Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Grey's, Supernatural, NCIS, Hawaii Five-0, CSI, Bones and More!

Does Lexie Grey still exist? Why are the Winchesters trading places? What’s this about Tony DiNozzo and a kid?! Read on for those scoops, plus other teases from TV’s hottest shows.

Grey’s Anatomy | Leading off with a dip into the mailbag, @Humbugged tweets, “Is Lexie in the AU episode? She’s missing from the stills released.” You know, I assumed the younger Grey would be MIA from the alt-reality episode (just as Mark is). But while chatting with Kim Raver, Teddy’s portrayer let slip that while she herself isn’t in the episode, she did see Chyler Leigh on set in “alt” mode – and a Grey’s rep confirms that yes, we’ll see Lexie and “not in a way you’d expect.” (UPDATE: See screen grab from brand-new promo, at right. She’s like The Girl With the Dreadlocks and Tattoo.) As for why Alex is geeked out in the AU, Raver clammed up: “Um… I can’t say!”

Grey’s Anatomy‘s Kim Raver: Teddy’s Grief Fuels ‘Surprising’ Changes for Her and Owen

Supernatural | As if Sam and Dean haven’t been on wild enough of a ride this season, watch for a bit of a role reversal this spring. As Jared Padalecki reveals, “We’re shooting an episode where Sam finds himself in the same situation that Dean was in with Amy. So where it was Dean trying to do the right thing that a hunter would do, even though Sam insisted that he trusted this girl, now we find Sam in that situation, where Dean’s like, ‘Hey, I trust this person,’ and Sam’s going, ‘Well, you’re not in your right mind.’” Seeing the bros step into each other’s shoes, says Padalecki, should be fun for longtime viewers. “The tables turn a little bit, and we see what Sam and Dean would do in opposite situations.”

Are Frisky Winchesters Supposed to Be a Bad Thing? And More TV Questions!

NCIS | I’ve got a few more scooplets about Episode 200, which I first told you about last week. For starters, the scene that the press got a sneak peek at, involving Gibbs in his diner and a shooting? Yeah, that happens  — meaning it’s not one of the “What if?” scenarios imagined by Jethro during the hour (which show boss Gary Glasberg says has a “a Christmas Carol quality to it”). Glasberg also confirmed there is an appearance by rogue Mossad agent Ari Haswari in the same episode – and that’s far from the only blast from the past to expect. Oh, and the first meeting between Tony and Ziva that I told us about? I neglected to mention what Cote de Pablo revealed – that it involves an “interrogation.” And speaking of DiNozzo, one of you wrote in to ask if we’ll ever find out what “bargain” Tony made with God in “Engaged.” Says Glasberg: “The beauty of NCIS, from my perspective, is that you can plant little seeds like that and then chip away at it. So sure, we’ll revisit that. And [in the season premiere] we set up this whole thing about a ‘kid in Baltimore,’ and that’s going to be dealt with in the latter half of the season.” Tony DiNozzo III? (I kid…?)

NCIS: LA and Hawaii Five-0 Cross Over for Two-Night, ‘High Octane’ May Sweeps Event

Hawaii Five-0 | Checking my Twitter feed again, @reikoafans wants to know when might next see Reiko Aylesworth on the show. A Five-0 rep assures me that while Chin and Malia are quite happily married, Aylesworth’s next visit has not yet been booked. Which isn’t to say Malia is far from Chin’s thoughts while at work. In fact, there’s a February sweeps episode where Chin nearly triggers an international incident involving a possible radiological weapon – getting in big trouble with the lieutenant governor – all while struggling to think of something special to get his wife for Valentine’s Day. How about just staying out of prison, pal?

CSI Books Jesse McCartney for February Sweeps

CSI | Just before delving into this week’s Inside Line, I cued up Marg Helgenberger’s final episode, airing Jan. 25, and damn, she done got me all misty. In fact, I think it’s safe to venture that the sad looks on the CSI squad members’ faces during her goodbye are the actors’ own expressions, partly because the scene is scripted right down the middle – is Catherine leaving us, or Marg? Plotwise, the continuation of the Mark Gabriel case serves up a nice (if not 100-percent surprising) twist, Catherine’s very final scene is perhaps not with whom you expect, and if you were at all bummed to see Grant Show’s McQuaid buy the farm, know this: Willows might receive a proposal from a handsome FBI agent just yet.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Bones‘ Possible Nanny, NCIS and More!

Bones | The Jeffersonian team may be in standby mode now, but they’re never off TVLine’s radar. Speaking with T.J. Thyne, I asked if Hodgins will still be teasing their good ol’ boy squintern, Finn (aka “Opie”), when the show returns in the spring. “After that whole thing with the snake [in the competitive eater episode], I think they bonded,” Thyne said, alluding to Finn’s first case. “Now I look at him like Jack’s new little brother. Ever since Zack left the show, which has broken all of our hearts, Jack’s been missing that camaraderie — and now with Finn, I think he’s got it.” As for the other half of “Hodgela,” Michaela Conlin said that when Bones comes back, expect “a lot of stuff with her and Brennan, being that they’re both new moms.”

Yvonne Strahovski Surprised By Chuck‘s Series Finale: ‘It’s Satisfying, But Almost Tragic’

Chuck | Nerds alert! There are just two more weeks/three hours of Chuck left, and this Friday’s episode – “Chuck vs. The Bullet Train” – earned high marks from Yvonne Strahovski. “I loved that episode” she told me (during the same chat in which she taunted us with this). “Buzz [Feitshans], our DP (Director of Photography), directed that episode, and it was his first time, so I’m super-excited to see how it worked out.” OK, but what can we look forward to in front of the camera? “It’s a really cool episode,” Strahosvki promises, “with a lot of kicking ass on the train.” We like!

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (123)

• It’s Michaela Conlin, incidentally. :)

Comment by Jen – January 19, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So close!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 19, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, that would probably be me that emailed you that request about Tony’s bargain with God on NCIS, which was #1 on that list. Thank you so much for asking that. Can’t wait to find out what it is. Really excited about seeing this “What if” scenario with Tony and Ziva, in the NCIS 200th episdoe. Oh, don’t you even dare tease about the kid in Baltimore being a Tony DiNozzo III. I’m not liking the sound of that at all and it would fly in the face of what we know of Tony, a stand up, honorable guy.

Comment by Marla – January 19, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Marla, that was YOU!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 19, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here.Looking forward to the 200th ep. It sounds like it’ll be cool. And the stuff with Tony and Ziva sounds interesting too. I really hope there’s not a Tony D. III out there, though. And I’d definitely like to find out about the deal Tony made with God. Thanks for all the scoop age, Matt. :)

Comment by Mikayla – January 19, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Jack didn’t forget his good friend Vincent Nigel-Murray. He named his son after him, after all… okay, it was the third name (that’s a lot of names), but still!

Comment by Lillian – January 19, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, Tony might if have fathered a son :(

Comment by HoldOn2Smallville – January 19, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Many fans think Wendy son is also Tonys

Comment by Michael – January 19, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, Michael, only you and people who don’t know that human pregnancies last 9 months could think that.

Comment by Gaara – January 19, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Apparently we have a very different definition of ‘many’. I haven’t seen one person say it’s Tony’s. Actually… It’s scientifically impossible for Wendy’s son to be Tony’s.

Comment by Maddie – January 19, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “What’s this about Tony DiNozzo’s kid?!”
    What bogus conjecture.
    Tony was with Wendy 9+ years ago (at least, how long has it been since he left Baltimore?), and her kid is 7 years old. There’s NO WAY it could be Tony’s, unless he’s been misleading everyone about how long he’s been out of contact with her. Or unless NCIS is planning to retcon some BS into his past. Or unless TVLine will suggest anything to attract attention.
    Survey says…

Comment by Saint Alicia – January 19, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have tweaked the intro for those who are exceptionally literal-minded.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 19, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s why I love TV Line articles. A lot of clever writing and ambiguity.

Comment by Svenja – January 20, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we do not know when they broke up so it could still be his kid

Comment by Michael – January 19, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, we do know. Tony said the last time they talked was 9 years ago. Wendy’s son is only 7. So scientifically, it’s impossible for the kid to be Tony’s.

Comment by Maddie – January 19, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maddie – THANK YOU for reiterating the obvious. I’m really liking where the writers are taking the storylines these days (btw T/Z fascinate me, I must admit), but if they are stupid enough to try and connect Wendy’s son with Tony – they’re going to shoot themselves in the foot. Like you said, in reality that would be scientifically impossible. Also, I have a hard time believing that Tony would not have ever known he had a son??!!! Why wouldn’t Wendy ever tell him? That doesn’t even make sense. I don’t want this Wendy storyline to become ridiculous. The episodes have been great lately; I don’t want the storylines to get outrageous.

Comment by Nick – January 19, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • don’t forget, he did donated sperm at one time.

Comment by Jo-Ann – January 19, 2012 08:52 PM PDT
          • ^ While he was in college.. and nobody ever used it. (ep “Probie” s03)

Comment by Gaara – January 20, 2012 01:07 AM PDT
          • So we think.

Comment by Jo-Ann – January 20, 2012 08:03 AM PDT
          • No, this is canon. Unless you’re watching the Bold & the Beautiful..

Comment by Gaara – January 21, 2012 01:41 AM PDT
        • Note that Tony said last time they TALKED! Talking isn’t really required, is it? xP
          Although you’re probably right about the kid, he’s probably not Tony’s…

Comment by Alice – January 20, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop. Looking forward to the NCIS stuff.
    The kid in Baltimore sounded more work-related. I wonder what’s up with that. My guess is that Tony was a mentor to some new police officer and that something happened to that “kid”. Just a theory.
    Can’t wait for the up-coming NCIS episodes.
    We all know that DiNozzo III is just a little tease and assumption by Matt. You know, they often say “he’s a good kid” about rookie officers and agents. I think this could be interesting, though I am still patiently waiting for some McGee scoop.

Comment by Kaylia1991 – January 19, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We heard somewhere that we are getting a new villain arc latter part of the season. GG says that we are going to find out about the kid in Baltimore latter part of the season. I think that they will be the same person. The kid grows up to be a serial killer. The kid will be the serial killer that changes him like Gibbs had a killer who changed him. They might be bringing Wendy into the deal as a “investigative reporter”. The killer may play cat & mouse with Tony and Wendy will get in the way and either be killed or I hope rescued by Hero Tony. Both the kid and the killer have been spoiled but not at the same time. I think that there will be a connection. Why bring Wendy in as a reporter now? She has an important part to play in the arc not just to move TIVA along. Tony and Wendy are going to still have feelings so the impact of the events will affect him. It would not have worked with a piano teacher so they had her make a career change. What do you guys think? I like this idea. Hope I’m right.

Comment by Terry – January 22, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Gamble, who got rid of Cas because he was redundant, who gave Dean’s hell and PTSDs to Sam, who has been trying to turn Sam into Dean with the constant role reversals, is at it again. She’s not even bothering to be original anymore, she’s just giving Sam everything that Dean did, but of course, Sam will be more noble, because we all know that Sam is the perfect snowflake.

Gamble, newsflash! Making Dean unlikable isn’t going to make fans like Sam better, it will make them stop watching the show, period. What a joke this show has become. Gamble sucks in originality, creativity and total showrunnning. Why doesn’t she just kill Dean off and turn the show into the complete Sam Winchester Show? That’s what she wants anyway, and the rest of the Dean fans can leave so Gamble can surround herself with her favorites. She’s such a tool.

Comment by looloo – January 19, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First let me tell that I don’t like what Gamble is doing to the show and I agree with you that she keeps bringing up the same storylines (the reverse roleplays, Dean doing something bad behind Sam’s back, getting mad at each other because of some stupid secret and then being okay in the next episode, they being the only ones able to save the world, etc).

But I don’t agree about the Sam Winchester show, the season has been heavily on Dean episodes. I was pretty astonished that once again Sam didn’t go to the past and that everytime they see Dick Roman (the Leviathan bad guys) is always Dean who talks. And I’m not a Dean girl or a Sam girl type of fan (although I’ve always preferred Dean).

Comment by Ines – January 19, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What has Dean done this season? Well besides stand and watch Sam make all the kills. Yeah, he gets to dress up, but there is no story there. Gamble is playing around like Dean has something important to do, but it’s all smoke and mirrors until Gamble begins to tell the story she really wants to tell, Sam’s 50th mental breakdown and once again we’re going to go inside Sam’s head just to watch Lucifer and Sam talk about Sam. Dean gets what story now? The emo one he’s had since the pilot?

As for Sam going to the past, the last two times Dean went back, Sam was right there beside him. How is it that none of the Sam fans even remember that?

Dean going into the past wasn’t anything more than filler, it had nothing to do with nothing and in the end, Sam still got to kill the bad buy while Dean watched, again. So really, Gamble is making Dean nothing more than window dressing.

Comment by looloo – January 19, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • so, are you on meds for your psychotic break?

Comment by kate – January 19, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Aw hon, maybe you should give the computer back to your Mom now since you don’t really have anything intelligent to contribute to the conversation.

Comment by lolz – January 19, 2012 09:49 PM PDT
          • aw hon. I do have something to add: shut up whining about how mean Sam and Sera are to Dean. you want to talk about the show, fine. talk about the show. don’t piss and moan endlessly about something that, for anyone who isn’t obsessed with one brother or another, is in your imagination.

Comment by kate – January 20, 2012 09:48 AM PDT
          • You seem to know an awful lot about psycho behavior. Are you in-patient?

Comment by moira – January 26, 2012 04:56 PM PDT
        • In the end what trully matters is that whichever side you’re on or which ever brother you’d like to lick first that the boys just don’t hunt together anymore and it’s frustrating. While it’s true that it was Dean who did the time traveling and had the other one with Sheriff Mills. The week before that we had Dean with Bobby’s replacement (I’m sorry that’s the only thing that guy is to me) while Sam was with… a random kid who thought she could kick butts higher than her forehead.
          Something’s not right and it definately has something to do with the fact that it’s simply not about family like it was once. Think about it if Dean TRULLY gave a crap about Castiel the way we all know he did then he would have continued to fight to get the angel back. I know that for casting measures and the idea that Misha is just not a regular anymore they had to try to make us forget about him but no. And the Impala thing? Puh-lease. If we would be dealing with season 1 Dean NO WAY would Dean have given up on his car. (They changed their plate in season 2 and kept it all the way since then…)
          But the biggest thing that annoys me now is that Dean seems to be the tech guy now while Sam apparently fights more. What the freaking hell? I adored Sam for his geekyness (I love nerds, sue me) and now (along with his sideburns) Sam is starting to fade from my list of TV characters I melt for. Still love the guy, and I get that a trip down hell might change you but the only time I love the character now is when he meets Lucifer because 1- Mark does an awesome job at tauntin Sam and 2- Because Sam is vulnerable and needs his brother to help him out JUST like the good old days.
          Stop bickering about who has the more screen time and start wondering instead why are they always just together at the beginning and the ending of every freaking episode.

Comment by Julie – January 20, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you lnes! I’m so sick of all the Deangirl vs Samgirl BS. I just want to read about the show and talk about the spoilers without constantly having to scroll through a billion comments whining about how the show is “all about Sam” or “all about Dean”.

I also agree with what you said about Sera, personally I think she’s ruining the show.

Comment by Rain – January 20, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks! I usually don’t comment on Supernatural spoilers since it usually turns to a Dean vs Sam discussion but this one I had to because it was nothing about the boys but about the repetition of storylines that add nothing to a show that is slowing starting to die. And Gamble used to write good stories back to season one and two, I don’t know what happened to her.

Comment by Ines – January 20, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sigh. What has happened to Supernatural? Has anything this season been remotely original? It’s just dull since Cas walked into that pond. I don’t even think I’ll bother watching now until he comes back because it’s just a boring retread of old episodes. I hope they keep him for season 8 or I think they’re going to lose even more viewers.

Comment by Maria – January 19, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, the same old caramel about the ratings… For a show being aired by CW, running its 7th season and airing on Fridays the ratings are pretty good, not to mention the huge increasing we get every week by DVR viewing.
        As much as you want to believe that the ratings are down because of Cas this just isn’t the case, sorry!

Comment by Maria – January 20, 2012 03:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just read a book. Or better yet, take a walk or work out a little . I’m sure you can use it!

Comment by Moira – January 26, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Girl Next door part 2. No nothing redundant about this season at all.

Comment by Crowley – January 19, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why don’t you wait to watch it before you open you mouth? When the first spoilers for TGND were out, all the EDGs were complaining about how once again Deans’s story with Lisa and Ben was given to Sam with Amy and her kid…
      I can only imagine how morons must have all these people felt after the episode aired. Seems to me more like TGND moronic reaction part 2. Nothing redundant about this at all!!!

Comment by Maria – January 20, 2012 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hmmm! So how do you ESG morons feel every time you claim Sam has no POV right after an episode airs which gives us a boatload of Sam POV. At least we EDGs are wrong about stuff we haven’t seen. You ESGs actually watch the show and just lie about what is on the screen to make yourselves and your fave character look like some kind of abused martyrs. Now that is the very definition of moronic reaction in my book. lol!

Comment by lala – January 20, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just because you with your moronic POV think that everything is about Sam, it doesn’t mean that it actually is…

Comment by Maria – January 20, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So what?!Monster is Monster … Has is that kill because always, always the survival instinct will talk louder and the monsters are not going to stop killing people, no matter whether they are good people or not, are people so this is what a Hunter makes kills what this killing people. Without grayscale Please!!!

Comment by Matt's fan – January 19, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So, Girl Next Door 2.0. How is that not redundant? But Amy was a monster who killed. Sam wasn’t related to her, and her child wasn’t his.

If this is Dean’s child we’re talking about, then Sam really can’t put himself in Dean’s shoes, because it’s not the same thing. Sam is a rather unsympathetic when it comes to his brother though, so I’m sure he’ll have no problem putting Dean’s child down and taking the choice out of Dean’s hands because, yes, Sam is that big of an egocentric prick.

Comment by looloo – January 19, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Already thought that she is not the daughter of Dean, she makes the bad monster with an Angel’s face or the way she grew so fast will die in 2 or 3 days, dying clean way without compromising both the brothers, or this is an episode of the style as it was in heart. So many possibilities because you chose the more tragic. I prefer to see what will happen before you quit complaining.:]

Comment by Julie – January 19, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, I really appreciate that you’re delivering NCIS scoop. But Tony DiNozzo III…not sure my devotion to NCIS would survive that.

Comment by lizzie – January 19, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe tony was godfather of this little kid…
    the only Tony Dinozzo III will be when he and ziva having a baby

Comment by estefania – January 19, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, great… Another episode that will make Sam fans and Dean fans fight like there is no tomorrow… :(

I don’t think it’s the Amazon episode, though. Jared said they were filming and Matt said it’ll air on Spring, so maybe it’s later?

Comment by Alon – January 19, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is even, there we go, witness this old and boring fight between fans.kkkkkkkk :P

Comment by Jem – January 19, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • U know, sometime I wonder if the ‘fights’ are actually made by one troll pretending to be two. I don’t mind real criticism but talking about redundancy…Sera loves Sam more, Dean have more episodes, Sera ruining the show, not watching coz Cas is not around… bla bla bla. I always wonder why the hate on Sera, she’s been involve in SPN since day 1. & the decision making is not up to her only. Its the whole group including producers and writers. & all I want is Elliot Ness to appear in the future.

Comment by Jedaqia – January 20, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see the introduction of “Season 3 Ziva” to “Season 9 Tony”! Oh, and the return of NCIS’ best villain ever, Ari. I can’t wait! I hope we do find out more about several things on Tony’s Bucket List and the vow he made with God. But please…. NO NO NO illegit. children suddenly showing up…..

Comment by Deb – January 19, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why that? sound like it could be good for Tony

Comment by Michael – January 19, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree! I just can’t wait to see season 3 Ziva! She was just pure awesomeness :D

Comment by Allie – January 20, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could Sam being put into Dean’s shoes have anything to do with Cas’s return?

Comment by tvaddict – January 19, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Castiel’s return is only set for episode 17, so I kinda doubt it.

Comment by Julie – January 20, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey know-it-all. Misha is back for three more episodes. 17 is just the first.

Comment by lala – January 20, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the NCIS scoop. Look forward to the Tony/Ziva interrogation scene. And although I’m loving the emotional journey that DiNozzo has been on this season, have to admit this spoiler scares me. If this kid he almost lost in Baltimore is “his”, that would take the show in a direction I’m not sure I want to travel. That said, I am looking forward to finding out just what bargain Tony made with God, and what the details of this kid he almost lost are. Thanks Matt.

Comment by Mel – January 19, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with you, but I higly doubt they’re going down the “secret children” road… that would be stupid and unbelievable, imho :)

Comment by cl-air – January 19, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really and Tony dating Ziva is it?? kinda of funny how people want one soap opera thing but not the other

Comment by Michael – January 19, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Uhm, you do realize that applies to you as well, right?

Comment by Maddie – January 19, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • FYI, relationships in workplaces happen all the time. Duh, nothing unbeliavable about that -.-

Comment by Gaara – January 19, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • laughing at your ability to scare us ncis fans!

looking forward to the 200th episode

Comment by Anna – January 19, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, if Sam kills this monster, does this mean Dean gets to runaway like Sam did with the Amy situation? I hope so.

Comment by Oy. Vey. – January 19, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We can only hope. I would love it if Dean just ran off with Cas. Sam can find some other character who will act as his personal cheerleader, now that Bobby is gone. Maybe Bobby’s ghost will come back just to tell Sam how awesome he is in every episode, just like old times.

Comment by looloo – January 19, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m also hoping that Dean will put Sam in a no win position and tell him if he kills the monster it means he doesn’t trust him. Then Dean can go off in a huff for 10 days and not tell Sam where he’s at.

Comment by Anon – January 19, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Then, Dean meets up with Sam and admits Sam was right after all.

Comment by izanami – January 20, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Frankly, I’m tired of the Dean Show. And I’ve all but stopped watching . Dean is a stupid ass. He is a violent red-stater. Unevolved and caveman like.Maybe Deano can DIE and go to heaven with Cas.? I’d vote yes!

Comment by moira – January 26, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry but Dean is the most interesting character on the show. He’s definitely more interesting and popular the Sam.

Comment by Saraj – January 26, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is the crazy hallucinating guy qualified to judge whether or not someone is in their right mind?

Comment by crowley_gal – January 19, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good point.

Comment by spn – January 19, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Logic need not apply when it comes to Sammy Sue always getting to save the day.

That’s proven since season 5 drinking demon blood turned out to be the only way Sam could save the day.

Kripke and Gamble must have peed themselves with glee over making Dean wrong about Ruby’s manipulation of Sam which turned out to be the only reason Sam could take on and take out Lucifer.

No doubt Dean will be forced to learn some lesson about trust over this Amy crap after Sam tells Dean boo hoo suck it up and then Bobby’s ghost will come back and tell Dean he is too hard on Sammy and his deeply profound sideburns. Dean will then give a lovely and heartfelt apology while I will be yelling “Gun, mouth, now!” at this once magnificent character.

Comment by Charlie – January 19, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clearly, logic does not apply to you.

Comment by mervin – January 20, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!

Comment by Annir – January 20, 2012 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is Dean any better as a judge with his crazy drinking and depression?

Comment by justanna – January 20, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess it would be because Sam is not an alcoholic. Maybe Deano has early onset dementia, like most of his fans.

Comment by moira – January 26, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All that booze has altered your boy Dean.

Comment by moira – January 26, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hush Crowley_gal! I don’t think we’re supposed to think about that..lol

Comment by nudd – January 19, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Between Ruby and Amy, Sam’s not the best judge of character even when he’s not hallucinating. Maybe he’s getting advice from Lucifer.

Comment by crowley_gal – January 19, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Between Castiel and Crowley, neither is Dean.

Comment by moonwatcher – January 20, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Even half drunk and drepressed, Dean still makes better choices than Sam.

Comment by Saraj – January 26, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam will never be the man Dean is, no matter how many stories Gamble steals from Dean to give to Sam. Not that Becky Gamble hasn’t tried to turn Sam into Dean for the past season and 1/2. Matt, I’m not sure if you watch the show, but role reversals isn’t new. It’s been done since way early in the series. When Dean became favored by the fans, and Kripke and Gamble have constantly been giving Sam the same stories that Dean had. None of them were better than the original. I don’t think this episode that Padalecki, who seems pretty comfortable redoing his co-lead’s stories, is going to be any different, except that Jensen will once again rock the emo. But Dean needs more than just an emo arc. Sam is getting everything, emo, action, storyline, plots, and Dean? Nada. Jensen still carries the show, with little reward. I wish Jensen would get offered something outside this crappy show. He needs showrunners who appreciate and use his talent, not Gamble, who tries to hide it all the time just to push her favorite front and center. Why do you think Cas is gone? Because he was redudant? Nope, because the chemistry between Dean and Cas was off the charts and threatened poor Sam, who doesn’t have the same effect. So Cas is gone.

Comment by silver – January 19, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • is the oxygen thin where you are? or a history of mental illness in your family? because you’re clearly having hallucinations and should see a doctor immediate.

I can’t take you people anymore. STOP WATCHING IF YOU HATE THE SHOW THAT MUCH.

Comment by kate – January 19, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow you are just showing your originality all over the place today aren’t you? I can see why you are such a fan of Gamble’s work in handing over pale imitations of once awesome stories to Sam.

By the way, here is a thought. If you don’t like to see criticism of the show, how about you don’t read the comments. That’s probably easier than you running around trying convince people to ditch a show that they are clearly still invested in, even if they hate how badly it is floundering due to showrunner incompetence and BTS poltical maneuvering.

Comment by lolz – January 19, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • as opposed to you, who is doing such a GREAT job telling everyone but Sera Gamble what a crappy job she’s doing via internet comments. some of us like to talk about the show without scrolling through pages and pages of “SERA LOVES SAM AND SAM IS SO MEAN TO DEAN AND TOGETHER SAM AND SERA TEAM UP TO TAKE ALL DEAN’S COOL STUFF! BOOHOOOOOOOOOOO.” maybe you ARE actually mentally ill…except that’s insulting to mentally ill people. maybe you’re just pathetic.

Comment by kate – January 20, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey, I used to love House. I was obsessed with it. But you know what I did when it started sucking? I STOPPED WATCHING. Really, what good is it doing you watching something that apparently pisses you off so badly? You’re only torturing yourself. And do you really think complaining about how awful you think Supernatural is now is going to make any difference? I highly doubt it will.

Now, go put back on your tinfoil hat and read some of your Destiel fan fics and leave everyone alone.

Comment by shut up – January 20, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, Kate. This one just escaped from the THAB loony bin. She sounds like someone who has spent years stinking up TWOP till nobody can stand her and her crazy conspiracy theories anymore.

Comment by mervin – January 20, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow! Can Destiel fans be more pathetic??? Having some role reversal doesn’t mean giving one brother’s story to the other… You’ve been complaining for at lest two seasons now, seeing ghosts where they don’t exist…
      Like @Kate said, why are you still watching if it is so painful to you?
      Dean and Cas have more chemistry than Dean and Sam? You’d wish!
      Newsflash! It’s the J & J chemistry (according to J2 themselves) that works for them. They both count on it to give their best for their characters and no matter how many comments you write about Dean and Cas’s -unexistent- profound bond, the truth is not gonna change…
      I’m sure Jensen would appreciate fans like you, constantly bashing his partner and best friend in real life. I’m sure he would be thrilled to see his “fans” calling SN crappy…
      So far this season the story has focused on Dean’s problems, but for you it’s still not enough. You just want Sam not to be there at all.
      After seven seasons, you still refuse to accept that Supernatural can’t exist without one of the brothers… Just quit watching now and stop making yourselves and us miserable..

Comment by Mary – January 20, 2012 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Y’all Sam-lovers and Dean-lovers do know that the rest of us (y’know, the fans of the SHOW) laugh at y’all, right? Seriously, it’s like watching Jar-Jar Binks take on Cousin Oliver.

Comment by Annie – January 20, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Sam is a much better man than Dumbo-Dean.

Comment by moira – January 26, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the “Supernatural” scoop. I appreciate it, though I get tired of how every article mentioning an upcoming episode no one has even seen yet turns into another opportunity for people to start complaining *sigh*. I don’t care which brother has a bigger storyline in a particular episode (I love them both) and I don’t think Sera Gamble has even remotely destroyed the show. I think the brothers have understandably changed after everything they’ve been through over the years and there are going to be times when there’s a little role reversal. I also want to point out that Gamble is not the only person responsible for decisions regarding the show. She’s not the only producer or writer and she does not run The CW or Warner Bros. It takes many people to create a show and to approve the content of every episode. Putting everything on her seems a bit unfair.

Comment by Anne – January 19, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gamble may not the only writer or producer on the show, but she is the one that gets out there and flaunts her bias for one character and actor over all the others. She is merely reaping what she sows.

Comment by lolz – January 19, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When did she flaunt her preference for a particular actor/character? I’m a big SN fan, so I’ve read/watched many a Sera Gamble interview and I haven’t heard any bias.

Comment by Kalie – January 19, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Kate, it’s really pointless to reason with them since they live in their own delusional reality.
          They post the same biased und baseless accusation after every spoiler article on Tvline and Eonline, and they either share a mind or 5 posters use sockys since they arguments and sentence structure are very recognisable.
          It’s actually funny (in a sad kinda way) that they are never happy (unless maybe if Sam got killed of and the show became the Dean/Cas lovefest – but then they would probably start a war Cas vs. Dean). If the episode is mainly about Dean, but Sam kills the monster – it’s all about Sam according to them. And if the episode is Sam centric and Dean kills the bad guy it all about Sam again. And their predictions about certain spoilers are mostly way of base: over the summer spoilers were discussing Sam’s hallucinations and they were convinced that it will be the focus of the season, in reality it was one episode till now. The spoiler about one brother going back in time is definately going to be Sam since he gets everything, right. Sam and the working girl will be the main point of 7×11, and Dean will be sidelined. I could go and on (if you want proof just search this side (supernatural) and read the comments – if you can stomach the bashing and wank fest.
          Personally I wish extreme fans (especially the haters) would just stay in their forums and stop making the whole Spn fandom look unhinged. We already have a bad reputation online, there really is no need to prove that in every comment section. And that goes for the extreme Sam girls, Cas extreme lovers and his haters too (I didn’t write about their wanking since they seem to be absent in these comments for now :).

Comment by Risa – January 20, 2012 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About Tony and the kid from Baltimore… I have a feeling his insecurity of his ability to be a good father probably stems partly from the baltimore situation. I have a feeling he looked out for a wayward kid and something went horribly wrong..

Comment by Sima – January 19, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GOOD IDEA AND I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT

Comment by estefania – January 19, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, it could be something like that :)

Comment by Svenja – January 20, 2012 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, exactly what I was thinking :) It would be pretty perfect

Comment by Gaara – January 20, 2012 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did you even watch the season 5 finale or are you the obsessedand fixated on Sam that you didn’t realize that it was the impala and all the memories of Dean that saved the day and helped Sam gain control.

Comment by Dave – January 19, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope wasn’t the impala or Dean. It was Sam’s own toy soldier and a stray beam of sunlight that got through to Sam and turned him into a cheap, Jesus Christ knock-off who saved the world through sacrificing himself by falling into the biggest plothole in the history of the show. It was clear that Sam would have just let Lucifer beat Dean to death if not for that little toy soldier.

Comment by lolz – January 19, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t get why people think Sam is always portrayed as the show’s hero. I’d say it’s the other way around. Sam was the one who was tricked by Ruby and addicted to demon blood, he killed Lilith and broke the last seal, and he was the one who lost his soul and had to act like a creep for half a season. He also doesn’t seem to feel as guilty about his actions as Dean does. I’m not condemning Sam or anything like that. I really like him, but I feel like Dean is often portrayed as the real hero on the show. In Season 1, it seemed like Jared was the star of the show, but they saw how awesome and popular Jensen was and he’s become the breakout star of the show. I must admit that I’m a Dean girl, but I love both brothers and I think they’re equally important. If Sam seems like the hero, it’s probably because of his personality. Dean tends to be harder and negative, while Sam is the one who likes to read and is more in touch with his feelings. Dean is the reluctant hero. He doesn’t give himself any credit.

Comment by Kalie – January 19, 2012 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with you , Kalie.

Comment by moira – January 26, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • O hai there, hermitme. You are so nasty and rude. Make your point without insulting Sam. And you would love it if Dean was Jesus and fell into the hole because he saw Castiel’s trenchcoat.

Comment by mervin – January 20, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn you Supernatural fangirls! Calm your tits and keep quiet! Just enjoy the show for what it is! I’m a huge Dean fanboy, but don’t go gaga about his character or Sam’s because the people portraying Sam and Dean are amazing and nothing like you!

Comment by Gerard – January 19, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, a sane person commenting on a Spn spoiler. XDD

Comment by JP – January 20, 2012 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize that asking Supernatural fangirls to calm down and keep quiet is like asking politicians to shut up and be mature, right? It ain’t gonna happen. Bitching is all they know how to do.

Comment by Ryan – January 20, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • fanboy? that means you’re gay , right?

Comment by moira – January 26, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jensen rocks his part even with almost no story line. I wish they would just give this great actor something to do.

Comment by dee dee – January 20, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alas, for as long as he’s stuck in Vancouver filming Supernatural he’ll have to do with waiting for his real chance to the big screen (where he should be/stay)

Comment by Julie – January 20, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG what the heck happened to Lexie in the AU episode?
    This is going to be awesome

Comment by Svenja – January 20, 2012 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No wonder SPN fans have a bad rep, we are all mad. I’m a Cas-girl (doooooooooooom) but even I will admit Season 7 is much better than Season 6. Once the awful Amy plot had finished the season picked up nicely. Sure most of us have a favourite brother based on whatever spurious reason but both brothers are awesome, do we really have to fight about it? If I were going to stop watching because of the lack of Cas (if he weren’t coming back I might have) I sure as hell wouldn’t go on and on about it. I would just quit, stick to my corners of fandom and watch my other shows.

Comment by dimensionallyt – January 20, 2012 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “and Sam’s going, ‘Well, you’re not in your right mind.’”” – says the guy who is halucinating Lucifer – yeah he is absolutly in his right mind.

It’s been a long time since I read something so funny. It’s no wonder SPN has turned into a parody of itself.

Comment by Sandra – January 20, 2012 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve only started to watch Chuck over the weekend (I intend on watching all of the episodes before the series finale in 2 weeks) and while I have been a fan of Supernatural for about 5 years now it’s so FUNNY how I’m more exciting about this week’s Chuck spoiler than the Supernatural one…

Comment by Julie – January 20, 2012 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, you should wait till you get to about the middle of season 3 of Chuck. They have the same problem Spn has post season 5 IMO.
      I still like both of the shows but the excitement or the feeling of can-hardly-wait-for-the-next-episode just isn’t there anymore. And the constant fan wars/bashing in the Spn fandom is getting really tiresome and annoying.

Comment by Milly – January 20, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Once upon a time I was like you for Chuck too, though the heights of my fanaticism is only reserved for Lost, Supernatural, Firefly and now Person of Interest. Somewhere in season 3 it dropped the ball and got tiring and predictable and I have never seen the show since then.

Comment by GK – January 20, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched CSI last night on the computer. Really good episode – one of the best for awhile. Knew FBI McQuaid wasn’t dead – am looking forward to Catherie/Marg’s last episode. Will be sad, but not the tear jerker like the episode when Warrick got killed.

Comment by majamababe – January 20, 2012 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will absolutely puke if Catherine ends up with McQuaid.

Comment by Robin – January 20, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t not wait For the NCIS LA / Hawaill 5 crossover

Comment by Michael – January 20, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the CSI-Catherine exit info–fans knew something was in the wind(!)–that diamond on Laura’s finger was a bit obvious. Now what’s with the no-show of Grissom/Petersen? Saw him in a PSA and he is so overweight, so pale, looks unhealthy–doesn’t look like he could get back in his Grissom clothes!! But that’s kind of selfish of him to refuse to come back to say “bye” to Catherine! Just my opinion, but I think CBS has to pay Petersen a million dollars for the mention of Grissom.

Comment by bigmamamimi – January 20, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, that’s pretty harsh. I’m sure Petersen has his personal reasons, and they are really none of our business. Grissom said goodbye to Catherine in his exit episode. If he returns to CSI on occasion I would prefer it be consistent with Grissom’s storyline, as Sara’s husband. If Petersen wants to make a gesture to Marg, then that’s their personal business.
      As far as his physical appearance, Grissom is a character; Petersen is a real person. I’m happy to see him in something that contributes to real life in that PSA; and to me, that only adds to his charm.

Comment by jenna – January 21, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If there’s one thing I’ve learned from watching television over the years: always be suspicious if a body is burned or found with its face mangled or shot. Always.

Comment by JGM – January 20, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m gonna guess that mcquaid is dead, and the offer from a handsome FBI agent is mcquaid’s partner offering Catherine a job.

Comment by anna – January 20, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On supernatural Jensen rocks his scenes, I wish they would give him a great story line.

Comment by dee dee – January 20, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God you guys are just really big hater and I am sick of it. I you dont like it stop seeing the damn show I you do it bitch about it God damn it sam had every right to be mad at dean for killing amy ok she had a kid who shw was trying to keep alive ok a mother does everything to keep her baby from not dieing OK! hell I was ready to kill dean for that I think alittle payback story was if the souless sam came back and killed liza that would have been great paybacks a bitch is it. But I am just sick of that back a fouth fighting between sam fans and dean fan and the bitching it sucks! and to me Jared P is a great actor and this season is a wast of his talent and sara should know better. eric K I so miss him they need him back.

Comment by kerinda – January 20, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrific. A role-reversal of the Amy storyline will not be fun for this fan-too many possibilities for disaster in it(and as has happened more often than not with the too many role-reversals they’ve already attempted, IMO) with Sera Gamble running things. The writing on this show has gone so downhill since mid S5. I think Jensen Ackles has worked miracles with the soap-opera storylines they’ve given him in S6 and 7, but come on, Sera, give him something more already-a supernaturally connected arc/storyline that allows him to use all of his acting skills-especially and including being the demonhunter extraordinaire that he’d always been up until you decided to “domesticate” him as a part of your plan to try and make Sam over into him. Sheesh. What a mess she’s made of things. And don’t worry, if the season ends as badly as 5 and 6 did, I WILL stop watching.

Comment by Sara – January 20, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post