Glee Scoop: Chris Colfer Talks of 'Fun' Season 4 Plan, Kurt's 'Replacement' and MIA Blaine

While others are touting Glee‘s plan to not spin off the graduating characters (but instead keep them around via some top-secret storytelling device) as “revolutionary,” Chris Colfer prefers a different adjective.

“My word is fun,” the actor shared on the Golden Globes red carpet on Sunday night. “I really think it’s a great idea and I’m looking forward to it. It’s never been done before.”

Glee Spoiler Alert: Cast Teases Which Couples Are Heating Up (and Cooling Off)

Regardless of how Kurt remains in the Glee picture, the fact is he will be graduating from McKinley High — and that is where Colfer suspects bad boy Sebastian (recurring player Grant Gustin) comes in, as a rumored Season 4 regular.

“Maybe he’ll take Kurt’s place?” Colfer ventured. “[People] are going to hate me for saying that, but it’s just logic.”

Glee‘s Michael Jackson Tribute: Who’s the Villain, Who’s Dueting, and Who’s Warming the Bench?

Right now, Colfer is working without his leading man, Darren Criss, who is busy succeeding Daniel Radcliffe in Broadway’s How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Where does that leave “Klaine,” especially with the most romantic of holidays on the horizon?

Glee Scoop/Spoilers From the Golden Globes!

“You’ll find out how [Blaine] leaves for a little bit and then comes back, but it’s nothing too bad or serious,” Colfer hinted. As for how long Klaine fans will have to do without, Colfer said that Criss will be around through the Michael Jackson tribute episode but miss the Ricky Martin visit and the Valentine’s Day episode. That said, he promised there is “fun stuff going on for the rest of us.” (With reporting by Meg Masters)

1. steve says:

The moronic klaine fans remind me of those fat highschool girls who watch yaoi on Japanese cartoons so they can live vicariously through it to see what its like to be with a man. You should all just desu desu desu yourselves and get a life. It’s just a show.

• Kaley says:

My thoughts exactly.
      I suppose most Klainers are neither gay themselves nor remotely interested in LGBT issues. They just want to watch some hot guys making out (without any equally hot females involved they could be jealous about). Maybe the writers really should pair up Blaine and Sebastian and let Kurt be single again. This way all the yaoi-otakus could have their „hot“ couple to obsess about and Kurt maybe finally could have some nice character-development or interesting storylines again.

• me says:

This is very offensive to true yaoi fans who hate Klaine, like me. Everytime that disgusting Darren dares to touch the perfection that is Chris I want to vomit. And also I am not fat that is a misconception. Maybe in true yaoi style we should shove corn up your butt! Look it up if you don’t know what I’m talking about :)

2. Em says:

I’m legit teary eyed right now… BLAINES NOT IN THE VALENTINES DAY EPISODE!!!!!!!!???????????? NOOOO!!!! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO KLAINE SCENES!!!! AND NOW U MUST TELL ME THAT THE EPISODE IM GETTING SO EXCITED FOR JUST BECAUSE ITS ON THAT SPECIFIC DAY HAS NO BLAINE WHICH MEANS NO KLAINE!!!!!!!??????? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! although im happy that hes suceeding on broadway!!! :D <3 darren!!

3. Erin says:

Aw, stop with the Darren hate. If it weren’t for him, we wouldn’t have Klaine. And also, he does have a personality! He is quite shy-ish, and sweet. He’s been abused by people because of being gay and I guess that’d make him really closed in.
    And also, I’d like to see what Finchel and Kurt are like out of high school? They are not saying they’ll be in EVERY episode, they just said they’d appear regularly.
    Also, don’t you want to find out where they all go? They can’t just leave the show then that’s it!
    Everybody’ll want to know what happens to them next, as adults.
    Anyway, I love Glee – it is pratically my life. I love every character, because EVERY character makes the show. :)

4. Shawni says:

Why does everyone hate Klaine and Klaine fans? I don’t get it!

5. tara says:

I hope kurt gets to punch sebastian before he graduates

6. Lily says:

Hi, I only wanted to sais that in the context of the show I love Blaine, I mean he was Kurt oasis after what happened whit Finn and Sam, Kurt was alone, and needed someone who understand him, and even if blaine is presented only as Kurt boyfriend he is good for him, but I think also that the producers could give him more background , and abaut his singing I fell in love whit “Baby is cold outside” and “Candels” and in this new season whit “perfect”, and yes I am a Kleane fan but I´m 29 years old, and pround of loving them, and really upset because I was loking forward to se Kleine in the chapter but well so is life…

7. Grace says:

not happy about Darren missing VDay. it wont be the same.. :'( but i have to say he did perform phenomenally on H2SBWay

8. Erin says:

I’m glad they’re staying… I’m interested in finding out where 2 of my favourite characters are going. Chris Colfer is such an amazing influence on people… We need to keep his acting and morals around for as long as possible… There is no one out there like him! I’m like the biggest Klainer so, I hope they stay together… Darren is just a sweetheart ;)

9. WantedMirrors says:

No freaking way that I will watch the show next season if the genius that is Chris Colfer will not be participating. The only times when I absolutely adored Glee was when Chris was seen on my screen. Pure in everything he does, that man. Don’t really care for Blaine or Sebastian, I must say, considering I find them both annoying. Shipwars bore me and the way some people talk about the FICTIONAL characters is petty and kind of sad. I ship Kurt/Happiness, and I swear if the writers screw him once again over I will stick to my Fanfiction.

10. isabelle says:

Love all the Glee characters, love Klaine, so please do not splet them up,

11. Adam says:

Klaine break up just for a minute just for the Whitney Houston episode

12. Sidra says:

Darren is pure magic! Sebastian is damn hot!! But the Blaine character is boring in season 3.I hope he will be with Sebastian in season 4 because I can’t stand that kurt boy! I just hate him! I wished for Blaine to cheat on him with Sebastian! Now that would be interesting and would give the Blaine character a lot of edge

13. Harriet says:

Funny how any Grant hate is leapt upon and passed off as being said by Klainers/Blaine stans, anything that remotely supports Darren and/or Blaine is made fun of and anything that supports Grant/Sebastian is applauded. And funnily enough. All by the same people. Tragic.

14. Into Dark says:

Just another Show which took the absolute WRONG DIRECTION with letting their Faves go,i mean whats the Problem about giving Glee a WHOLE NEW DIRECTION and INCLUDE the Storyline of the Members who graduate the Highschool??? Their Dreams,their Success, their Losses, their Tears??? Why shooting them out completely??
    NOT WORTH WATCHING FOR ME ANYMORE!!!

15. rebecca says:

If klaine break up and seblaine happen i will send a VERY long hate letter to mr. Murphy because, seblaine is just wrong. Klaine 4 life!

16. rebecca says:

WHY DID CHRIS AND LEA HAVE TO GRADUATE BUT JENNIFER AND DARREN DIDN’T???? And what about Finn? Why is no one talking about what happens to Finn? Honestly …
    FYI I ship Klaine,and darren criss is a big part of my life, but klaine shouldnt be separated …