Glee Preview: 15 Highlights From Next Week’s Swoon-Worthy 'Yes/No' Episode

Valentine’s Day is still a weeks away, but Glee’s already got a honey of a gift wrapped up and waiting for you — next week’s ultraromantic episode! How sweet is the hour, which focuses not just on Will’s proposal to Emma but on (almost) all of the show’s couples? Since one of us has seen it, let me count the ways…

1. This nagging mystery is solved in first five minutes, and not in the way that I thought it would be. (And for once, I’m glad I was wrong!)

2. Sam and Mercedes recount their months-long fling with a rousing rendition of “Summer Lovin’.”

3. Michael Chiklis gets a shout-out from Sue. Ditto David Boreanaz. (The latter fares better than the former, but both are equally hilarious.)

Blind Item: Which Hit Series is Whacking its Lead?

4. One couple elopes, and you’ll never guess which one. (Although, hey, you’re welcome to try. Hit the comments below… )

5. Not only do we get to see Emma in a wedding gown, we get to see Sue and Bieste as her bridesmaids. One of their dresses is really pretty. The other two? Erm…

6.  We called it! A new triangle (sorta) takes shape between Becky, Artie and Sugar! In other Becky news, she has a scene with the kinder, gentler Sue that is probably my favorite ever.

7. Finn gets some rather traumatic news about his [SPOILER] that will have serious implications on his future.

For Glee Scoop and Spoilers 24/7 Follow Ausiello on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

8. Sue checks the chip on her shoulder long enough to play guidance counselor to Artie. And — shocker — the role suits her.

9. NeNe Leaks’ cameo as Sam’s synchronized swimming coach isn’t the worst thing ever. In fact, she’s pretty funny. Upon meeting Sam for the first time, she sasses, “I’ve never seen lips like that on a while child.”

10. Artie gives Will some advice on proposing to Emma, then schools his teacher with a seamless-sounding mash-up of “Moves Like Jagger” with “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.”

11. Will chooses [spoiler] as his best man.

12. Santana, Rachel, Mercedes and Tina sing “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” and flash back to meeting their respective sweethearts, Brittany, Finn, Sam and Mike. (Britanna fans, prepare to hit the rewind button a lot.)

People’s Choice Awards 2012: The Three Best and Worst Moments!

13. When Will asks Emma’s parents for permission to marry her, it goes about as well as it might have if he’d asked Sue if he could become a Cheerio. Later, he and Emma have an especially moving moment. (Jayma Mays nails it!)

14. The episode climaxes with an amazeballs synchronized swimming number, with the whole gang performing Rihanna’s “We Found Love” in McKinley’s swimming pool as part of Will’s surprise proposal. It must’ve taken forever to shoot this thing, and you know what? It was worth it. It is ridiculously over the top. Unbelievably cheesy. Crazy romantic. And you’re gonna love every second of it. (I sure did.)

15. And just when you think the episode is over, there’s an outta nowhere twist that will have [SPOILER] ‘shippers calling an emergency meeting!

Got more Qs about “Yes/No”? Email ‘em to me via AskAusiello@TVLine.com and I’ll tackle them in next week’s AA!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Glee, Spoilers

1. Linderella says:

Will’s best “man”? Bieste…okay, it’s probably Burt but Bieste was my first reaction! Eloping couple: Quinn and Puck. Finn’s bad news? Flunked military physical. All in all, it sounds like a really fun episode. The Becky storyline sounds really sweet, though.

2. MeName says:

#15 is probably Will / Emma. She says yes, then no!

3. Peter says:

My guess is that it is either Beiste/Cooter or Puck/Rachels’ mom (if the shows wants to go crazy?)

4. Maria says:

Gaaaaa! Kurt and Blaine need to elope!

5. Sayuri101 says:

I bet my life Brittana will elope! XD cuz you know santana wasn’t accepted by her mother(?) and she’s afraid of what people would say etc.

• Adriana says:

It was her grandmother who didn`t accept her. I doubt they`re the ones eloping.

• Ray says:

Hold on to that life of yours. No way it’s Brittana. It’s either Beistie/Cooter or Mike/Tina. OR I am liking the Puck/Shelby speculation. That’d be a HUGE WTF.

6. Jess says:

I think that Mike and Tina are going to elope- they are like the perfect power couple, and you can tell that they have this deep love for each other.(: They’re my favorite couple on Glee!<3

7. Klaine says:

How dare you? Klaine lives forever!!

8. michelle says:

to everyone disapointed that there are no klaine parts :
    THEY ARE BASICALY GETTING THE WHOLE TWO EFFING HOURS OF THE MICHAEL EPISODE?!
    the show isnt all about them.

• Andrea says:

THIS.ALL.OF.IT … Klaine is killing Glee… what about the rest of ND? they barely get screentime anymore… everything is about ‘poor Kurt and perfect prince-charming Blaine’ :P that’s why the ratings are getting lower each time: the main audience doesn’t care about Klaine.

9. Melissa says:

So… Stupid question.. I have seen websites where you can copy and paste the “spoiler” part and it will “decode” and show what its supposed to say.. Anyone know if there is a way to do this on this?

10. Lily says:

I know not many people like Quinn…I do…and I was hoping she would get back together with Sam. I still am not sure about Sam and Mercedes. I guess I have to see them together.

11. michelle says:

and i doubt klaine or brittana will elope… sorry gay marriage is still illeagal in ohio, i live here xD
    unless they went to ny or something… but i dont think its in the storyline /:

12. Kelley says:

I’m so excited for this episode!! It sounds so, so, so, so, SO good! And to all those complaining…These are just SPOILERS. They probably don’t include everything that is going to happen this episode! And DUDE, Glee is amazing, I don’t care if people think Finchel or Klaine or whatever is on screen too much. If you don’t like that, skip those parts or focus on the other parts. This show doesn’t revolve around y’all to make you happy. It’s a TV show, enjoy it, and let them do whatever they want. Otherwise it’s not a surprise! Anyway…LOVE Glee so much!! This definitely seems like it’s going to be one of the best episodes this season!!! (:

• Adriana says:

Thank you!!!! I wish everybody thought this way about the show instead of giving themselves a hard time over something they have no control to change…People need to let the writers do their job. If they did what fans want them to, the show wouldn`t be as interesting. It would be just a bunch of kissing and no plot whatsoever.

Brittana shippers who are complaining that they have not kissed..(I`m not even sure they`re even a couple because I don`t believe Brittany. Her character was amusing and sweet at the beginning but as time`s gone by I`ve realized she lacks coherence)..They have had their moments..well, at least Santana showed her affection that one time in a bed she was all over Brittany, kissing her neck and telling her how kissing and doing stuff with her wasn`t cheating on Artie.

• Sean C. says:

Brittany and Santana haven’t spoken in four episodes, and are the only couple on the show who have never kissed (and no, Santana nuzzling Brittany’s neck doesn’t count; none of the other couples have to settle for that, so this is blatant hypocrisy from a supposedly gay-friendly show).

• Robin says:

You know why people don’t take Brittana seriously? Because the writers don’t. They haven’t interacted in 5 episodes. 5!!!! And Brittany hasn’t spoken in 3-4 episodes now. Not even a hello. NOTHING. I’m not even that big of a Brittana shipper but this is annoying me. Out of all the shippers this season Brittana ones have a good cause to complain.

13. Gabriel says:

Summer Lovin’?! It’s Summer NIGHTS god…

14. Shannon says:

Whats with all the klaine hatters? There the best couple on glee and its better now cuz blaine went to nd I like sein klaine and finchel gets most of the spotlight cuz there main they always kiss and act like a couple and klaine barely does

• Andrea says:

Klaine the best couple on Glee??? LOOOOOOOOOL they are soooo boooooring, they barely touch each other and their kisses have no passion at all… there it shows how Klaine fans are mostly 12yo girls with zero dating experience LOL

• raquel says:

Please, I think you’re childisch.
        As usual a lot of prejudices

• Andrea says:

LOL :D “childisch”?? oh please, learnt to spell before replying… :P anyway, I better correct my point: watching Klaine is like entering Mrs Umbridge office, all filled with those unbearably kitschy rosy kitten :P … sorry, but Kurt used to be an AMAZING character and now is just this cute little thing pinning after perfect cute twinky Blaine BOOOOORING :P I really hope they break up soon and Kurt returns in full glory.

• Mrs Hagberg says:

Well, personally, I’m a mother of 2 and in her 30’s.

Do you really think Kurt has changed that much? Really? He’s just the same as he’s always been to me. Snarky, talented, emotional. I personally think you are confusing the decline of glee’s writing overall with Kurt declining. I mean surely you’ve noticed what’s been going on with the all of the other characters?

15. Avery says:

You know what? I think I would rather Quinn and Sam back together. She has a softer side now in my opinion. She was so mean back when they dated and such a..bleh. I think now it would so work out given she’s done with Finn. That’s pretty much the only reason the Sam/Quinn thing didn’t work. She was so devoted to Finn. Now that she knows it’s never gonna happen, I think it’d be better for the relationship.

16. Christina says:

Sorry Klaine haters, but Kurt and Blaine’s love story is so much better that Finn and Rachel’s. You need to look at it from the perspective of just being two people in love. Not whether it’s a girl and a guy or two guys. It’s a beautiful storyline.

• Andrea says:

oh yes, of course, Klaine is sooo much better than Finchel LOL sorry, but Finn and Rachel have always been the MAIN protagonists of the show and are the ones with the deepest emotional storyline which appeal to most people and not only to a bunch of fangirls; Kurt was interesting back at S1 until the middle of S2, but now is just Blaine’s puppy… please, giving away his virginity (and apologizing for not letting him have his way) to the same guy who tried to rape him the previous night in the back of a car? oh, that’s sooo romantic and lovely LOL … being drunk isn’t an excuse for his behaviour, yet Blaine NEVER owns any of his misconducts, he can be mean and insult others and he never apologizes, he’s always in the right, etc… :P and where’s Kurt? he’s now this poor lost pathetic insecure boy… in Finchel they are both equals, strong, deeply committed to each other when Klaine is just silly puppy love ;)

17. Evelyne says:

I think it’s either Sugartie (OMG please please) or Quick.

18. Darbs says:

This show will never need a break from Klaine. They’re an amazing coupole and I’m sure gives hope to so many people. And as far as the eloping goes… I’m thinking maybe Beiste and that football recruitor. So excited to find out. :)

19. Rebecca says:

my money is on beast and cooter!!!

20. lupe says:

i’m thinking the eloping couple will be either Quinn/Puck or Mike/Tina

• Kelley says:

Mike and Tina are a strong competitor. They seem really in love. Though Finchel could also get married…I honestly hope Quinn and Puck don’t get married because they just seem like two completely different people, and I don’t know if Quinn would be that reckless to get married now.

• Juliet says:

I hope you’re right I love both of them!

21. Haley says:

If Rachel and Finn elope I will be so mad. Honestly every single episode its Finchel this and finchel that I’ve never liked them together.

22. Isabel Gtz says:

4. Will & Emma… or Mike & Tina

23. khirani says:

Wowww… I love how you guys did not notice the fact that Emma’s parents are NOT agreeing with Will asking Emma to marry him! It’s OBVIOUS that Will and Emma are gonna elope!!! After all, the guy who posted these spoilers did say that you would probably never guess which one… Emma and Will are both adults so its most logical that this couple would be the LEAST expected to elope. So yeah, its gonna be Will and Emma!

24. H Dog says:

Homophobe much?

25. Camille says:

I am over-excited about next weeks episode, I have watched glee since the beginning and I must say I am a sucker for finchel I love the characters and the story, but I’m also interested in seeing what comes of Sam and Mercedes. Haters will hate… You either love the show or hate it

26. Michelle says:

If I had to guees the new couple I would say Rory and Quinn….THAT WOULD BE UNEXPECTED!!!! :O Can’t wait for this episode!!!!!

27. Livvy says:

Artie singing Moves like Jagger? Hmm, I always imagined Blaine singing that. Since he’s so ‘Top 40.’ (;
    Anyways, fellow Klaine shippers, keep your panties on. We’re getting a buttfull of Klaine in the MJ episode (no pun intended. xD ) so be grateful. I’m excited for the Samcedes & Wemma. And Brittana, if there is any.

28. Cynthia says:

I TOTALLY am seeing the Sugar/Artie thing after the end of “Hold on to Sixteen” when she jumped in his lap. I’m guessing that Becky has a crush on Artie, hence the triangle.

I also think Tina and Mike are going to elope, then she’s going to go to night school (hence the other article about a group of adults) so she can move on to college with Mike.

Finn’s bad news will be about his grades, he’s not graduating!

29. noydbmf says:

If any of you have actually been reading any of the other spoiler stuff on websites like wetpaint.com, then you would know that Britana is more or less nixed the rest of the season. Also, they were never technically dating. Santana loves Brit but if you read some of the other articles you’ll find that things with them slow down a lot because Britt’s heart isn’t in it as much as Santana’s. Sorry to burst your happy little bubbles.

As far as Finchel goes, they’re main characters… I think everyone needs to get over it.

Same with Klaine. They’re 2 couples that are always going to get a lot of screen time.

• Sean C. says:

Uh, no.

First, they are dating. That was confirmed in “Pot o’ Gold”, repeated by the producers, and they’ve been referred to as girlfriends a number of times since.

Second, there have been no spoilers that Brittany and Santana are breaking up or that Brittany isn’t into her; that was Jane Lynch’s speculation for why the show isn’t allowing them to kiss.

• james says:

That was Jane Lynch’s opinion. Not spoilers. And it has been confirmed they are dating.

30. Wkc says:

Wow, a lot of klaine hatters on the comment board. Im a klaine fan myself as well as brittana, and samcedes. But not finchel. I think they’re relationship is too painfull to watch. With Rachel’s diva-like and Finn’s insecurities, it’s hard. Brittana needs more screen time 2gether! Like seriously! And samcedes better be 2gether cuz mercedes’ new bf is a no no. Klaine on the other hand is too perfect. Watching them happy is just fun. I thnk they’re the only couple without any melodrama. Bt hey, sebastian’s in town. This could get interesting.

31. Meredith says:

If you’re upset about the lack of Klaine in these spoilers… GET OVER IT. Klaine is all over the place every other episode.

• Amelie says:

I don’t think the klaine people even want them to be “all over the place”. Just that they get given consistancy and depth. That’s not really mutually exclusive screentime.

But it is glee, so… What can you expect, really?

I feel the same way about Brittana.

32. Marilee says:

Honestly if Will does manage to propose to Emma and she accepts, then congrats to them. I just hope that it works out unlike his marriage to Terri. Concerning whose going to elope, my vote Asian Fusion. Also concerning Finchel, as a die hard Anti-Finchel fan I say let that ship sink. He should head to the Army, her broadway and never more the two ships should meet. Quick, nope not a chance. Samcedes same. Britanna give it time first that would move things way too fast.

33. Laura says:

I think the elopement is coach bieste and cooter (sp?) or sue and cooter. The others are hs kids still in hs.

34. Jayne10157 says:

HATE Finchel and Brittana. Hope they’re both kept in the background for awhile. They are all what, eighteen? They have no idea what they really want. Love Tina and Mike. Need more of that. They have more in common. They have the best chance of making it.

35. katie says:

umm KLAINE!! i want some more klaine scenes :)

36. Elina says:

maybe its puck and shelby

37. may says:

Klaone gets plenty of relationship stuff, its more the characters personalitys that we don’t see them kissing all the time.

38. Imani says:

I think it is Mike and Tina because look at the picture spoilers they give you for the next episode(Yes/No) there is one where Mike and Tina are looking happily together with a picnic but the background is strange as in not anywhere near Mckinnely, although, it could be a flashback moment, but i’m not sure, but i’m guessing Mike and Tina

39. donnie j says:

Helen Mirren is the voice inside Emma’s head. It’s her. OCD

40. miriam says:

PREACH!!

41. Will Kage says:

IT may be a wasted wish, but I still have faint hope for some Faberry.. :/ ~Lesigh

42. d says:

What I have to say about this, is NO couple gets neglected more than Mike and Tina. None of them. Except possibly Mercedes and her boyfriend, who we’ve seen hardly any of at all.(Cannon couples, I’ll say)
    As for Klaine…not all couples are constantly touchy-feely. I have friends that are in relationships, and they aren’t constantly touching each other, or kissing. They hardly hold hands. Some of them have been together for almost two years. It depends on the couple.
    I, personally, think Klaine gets more screen time than nearly any other couple or set of characters on the show.
    And as for them not sitting together in the choir room, many of the couples aren’t constantly sitting together. For example-Mike and Tina aren’t always sitting next to each other. I daresay Rachel and Finn aren’t together at all times, either.
    Klaine fans need to take a step back and realise that theres more to the show than those two characters. (And if anyone recalls, the show was supposed to be about Rachel, so the fact that Finchel gets a lot of screen time isn’t that big of a deal. That’s how the show was planned to start off, I think.)

43. jenny says:

i just want more quinn. everything else is fine and dandy, but yeaaah.

44. Em says:

OHMYGLEE I NEED TO KNOW THESE SPOILERS!! GAH!! ITS TO HARD TO WAIT! LOL!

45. Natalie says:

I can vouch that the group synchronized swimming scene took about 8 hours to shoot. It was filmed at my school at our swimming pool.

46. Cara says:

My only question is how Artie will be jumping into the pool. How’d they manage that one?

47. Tty says:

God, thank you for the lack of Klaine. Blaine has become the single most annoying character on the show. I really wish he would just go away. Klaine works better as a friendship than it does as a couple.

• Carl says:

You have perfectly expressed my own views… a friendship would have been great instead of that insipid puppy-romance… friendships in general are overlooked or dismissed in Glee, as happened with Mercedes/Quinn (they barely talk to each other anymore after bonding at the end of S1)… that’s really sad.

• Ella says:

Lol. Friendships get even less attention than romances do on glee.

Unless they involve Rachel.

48. Kathy says:

HUGE BRITANNA FAN!!! I cant wait!

49. Natalie says:

I think Shelby and Puck will elope, and Klaine will be broken up at the end because of Sebastian! :/

50. KC says:

Dear Klainers, Klaine has been featured in almost every single since we first met Blaine, and it’s one episode, so shut up. I’ve shipped Wemma since the first episode and they’ve really been “pushed” this season but look how much screen time they’ve gotten compared to Klaine. I know they’re not as popular, but it’s one.episode.