Exclusive

Exclusive: Hawaii Five-0 Books Dennis Miller

Dennis Miller is putting his acting hat back on with a guest stint on Hawaii Five-0, although the role will hardly be a stretch.

Hawaii Five-0/NCIS: LA Crossover Scoop!

The former Saturday Night Live newsreader, occasional thespian and current radio personality will play a now-retired iconic talk radio DJ who, bored with his life of leisure, starts up a self-financed pirate radio show in Hawaii.

Miller’s episode is slated to air during February sweeps.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News

1. Seb says:

When my eye skimmed past this I thought it said Dennis hopper, then it made me sad because I remembered Dennis hoppers dead :(

2. MA says:

Dennis is GREAT, and very FUNNY. He is fun to listen to on the radio and watch.

• Daniel says:

No, he’s really not funny. He wasn’t before he was a conservative and he’s even less funny now.

• brutony says:

Shut up, lib! Just because he’s patriotic makes him bad, and unfunny? As opposed to that regular riot Michael Moore, right? Or that barrel of laughs Bill Maher?

3. Jo says:

When you said his role would not be a stretch, I was assuming he’d be playing an unfunny failed comic.

4. JD says:

Hmmm. Dennis Miller used to be funny, but it was about this time 10 years ago that things fell apart. He lost the Monday Night Football gig that he only had for two seasons and seemed to take it pretty rough. I remember him trying to make a lot of self-depricating jokes about losing that job, but they just came off as bitter, desperate jabs at ABC thinly veiled as self-criticism. A few months later, HBO announced they were cancelling Dennis Miller Live and he hasn’t done any quality work since then. I loved his HBO show and watched it every week, but 2002 was a tough year for him and he never recovered. His CNBC show was a joke, and while I haven’t listened to his radio show, his last two HBO specials were unimpressive and unfunny. I’ll definitely watch the episode because I like Hawaii Five-0, but I don’t think Miller’s casting will make the episode any better.

• CJ says:

I didn’t think he was funny before that. He’s one of those “I’m so smart, of course everyone will bow down at the altar of my sarcastic genius” comics, like Denis Leary and Bill Maher. They’re never as funny or intelligent as they think they are. Maybe his character will get violently murdered early in the episode–that’s the only way I think his appearing on the show can be a satisfying experience for the audience.

5. Alessandro says:

ich bin gespannt ,)

6. Dean Kuusela says:

Looking forward to seeing Dennis on the show. Ok he wasn’t the greatest football personality but should be funny seeing him battle words with the 5-0 team.

7. David M says:

This redneck super right wing boor should stick to Fox News, where he belongs. Hawaii is a liberal state.

8. John says:

He was great on SNL and had an HBO gig for 10 years, so a lot of people think he’s great.

I love Dennis on the radio, he ‘s not that conservative (actually he’s socially liberal) and talks common sense.

What’s up with people today? No one can voice an opinion without people getting seriously nasty and hateful.
    Grow up people.

• MauiSun says:

The guy has made a business of criticizing the president in a highly mocking and disrespectful manner. Are you saying he should be able to dish it, but should not have to take it?

• CJ says:

1. I disagree with you about the quality of his work on SNL.
      2. I’ve never heard his political opinions.
      3. I hate him for his personality and lack of talent. Much of the criticism of him I’ve heard is in a similar vein.

9. Dave says:

Looking forward to seeing Dennis on the show. I enjoyed watching the show. Brings back memories of visits to Hawaii.

Thanks
    Dave

10. Dennis wasn’t the best fit for Monday night football, but I enjoy his radio show and hope he clicks with the 5-O team. I’ve loved the time I’ve spent in Hawaii.