Hot Video: Hart of Dixie's Rachel Bilson Answers Critics Who Give Her TV Doc a Bad Rap

Rachel Bilson’s prescription for those illin’ over her portrayal of a doctor on Hart of Dixie? A fun and very NSFW rap video.

The actress channels Natalie Portman (à la SNL circa 2006) — and at one point even dons Black Swan garb — in her latest FunnyorDie piece, titled “Call Me Doctor.” Sporting grillz and a chain and at times toting a gun, the “five-foot-nothing” Bilson raps her way through criticisms of “looking like a real doctor” and her absence from television since The O.C. (“Comin’ at me like, ‘Where ya been?’/You should be askin’ Mischa Barton” is among our favorite rhymes).

Dixie co-stars Wilson Bethel and Scott Porter join in on the fun too, reversing the typical rap video roles as they wash a car in shorts and tank tops, seductively playing to the camera.

And to top it all off, she makes it rain. Dolla dolla Bils, y’all.

Check out the video below (WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE) and tell us what you think of Bilson’s new ‘tude.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Video

1. Janie says:

This was sooooooooooo funny. It really cracked me up, good for Rachel!

2. kevin says:

Rachel Bilson gives Natalie Portman a run for her money.

3. raftrap says:

OK, I’ll watch next week’s “Hart of Dixie”.

• Ana Muller says:

Same here. I was all like “this show looks lame, I’ll never watch it” but after this, will definitely be tuning in next week.

4. jessica b. says:

She’s hilarious! and the guys rocked. so funny! I don’t care about what people say, Hart of Dixie is adorable, feel good show, and I love it!

5. AmyLynn says:

That was awesome…the guys were so freaking funny playing with the hoses…I love this show even more now

6. Allie says:

BWHAHAHAHAHA. That shot of her with all the background dancers doing the CW sign w/ their fingers is AMAZING. That should be the CW’s new ad campaign. For real.

“C-Dub @#$%!&*. What the @#$% you expect!?”

7. Ellen says:

I laughed so hard when I watched this. Don’t think I ever saw anything as funny as this since “Pop goes my heart” from Music & Lyrics. Rachel Bilson kicks ass and Scott Porter (he did it again!) and Wilson Bethel, hilarious! If I didn’t already watch Hart of Dixie, I most certainly would now.

8. cher says:

LOL that was hilarious. Way to tell the haters. Love Hart of Dixie. Keep the episodes coming! The doctor will see you..

9. afrob says:

That was fantastic!
    She rocked it!!!
    It was great to see Wade in the video.

10. evss says:

didn’t like heart of dixie but this was still hilarious. kudos to her for making a little fun of herself.

11. Rose says:

This was so hilarious!! I love Hart of Dixie and she was always my favorite on The O.C.!

12. Melody says:

That was great! Anything that gets Wilson Bethel in a white tank and soaking wet is okay by me.

13. Russ says:

I was wasn’t sure if i was gonna watch Hart of Dixie anymore but after this i think i have too. Wade and George washing that car was hot.

14. fernando says:

I love Rachel Bilson in my heart you win an emmy lol and Love Hart of Dixie

15. Carrie says:

She’s hilarious, but the best part is the two guys washing the car in the background. They are really hamming it up and Scott Porter cracked me up. :)

16. TimWnTX says:

ROFL. That was funny. Scott Porter and Wilson Bethel washing the car was great. Respect to the doctor.

17. SaraK says:

Every part of that was freakin’ hilarious. Rachel Bilson is awesome and Scott Porter FTW!

18. Rob says:

As if there was not already enough reasons to absolutely love Rachel Bilson… so much Win.

19. Captain says:

I feel like she’s trying to hard. I have nothing against Rachel Bilson but she clearly can’t wrap. Natalie Portman’s worked because she actually can.

• erin says:

LOL….Who can come up with the best comeback for this??

• oh lord.. says:

“Trying to hard?” It was JOKE. It’s supposed to be meant as funny and a parody for her new show. It’s not like she’s trying to be an actual rapper.

And BTW it’s “rap” not “wrap”. “Wrap” is like wrapping a gift. “Rap” is in the art of music.

• florence says:

she doesn’t need to know how to “wrap” she doesn’t work at a gift shop.

• CJ says:

I’m more bothered by the misspelling of “too” than the misspelling of “rap.”

20. jdog says:

I love this show and this makes me love her and the other cast members in the video even more!

21. GK says:

That. was. hilarious! I’m not a fan of Hart of Dixie, but I am such a fan of Rachel Bilson. This video might be my new go-to for a laugh!!

22. Olive says:

This is fantastic, so funny. I can tell I’m going to have this song stuck in my head all day.

23. ultimate troll says:

Damn! Awesome and the hose was ridonkulus!

24. Andrew says:

Awesome. As the song went on, they lyrics weren’t as good, but it was a golden performance for Rachel. I already watch Hart of Dixie, but I probably would have tuned in to see what it was about after this video. I’m looking forward to some of her other projects in the future.

25. malexa says:

There are no words to describe my love for this video. The show needs better writing (cause the cast is great and the premise is fine). Go Rachel B!

26. lipsticksocialism says:

it’s super cool, kudos to bilson, but it could have done without the foul language.

27. srnotafan says:

While the video was funny and she makes a good point about it being on CW so what do you expect for her to wear…The show just isn’t as funny as the video. Her acting isn’t good and like the video for the most part, it is the supporting cast that carries the show.
    The show has HORRIBLE stereotypes about Southern people. Doogie Howser was more believable. Sorry to tell Rachel that, but Neal Patrick Harris has gone on to win awards for acting and Gregory R. Smith graduated at 16 with a masters and was pursuing 4 PHD’s at 1 time! So really…it is just that she is the one that is hard to believe as a doctor, kind of like those people that were on the last Grimes “doctor” show that took place int he jungle.

28. melinae says:

Funny video, amazing! And the George/Wade scene was kind of… gay but a laugh a lot.

29. rachel says:

someone post the lyrics for this hahaah! love hart of dixie and rachel!