CSI: Miami's Adam Rodriguez Called on To Write/Direct Episode Covering a Delicate Subject

Get More: News

For his encore as a writer and director of a CSI: Miami episode, cast member Adam Rodriguez hasn’t been handed just any old run-and-gun case.

Rather, Rodriguez — who last season cut his teeth on both fronts with a footchase-filled, Most Dangerous Game-flavored episode — this time will tell a story about child molestation, “so we’re going to have to be very careful with the subject matter,” executive producer Marc Dube tells TVLine. “But if anybody can handle it, it’s Adam.”

Exclusive: CSI: Miami Casts Iconic Sex Symbol Raquel Welch In a Mother of a Role

“And because it is a sticky topic, if anybody can communicate that to the actors it’s Adam,” Dube continues. “He’s quite familiar with the process and how to get performances out of people, because it’s what he does [as an actor], so I think he’s a good person to pull it off.”

Rodriguez’s second writing/directing effort is tentatively set to air in March.

Comments (44)

• I can’t wait to see Adam’s second shot at writing/directing an episode of Miami. He did an excellent job with the first one. Thanks for the scoop!

Comment by Cherie – January 12, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There should be an episode, of he and Calleigh. This was a fantasy romance, there should be a story line written just for them. They make the ideal couple. Writers and directors should think about it. I’m sure i’m not the only one who feels this way.

Comment by Belinda Walk – January 12, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I think Adam & Calleigh make a great couple and would like to see a storyline with them. I also so glad he’s back…

Comment by Judi Darden – January 12, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree one hundered precent that there should be a show that really connects Adam and Emily’s characters romantically together! I love them as a couple. The producers teased us with a few episodes in the past with them but we need more, in the near future!!!!!!!

Comment by monica – January 15, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AM SO GLAD THAT ADAM IS GOING TO STAY ON CSI, IT REALLY MAKES THIS OLD LADY VERY HAPPY!!!!!!! YOU KNOW HE IS NOT TO BAD TO LOOK AT, YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING!!!! PLEASE KEEP HIM ON FOREVER!!!!

Comment by CHRISTINE REUSS – January 12, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please hit shiftlock next time, dude. I like Adam, and Eric, but I have to confess, I’m kinda looking forward to the show ending so AR can move on to something else. It seems as if CSI:M isn’t interested in developing its characters much any more.

Comment by CJ – January 13, 2012 03:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I cannot wait to see this upcoming episode of c.s.i. miami where Adam displays his creative side writing on a powerful and meaningful subject matter. He is so talented and such a wonderful actor, I know that this upcoming episode will be a HIT! Hopefully in the futre, the producers of the show will give him more opportunities to write other shows.

Comment by Monica – January 15, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to cover a delicate subject with Mr. Rodriguez!

Comment by DJ – January 12, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know that’s right me and u both

Comment by Chaka Hester – January 12, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been waiting to see Adam’s next episode that he writes and directs for months! He is so extremely talented that I have no doubt this will be a heartfelt story, masterfully executed! Best of luck to you, Adam. I’ll definitely be watching!

Comment by Jean – January 12, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like quite the challenge for Adam.

As I remember, CSI Miami carried a similar episode (but not written by Adam) in season 1. Will this episode be anything like that?

Comment by Katie – January 12, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait

Comment by Debbie Sadler – January 12, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like watching csi shows this one is a favorite of mine and my families. i always watch the reruns just to see if i had missed any.

Comment by lorena napier – January 12, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Adam rodriguez’s role in “I can do Bad All By Myself”! He’s extremely talented! I’m a CSI Miami fanatic! Can’t wait to see this episode!

Comment by Joanie – January 12, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • csi miami je najlepsa serija na svetu svaku epizodu gledam

Comment by sveta – March 28, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha I totally agree he’s so hott!!

Comment by Amanda – January 12, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simplemente me encanta esta serie ,así como la de Nueva York,pero en especial es mi señora madre Adelina Sánchez la realmente fanatica de ustedes;saludos mil!!

Comment by franklin da costa sánchez – January 12, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is a babe! Keep the good work and putting us the hispanic in a good place! Cuidate papi chulo! Ill be waiting like every Sunday. Congrats to all the team of CSI MIAMI. U GUYS ARE VERY GOOD. KISSES FROM NYC!

Comment by Marbel – January 12, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He will be great of any part of he show

Comment by Frankline Mompoint – January 12, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Dube acknowledges that “with all the Penn State stuff going on,” the delicate subject matter “is kind of a headline these days, but it’s a topic were going to try to tackle with our people. Nice pun there Dube..

Comment by SnakeTheCritic – January 12, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see this episode. He did a great job on the episode he wrote & directed last season.

Comment by Monica – January 12, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well be looking forward to this eposode! I’m sure he will do a great job!

Comment by Sydnah Bowman – January 12, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG adam i love u soo much. this is gonna be a killer of an episode. i am a huge fan of u and miami but especially u. cant wait for this ep to air. id love to c u one day.

Comment by esra – January 12, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to view that episode and all the rest. Adam is a hunk for you younger gals but Personally I think David Caruso (Horatio Kane) is more my age and he is a hunk too….

Comment by kellt – January 12, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam, you have more than what has been explored. Can’t wait for this forthcoming episode in India.

Comment by Subbu – January 12, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just addicted to csi-miami. I won’t go to sleep without watching. Adam will do a great job. Keep up the great work guys.

Comment by valrie – January 12, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So the subject of the article is how the showrunners feel that Adam Rodriguez can handle a difficult subject with class and tact..and many of the comments are about people wanting to get into his pants. Classy, losers.

Comment by Bill – January 12, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • congrats Adam,always knew you had it in you! All the guys in the team do a great job! Love you all

Comment by nyasha rukodzi – January 12, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rodriguez is my dreamboy.i always watched csi its a nice show ever.

Comment by Jan – January 12, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam is one of the sexiest men alive. Can we please see a little more skin? Or at least more romance scenes. I would love them to be with Calleigh,but I don’t even care. Just give me something to drool over.

Comment by Kelli – January 12, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sehr. Gute Serie,fantastic.vonderfull.

Comment by gabiortmanns – January 13, 2012 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think thats a good idea CSI is only show I would trade Church for it’s a gerat Show something for ages!!

Comment by Das Hund Leben – January 13, 2012 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not only is Adam a total Hottie but he’s also one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. I know because we went to high school together. So proud to see what a success he’s become.

Comment by JLC7930 – January 13, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree; he will do well. This is a tough subject because of the emotional pain for the molested and for the family of the molested. A point I want to make is that parents who have an open line of communication with their child doesn’t insure they will “tell” if they are being molested. I hope that Adam is able to get it out there that no matter what the molester say or threatens they should tell, tell and tell their parents. I am able to talk to my family and yet there still was a family member who didn’t tell. We have to make it clear that no matter what the molester say the “I’ll kill you parents,” the they won’t believe you,” or whatever still come tell someone who loves you. We must become stronger then the child molester in that we have the power not the molester.

Comment by Cynthia – January 13, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CANT WAIT!! :D

Comment by Mayra – January 13, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam’s first written and directed episode “Hunting Ground” was AWESOME! Can’t wait for another episode!

Comment by Mandy – January 13, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calleigh Need A Story Line Real Fast & A Good Stoy Line at That
    #TeamCalleigh&Eric

Comment by Only one time – January 14, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love csi Miami .It is the best. I love Adam also. Keep it on at least another 10 years.

Comment by alex – January 15, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy Sh!t, I fell into the woman comment zone! Hahahahahah!

Comment by JON BENEDICT – January 16, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats Adam….can’t wait to see your creative side. As for Eric and calleigh I agree on that part as well. Did Horatio ever date Natalia? I am a fan of CSI Miami. But I have outta the loop on that part. Have a great day everyone

Comment by sonja brannen – January 16, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lmao@ Jon benedict

Comment by sonja brannen – January 16, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey man big fan here looking foward to seeing what up with you on the director and producer tip . I know you gona make it do what it do. Whatever you do I will be checking it out.

Comment by earl wesley – January 16, 2012 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am also very proud off Adam .I cried when I found out he was leaving CSI but was happy when I found out he was back. I love all the cast members from CSI but I will be honest I can’t watch it without my babe Adam.One day ill get to meet you.That is my dieing wish.

Comment by Anabel Rivera – January 17, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring csi miami back it is no doubt the best csi on television

Comment by angel rice – December 7, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post