever after.  Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Belle makes a deal in order to save her town from the horrors of the Ogre War, as seen in one green-screen image.

Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: A Heartbreaking Royal Wedding Nears, and Sexy Red Is Revealed

In “What Happened to Frederick,” Storybrooke’s David decides to tell Kathryn about his feelings for Mary Margaret, while Prince Charming, before bailing on his fiancee completely, agrees to help Abigail with a dangerous mission — one that appears to involve some sort of lady in a lake who, what, morphs into Snow…? I’m at a loss to interpret those pics. Take a look and make your own guess!

1. Allison says:

I think the lake lady can give the illusion of being someone else, and transforms into Snow because she can tell that is who the Prince loves.

2. Mico says:

I still remain to be a loyal follower of the show, but I just really wish for less stand-alone episodes, and more main plot development. I feel like most of the episodes (especially the ones centered on the “other” fairy tale characters) have been merely fillers, but I’m still giving the writers the benefit of the doubt that all those ties will connect in a mind-blowing fashion in the latter part of the season.

• Toto says:

I don’t agree. To me, the stand alone episodes are like a bedtime story about characters you already know. IMO, M*A*S*H was the best TV show ever, and their episodes could stand alone. That’s why the show lasted three times longer than the war it was set in. Personally, I want OUAT to last a long time, so the plot needn’t move too fast for me.I’m already stressing about how short a series Downton Abbey is, and don’t want the OUAT writers to tie things up too quickly.

• val says:

@ To be honest, Snow White/MM & Charming/David have been merely fillers, the core of the show is around Emma and her capacity happy endings to the fairy tales characters.

3. Steven says:

Does anybody think that Ruby looks a lot like Adrianna from 90210?

4. Amy says:

Poor Emilie! That wig they have on her is terrible…

5. May says:

Wasn’t Ashley supposed to be pregnant?

6. fotreya says:

Most magical show ever.
    I love it¡

7. Emily says:

Hooray, Emma loses the red leather jacket.

8. Katy says:

did I miss something…who is Abigail? The first pictures are definately not Snow but the later ones are….

9. Anne says:

Abigail is King Midas’ daughter, who is engaged to marry Prince Charming/James. In Storybrooke, she is Kathryn Nolan, David’s wife.

10. Julie says:

I am so super excited about these pictures!!! I thought we were going to have a hiatus between episode 9 and 10 because they only had 9 episodes filmed at first. SOOOOO happy that we’re not getting a break!!!
    Those pictures are awesome!! I’m curious about the lady in the lake thing and super psych because we’re going to get to Snow and Charming being together soon! So glad that they aren’t waiting 4 seasons to do that!
    … and that only can mean that they are actually kissing in that cabin… right???
    Glad that we’re getting Ashley again. I hope we get to know how are things with her baby :D And Sean proposing?!! *squee* I can’t wait!
    This show is by far the best thing this year!!!

11. Jen says:

I LOVE this show!

12. Jacqueline says:

Thanks for these pics, Matt. Looking forward to these episodes and very interested to see what happens next with Snow/Mary and Charming/David. Ginnifer Goodwin is doing a fantastic job in her role.

13. kabg says:

I love this show, it is my favorite for this season. And I love tvline. I was wondering why it isn’t under the “hot shows” tabs?

14. lolo says:

I’m guessing the lake lady isn’t Snow but a Siren…

15. Anon says:

Am I the only one who is UNIMPRESSED with Emilie as “Belle” thus far? Hopefully she will come and go very very quickly!

16. Shaylee says:

Im wondering if that is really Snow White. In 7:15, it says that Snow White makes a deal with Rumpelstiltskin. In one of the sneak peeks, Snow wants to get rid James from her mind. Maybe he turns her into that and she forgot everything about him???

17. Shaylee says:

I also found it amusing that when the woman is turned into Snow, James doesnt have his sword anymore

18. Laurien says:

Who is the blonde coming out of the water? Is that supposed to be Kathryn? Did they replace the actress that originally played her?

19. Blair says:

Wait isn’t that the guy from Psych playing the Beast, I thought he was supposed to be playing Gaston?

• Toto says:

His name is Sage Brocklebank and he is playing Gaston.

• Blair says:

Then why is he dressed in the beast colors (Blue and Gold), looking more like a royal or a nobleman rather than a French countrymen and most importantly ALIVE and standing next to the woman whose life he almost completely destroyed?

• Toto says:

IDK. All I know is that all of the show websites list him as Gaston and so does his own website. i guess we’ll find out.

• K.A says:

I am sorry to say this to you Blair, but I am pretty sure that this episode is planning on taking a dump on everything you love about the Classic Disney movie and completely miss the point. So there is no use comparing.

20. Zach Cole says:

The lady in the lake is a siren

21. Meo says:

Maybe something relating to the Little Mermaid. And that woman in the lake is…Ursula?

22. lagatasuperior says:

I think that the morph coming out of the lake is Ursula the sea witch from the little mermaid story.. The sea witch morphs to get the prince.