SNL Books Zooey Deschanel and Channing Tatum

Saturday Night Live is welcoming two first-timers — including a New Girl — to Studio 8H this February.

Channing Tatum will Step Up for his hosting debut on Feb. 4 , accompanied by recent Grammy nominee Bon Iver (“Holocene”) as musical guest.

New Girl‘s Zooey Deschanel will then take the reins on Feb. 11, and although she may sing during a few skits, the “swag pop” music duo Karmin (“Crash Your Party”) will serve as the musical guest.

Who are you most excited to see host? What types of skits would you love to see?

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Late Night TV, News

1. Erin says:

Oh God, stop with Zooey Deschanel overexposure. Her show is annoying. She is annoying. I can’t wait for her to crash and burn.

• Tyshani says:

If you don’t like her, don’t watch it. There are plenty of actors and actresses that I think are annoying, but I don’t talk crap about them. “I can’t wait for her to crash and burn” ?? Good luck, she’s only getting stronger.

• Ed says:

@Tyshani: I agree with you completely. Perhaps Erin is just a negative person with a boring, negative life. Personally, I love Zooey Deschanel. She is one of the most real persons I have seen in acting.

• blergh says:

Jealous much?

• Peter says:

Do I sense some jealousy? Mmmmmm? I think Zooey is wonderful you big poo-poo head.

• ema says:

I totally agree with ^erin
      I’m tired of all the zooey buzz.

• Ed says:

Then find something else to do with your life. You don’t need to say everything that pops into your head. Your comment offers nothing of value to anyone, except perhaps, yourself and Erin. Most negative comments need not be stated.

• Get over it says:

Zooey is a lovely person. she’s gorgeous, naturally funny, different, and awkward and she knows it. She has been doing very well in the industry for a long time without being fake in any way. How many other people in Hollywood can say that? Her singing isn’t really my preference, but I can admit she has talent and her sound is not only different but it’s also HER, not a computer like Britney, Kesha, Katy Perry and the other top female artists out right now. So, Erin, save the hating for when you become a Golden Globe nominated actress with a hit TV show. Until then, get over it and move on with your life. Accept that you will never have the success that she has, and that your jealousy makes you an ugly person.

• Dabonecracka says:

Zoey is so multi-talented:)

• bish says:

Erin, you will crash and burn long before Zooey does.

• RS says:

Erin, you sound like a jealous miserable bitch, get a life.

• Gem says:

This Erin character is certainly carrying a huge chip. My mum used to tell me this ‘If you have nothing nice say, then don’t say anything’.

Mine would be ‘if you can’t be constructive, and are clearly bitter, jealous and conceited, then you need to take a look at yourself’

We should always celebrate success, and Zooey’ certainly should be admired. A true, funny, likeable original Actor. A breath of fresh air, and ‘New girl’ is my latest feel good watch.

• Tom Berndt says:

You are annoying Erin. Zooey Deschanel is like a breath of fresh air. Her acting makes me believe that she is kind and NOT full of herself, like most actresses seem to be.

• Maria says:

Erin’s just another hater! Zooey’s charming, wholesome, drop dead adorkable and unbelievably fun to watch. She won’t be crash and burning any time soon.

• Abbey says:

Oh get off your high horse. Zooey is a great comedian and a talented actress. If you don’t like the show then change the channel. New Girl is a light funny show that I know many people enjoy. I am ecstatic that she will be hosting SNL.

• Tom says:

you are annoying

• Chris Giustizia says:

I laughed ’til I cried last Tuesday night.

2. me here says:

Zooey is so f…ing gorgeous!

3. keith says:

Erin.. go away. Go hate on someone who deserves it

4. yvonne says:

If you’re sick of her, why do you take time to comment on things about her…?

5. Erick says:

Abby Elliot does a much better Zooey than Zooey.

6. reen says:

Zoey is super talented and unique. I’d rather her than a Kardashian any day!

7. Hae Sung says:

of ALL the celebrities to hate on, you choose Zooey, huh? because she’s authentic, quirky, multi-talented, and a good friend/colleague? hate on the Kardashians, or someone who clearly not only has talent, but promotes greed, fame mongering and stupidity…not the funny girl who doesn’t suit your fancy…it’s never attractive to hate, just sayin

8. helli says:

i love channing tatum

9. Jay says:

Zooey is HILARIOUS! and I LOVE SNL…what a great combo!

10. Claire says:

Can’t wait to watch Zooey Deschanel on SNL!!!! She is amazingly talented, and hilarious! Setting my PVR for Feb 11!!!

11. whateves says:

Zooey is amazing… she is a refreshing site to the eyes that have been overexposed to ppl like the kardashians and the blonde haired big boobed idiots of today… im glad she is making it big time!!! thanks for not conforming to what other ppl think is normal Z and thanks for being yourself

12. olivia says:

Holy cow..who are you? Finally an awesome comedy. Sport is new and fresh and so adorable. Can’t wait to see her host SNL!!!!!

13. helli says:

I’ m from malaysian……i choose zoey okey

14. Jessica says:

I love zooey! Shes a beautiful funny and talented actress and singer! Can’t wait for this SNL!

15. Wrdgrl says:

CHANNING CHAN-MAN!!!! YAAAAAY XD :D

16. John says:

Wow,… I don’t understand hating on someone as positive as Miss Deschanel. She is multi-talented, truly beautifull, and from what I have read, she has more brains and plaine ole common sense than most people! Negative comments are shamefull and should be left to the tabloids and trash cans.

17. June says:

Rude.. Leave your pointless comments somewhere else because comments with negativity are certainly uncalled for. Zooey has been exposed for a long time, she sings and acts so she’s pretty exposed. I’m not a huge fan, because I came here for Channing Tatum but I hate seeing comments that bash other celebrities.. Grow up.

18. Amber says:

I think she’s great. She doesn’t have “overexposure”…just getting more known..and not because she made a sex tape….because she has REAL talent.

19. Jo says:

Last weeks episode with Charles Barkley and KKKelly Clarkson was so bad I had vowed to stop watching, but I adore Zooey so I suppose I’ll return.

20. Heather says:

Wow some one needs a sense of humor Zooey is doing a fabulous job and her acting is real. She’s having fun and says and does the things that everyone else is afraid to say or do because there boring cowards. Lighten up and enjoy her amazingly wonderful personality and stop judging.

21. Winnie says:

“Channing Tatum will Step Up…”

*groan*. That’s something I would’ve written, which is not necessarily a good sign… Just kidding-wordplay for everyone!

22. Sarah says:

She rocks. Overexposure my a**. This is the way of the celebrity world.

23. ggny says:

THANK GOD first Daniel now Zooey and Channing finally SNL gets that we want to see new people host not Charles Barkley for the 3rd time or JT for the 10000th or Alec Baldwin for the 10000000000000000000th time

24. Elizabeth says:

Channing Tatum’s career is on fire.

Good for him. Watched him on Kimmel and he seems like a nice guy.

25. Victoria says:

I absolutely LOVE Zooey Deschanel! I am so excited to see her and Channing Tatum on SNL! Can’t wait! :)

26. Chantel says:

Sucks to be a miserable person! Always a hater in the bunch!

27. Jess says:

Good for you Zooey! I’m so excited that you will be doing SNL…it’s been long overdue in my opinion :)

28. Beth says:

Will def watch Zooey on SNL. She will be great!
    Bruce Campbell should host!!!

29. Lisa says:

I think Zooey Deschanel is fabulously quirky and cute. I can’t wait to see her on SNL. All the extreme haters should stick a sock in it, move on to a different story and chill out. Do you know how much time and energy it takes to be angry? Not to mention, it sucks your soul and kills you slowly.

30. Lay says:

YES!!! BOTH ARE GREAT CHOICES! :)

31. s. says:

Zooey is all around fabulous! You think it’s to soon to ask her out on a date? Okay maybe just for coffee! Can’t wait for Feb. 11th!

32. JohnBoater says:

Her new TV show is pant-wettingly unfunny, her music is alt-pop land-fill, but on the other hand she is one hot dang diggity fox. Come on, you all knows it.

33. jeremy says:

Abby Elliot does an AMAZING impression of Zoey ! They should do something with the two! I really CAN’T WAIT for these two to host the show

34. sarah says:

Will watch Channing

35. Jay Chavez says:

Omg Karmin and Zooey! I’m sooooooo excited.

36. Phil Fryberger says:

I gonna go out and buy a TV!!!!!

37. Kyle says:

I can’t wait!!! My crush on her has shifted to Kimbra tho! I feel like I’m cheating on Zoey! : )

38. kourtney says:

zooey deschanel is wonderful and i was wondering when they would book her for the snl!!

39. Beth Ann says:

I haven’t watched SNL in years but will tune in for Channing Tatum!

40. vane says:

Wow you guys are hypocrites telling her to stop hateing on her when ur doing the same I totally agrEe with her zooey is waaaaay annoying and her show sucks she not even funny her sister is the talented one snl is slacking on their guest host the only good one was Jimmy fallon

• No says:

You should become more acquainted with spelling and punctuation before coming in on your high horse. Step down, and go back to elementary school.

41. Tvak says:

Zoey won’t ever see this. So stop fighting over her. Gosh, don’t go people have jobs or something to go to?

42. Jessie says:

i freakin love zooey! i think she’s great!!!

43. I love Zooey she is the best & haters gonna hate so let’em be all these stupid comments aint going to hurt the new girl…Hey girl, whatcha’ doing?
    Hey girl, where you going?
    You get down, and make a frown;
    She’ll come turn, turn, turn it around;
    She’ll come turn, turn, turn it around
    Who’s that girl? (Who’s that girl?)
    Who’s that girl? (Who’s that girl?)
    We♥U Zooey ♥

44. karen says:

Love Zooey. Will look forward to SNL. Erin could learn a bit about kindness from her.

45. Ryan says:

Erin must have lost out on several auditions to Miss Zooey and that is why she is so bitter and such a hater. I hope she crashes and burns everyday of her life for that stupid comment.

46. Cody says:

Not that I’m sidding with the “haters” but you guys are all saying stuff like “If you have nothing nice to say than don’t say anything” and then in the same sentence you guys insult them. It doesn’t make sense to me. :P

47. Desiree says:

Be nice— didn’t your mother teach you -if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all!!!

48. Jess says:

Yay Zooey! I love Z, she has such a comedic sense to her, looking fwd to her in this setting. Her best feature is her funny awkwardness so how can she fail? Yay.

49. Kebby says:

Gooey for Zooey

50. Rod Munch says:

Zoey…. so adorable!

what her sister would be if she drank more…. or smoked some pot every once in a while….

just hope Zoey’s on some birth control. a baby in her belly would ruin the whole vibe she gives…. and a few other things she can give as well!! ;-)