TVLine Items: NBC Denies Secret Steve Carell Office Visit, GH Gets Primetime Buzz and More!
Last week’s episode of the NBC comedy found the office staffers participating in a trivia-a-thon at a gay bar, and if you look closely at the photo to the right (which was shared by the New York Post), that bearded member of the brilliantly named Queerenstein Bears looks an awful lot like a disguised Carell.
Alas… NBC burst everyone’s bubble Wednesday morning when they told The Washington Post that the trivia whiz was not an incognito Carell. (For now though, we’re choosing to believe Michael Scott was reunited, albeit briefly, with his Scranton pals.)
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Here’s some potentially good news for anyone worried that General Hospital, ABC’s sole surviving daytime soap, may be axed once Katie Couric’s talk show debuts this fall: The series might move to primetime. According to TV Guide Magazine, one scenario currently being discussed has GH, if displaced by Couric, continuing on as a short-run summer series on ABC, similar to Spanish television’s telenovelas.
• The Twilight Saga‘s Christopher Heyerdahl will recur in the upcoming fifth season of True Blood as Dieter Braun, an ancient vampire with major ties the Authority, per Deadline.
• Party Down alum Martin Starr has booked a guest spot on Fox’s New Girl, E! Online reports, playing one of Nick’s old law school buddies who resurfaces after a rough breakup.
• NCIS: LA‘s LL Cool J has been named host of the 2012 Grammy Awards, to air Feb. 12 on CBS.
• Ken Howard (30 Rock) has signed on to The Young and the Restless for four episodes as Phyllis and Avery’s oft-mentioned estranged father, TV Guide Magazine reports. He’ll first appear on the CBS soap on Feb. 23.
• NBC will air the 43rd annual NAACP Image Awards live on Friday, Feb. 17 at 8/7c.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?