90210's Jessica Stroup Teases Taboo Romance, a Surprising Truce and Silver's New Mystery Friend

The CW’s 90210 as of late has kind of become The Naomi Clark Show, and we’d like to counter that with some much-needed Silver scoop.

With the series resuming Season 4 this Tuesday at 8/7c, Jessica Stroup tells TVLine what’s ahead for West Bev’s artsy alum, including a new love triangle, unlikely friendships and the possibility of a fresh start with Adrianna.

THE OLDER MAN | Last we saw, Silver was hellbent on starting a life with her married (!) new beau. So, has the rushed romance stuck? “Silver’s in a predicament,” Stroup teases. “She’s really trying to convince herself that she’s into this new guy, but he has all of these secrets.” Oddly enough, an upcoming conversation between Silver and Navid “ends up revealing” some of Greg’s privileged info, which ultimately results in “some big life lessons coming Silver’s way.”

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on 90210 Returning to Its Roots!

THE EX | Stroup reveals that while Silver “will find out fully what went down” between Navid and the feds, the duo won’t rekindle their romance right away. “Navid will try whatever he can to let her know that this was all for her,” says the actress, “but it may just be too late, because she’s trying to move on.”

THE FORMER GAL-PAL | Braces yourselves for a shocker: Silver is actually on her way to forgiving Ade for her pill-switching, boyfriend-stealing, nude photo-posting indiscretions. “The one thing Silver never thought possible is that she’d actually understand Adrianna and why she did the things that she did,” Stroup shares, “but there’s stuff coming up with these two finding a truce.”

THE NEW-OLD FRIEND | “Toward the end the season, Silver is going to find a new friend in one of [the group members] who she hasn’t necessarily found that in before,” Stroup teases. What’s more, this new companionship “leads her down a whole different path for career choices.” Let’s guess who it might be: She’s dated Dixon and Navid, and she’s palled around with Annie, Ade, Naomi and kind of Ivy…. Perhaps Raj or Liam is her new bud?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews

1. Imo says:

Nice, more focus on Silver. She’s my favourite character so it’s nice that she’s going to be having a lot of good story lines coming up. Also Raj? didn’t he leave?

2. Captain says:

I’m thinking it’s Liam she becomes friends with. Maybe he gets her into the bar industry? Nah, it’s probably Ivy and she gets her into photography.

3. Mare says:

hate what they did to silver since season 1! She was such a strong character, smart, independent and beautiful! but now she is everything beside that! But okay she is getting back on the track ! XD More Silver without Navid!

4. Nate says:

Don’t dare to hook up Liam and Silver ! He belongs with Annie, that couple is so unfair treated!

5. Caroline says:

Lol, whatch out Liam, Silver is so coming after you to complete her cicle!!!!
    This show is so ridiculous now, writers are so desperantly ruining main reason people watch this show – Lannie. I seriously can’t handle this mess any longer.

• Danny says:

People watch it for Lannie??? Really? are you serious? I hate them together.

• qin says:

it doesn’t matter if YOU hate them, some people do. But MAJORITY of viewers make their fanbase. Haven’t you noticed that people are asking for Lannie even in none related topics.

6. kiwi says:

NO LIAM AND SILVER NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LANNIE FTMFW!

7. Molly says:

lol leave it to Lannie fans to blow things out of proportion already. I’m really excited to see all of these stories unfold, Jessica Stroup is so talented. Glad to see the writers are remembering there are other characters on this show other than Naomi!

8. sarah says:

Greg’s daughter is the baby Ade gave up for adoption and I guess we are supposed to forget that he is not the same actor as they had when she gave her baby up.
    I would say her new close friend with be Ivy or Liam. I loved her and Teddy’s friendship and I think her and Liam could have the same type of friendship

• Brandy says:

Ade & her daughter sl is what im most excited about for the second half of the season (hoping lannie gets back together too).

9. tanasi says:

NO WAY Liam and Silver will hook up. Don’t do that to me , pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeee

Lannie is what we want!

10. silvia says:

I don’t even know haha. I’m disagreeing with everything new writers do:
    – this endless Lannie drama, just leave them alone for God’s sake
    – Silver the new lead, no way in the world. I’m not liking how they are forcing Naomi down my throat each minute but I’m absolutely not welcoming idea of giving it to Silver
    – characters are inconsistable, moody and absolutely dumb
    – anyone needs just ASAP end this lame fame and music storylines involving Liam, Dixon and Adrianna. That’s childish. Like a person who is 20+ I feel too grown up to watch it. I know it’s teenagers related, but nowadays teenagers are also to grown up to believe that one day you’ll go for a walk meet Madonna and become queen of stage

• Brandy says:

I agree, annie is supposed to be the lead but I like naomi too just not “the naomi show”, ade would be a good lead, but I definitly dont want Silver as lead, I cant stand her.

11. leila says:

Silver better stay the hell away from Liam

12. qin says:

I don’t want Liam and Silver to make it couply. he should be with Annie

13. Lexie says:

Why is Adrianna the only one who needs forgiveness? Silver was way in the wrong too. If you remember it was her boyfriend stealing ways that caused all this mess to begin with.

• Mare says:

But she didn’t try to kill her by switching her MEDs!

• samantha says:

what Ade did was wrong , but Silver didn’t come clean out of this story either. It annoyes the hell out of me, how she acts like if she did nothing wrong and everyone surrounding her are guilty of something but she’s the one white and pure. HYPOCRITE!

I don’t like this coming Liam/Silver friendship, she can’t keep her legs close near a guy.

• Brandy says:

I couldnt agree more or have said it better samantha, I hate Silver! Silver better not become lovey dovey with liam, lannie rules!

• Brandy says:

ITA lexie, thanks for saying it. People hate Ade for what she did(which was wrong) but Silver cheated with the guy her longtime bff called “the love of her life”(season 2 episode wild alaskan salmon or unmasked.

14. Stef says:

Why is Liam without blame ? They guy is a moron and douche. Annie deserves so much better than a puppy running from one chick to another. There is no forgiveness if he and Silver will have romance. Both these characters will be trashed and hopefully written out.

15. why says:

they need to stop playing with lannie fanbase, one day we’ll be fed up and abandon this show.
    we waited whole summer to find out liam found pointless widow, then we waited 6 months for Lannie to kiss,now we need to suffer through vanessa and at the desert silver is planning on tearing lannie apart. do we even should be dreaming about possible lannie reunion, because writers don’t seem to be planning giving them a break. if you want silver and liam, please just say so, i honestly don’t want to waiste my time for nothing and stop teasing us about possible lannie reunion when it clearly isn’t on horizon

16. fernando says:

To those who say Naomi sucks and shouldnt be the lead ya need to STFU, because shes the only reason this show is good, She hits all the right notes, she can make the show very funny to watch then she can bring great drama to the show and shes the only person on the show who have grown up and change from snubby to an inspring women, shes like a Brooke Davis but on 90210 but of crouse Brooke is better. If Nia was no longer on the show or the lead of the show, it would fall apart because Sliver is ok but she could not lead a show and dont let me start on Annie, no one but Naomi can lead the show and if there ever would be a spin off they could only do it on her or teddy cuz they have great stories to tell on their own, any one else on this show have a spin off and their show would get cancel in two weeks. So back off my girl.

• emily says:

I think Naomi is too shallow for a lead. Yeah, she is funny, but this isn’t comedy show, so I find it ridiculous how they putting in a center a girl who only dreams about popularity.

Annie is a much better and developed character with biggest amount of drama that deserves to be treated better.

• Brandy says:

Please, jessica lowndes as adrianna, annie,liam naomi are the only things worth watching this show for. I like naomi most of the time, but shes not the whole show, not the prettiest girl or best actress.

17. Dara says:

Lannie fans, CHILL OUT. They said absolutely nothing about a Liam/Silver romance or if if new old friend was even Liam. You guys are acting crazy and ridiculous.

18. Diana says:

I am a big Silver fan as well! And I am drawing sick of the Lannie back and forth. Stronger character development would help the whole show!

19. why says:

this is so obvious they are going to throw Silver in lannie mix now. I’ so over his stupisidy, someone please explain to me why ANYONE has to fight for this moron and looser ? Give a normal hot guy to Annie, that treats her right and don’t humiliate because of some sluts.

Liam|Silver will ruin this show completely, just in case writers think they won’t.

20. truthtobetold says:

NO WAY IN 10000000 YEARS I’LL WATCH THIS SHOW IF LIAM WILL DATE SILVER. STOP HURTING ANNIE ALREADY!