Glee Preview: 15 Highlights From Next Week’s Swoon-Worthy 'Yes/No' Episode

Get More: Glee, Spoilers

Valentine’s Day is still a weeks away, but Glee’s already got a honey of a gift wrapped up and waiting for you — next week’s ultraromantic episode! How sweet is the hour, which focuses not just on Will’s proposal to Emma but on (almost) all of the show’s couples? Since one of us has seen it, let me count the ways…

1. This nagging mystery is solved in first five minutes, and not in the way that I thought it would be. (And for once, I’m glad I was wrong!)

2. Sam and Mercedes recount their months-long fling with a rousing rendition of “Summer Lovin’.”

3. Michael Chiklis gets a shout-out from Sue. Ditto David Boreanaz. (The latter fares better than the former, but both are equally hilarious.)

Blind Item: Which Hit Series is Whacking its Lead?

4. One couple elopes, and you’ll never guess which one. (Although, hey, you’re welcome to try. Hit the comments below… )

5. Not only do we get to see Emma in a wedding gown, we get to see Sue and Bieste as her bridesmaids. One of their dresses is really pretty. The other two? Erm…

6.  We called it! A new triangle (sorta) takes shape between Becky, Artie and Sugar! In other Becky news, she has a scene with the kinder, gentler Sue that is probably my favorite ever.

7. Finn gets some rather traumatic news about his [SPOILER] that will have serious implications on his future.

For Glee Scoop and Spoilers 24/7 Follow Ausiello on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

8. Sue checks the chip on her shoulder long enough to play guidance counselor to Artie. And — shocker — the role suits her.

9. NeNe Leaks’ cameo as Sam’s synchronized swimming coach isn’t the worst thing ever. In fact, she’s pretty funny. Upon meeting Sam for the first time, she sasses, “I’ve never seen lips like that on a while child.”

10. Artie gives Will some advice on proposing to Emma, then schools his teacher with a seamless-sounding mash-up of “Moves Like Jagger” with “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.”

11. Will chooses [spoiler] as his best man.

12. Santana, Rachel, Mercedes and Tina sing “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” and flash back to meeting their respective sweethearts, Brittany, Finn, Sam and Mike. (Britanna fans, prepare to hit the rewind button a lot.)

People’s Choice Awards 2012: The Three Best and Worst Moments!

13. When Will asks Emma’s parents for permission to marry her, it goes about as well as it might have if he’d asked Sue if he could become a Cheerio. Later, he and Emma have an especially moving moment. (Jayma Mays nails it!)

14. The episode climaxes with an amazeballs synchronized swimming number, with the whole gang performing Rihanna’s “We Found Love” in McKinley’s swimming pool as part of Will’s surprise proposal. It must’ve taken forever to shoot this thing, and you know what? It was worth it. It is ridiculously over the top. Unbelievably cheesy. Crazy romantic. And you’re gonna love every second of it. (I sure did.)

15. And just when you think the episode is over, there’s an outta nowhere twist that will have [SPOILER] ‘shippers calling an emergency meeting!

Got more Qs about “Yes/No”? Email ‘em to me via AskAusiello@TVLine.com and I’ll tackle them in next week’s AA!

Tags: ,

Comments (380)

• NAYA RIVERA ALL THE WAY………. XD I love Naya!!!!! The sexiest member of the glee club!!! and very attractive I love love you Naya!!

Comment by Eda – January 13, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brittana<3
    Always Forever

Comment by RL – January 14, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i liked season three so far because of the amount of screen time for puck, now that he hasnt got any it is boring me. Finchel needs to break up so puckleberry can get back together!!!!!

Comment by puckleberry – January 14, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The twist – neither of the klaines sing on of their horrible songs and the show is saved!
    Or both of them are killed and screentime hog Blaine is finally out out of this once great show.

Comment by Jerri M – January 14, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OUTSTANDING!!! (insert Sue’s gif here) XD

Comment by Maria – January 14, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol at “the show is saved”. I don’t think it would be. Ryan Murphy would have to be fired for that to happen.

I like Klaine though. So I might be biased.

Comment by Alois – January 14, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • damnit i want another Quick scene

(any1 who doesnt know, Quick=Puck+Quinn)

Comment by Luke – January 14, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did u see the show before it aired what site cuz i wont get my for like 2 weeks!!!

Comment by Gleefan – January 15, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, Brittana HAS to stay together because it’s kinda my life = yes I’m a lebanese loser and I’m proud LOL

Comment by Silke – January 15, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like there is going to be an unexpected couple getting together at the end like artie and quinn or something like that or finn will go to nyc with rachel whatever one i am fine with

Comment by Emily – January 15, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ….I don’t understand the whole ‘finchel’ relationship and why everyone is obsessed with it. I just don’t get it.

Blaine and Kurt own my heart <3 :)

Comment by tg – January 15, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK. Here is MY thinking. Rachel and Finn are so cliche, so overrated, so….well, unoriginal. In every damn T.V. show there is a couple like theirs. I adore Klaine. I really do. And I also adore Tina and Mike. I think that their story lines are both cute.

But then you have FINCHEL.

But really, tear me apart all you like. I, beyond anything (in gLee), ADORE Rachel and Jesse. Jesse treated her like the star that he knew she was. He respected her attitude and her talent without putting her down. He even said to Ms. Corcoran that he really likes her and he doesn’t want her to get hurt. Yes, I did see the episode where he crushed the egg on her head. I’m not saying he is an angel. But she did hurt him first. Run, Joey, Run DID break his heart. That was what he told Rachel. He said that “everyone says i’m the big heart breaker. but the truth is, you broke mine first.”

But then he came back.

Jesse was never unfaithful. He didn’t really pressure her in to sleeping with him. He told her that he would wait until she was ready. She deserved “epic romance”.

When Quinn was going out with Sam, she and Finn spent the night together doing god knows what. Finn didn’t feel one bit of remorse. Then they got mono, blah blah blah. But the second that Rachel only *made out with* Puck, he flipped. She told him because she felt bad about it. She wanted him to know that she would never do it again. She was just hurt and angry that he lied to her. But he threw her under the bus and dumped her.

When Jesse came back, he did everything to get her back. He had no ulterior motives. He came to the competition in New York because as Schue most delicately put it, he couldn’t stay away from her.

I truly hope that that [SPOILER] on number 15 is St. Berry.

I’m only stating my opinions. Really, there is no need to tear me apart. I know that I am probably going to be disappointed by this next episode, but…..I’m sure that I’ll still watch the show.

Comment by Giuliette – January 16, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um actually, its been confirmed that finn finds out his motber and father never actually got married and left when his mother was pregnant, making finn propose. Its left on a cliffhanger then the end seen we find out they elope. Sorry for the spoiler lol ;P

Comment by rachhh – January 16, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • where did you see that cuz i just saw the epoisode and that so is not why he proposed…

Comment by Manda – January 20, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want for rory to have a love interest on the show and have more of dialogue!!

Comment by bailey – January 16, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine is too perfect… Klaine was cute in the beginning, but now it makes me want to gag… I love Kurt, but Blaine needs to have some flaws!!! So far, his only flaw is that he kissed Rachel in BiotA…

Comment by h – January 16, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and Rachel has always been a stuck up cow!!!

Comment by h – January 16, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna see brittana in here. My heart is just pounding at the sight of brittana. God I love them together. They’re so cute! Wayyy better than finchel
    B
    R
    I
    T
    T
    A
    N
    A

Comment by BRITTANA SHIPPER – January 16, 2012 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The end scene is an EPIC Finchel scene. I think it’s Finn proposing to Rachel…

Comment by brianna – January 17, 2012 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!

Everything written here turns me on in a big way.

I CANT WAIT TILL TONIGHT!!!!!

Comment by M'chele – January 17, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its betsie and cooterbi live in Ohio just saw it

Comment by Sarah – January 17, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? That Brittana moment did NOT require a single rewind. Brittany’s smile was cute, totally, but… Come on.

Comment by Chelsey – January 17, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? Someone wake me when they finally kiss. A shared look is NOT going to do it anymore.

Comment by Trish – January 17, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you!
      I was really looking forward to the ‘rewind’-moment and it just didn’t show up.

Comment by D – January 18, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where can I get that bathing suit!?

Comment by Lindsey – January 17, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I love seeing Kurt happy he deserves it.. now if we can just get Punk a good girl that will change him and he will stay with i’d be happy… if they need an actress i will so volunteer. I need me some Mark lovin :P

Comment by Manda – January 20, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Jayma mays! someone put her name on am EMMY ballot for g-d sake…

Comment by keren – January 23, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hallo glee
    my name is josue am I your fen

Comment by josue azael – January 23, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …You know, the actors of Glee, the producers, the crew members, I reckon they’d all be ashamed of the fandom. You’ve all turned on each other, and I’m not saying I haven’t, but taking digs at a person because of a ship? How… pathetic is that? Look, I’m super glad about We Found Love, because it’s me. (: I’m not all too excited about the proposal, it’s Finchel. ‘Course, it’s a Finn move. Meh. BaiBye now.

Comment by Tahlia – February 2, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post