Hot Shots: Glee Pays Tribute to the King of Pop

He’s the King of Pop. He was a smooth criminal, and he was even sometimes bad. (But he was never, ever Billie Jean’s lover.) Yes, Michael Jackson was many things, and Fox’s Glee aims to evoke many of the music legend’s images with its “Michael” episode, airing Jan. 31.

Flip through the photos here to see Santana face off against Sebastian, Blaine get his “Whooo!” on, and the whole cast make like myriad MJs.

Glee‘s Michael Jackson Tribute: Who’s the Villain, Who’s Dueting, and Who’s Warming the Bench?

1. amoeba says:

Can’t wait for Dianna Agron’s solo and to see more of her dance moves. Scream is another performance I’m really looking forward to. Kevin is the best male singer!!!

2. TJChurch says:

The night I first read about their Michael tribute episode, they did what I thought was an Michael tribute. It had “Man In The Mirror”, etc… What was that then?! Also, what was the thing I heard earlier about no tribute episodes upcoming?! LIARS!!

• Cheyenne says:

They’ve actually been saying that they were going to do one tribute episode since before season 3 began filming, therefore, unless they film another tribute episode, they haven’t lied. Also, since when can you take anything the Glee creators/writers say to heart?

• CMJ says:

Michael was a legend…. there can never be enough michael

3. Anonymous says:

First of all, learn some grammar. Second, are you TEN? Calling the Glee writers liars for changing their mind about not doing tributes? That’s childish. And one song by Michael Jackson is not a tribute. Nice try, though. Oh! They played a Katy Perry song the other week! That MUST mean it was a tribute.

4. Kamil says:

Wow this goin to be soooo cool.. Can’t wait… Love MJ..;)

5. Cindy says:

Dianna Agron doing a Quinn solo–so excited! Also the dancing should be great. I hope the episode is supersized to fit in all the songs and story!

6. Brittana4ever says:

Omg hopefully more actual speaking lines for Brittany this episode.. Can’t wait for Santana and sebastians smooth criminal!!

7. Russ says:

Yes! Cannot wait for Quinn solo. Even though she is crazy bipolar I still love her singing and dancing.

8. Jess says:

I am so excited that 2Cellos will be part of the episode! If you haven’t seen them before look them up on youtube playing “Smooth Criminal”. It’s amazing! Another thing-why would Sebastian be slushy-ing Blaine? I thought he was trying to be with him!

9. Klaine! says:

I need more Klaine!!:$ or just Blaine…:$ and Brittana! I just can’t believe Sebastian Shlushees Blaine… that’s sooo mean!

10. Rory all the way!! says:

Sebastian is such a Jerk! Klaine is the best and no one could ever get in the way of that! Rory+?= ? he needs a Girlfriend he is so lonely!

• Gleek4Ever says:

Sebastian does not deserve to be a Warbler! The Warblers are kind, but he isn’t! & i love Rory. He’s adorable! :)

11. Lawrence says:

this episode must be really good. Finn ll taking most of the solo i guess. Can wait to see it

12. Joël says:

Everybody hated Michael when he was in court, now everybody loves him and pretends that they always loves him… hypocrits….

I always believed in him…

• Shane says:

I still think hes a disgusting pervert. I don’t understand all of the “oh well hes dead, now hes awesome again” hypocrites.

13. Anna says:

Hold up. Sebastian SLUSHIES BLAINE? Oh heck to the no. See this is why you never trust someone with a name like Sebastian Smythe. I can’t stand him. Very excited for this episode though. It seems like it’ll be fun!