Hot Video: Hart of Dixie's Rachel Bilson Answers Critics Who Give Her TV Doc a Bad Rap

Get More: Video

Rachel Bilson’s prescription for those illin’ over her portrayal of a doctor on Hart of Dixie? A fun and very NSFW rap video.

The actress channels Natalie Portman (à la SNL circa 2006) — and at one point even dons Black Swan garb — in her latest FunnyorDie piece, titled “Call Me Doctor.” Sporting grillz and a chain and at times toting a gun, the “five-foot-nothing” Bilson raps her way through criticisms of “looking like a real doctor” and her absence from television since The O.C. (“Comin’ at me like, ‘Where ya been?’/You should be askin’ Mischa Barton” is among our favorite rhymes).

Dixie co-stars Wilson Bethel and Scott Porter join in on the fun too, reversing the typical rap video roles as they wash a car in shorts and tank tops, seductively playing to the camera.

And to top it all off, she makes it rain. Dolla dolla Bils, y’all.

Check out the video below (WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE) and tell us what you think of Bilson’s new ‘tude.

Comments (37)

• Epic.

Comment by Eli – January 18, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ROFLMAO. Made my day.
      Sad part is, that felt like a real rap video. They are that believable.

Comment by Danielle H – January 18, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was sooooooooooo funny. It really cracked me up, good for Rachel!

Comment by Janie – January 18, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rachel Bilson gives Natalie Portman a run for her money.

Comment by kevin – January 18, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK, I’ll watch next week’s “Hart of Dixie”.

Comment by raftrap – January 18, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. I was all like “this show looks lame, I’ll never watch it” but after this, will definitely be tuning in next week.

Comment by Ana Muller – January 18, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s hilarious! and the guys rocked. so funny! I don’t care about what people say, Hart of Dixie is adorable, feel good show, and I love it!

Comment by jessica b. – January 18, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN! I laughed so hard. You’re right the show is adorable. I have to add, so is Rachel Bilson. :)

Comment by Garnet_and_Gold47 – January 18, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was awesome…the guys were so freaking funny playing with the hoses…I love this show even more now

Comment by AmyLynn – January 18, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BWHAHAHAHAHA. That shot of her with all the background dancers doing the CW sign w/ their fingers is AMAZING. That should be the CW’s new ad campaign. For real.

“C-Dub @#$%!&*. What the @#$% you expect!?”

Comment by Allie – January 18, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I laughed so hard when I watched this. Don’t think I ever saw anything as funny as this since “Pop goes my heart” from Music & Lyrics. Rachel Bilson kicks ass and Scott Porter (he did it again!) and Wilson Bethel, hilarious! If I didn’t already watch Hart of Dixie, I most certainly would now.

Comment by Ellen – January 18, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL that was hilarious. Way to tell the haters. Love Hart of Dixie. Keep the episodes coming! The doctor will see you..

Comment by cher – January 18, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was fantastic!
    She rocked it!!!
    It was great to see Wade in the video.

Comment by afrob – January 18, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • didn’t like heart of dixie but this was still hilarious. kudos to her for making a little fun of herself.

Comment by evss – January 18, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was so hilarious!! I love Hart of Dixie and she was always my favorite on The O.C.!

Comment by Rose – January 18, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was great! Anything that gets Wilson Bethel in a white tank and soaking wet is okay by me.

Comment by Melody – January 18, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was wasn’t sure if i was gonna watch Hart of Dixie anymore but after this i think i have too. Wade and George washing that car was hot.

Comment by Russ – January 18, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Rachel Bilson in my heart you win an emmy lol and Love Hart of Dixie

Comment by fernando – January 18, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s hilarious, but the best part is the two guys washing the car in the background. They are really hamming it up and Scott Porter cracked me up. :)

Comment by Carrie – January 18, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROFL. That was funny. Scott Porter and Wilson Bethel washing the car was great. Respect to the doctor.

Comment by TimWnTX – January 18, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every part of that was freakin’ hilarious. Rachel Bilson is awesome and Scott Porter FTW!

Comment by SaraK – January 18, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if there was not already enough reasons to absolutely love Rachel Bilson… so much Win.

Comment by Rob – January 18, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like she’s trying to hard. I have nothing against Rachel Bilson but she clearly can’t wrap. Natalie Portman’s worked because she actually can.

Comment by Captain – January 18, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL….Who can come up with the best comeback for this??

Comment by erin – January 18, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Trying to hard?” It was JOKE. It’s supposed to be meant as funny and a parody for her new show. It’s not like she’s trying to be an actual rapper.

And BTW it’s “rap” not “wrap”. “Wrap” is like wrapping a gift. “Rap” is in the art of music.

Comment by oh lord.. – January 18, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she doesn’t need to know how to “wrap” she doesn’t work at a gift shop.

Comment by florence – January 18, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m more bothered by the misspelling of “too” than the misspelling of “rap.”

Comment by CJ – January 19, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and this makes me love her and the other cast members in the video even more!

Comment by jdog – January 18, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That. was. hilarious! I’m not a fan of Hart of Dixie, but I am such a fan of Rachel Bilson. This video might be my new go-to for a laugh!!

Comment by GK – January 18, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is fantastic, so funny. I can tell I’m going to have this song stuck in my head all day.

Comment by Olive – January 18, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn! Awesome and the hose was ridonkulus!

Comment by ultimate troll – January 18, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. As the song went on, they lyrics weren’t as good, but it was a golden performance for Rachel. I already watch Hart of Dixie, but I probably would have tuned in to see what it was about after this video. I’m looking forward to some of her other projects in the future.

Comment by Andrew – January 18, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are no words to describe my love for this video. The show needs better writing (cause the cast is great and the premise is fine). Go Rachel B!

Comment by malexa – January 19, 2012 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s super cool, kudos to bilson, but it could have done without the foul language.

Comment by lipsticksocialism – January 19, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While the video was funny and she makes a good point about it being on CW so what do you expect for her to wear…The show just isn’t as funny as the video. Her acting isn’t good and like the video for the most part, it is the supporting cast that carries the show.
    The show has HORRIBLE stereotypes about Southern people. Doogie Howser was more believable. Sorry to tell Rachel that, but Neal Patrick Harris has gone on to win awards for acting and Gregory R. Smith graduated at 16 with a masters and was pursuing 4 PHD’s at 1 time! So really…it is just that she is the one that is hard to believe as a doctor, kind of like those people that were on the last Grimes “doctor” show that took place int he jungle.

Comment by srnotafan – January 19, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Funny video, amazing! And the George/Wade scene was kind of… gay but a laugh a lot.

Comment by melinae – January 23, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • someone post the lyrics for this hahaah! love hart of dixie and rachel!

Comment by rachel – July 3, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post