Seen & Heard: Hot Golden Globes Scoop on Glee, Grey's, Chuck, Game of Thrones and More!

In between snapping photos of my your favorite celebs at Sunday’s Golden Globe Awards, I trolled the red carpet, ballroom and after parties looking for — what else — spoilers on my your favorite shows! What follows are the scoopiest bits — and juiciest observations — from my Golden adventure, with ample assists from my fellow Globe-trotters Megan Masters and Vlada Gelman.

GLEE AND MODERN FAMILY | 20th Century Fox Television’s quick-thinking head of communications, Chris Alexander, devised a nifty work-around to the major seating shortage in the Beverly Hilton ballroom that squeezed out some cast members from Glee and Modern Family. Moments before the best comedy series trophy was handed out, Alexander were seen quickly escorting the supporting casts of both shows – including Max Adler, Ashley Fink and Dot Marie Jones from Glee and several of the Modern Family kids — to the back of the ballroom so they’d be ready to join their castmates on stage in the event either won (which MF did). Very classy.

Backstage at the Golden Globes: Who Said What?

GLEE | Mark Salling confirmed that Puck’s fling with Shelby is over. He also seemed to rule out a reunion with Quinn. “Puck is going back to being a swinging bachelor,” he told us.

GLEE | Paramedics were called to the ballroom at the conclusion of the ceremony to attend to Naya Rivera (Santana), igniting a mini-panic on Twitter. “She is completely fine,” a 20th rep told TVLine afterwards. “It was very warm and crowded and she felt lightheaded so we erred on the side of caution.”

GLEE | Prior to the ceremony, Helen Mirren’s face lit up when I raved about her awesome guest stint on this week’s Glee. “I loved doing it,” she gushed.

Golden Globes: 10 Most Memorable Moments

CHUCK | Zach Levi, who we observed mingling with everyone from Adam Levine to the female cast of Glee in the ballroom during commercial breaks, told TVLine that the show’s Jan. 27 swan song “is very homage-y,” adding, “There are nods to the pilot and the first few episodes of the first season. We come full circle on the characters and the relationships. There’s a lot of Square 1 stuff, and I think the fans will get a real kick out of it.”

GREY’S ANATOMY | “It’s crazy town,” Kate Walsh said of the upcoming alternate reality episode of Grey’s while sipping a cocktail at HBO’s celeb-packed post-Globes bash. “Everybody is totally different. Addison’s [still] married to Derek and she got a little bit of red lipstick and a severe hairdo. It was awesome.”

GAME OF THRONES | Emilia Clarke described Season 2 (bowing April 1) as “bigger and better,” adding that Daenerys is “competing in a man’s world. There’s a bit more political drama for her this season, which is very, very interesting to play.”

Golden Globes 2012: And The Winners Were…

AMERICAN HORROR STORY | Taissa Farmiga and Evan Peters admitted that they had no clue if they’d be back for the show’s second season, but Peters called Ryan Murphy’s decision to reset the storyline each season “a genius idea. You’d get tired of the house and all of those characters and everybody being dead – it would get stale. So this is a great idea to keep the audience interested.

HOMELAND | Mandy Patinkin revealed that his character, Saul, has three children on the show. Sort of. “One is Carrie, one is our country, and I think Brody becomes a child to him as well,” he shared. Regarding Season 2, he said there are “endless possibilities” story-wise. “We could still end up in the CIA this year,” he mused. “And if the political situation continues for Brody, eventually we might all end up morphing ourselves into Congress or the White House or something else, so Homeland might have begun with the CIA and might end up in a very different place.”

NEW GIRL | The rookie comedy is turning back the clock. “We’re going to revisit our past as friends,” revealed Lamorne Morris (Winston). “There are flashbacks, and you’ll see the beginning of Schmidt in our lives, too.” Added Jake Johnson (Nick): “Nick and Winston grew up together, so we’re going to explore that dynamic.”

Golden Globe Ratings Are In: How Big Were They?

BONUS TIDBITS…

* Even Buffy gets starstuck! At the HBO bash, Ringer leading lady Sarah Michelle Gellar geeked out when she realized she was standing mere feet from Jane Fonda.

* Former Jack & Jill and Studio 60 costars Amanda Peet and Sarah Paulson enjoyed an exuberant reunion on the red carpet. Peet ditched her hubby, Game of Thrones EP David Benioff, in the middle of an on-camera interview to warmly embrace pal Paulson.

* Will Arnett was rushing into the ballroom when he spotted Gerard Butler and proceeded to give him the biggest man hug in history.

* Dream team alert? Connie Britton and Aaron Sorkin were spotted deep in conversation inside the ballroom.

* First thing Big Bang Theory‘s Kaley Cuoco did when she got to the HBO party? Find the nearest available seat and kick off her Jimmy Choos.

* Piper Perabo (Covert Affairs) braved the rain-soaked pavement at the HBO party to catch up with her Imagine You and Me co-star Lena Headey (Game of Thrones).

Comments (35)

• The Will Arnett-Gerard Butler man hug did not happen unless there’s photographic proof. Please? Anyone?

Comment by Meg – January 16, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amanda Peet and Sarah Paulson have worked together a lot more recently than Jack & Jill. Studio 60, anyone?

Comment by Gem – January 16, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It says studio 60 right in the article.

Comment by Josh – January 16, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’d get tired of the house and all of those characters and everybody being dead – it would get stale.” Said in reference to American Horror Story resetting completely for season 2. WRONG. That is definitely true if the writing staff lacks imagination… And I guess this one does.

Do you know how many pilots (new shows) are offered to the networks every year?! A lot! And nearly all of them are rejected. So, Ryan Murphy naturally goes, “Hey, lets start a new show EVERY season.” Dumb.

Comment by DN – January 16, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Connie Britton and Aaron Sorkin collaboration would be the BEST THING EVER!

Comment by rachel – January 16, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Saracen Riggins – January 16, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!!

Comment by Mal – January 16, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Connie Britton was in a few episodes of the West Wing.

Comment by M – January 16, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was on West Wing for a stint

Comment by paige – January 16, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Time for all the Glee freaks to come here and start screaming at each other about Darren Criss…

So boring. So exhausting. Don’t they have anything else to do?

Comment by time – January 16, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, you’re the only one to mention him… He doesn’t even have anything to do with this article whatsoever.

Comment by Cheyenne – January 16, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought you had ‘Enlightened’ info?

Comment by Evan – January 16, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only reason I was going to tune into Glee again was if Puck and Quinn reunited after the shoddily handled season two. I’ll continue to read what’s on here to keep up with the plot line, but that’s all.

Comment by Liliana – January 16, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I honestly think they are heading in the Quinn/Puck direction. It’s the only reason I’m still tuning in. It’s Mark, after all. He says things that get misinterpreted all the time. All of season 3 thus far would be pointless in there wasn’t something ahead for Quick.

Comment by Kendal – January 16, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If both actors don’t come back for season 4, then I can see them ending up together. But if they do come back, then no more Quick.

Comment by noah – January 16, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At the same time, he teased the Shelby/Puck plot line a lot more heavily than it turned out in the show, so hopefully he’s just trying to do the same thing with this. They’re the reason I still watch too, seeing as how their other couples are so nauseatingly over-done. They seem like the first “real” couple on the show, so hopefully they get their act together. If not, their whole last few seasons teasing their baby and quasi-relationship would be a waste. Lame.

Comment by Brooke – January 16, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree, Puck and Quinn are the main reason why I watch the show. The other couples dont have the same complex storyline as these two do. I am hopeful that Mark was just taken out of context and that Quick will be endgame, if not, expect a very angry group of fans.

Comment by Shae – January 16, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! I really hope he means that Puck is going to be single for an episode or 2 then reunite with Quinn! They have the best chemistry and storyline on the show!

Comment by Kerry – January 16, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope so too.

Comment by Me – January 18, 2012 03:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree. I watch glee only because of this two! If they don

Comment by Barbara – January 16, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree. I watch glee only because of this two! If they dont give us Puck/Quinn.. i just caaaaaaaaaaant. WHY THEY DONT GIVE A CHANCE FOR PUCK AND QUINN!

Comment by Barbara – January 16, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sarah Michelle Gellar was just beautiful.

Comment by Dane – January 16, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re telling me! It’s like she keeps getting more and more gorgeous every time I see her on TV, and she always has that beautiful smile.

Comment by Carrie Ann – January 16, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got a major kick of your Zachary Levi twitpics with everyone from Adam Levine to the Glee kids last night, Ausiello. That man gets around. And implants ideas on our hopeful fans’ heads that he may guest star in one of his many friends’ TV shows. *ahem*Community/Castle/Modern Family/Glee/anything*ahem*
    Savoring these last few scoops, too. Wow, can’t believe we’re at the point we’re they’re dishing about the finale already. I think a Season 1 rewatch is in order… Anything to get myself even more emotional by the sure-to-be epic finale. Fedak is like the king of reminiscing and homage.

Comment by Aiden – January 16, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What if the reason they go back to basics is because sarah loses most of her memories after using the intersect too much o_O

Comment by fiona – January 16, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Chuck tidbit! Can’t wait to see which nods to the pilot they include!

Comment by marianne – January 16, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Modern Family kids, they are just as good as the adults but they get the shaft!!!
    SMG looked stunning!
    I loved Jack and Jill it was such a good show !!!

Comment by sarah – January 16, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope mark doesn’t really know what he’s talking about..I’m really hoping for Puck and Quinn to be together and if they don’t then I’m done with this show and it’s crappy storylines

Comment by Lea – January 16, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! couldnt have said it better.

Comment by Kate – January 16, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the Piper Perabo and Lena Headey thing was gorgeous. I love ‘Imagine Me and You’. I liked that Kaley Cuoco immediately stripped off her shoes. That’s something I could imagine myself doing.

Comment by Phelia – January 16, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was struggling to come up with a good comparison for what AMH is doing with the idea of using the same actors as different characters and it just hit me – AMH is Mullholland Drive.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 16, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m quite interested to see how Homeland resolves the issue with Carrie being out of the CIA. It would be weird if they just took her back after finding out about her mental disorder, wouldn’t it? I just can’t see how it would be believable that she could get her job back no matter how smart she is, especially since not even the man who has the most faith in her can believe her (actually quite spot-on) psychotic rants about Brody. I’m very curious to see what they do. Too bad I will have to wait quite a few months for the show’s return.

Comment by Amber – January 16, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the CHUCK scoop….Always much appreciated :)

Comment by Tater – January 16, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taissa Farmiga looked so stunning at the Globes. I hope she is one of the three brought back as she is so talented, and many enjoyed seeing her on TV.

Comment by Louise – January 17, 2012 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Quinn/Puck get back together on Glee.

Loved the idea of the alternate reality on Grey’s. Can’t wait to see Addison on GA again.

Loving Sarah Michelle Gellar’s look. She has that million-dollar smile and was just glowing.

Comment by Naomi – January 17, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post