Exclusive

First Look Video: The Finder Gets Analyzed By Bones' Dr. Sweets

The Finder‘s titular offbeat P.I., Walter Sherman (played by Geoff Stults), can find anything — except for maybe an answer to the question of whether he’s crazy or not. That task falls to Bones‘ Dr. Sweets (John Francis Daley), who crosses over for this Thursday’s episode of the freshman Fox drama (airing at 9/8c, after American Idol), and we’ve got your first look at the good doc’s visit.

The Finder: 6 Things You Need to Know About the Bones Spinoff (Plus Exclusive Video)!

In order to give Walter the OK to work on cases for the FBI, Sweets must evaluate the Iraq War vet. But the finder of all things is perhaps too complex to pin down.

“At the end of it, [Sweets is] still not sure [about Walter],” star Geoff Stults tells TVLine. “He sees how incredible Walter is at finding things and that some aspects of Walter are incredibly sane, but he also has this very unorthodox manner of going about things.” That lack of resolution, Stults says, leaves Sweets “a little freaked out.”

Offscreen, Stults turns the tables on Daley and gives the show’s special guest a rave review: “John was a blast!” Plus, those boyish good looks are hard to resist. “Oh, he’s so adorable,” coos Stults. “Look at his cheeks! He’s just so cute!”

Check out the preview below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the Finder/Bones crossover.

1. Emily says:

They are still trying to push this crap of show?

2. anon says:

I like this show!

3. Toto says:

I watched the first episode. Didn’t love it, didn’t hate it. Geoff reminds me a little too much of Matt Passmore from The Glades and has his girlfriend there, so, for me it’s a mash up of the Glades, Burn Notice with a bit of Alphas[special abilities] thrown in. Since it’s on opposite the Mentalist, I’ll probably skip it or catch it later.

4. Summer says:

I love The Glades, and would never ever denigrate it with any comparison to The Finder :)

I don’t hate Finder, but they way it’s set up I cannot see myself ever loving it, mainly because the combination of weird humor and his “affliction” don’t mesh. It all feels too forced, the way sitcoms push the unrealistic situations just to wring a cheap laugh out of people (can you tell I absolutely hate sitcoms, too?)

Finder to me seems like a less-affected yet darker attempt at Monk, and I could not stand Monk, either.

And I’ll be watching Mentalist, too.

5. Meg says:

I didn’t think it was that bad. Geoff is hilarious. And it’s only two episodes in. I’ll wait a few more episodes before I decide if it’s “crap” or not.

6. Gary says:

Bring back Bones! The Finder is crap and shouldn’t get the benefit if airing out of Idol. It’s no good and I hate it even more that they put Bones characters in the show. Bones is Bones and the Finder should be just that it’s own show. This show gives me some hope though that Terra Nova could be saved and this one canned.

• Freddie says:

“Bring back Bones”. Bones didn’t go anywhere. If you want to save Terra Nova you should have gotten all the Bones fans to go watch that deeply flawed overly hyped dino – spectacle and stopped wasting your comments bad mouthing others.

7. Mikaylah says:

Wow, I was not aware of this anti-The Finder movement. I thought the first episode (proper episode, not the backdoor pilot) was okay, with definitely a lot of promise. I also LOVE Sweets, so I’m excited to see him while Bones is on hiatus.

8. Becky says:

Don’t take Bones, off air for Finder everyone loves Bones

9. 1mars says:

The anti Finder movement is because it is a terrible show and they have been pushing this as a Bones spinoff for 13 months. Walter is past being just downright weird, Leo is great, the teenager is ridi, working in a bar as past of probation, in what universe? Bones cant come back too soon for me.

10. Loretta lewis says:

This is the best show on tv now! Cant wait to see the cross over on the finder.

11. Bonny says:

I wasn’t excited about the new show but my husband and gave it a shot and quite liked it. I also like Sweets and hope it is a fun episode. I’m curious to see where the show goes but I’m not loyal to it just because it is Bones spinoff.

12. Brenda Carlin says:

Keep Bones! I love this show!

13. Susan says:

My husband and I decided to give it a try and we liked it. We’ll continue to watch it. It reminds us of one of our favorite shows – PSYCH.

• Julia says:

I love Psych and The Finder definitely pushes similar buttons. I don’t get Fox on my antenna so I’ll try to keep up with it online. I feel very hopeful for future episodes :)

14. LINDA SANTORA says:

I HAVE LOVED THIS CHARACTER SINCE LAST YEAR WHEN HE WAS INTRODUCED IN A BONES EPISODE IN WHICH HE WAS INTRODUCED. HE IS DEFINETLY DIFFERENT IN A GOOD WAY. I KNOW THAT HE WELL BE INTERESTING TO WATCH EACH WEEK.

15. A. says:

I don’t get why everyone hates this show…I thought it was pretty great. And it was only first episode. It will get better.

16. AF says:

I actually really liked this show. It keeps with the humor of Bones (of which I have been an avid follower from the beginning) which I find hilarious. While it will never replace Bones, I see a lot of potential here and will continue to watch it. And I definitely agree that it also has the feel of Burn Notice (also a fan of).

17. Susan says:

I liked it! I know it will get better. I will keep watching it and tape the Mentalist…

18. J says:

Personally I think its a good show with a lot of potential. I’m not 100% convinced of its position as a Bones spin off, but I’m willing to go with it :) I think perhaps some people are judging it too rashly without giving it a proper chance.

19. Justin says:

I think the Finder should find its own footing without help from characters from Bones, unless some big crossover event is in the works. I like this show and believe it can survive on its own.

20. Tygger says:

My husband and I just LOVE bones. Also like The Finder. I hope they keep them both. It’s about time Booth and Bones finally get together!

21. Sheldon W says:

‘Bullets’ is a much better ep than ‘A Kid Walks Into A Bar.’ It might just be that the combination of Stults, Duncan and Daley had great chemistry – and more than a few great lines – that the ep felt looser and more freewheeling [like the best breezy eps of Bones tend to fell], or it could be that Masohn and Hasson didn’t really have to do [I'm still dubious about the shift away from Saffron Burrows]. Whatever the case, I loved the ep more than any ep of Bones thus far this season.

If the rest of the season’s eps are even 75% as good, I’ll be watching it regularly.

22. Margarita martinez says:

Me encanta la serie

23. bonescrazy says:

I think The Finder is a good show ,but will NEVER hold a candle to Bones. I wish they would put it on a different night of the week at least until American Idol is over.

24. Annie says:

I liked the show and I’ll keep watching it. Bones, is by far my favorite show on TV, but I thought the Finder was really good. Now if we could stop all the pre-empted crap from American Idol I would really be happy.

25. Stephanie says:

Bring back bones!! I didn’t even like these people when they were introduced on the episode of bones last season. Bones should be after American Idol! =( The Finder is stupid.

26. Jpmcdaniel says:

Your rude comments are not needed.

27. HugeMidrift says:

In the car scene, it looks like Dr. Sweets has been CG’s in….he isn’t really there in the backi seat….something mystical about that

28. Carol Maher says:

Need t to give show a chance