Exclusive

Gossip Girl Exclusive: Look Who's Returning!

Uncle Jack is back!

Desmond Harrington has inked a deal to reprise his role as Chuck’s duplicitous Uncle Jack on Gossip Girl later this season, executive producer Josh Safran confirms to TVLine exclusively.

The Dexter regular made a cameo of sorts in Gossip Girl‘s fall finale when Jack’s voice was heard on the other end of a phone conversation with Liz Hurley’s Diana. This time, he’ll be returning in the flesh — and it sounds like he’ll be sticking around.

“He’ll be back for the last third of the season,” Safran reveals. “When Jack returns, he and Chuck are on good terms. Their story is more of a fun story than an antagonistic story. It’s really twisty and comic. And there might be some secrets that Jack will help Chuck to uncover.”

Gossip Girl returns from its holiday hiatus next Monday.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Captainclaudio says:

So, I guess Chuck did’t die.

2. Maya says:

OMG hot uncle Jack is back! Hallucinogenic mushrooms, anyone? lol Now give me CB and I’m one very happy GG fan.

3. Tina says:

Yay, I love Desmond and I like Jack Bass as well. I really hope he’s going to help Chuck unveiling some of his family secrets.

4. Chris says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!! More fun than antagonistic!! Im excited!!

5. Guest says:

Finally!!! I’ve missed him sooo much!!!!

6. Frannie says:

Best guest star news ever on Gossip Girl. I am so happy Jack is returning. I am hopeful Blair will be part of this story as well.

7. Ari says:

Is he done with Dexter or does this not interfere? I love Quinn!

8. roxie says:

OH YESSSS!!! I’m so happy to hear this. Especially the “it’s a FUN” story! Ed and Desmond have an AMAZING chemistry so bring it on!!

9. Wokie says:

He will also be in the season opener of Justified and he has a role in the Dark knight rises too. Good to see him back.

10. Mark says:

Chuck won’t die? :( Sad news.

11. Emily says:

This is the most exciting news I’ve heard about GG for a long time. I love Jack, especially if he’s working to HELP Chuck and not hurt him. I was thrilled to hear his voice in the midseason finale and just sooo happy he comes back in the flesh sooner rather than later. (Now if only we could get Blair in this story line too, I’d be just perfect)

12. kkstud says:

I’m all for it, if this means more Dair without Chuck and his crazy drama with Blair!

• give it a rest says:

how would you figure that that’s what it means? do you realize you just took a completely separate story line and made it part of your annoying shipper war?

13. alice says:

awww are you that threatened mark, for your dair(?) ship that you have to wish a character dead. #sad

• Mark says:

No. I don’t ship Dair (yet). I think Westwick has enough and the whole Chuck storyline has been rubbish since season 3. So I’m hoping for his death. It will bring more good drama.

14. josie says:

cool so jack and chuck will make up…so does that mean jack will get an invite to chuck and blair’s future wedding? hope so. Bring on the bass men! xD

15. E says:

So Chuck doesn’t care anymore that Jack tried to rape Lily or made him trade Blair for his hotel?

16. Sarah says:

I like Jack!. He’s the best guest of Gossip Girl. But,I do not want family plot for Chuck because they have already done. Hopefully it is not.

17. Allie says:

This is seriously the best GG news I’ve heard in like a year. I adore Desmond, and it sounds like Chuck will actually have a great storyline coming up, aside from just pining over Blair. Don’t get me wrong, I love CB, but I like them to both have separate storylines as well, it keeps the show interesting.

18. Mari says:

I’m wondering if Diana is Chuck’s mom??? Or some sort of relative of his? Hmm….

19. Joan says:

Love Uncle Jack!

20. Donna says:

Yayyyyyyyyyy. İ love him so much both desmond and Jack. Yay for scaly uncle coming back for good intentions hahaha. İ love all Bass Men! İ hope they find out something nice for Bart and it will soften Chuck’s heart even more against his father! And i really wish that they do not play with whole Chuck’s parenthood story again pls no! İts so lame! İt was enough that they have made her mom zombie!! Scaly uncle is better story and i hope they dont ruin it! Thx for the scoop! Always welcome desmond and jack bass. Love Chuck and Jack interactions hehe. Ed and Desmond are awesome. İ have enjoyed last season so much! İt was a great turn out-twist and i hope they continue like that! İ am also happy he will stick more than one episode this time and it will be fun yayyyyyyyy! So exited!

21. MSC says:

Awesome that Jack is coming back and it means a Chuck storyline! Now we need Blair involved in the story!

22. Mia says:

Finally something to look forward too! Jack is an awesome character, last season I loved that comedic side he had and previously I loved to hate him. If he isn’t coming back to torture Chucksomemore then I’m happy, although when I see the word fun I think about how Josh Safran thought this season was fun and I am filled with dread.

23. Marice says:

Getting a Chuck/Jack takedown is the 2nd best thing to getting a Chuck and Blair reunion. YES!

24. Jana says:

YAY for the Basstard coming back. Glad he and Chuck are not going to be antagonistic. It was time to move on from that story. I’m happy you guys were able to stop the Ban pimping long enough to talk about someone else’s Gossip Girl storyline for once.

25. Zari says:

OMG yes!!! Uncle Jack is back! His scenes with Chuck and Nate in 4.21 were hilarious! No more villainous Jack please!

26. Svenja says:

Jack is a good villain. Looking forward to it

27. Soph says:

Great news, love what his character brings to the show, drama, drama, drama and if it is going to fun and twisty even better.

28. Bella says:

He is the reason I watch gossip girl!!! can’t wait! Brilliant actor and gorgeous!!

29. Bianca says:

for me it was obvious that Chuck wouldn’t die ’cause GG it’s nothing (in my opinion)without Chuck and Blair and the producers aren’t idiot to kill something which gives much audience

30. Jason says:

Just put uncle Jack with Blair again…to spite all of the whiney ChuckNuts on this site.