Supernatural Exclusive First Look: Dean Tussles With Veronica Mars Bad Boy Jason Dohring!

This Friday on Supernatural (The CW, 9/8c), Dean is sent back to 1944 by the God of Time, and we’ve got an exclusive first look at Veronica Mars alum/recurring Ringer teach Jason Dohring as the time-shifting culprit!

Supernatural Boss Talks Bobby’s Death, Dean’s ‘Unhealthy’ State, Two Big Returns and Lots More

While stuck in the past, Dean teams up with G-man/hunter Eliot Ness (The X-Files‘ Nicholas Lea) and the two make a surprising discovery, which involves Dohring dressed up in 1940s garb! (Remember this Veronica Mars poster? Think that, but even more noir.)

But judging from the punches thrown, neither party is too happy about the reunion as Ness holds onto a valuable piece of leverage against the God.

Check out the sneak preview below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...

Comments (38)

• The distinct lack of Sam means I’m not overly excited about this one. It’s never as interesting when they split the boys up and two weeks in a row is even more annoying. Over it. They should be together now more than ever.

Comment by Hayley – January 11, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sam is fighting the same case but in present time..

Comment by immortal – January 11, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t see any worries about Dean being absent all last season or this season when the previews were mostly about Sam. So Dean gets a turn finally. As for the time travel, Sam went back in time with Dean in Frontierland as well as in The Song Remains the Sam and he had heavy scenes in those. So really, Dean deserves something without Sam being there all the time.

Glad that Jensen finally got a chance to work with Nick Lea, an actor with the same caliber of talent and hotness.

Comment by scrapppy – January 11, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jensen Ackles and Jason Dohring in the same scene? I am in fangirl heaven. If only Misha Collins could have been in there I would be reduced to a pile of melted drool. Two of my favorite acting men in one scene. Thank you, thank you.

Comment by Dilys – January 11, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My fangirl heaven is Ackles, Dohring and Nick Lea. Misha Collins can come too. Anyway, I can’t wait and it feels so good to finally look foward to this show again.

Comment by kew – January 11, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly my thought ! Wish it could be for more than an episode…
        And now, if Mulder and Scully could appear… :))

Comment by Kate – January 12, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s seriously cool and it’s the 1920s and a bit noir-ish.

I used to watch a ton of Veronica Mars and I’ve met Jason at a con…He’s a pretty cool guy.

Comment by coffeegirl18 – January 16, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean with a Tommy gun. Can u say best show ever. Still waiting for Misha, and the Apaula.

Comment by Missy Ann – January 11, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only they’d make this trailers longer. Say, another 40 minutes or so? I’m not going to see this episode until Saturday!

Comment by rince1wind – January 11, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure the only reason Sam isn’t in the previews much is because his scenes are more spoiler related. No need to worry.

Comment by Ali – January 11, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is what I think. They are pretty much giving away a lot of scenes, promos and pictures about 40s part of episode.

Comment by MythAl – January 11, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me feel all the feelings. I’m so excited for this episode. This season’s guest stars have been the best yet!

Comment by Stephanie – January 11, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Sam? This looks to be Dean-centric. Dean time travels *again*. I want to see the brothers *together*, not split up. Boring.

Comment by Beth – January 11, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks so much for this, I am sooooo excited for this episode!! Jensen Ackles looking smoking hot, Dean having fun in the past with Eliot Ness?? I am soooo there!! And I like having the guys split up. Makes it easier to FF the Sam scenes on rewatch!

Comment by Moe – January 11, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • **Makes it easier to FF the Sam scenes on rewatch!**

You are so bad. *whisper* But it’s funny because it’s so true.

Comment by kew – January 11, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *yawn*
        Can’t you Sam haters please stop already. You’re worse than the Cas bashers.

Comment by Andy – January 12, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Needs more Castiel.

Comment by Greg – January 11, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the clip!Looks like it’s going to be an awesome episode- I can’t wait!!!

Comment by hannah – January 11, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These previews remind me a bit of the Star Trek episode A Piece of the Action, I really love the suits! Too bad Sam’s not in 1944 too though, I think he would have looked so hot in them. And Sam and Dean are just best together, splitting them up never goes well. Still, looking forward to the ep, it looks promising!

Comment by Laura – January 11, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. And I would love to see Sam in a suit too.

Comment by MythAl – January 11, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess my first try got lost in the twilight zone.

I’m so stoked over these promos. Jensen working with Nick Lea is one of the best stunt casting for this season. Dean in a suit with a fedora and a Tommy Gun is just perfection. I will enjoy those scenes and I hope the writers will do justice to the great talents of Jensen, Nick Lea and Jason Dohring, and doesn’t waste them like it has wasted so many other characters and great opportunities.

Comment by Lisanne – January 11, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The boys will be together but in a different way,they’ll be in the same spots just in a different time (which Sera said is what makes this episode fun) as Sam tries to find a way to get Dean back. And then there is that old friend showing up.

This show is about both brothers, always has been, always will be and even when they’re not together their thoughts and actions have everything to do with the other. They are the each others world. Supernatural is Sam and Dean Anyone thinking any differently is only fooling themself.

Comment by Cheryl – January 11, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The “boys” are not conjoined twins. Neither are they boys. Your TVs will not implode if they are not together in every single scene. No everyone watches this show for the wincest.

Comment by lolz – January 11, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Funny. I bet you’re one of those who expect Cas and Dean to be in every scene together (preferably alone), right?
      Most fans like the brothers relationship, and that has nothing to do with Wincest. The only ones who like them apart are according to my experience Sam haters and/or Destiel shippers.

Comment by Mary – January 12, 2012 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did I not know that Jason Dohring was going to be in this episode??? I’m excited!

Comment by Other Meredith – January 11, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not believe I have to watch another show about Dean.Sam has no scenes at all this season.Spn will be off air if it continues focus on Dean.

Comment by sgirl – January 11, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for all of the “Supernatural” coverage. It’s much appreciated.

Comment by Carrie – January 11, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So can’t wait for this episode. It looks bloody awesome! And that Tommy Gun! Best show ever. I wish the Impala would be back sooner. The closing scene from last epi, Dean smiling was so awful.

Comment by Winchester – January 12, 2012 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha, here in oz we just got the mid season finale a few days ago. I had to wait more than a month with just the knowledge that Bobby was going to die. Ugh. At least we’re not as behind as last season when we were more than a month behind, this time it’s *only* a couple of weeks. Although I know I shouldn’t complain, since it’s worse in other parts of the world =/

Comment by Emma – January 12, 2012 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve told my kids for quite some time now that Dean Winchester is my favorite son. And my, my, my don’t he look good in a fedora…

Comment by gcem – January 12, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Caught up with seven seasons of Supernatural during the hiatus just to watch this episode. Would watch Jason Dohring read the phone book, but now a huge fan of the show as well.

Comment by M – January 12, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awesome a new fan…welcome to the dark side we have cookies. Same here, I was seriously onto Veronica Mars and Moonlight.

I’m *cough* trying not to slash him with everyone. LOL.

I haven’t seen the ep yet.

Comment by coffeegirl18 – January 17, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Dohring ? I will watch. Moreover his scenes seems to be with Jensen Ackles (the better actor of this cast imo) so i am even more interested.

Comment by Judith – January 12, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am the huge fan of this show.You rock it.

Comment by Bella – January 13, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cas is the one who always transports Deam and Sam to another century! WHERE IS CAS!!

Comment by crystal – January 13, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping he pops up but I think there’s more hope for later on in the season.

Comment by coffeegirl18 – January 17, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this episode! Oh Jensen and Jason at the same scene???? I’m melting…LOVE SUPERNATURAL! I missed Moonlight where Jason was playing…

Comment by Mell – January 13, 2012 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post