The Big Bang Theory Gang Geeks Out Over Their Favorite Moments from 100 Episodes

CBS’ The Big Bang Theory celebrates its 100th episode tonight at 8/7c with a “risky” revisitation of the Penny/Leonard relationship. To mark the auspicious occasion, TVLine asked the show’s cast, creators and frequent guest stars to reflects on their favorite moments and themes to date.

A front-runner emerged featuring a classic Sheldon and Penny scene, while the newest additions to the sitcom — Amy and Bernadette — got plenty of love too. Check out the quotables below and then hit the comments with your favorite scenes. (Reporting by Carrie Bell)

1. Toto says:

My all time favorite has to be when Sheldon opens his office door to find Raj sitting at a desk Queen Victoria would have been proud to own. Hilarious!

2. evs says:

no Jim Kaley or Johnny? booooooo

3. Julie says:

All the “Warm kitty, soft kitty” moments are always my favorite…and the Sheldon knock of course!

4. TJ says:

I have to say that I love the napkin scene too. But also the one where Raj gets in People magazine, and they tell Sheldon to be happy for him– when he did that creepy smile, I laughed so hard. So many good moments…also, Leonard’s mother. Brilliant.

• Nat says:

I love Leonard’s mom and Sheldon’s mom. And “Bath Item Gift Hypothesis” is definitely my favorite episode of all time. Here’s to 100 more, BBT.

5. David says:

Apparently bumped for college basketball here.

6. Doug says:

Sheldon getting sick, which of course has soft kitty, warm kitty. Just hilarious

• Dash says:

I sing “Soft kitty” to my cat all the time. My girls do too! It’s like a running family joke that we’ve adopted and targeted at out cat! I feel like TBBT has been on way longer than 100 episodes! I agree withTJ above, Sheldon’s creepy smile was a really funny moment. I love all of the eps with Sheldon’s mom. Laurie Metcalf is a gem.

7. GB says:

When the gang dresses as the Justice League for New Year’s Eve and Sheldon knocks on Penny’s door to get her to wear the Wonder Woman wig. “I’m the flash, I just knocked 30,000 times.” Hilarious.

8. Sasha says:

The one where Sheldon wasn’t sleeping trying to figure out some kind of Einstein problem with graphine and he ended up in a ball pit and leonard has to go get him.

Then he dives in to hide from him popping up every so often and says BAZINGA!

I’ve seen that scene at least 50 times and I laugh every single time.

• DreamRose311 says:

This is what I was going to post! I still crack up to tears just thinking about it!!

Penny giving Sheldon the napkin was excellent, that whole episode is still my favorite.

Sheldon and the Luminous Fish and then “Hey… Loom” is one of my top moments because I think it was my very first memorable funny moment from the show.

• Nancy says:

I was also going to post this one!!! I still snort laugh when I see it on reruns!

• Kelsey says:

This is my top favorite moment by far!! I have cried so hard from laughing at his BAZINGA! I have no idea how they filmed it without laughing!!

9. Juan says:

1. The Barbarian Sublimation
    Sheldon: (to random good-looking man) Excuse me, are you currently involved in a sexual relationship?
    Man: No
    Sheldon: Would you like to be?
    Man: (checking out Sheldon) Um.. Yeah.

2. The Nerdvana Annihilation
    Time Machine! Morlocks!

3.The Engagement Reaction
    Bernadette’s easily become my second favorite character on the show, and her toe-dip into being Howard’s mother near the end of this episode is one of her best moments.

4. Almost any interaction between Sheldon and Penny.

5. The Hot Troll Deviation
    George Takei: You keep saying it, but I’m still here.

• Jordan says:

MORLOCKS! not flesh eating morlocks! I love it when he wakes up and the removal men come in and they’re morlocks as well. classic

10. gcem says:

I love ALL the episodes, but the one’s with Sheldon’s mom are always a treat. I love how Sheldon reverts back to a 10-year-old whenever she’s around.

• Toto says:

Love when Sheldon’s mom makes a point on manipulating men by saying she’ll get the rest of the food and Leonard jumps up to do it for her. She sits there with a self satisfied smile and says “id’n that sweet”.

11. Jesse says:

Have to say the ending of the xmas present episode in season 2,
    where Sheldon get’s his Leonard Nimoy napkin and hugs Penny.
    Just classic.

12. Ivan says:

I’d have to pick when they were all fighting and were on a discussion panel together.

It was so well written and allowed each cast member to shine.

I’ve been to a lot of those panels, and just once I’d love to hear the member say things like that – priceless.

13. Theresa says:

I loved last weeks episode where amy and Sheldon have a fight. “my kola face” and Amy getting a tiara was the funniest thing!!!

14. Julie says:

The napkin was the best thing ever written in the history of TV! Looooooooooved it!
    But also memorable moments
    1- Anything with Zack. “It’s a bird. It’s a plane….*appears in the doorway* I forgot the rest” (and with a serious face! the poor guy!!)
    2- The first scene with Amy and Sheldon. I knew after her first line that I would adore Amy!
    3- Sheldon’s mom and how she can manipulate men! She rules!
    4- Leonard’s mom; the Rock Band with Sheldon and when she kissed him and says “I’d rather have the bussboy” LOL!
    5- The Star Trek self destruct sequence parody was superb!
    6- When Howard wants to ask Penny about Bernadette and brings a recording of Sheldon saying “Penny”.
    7- Raj: “We’ll always have the night the heat went out”…. haha!
    8- Penny saying the whole science thing to impress Leonard… and then gleefully adds that Newton cookies are named after a town and not the scientist! Loved Raj and Howard’s reaction to it!
    This show’s the funniest thing on TV! My wish to everyone that works on the show is for the show to keep it’s awesomeness for as long as the show will roll! Love you guys and congrats on the 100th episode!!!

15. Marcie says:

My favorite is the Christmas episode when Penny gives Sheldon a signed napkin from Spock, with his DNA on it, and Sheldon gives her every present he bought before he could make a final decision.

16. Svenja says:

The Christmas episode was probably the best TBBT episode ever.

I for one love last weeks Amy-tiara-freak-out-scene. That was huge and heartfelt.

I will probably never forget Howard and the robot-hand.

17. Ryan says:

The Sheldon and Leonard ball pit “Bazinga” battle.

18. Justin says:

The episode where Howard and Raj kept using fake card tricks to annoy Sheldon. I was cracking up every time! I also loved the “One true ring” episode where the guys were fighting for the LOTR ring.

19. Marie says:

So many to choose from. But lately my favorites were when Sheldon reveals he has a “list.”. I especially liked that he had to get out a floppy disk to pull up the original list.

Or when they all get high from the cookies on the camping trip they did to see the meteor shower , which they missed because they were too high to know what was going on.

I love the episode that was done for Halloween and they scared Sheldon. My favorite is when Sheldon pops out of the couch.

Or how about the episode when Penny gets that new chair from the curb. The chair that freaks out Sheldon. Penny defends the chair and so does Amy. I laugh to the point of tears when Amy gets bit on the butt by whatever lived in that chair.

So so many more. Happy 100th! Keep them coming!!!!!

20. Bhav says:

There’s just too many to name! Some are:

*Knock knock* Penny! *Knock knock* Penny! *Knock knock* Penny!
    Girl’s night out with Sheldon was really funny, loved Amy and Sheldon dancing.
    Raj and Bernadette’s bollywood dance number. It was so cringy that i loved it! Even my dad thought it was hilarious.
    When Leonard moves in with Sheldon.

BAZINGA!

21. Janie says:

Raj being king of the rabbit people. I nearly died laughing.

22. Flame says:

1) Adhesive Duck Deficience – Sheldon and Penny at the hospital, he fills out her form

2) Justice League Recombination – Zack and the guys’ entries, Penny in sexy Wonderwoman costume, Sheldon’s knocks

3) Love Car Displacement – Geeks changing rooms

4) The Pants Alternative – “And here’s Uranus!”

5) The Precious Fragmentation – “That’s my Girl!”

23. exBFF says:

I sing Soft Kitty to my 6-foot-5, 290-lb football player son…and he lets me. When does something like that happen?

LOVE LOVE LOVE Big Bang Theory.

24. Ella says:

So many to pick from but I think mine would have to be when Leonard, Raj and Howard get high under the stars and Raj starts going on about how he would be the king of rabbits. Hilarious. Also, Sheldon telling Priya that being reborn into the stomach of a jackal is an awfully large gamble given that the prize is Leonard.

25. Merissa W. says:

One of my favorite episodes is when leonard, raj, and howard go camping and at home penny falls in the shower and ends up getting sheldon to help her. I don’t think I stopped laughing throughout the whole episode, especially everything between Sheldon and Penny. Classic!

26. ddutchie88 says:

that one time when Sheldon tried to train Penny using chocolates lol

27. Cathy Alexander says:

When Penny gives Sheldon the napkin from Leonard Nimoy for Christmas and then Sheldon gives Penny all those baskets and then hugs her ! AWWW-Gotta love Sheldon :)

28. SoFla says:

The “Bath Item Gift Hypothesis” is and will always be my favorite for the one scene that humanizes Sheldon … when he hugs Penny.

The one where Sheldon cannot sleep and goes in the ball pit drives me insane because Sheldon would NEVER go in a ball pit. Think about it, remember when he was in the hospital and had to wash his hands and didn’t want to touch anything and ended up backing into the quarantine room? Sheldon in a ball pit is TOTALLY UNREALISTIC.

JMO though :-)

29. Cathy says:

Way, way too many awesome moments to pick a favorite!! I agree with all the comments above, and so many more!! The best show on TV (and I watch a LOT of TV!) May it continue for many more episodes!!

30. shiann says:

I love the BBT, but my favorite episode has to be when Raj discovers he can drink Alcohol and talk to women. So so so funny. I can never get over it. <3

31. Kate!yn says:

Anything with Sheldon and Penny!!! Always hilarious!!! Also I must say I love when Bernadette yells and sounds just like Howard’s mother…I love every episode they are all soooo EPIC!!!