True Blood: 6 Tantalizing Scoops From Season 5

Vampires, shapeshifters and werewolves were among the guests raising a glass to the Golden Globes at HBO’s post-show soiree Sunday night at the Beverly Hilton. We’re talking, of course, about the True Blood cast, several of whom were in a fairly chatty (read: scoopy) mood. Herewith are six of the meatiest, juiciest teases we extracted from them.

1 | Janina Gavankar revealed that “a major thing happens to Luna early in the season, and it’s going to change her life forever.”

2 | The cast learned that Chris Meloni was Bon Temps-bound last month at a table read, news that elicited “gasps” throughout the room, recalled Gavankar. “We’re so excited to have him.”

3 | Alcide’s days of playing Mr. Nice Guy are over. “As you saw at the end of Season 4, he’s not taking anyone’s s— anymore,” said the man-beast’s portrayer, Joe Manganiello. “Now you’re going to see an Alcide who’s going to slam you up against the wall and do his thing. Who doesn’t like being slammed up against the wall, right?” Asked to clarify his use of the word “slam” — i.e. is it a euphemism for, ahem, another s-word — Manganiello cracked a devilish smile and replied, “It could be a fun slam. And it could be an angry slam. You never know?” He then reminded us that, “Alcide is single.”

4 | The latest True Blood script Manganiello read contains “some really fun [Alcide-Sookie] stuff,” he revealed. “Stuff that makes you really nervous… I’m watching my words really carefully.”

5 | Ryan Kwanten hinted that Jason may have bitten off more than he could chew with regard to his romance with Jessica. “As you know, anyone who gets involved with Jason better have her wits about her,” he said. “But I think in this case, it’s Jason who better watch out. The tables have finally turned.”

6 | Where do you go after spending half of Season 4 being raped by a werepanther? “Even that can be topped,” teased Kwanten. “Jason was very lucky to survive; he was down for the count. He has a desire to life. I admire that in a man.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Vampiress says:

MORE ERIC!

That is all.

• ShylaC says:

Yes! More ERIC! And PAM!! xx

• TV fan says:

Eric’s family is always a blast, if its not his progeny then his maker, if it’s not them then his viking family and if its not them then his sister (Godric’s progeny). I can’t wait to see the day Sookie marries the Stackhouses to the Northman clan! It’s bound to be awesome

2. Lea says:

I want to see more eric!!!!

3. JohnnyDangerous says:

How about something that IS really tantalizing? Like….
    MORE VIKING!!!

4. Momo says:

More Alcide and Shifters? How about no.

How about more Eric and more Pam???? Let’s keep the show interesting Ball!

5. Cat says:

I like Alcide. He’s a good guy but i want more Eric and maybe more Pam?
    Please give us something good next season because season 4 was good till ep 4.08 than kinda meh.

• GOTfan says:

I couldn’t agree more. S4 was good until 4×08 then it went down hill from there. I also think Alcide is a good guy…but sadly quite uninteresting, imo.
      More meat and less filler please AB and Co. which equates to more Eric, Sookie & Pam.
      Thank you.

6. Snapy says:

Team BILL ftw!!

7. Ileana says:

Aww but where’s Eric??(:

8. boobear says:

More Bill and Sookie! Mix in a new Quinn! more True Blood in every character is always good! MORE MORE MORE!

• Blissa says:

Shove up your Butts,You Bill lovers!!!!! I want to see More Eric & Sookie!!! & I don’t want to see Eric nailing his sister Nora,but save Nora cr*p for Bill!!! Don’t mess this season up,Alan Ball!!!

I think Marcus’s mom Annie & his sis Nikki takes Emma from her & Luna falls in deep depressure.

9. Anon says:

More Alcide, Jason and Chris Meloni is ALWAYS a good thing.

I like Eric, but his story last season was really boring. And Sookie, Bill & Eric always get the most screen time, so I don’t see how people can complain about that.

10. Emily says:

Well, that was vague. However I am super pumped for this season, they need to redeem themselves from the trainwreck that was season 4. I really hope they do more involving the Authority and Newlin’s return because I’m sick of the “everyone’s in love with Sookie”-esque plotlines. The show was much more than that in the first three seasons, but it got a little ridiculous last season.

11. ASfandancer says:

Oh please, nothing about Alcide will ever be interesting since the actor is so wooden and robetic. His only contribution to this show is he growls a lot and takes his shirt off. I frankly have no interest in him shirtless or otherwise. Give me the Vampires any day. I want my Eric and Pam. I’ll decide about the new vampires when I see them.

12. Becka says:

I agree! More Eric!

13. Lina says:

Meh. I only pay HBO for ERIC.

• luckysookie says:

Too bas that is only reason you pay for hbo. There are lots of other good things to watch on it. I loved Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire and some of their other shows. I am going to watch some older series for free on HBOgo.com – they have wonderful documentaries too and movies.

14. luckysookie says:

I would not mind more Bill and Sookie chemistry. I love watching the love they have for each other. And it will be great to see Pams turning. I really do not like the whole werewolf and were this and that thingbut it was part of the books, so at least it belongs in show. I want to know if Tara was turned.

15. Jodi says:

I guess I’m one of the few that can’t get enough of the Weres. I love Alcide..in print and on the screen. That being said..Quinn has GOT to make an appearance but I sure hope they cast him carefully. He has got to be sexy. He is a Weretiger after allB

16. Yuki says:

More BILL!!! PLEASE!!!

• Annonymous says:

I think this is the year of the werewolf/fairy if you catch my drift. Bill would have to wait until Alcide makes his move if he wants to steal Sookie from Eric. The Sheriff is still winning IMO

17. Rina says:

Can’t wait until S5. I hope to see werewolf politics and a battle for new leadership. Weres are animals. Let’s see what they are really capable of. I bet Alcide drags Sookie into werewolf stuff just like in the books. Also can’t wait to see what the Authority does with Bill and Eric, and how Eric turned Pam. Want to see how the weres deal with Sam’s involvement. Tired of Sookie’s love life. I hope she stays single and pines for the guys for a change. Maybe she can meet her fairy cousins and learn how to use her microwave fingers properly. Hope the other side stories are interesting and that Todd Lowe and Cris Bauer get cool and challenging storylines. Hope Jessica and Jason are really hot in S5. Waiting sucks!

18. Rina says:

Oh, and forgot to mention. Can’t wait to see Chris Meloni in S5. Yay!

19. Team Sookie says:

More Eric, more Eric, more Eric!!

Who cares about Alcide? Joe always talks up his role and never has much screen time. Let’s hope for no Alcide/Sookie nookie in season 5.

Bring on the Viking and Telepath!!

20. CharlesP. says:

Eric is such a fascinating character.
    So much potential history can be tapped from an unlife of a thousand years. I am looking forward to his turning of Pam and some of their back-story.
    I enjoyed season 4, especially Eric’s story arc.His vulnerability was endearing. His innocence was charming and funny. His protectiveness over Sookie and hers in return was a delight. Alan Ball really played up the romantic aspect between them in a way that felt genuine and not contrived nor traditional. Trapped in their own little bubble of contentment until it came time to fight back and restore the Viking to his former self.
    It will be so intriguing to see how Eric will come to terms with these unchartered feelings of love for Miss Sookie.

21. evs says:

less supporting actors stories more on main character! they are all talented but adding more people is draining the desire to watch. cut back on the supes

• Cat says:

So agree with this. To many characters people don’t care about and to many secondary plots also. They should focus more on the “main cast”. It’s hard to not get bored at some point.

22. TB Fan says:

Chris looks hot in that picture.. I recently watched Oz and I loved him in it and I think he’ll fit in nicely with this cast. The cast is getting too huge though! As much as I like each character and find each one sexy in their own way I just feel its too much sometimes. I wonder if Tara is dead? Anyone know anything?

23. Lori says:

More Viking is what we need! Alcide is duller than dishwater

24. Lisa says:

Two words More ERIC.

25. JohnDoe says:

The only thing that matters: Russell Edgington is back! He’s gonna raise the quality of the show with his awesome screen-presence.

26. Julie says:

I’ll agree with those who said that once 4×08 had gone season four was meh…
    And I do want more Eric… his memories are back so it should only make things hotter between him and Sookie.
    But this: “Now you’re going to see an Alcide who’s going to slam you up against the wall and do his thing”
    Not really an Alcide fan, but the mental images I’ll have in my head until June are pretty freaking amazing! *swoon*
    Can’t wait until the new season!!

27. Alice says:

It is about this point in the books that Alcide turns into a whiny douche, so I’m interested to see if Alan Ball can make him likable. But what I really want is the return of Russell, the most charming super-villian ever. And for Tara to be killed. Soon. Most annoying character now that Tommy’s dead.

• Danielle H says:

Did you miss out on the season finale? Russell is for sure coming back, and Tara isn’t even alive ATM. We don’t know whether they are going to bring her back supernaturally or not.

BTW, is the same poster posting under different names or is every single person on here really asking for more Eric and Pam? I concurr, I just find it interesting, lolll.

28. Carona says:

NEED I SAY MORE MORE ERIC ,MORE PAM ,,, THEN MORE ERIC

29. Anita says:

Bring on angry Alcide. I’m over the vampires and am looking forward to some Alcide. I think Alcide is going to rule next season. I hope Alan Ball doesn’t follow the books and have Eric and Sookie get married at least not in the underhanded, crappy, way it happened in the books. That will just make Eric look like a total ass and Sookie an idiot. I hope he either leaves that completely out or changes it.

30. jenpero says:

no1curr about alcide

31. Candice says:

Agreed with many of the comments above. It’s TRUEBLOOD let’s keep the vamps in focus and less the hairy animals.

32. Fsanchez says:

What i heard about Alcide, in season 4, makes me think Alcide is gonna be a He-Diva in sesson 5. Mr Nice is actually gonna be Mr Queen Bitch.

33. Caitlyn says:

In the second Sookie Stackhouse novel, Lafayette gets killed. Does he die eventually? I have only watched season 1-3.

34. Michelle Barnett says:

Alright I can understand why people love Eric and some like bill but wtf with pam…and sookie is conflicted between bill and Eric. Also when bill and sookie look at each other you see the love in there eyes for each other and the desire to hold and love each other *wink* and the looks between eric and sookie is slightly different I think. I won’t doubt about the love she may feel for him but I think there is more of a pull Between bill and sookie this season. Sorry Eric fans but I’m trying the best I can to level out the playing field.