Ratings: Remodeled Premiere Is Not Pretty, Parenthood Wins 10 O'clock, New Girl Tops Night

Get More: News, Premieres, Ratings

The CW’s Remodeled reality series stumbled on the runway right out of the gate, drawing just 700,000 viewers and a 0.3 demo rating. To make but one comparison, that’s down 40 percent from the opener of The CW’s Shedding for the Wedding. And… there’s really not much else to say.

Leading Tuesday in total viewers was an NCIS repeat (13.1 million/2.2), while Fox’s New Girl (6.9 mil/3.4, up a tenth) had the best demos.

Glee Scoop: Cory Monteith on the Surprise ‘Finchel’ [Spoiler], Plus What’s Next for the Duo!

Going hour-by-hour….

8 pm | ABC’s original Last Man Standing (8.6 mil/2.6) was up 13 and 24 percent, while the repeat improved on Work It‘s final numbers by a third. Glee (7.5 mil/3.0) drew a few more eyeballs and held steady in the demo. The Biggest Loser (6.6 mil/2.3) shed 4 percent of its rating. The CW’s 90210 returned to 1.3 mil and a 0.6, down 10 and 25 percent.

9 pm | An NCIS: LA repeat (9.3 mil/1.7) led the hour in total viewers. Leading out of New Girl, Raising Hope held steady with 5.13 mil/2.3.

10 pm | Body of Proof (7.9 mil/1.6) was up 14 percent in total viewers, edging out an Unforgettable repeat to lead the hour, but Parenthood (4.92 mil/1.7) claimed the demo win. Gooo, Bravermans!

What were you tuned into this Tuesday?

Tags:

Comments (34)

• Go Parenthood! What I really want to hear, though, is how Southland did. The season premiere was utterly riveting, one of the best episodes of the show ever, and that is quite an accomplishment considering the show is always completely outstanding.

Comment by DL – January 18, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Parenthood led its hour in the 18-49s, but with numbers that would be lackluster on any night. There hasn’t been a real hit on Tuesday in the last hour of prime time since SVU at its height several seasons ago.

Comment by CJ – January 18, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly why I’d love to hear ratings for Southland. And I’d add Justified to that list as well. It’s too bad TVLine doesn’t report the cable ratings.

Comment by DL – January 18, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cable ratings do not come in the morning after, when the networks do.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 18, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Glee was steady. It was an excellent episode.

Comment by Terry – January 18, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to see that Glee did well last night!!! One of the best episodes ever!!!

Comment by Meg – January 18, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 6 exclamation points in a one-line post–a new blonde record.

Comment by Triestenne – January 18, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad the Bravermans have been holding down the ratings. It’s a fab show.

Comment by PJ – January 18, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Makes me hopeful for another season! I love Parenthood.

Comment by Agreed! – January 18, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not understand why there aren’t more people watching Parenthood. Last night’s episode was fantastic. I watch ALOT of tv, and this show is one of the most consistent in terms of quality writing and acting. Kudos to the writers and the cast, but NBC should be promoting it more. This is a show they should be proud of.

Comment by maryb – January 18, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure that fans of modelling shows aren’t fans of shows with angry men shoving technology off a desk. Hence the bad ratings.

Comment by ~T~ – January 18, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Next Top Model at least has the competition going for it. Remodeled didn’t even have that, plus the ads didn’t hide the fact that the “star” of the show was an unpleasant person. Makes one wonder who thought that show would draw any audience at all.

Comment by CJ – January 18, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously. Who thought that the average American woman was going to feel good watching a show where a jerk tells incredibly thin, pretty women, that not even THEY are good enough to be models?

Comment by Alice – January 18, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are crazy.. Remodeled was so entertaining. Loved watching small business owners get help and broaden their business. Not everyone should or can be a model. Paul tells the truth. I liked him and I liked Joseph.
        I will be tuning in next week, for sure.

Comment by Lisa Gardner – January 19, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What INSANE person think Glee did good last night? Those ratings are HORRIBLE i mean beyond horrible…No new NCIS and Glee cant pull 8mil veiwers and barely a 3.0? I mean last year Glee was almost at 11mil and a 4.0…Those ratings are horrible and anyone that think other wise is crazy

Comment by ggny – January 18, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • also the New Girl Gained on Glee Demo…That just shows you how bad Glee ratings are now

Comment by ggny – January 18, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad I had to watch Southland instead of Parenthood in the 10 p.m. time slot on the same night (Tuesdays).

Comment by kevin – January 18, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CW Remodeled and Paul Fisher REVIEW
    Submitted by Concerned Press (not verified) on January 18, 2012 – 11:41am.

This show got the lowest overnight rating in CW HISTORY! So telling. Here’s Paul Fisher telling everyone he’s going to change the modeling industry. Then, in classic fashion of Paul Fisher, the entire show is about I, I, I, I, surrounded by a pathetic staff and small business people he thinks he’s going to save. The problems are multiple: There are no likable characters who call Paul on his crap. The is NO value or hope given to the young models he crushes and demeans. And the production qualities are that of a 5th grader. Top it off with Fisher telling press he’s going to change the way the modeling industry works and how people perceive beauty… Then you look at what he does, and he’s promoting exactly what he claims to hate. It’s offensive to look at this bald, billowing, buffoon, tell young hopefuls they are flawed and don’t stand a chance, then have him select a super skinny one as a potential star. Way to tell your audience they should stick their fingers down their throats to try and look like her. I want to stick my finger down my throat, but just because I spent valuable time reviewing this rotten banana. Any advertiser that supports this show should be ashamed and I would not buy their products. It’s an affront to the entire Dove Campaign for beauty which was far more on target. Really sad choice CW.

This show is clearly a made up, staged, and self-centered. I’m not so sure Mr Fisher isn’t a diagnosed sociopath. CW, Your audience, seems to be telling you, they are smarter than that. Time to show Mr Fisher back the bus back to the dank little corner he belongs as he does nothing but offend.

Comment by Concerned Press – January 18, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thought the show was funny and smart. I liked the characters and was interested the whole time. After the show ended, I wanted more. Can’t wait till next week. When the lead guy says exactly what I am thinking, you know you got a hot. That Brita didnt know what she was doing.. Paul just said it like it is and that may have turned her business around.

I will be tuning in every week to see the drama, the beauty and the success stories.. Exactly what good TV is made of.

Comment by Jon Vasquez – January 19, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY NEW GIRL!!!!!

Comment by l – January 18, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m new to the ratings reports — do you report ratings for the cable shows e.g. White Collar? I know those are a lot lower than network numbers, but would still be interested to see them.

Comment by MA – January 18, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Cable ratings come in much, much later — sometimes a whole extra day later.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 18, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought New Girl was getting a lot more viewers than that? Demos are really what matters but still…

Comment by Mark – January 18, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEAH PARENTHOOD

Comment by sarah – January 18, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get it. Parenthood is such a whiny show with whiny kids and backbone-less parents. Those kids would be grounded… or worse in my family.

Comment by Chris – January 18, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Parenthood is winning demos because it is a quality show with great acting and writing.

Comment by dlferriola – January 18, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope was absolutely hilarious last nite! I wish more people were watching.
    And Southland’s premiere episode was awesome. Lucy Liu is a great addition.
    Justified was also stellar last nite; and it has Raylan Givens. Nuff said.

Comment by jackie – January 18, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they delayed Ringer for that trash, serves them right that it did badly.

Comment by Gerald – January 18, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Parenthood is a great show. It is a shame it is in the same winter timeslot as two other great shows, Justified and White Collar.

Comment by Sg.Grant – January 18, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there anyone other than the idiots at CW who thought Remodelled wouldn’t bomb? I would be firing whoever created the show and those who decided it should make it to the airwaves… seriously, how do these people get paid for making a decision millions of unpaid and untrained people would know not to make?

Comment by Marc – January 18, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What were you watching? The show was great. I work in fashion and thought it was spot on. You hated Simon for his honesty, you hated Gordon for his delivery and now you will have Paul for both. Show is great. Way to go CW. Ill be watching.

Comment by Jim Crane – January 19, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt! I figured it must be something like that.

Comment by MA – January 19, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LMAO, the plants on this thread are so obvious. “Lisa Gardner,” “Jon Vasquez,” and “Jim Crane,” if you want people to think you’re real fans, try using phrases that are a little less trite. Of course, I doubt the CW is going to spend another $ trying to create buzz for Remodeled after that debut. It was painful to watch.

Comment by Mooshki – January 19, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed Remodeled. Paul’s passion for the industry and Joseph’s comments were great. Unlike other modeling shows, Olga showed great compassion for the woman she sent back home from New York. I am looking forward to future shows that follow these young people.

Comment by brian locker – January 21, 2012 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post