Cougar Town to Return Feb. 14 – Get an Exclusive First Look at the Season 3 Poster!

Get More: News, Scheduling News

Happy Valentine’s Day, Cougar Town fans: TVLine has learned that the benched comedy will kick off its long-delayed third season on Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 8:30/7:30c.

Exclusive: Cougar Town to Wrap Season 3 With a [Major Spoiler]

C-Town, which had its episode order trimmed from 22 to 15, fills the post-Last Man Standing slot recently vacated by the cross-dressing debacle known as Work It.

Scroll down for an exclusive first look at the cheeky Season 3 poster! Oh, and who’s buying the first round tonight?

Tags: ,

Comments (83)

• Yay! =D

Comment by Lynn – January 17, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Time to pound some grape!

Comment by Parker – January 17, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought ABC said it was going to give it a good timeslot. I guess it is better than nothing, here is hoping it does well so it can have a fourth season. :)

Comment by Michael – January 17, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thought exactly when I read this post….

Comment by K – January 17, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Doesn’t that put it up against NCIS? And worse yet the second half of NCIS. That seems nearly suicidal to me.

Comment by Toto – January 17, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And against Glee & The Biggest Loser. Really tough time slot I think.

Comment by Jill – January 17, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Has anybody figured out why ABC hates this show so much? Holding out much wine soaked hope for this fantastic show!

Comment by FeeFee – January 17, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!!! I’ve waited too long for this show! Hopefully NBC follows suit and brings back community!!!

Comment by Bubu – January 17, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best valentine’s day gift ever!!!

Comment by Dana – January 17, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • O happy day

Comment by Ty – January 17, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are not the first person to write or tweet about this. How can you say it’s a TVLine exclusive?

Comment by Bel – January 17, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who said it first? Bill Lawrence hasn’t even tweeted about it yet.

Comment by TigerNightmare – January 17, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ABC Publicity just tweeted this link saying TVLine got the exclusive. So if anyone else has it, they’re probably piggybacking.

Comment by Lena120 – January 17, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • According to my Twitter timeline this morning someone from Zap2It tweeted it first. Notice the heading now has “Exclusive” taken out of it. I don’t care who got the scoop first. I’m pumped either way.

Comment by Bel – January 17, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOO HOO! ABC is my Valentine!!!

Comment by scorpo – January 17, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, finally! One of the best shows out there

Comment by Kay – January 17, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever. How many episodes are they getting this season?

Comment by scooterbeanbag – January 17, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy birthday to me!

Comment by Lu – January 17, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOOOOHOOOO!

Comment by Amanda – January 17, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yes! So exciting!

Comment by Casey – January 17, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems strange to start it on a holiday night. Hope it does well. Seems like they’d be better pairing The middle with last man standing and C town with Happy Endings.

Comment by jasie – January 17, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boo at it being against NCIS. I’m going to have to wait until wednesday morning to watch it now

Comment by Clarissa – January 17, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!!!!! Best news of the day!!!

Comment by Jared – January 17, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HAPPY!!! Bringing out Big Carl!

Comment by linda – January 17, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!

Just hoping it can eventually get a better timeslot…

Comment by Lauren – January 17, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justice, at last.

Comment by raftrap – January 17, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!

Comment by Jamie – January 17, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea this isnt exactly the best timeslot that they promised but at least its on!!

Comment by Patrick – January 17, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PENNY CAN!!!

Comment by Nicole – January 17, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny Can!

Comment by Steve – January 17, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the CT poster it looks like Josh Hopkins is holding a drink that got photoshopped out.

Great poster and tagline, though!

Comment by Jeff – January 17, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is holding a drink.

Comment by Jacob – January 17, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ha! He is! I thought the wine/drink was Courtney’s jeans. Hard to see…ooops!

Comment by Jeff – January 17, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Gloria – January 17, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news of the week! So happy they come back!!! But the valentine’s date is not really a good date for a return because ppl go out…

Comment by kika – January 17, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a huge grin on my face! Can’t wait to pound grape with the Crew on 2/13. Just called the BF and said we are staying in on Valentine’s because I’ve got to catch up with the crew!

Comment by Ari – January 17, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops, 2/14. I was too excited to proofread.

Comment by Ari – January 17, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is officially the best week ever.

Comment by Kyle – January 17, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That poster is great.

Comment by Mitholas – January 17, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great that it’s back on, crap that it’s against NCIS, which has been winning the ratings race in that time slot for years.

Comment by Jeff – January 17, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Invisible hat tip to you ABC!!!!

Comment by the girl – January 17, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the tagline! But seriously, a title change still would’ve been great for ratings resurgence (probably).

Comment by Mal – January 17, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! And three cheers for it landing in a spot that doesn’t conflict my DVR!

Comment by Volcfom – January 17, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Break out the wine (or hide it)!

Abed must be so pleased.

Comment by aleksa – January 17, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With Community shelved, we may never know what Abed is feeling. Slap out of it NBC! If ABC can bring Cougar Town back you can bring Community back too!

Comment by Dash – January 17, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad title, BAD comedy. :D

Comment by rob60990 – January 17, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • bad title (give you that one)but an EXCELLENT comedy

Comment by sinicalgrl – January 17, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • whoop. Champers on ice.

Comment by jay – January 17, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY, so excited for this

Comment by juan – January 17, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “bad title. good comedy.” LOVE IT! so excited for the return. FINALLY!

Comment by Bee – January 17, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this series but, Good god, who Photoshopped this lot? Was it someone with cataracts?

Comment by Paul Brighton (UK) – January 17, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet merciful Zeus – thank goodness. Now all we need are great ratings to ensure that ABC fully recognizes their colossal mistake. Big Joe’s all around!

Comment by bitchstolemyremote – January 17, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! My own Big Carl is ready to go. I am so glad that ABC is bringing one of my fav shows back – it’s sad that the only reason is that their other shows have to fail before they give this the chance it so rightly deserves. Networks just don’t give shows the chance they used to. But who cares why – just going to raise my giant wineglass and enjoy it!!!!

Comment by sinicalgrl – January 17, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks ABC for making COUGAR TOWN the perfect Valentine’s Day gift now that MAN UP and WORK IT are out of their misery. Now it’s time for NBC to come up with a plan on when and if COMMUNITY comes back. Almost forgot about one thing if ABC is willing to renew C-Town for another season depending on the sitcom’s ratings.

Comment by kevin – January 17, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While this timeslot is not ideal, it is setting Tuesday nights up to be a great night of comedy, Cougar Town, New Girl, Raising Hope. A solid 90 minutes right there. Sweeeeeet!

Comment by Dash – January 17, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

About time ABC.

Comment by Eliza – January 17, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Bill Lawrence, who also created Scrubs. I feel like Cougar Town is treated the same way Scrubs was handled on NBC. Two very funny, quirky shows that are treated like orphans. And Cougar Town is much less silly than Scrubs. Don’t get me wrong — I love silliness when it’s funny.

Comment by Davey – January 17, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So are they changing the title or not? I’m tired of hearing Bill Lawrence complain about it. Either pick a new one or shut up about it.

Comment by Abe Froman – January 17, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!! Counting down until Feb 14th! Welcome back cul-de-sac crew!!!!!!!! Penny caaaaaaaaaan!

Comment by JJ – January 17, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heart Cougartown!! Maybe I will watch ABC now. Still scorned over AMC and OLTL being canceled. What the heck is going on over their anyway..?
    SMH….

Comment by Eva – January 17, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!!!!!!!

Comment by Stephanie – January 17, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I just started watching this show a few days ago. I was one of the many people who refused because of the name but I’ve been hearing nothing but good things about it. I’m so glad I started because it’s so funny! I love it!

Comment by Samantha – January 17, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post