Soaps Shocker! OLTL's Blair, Todd, John and Starr All Head to General Hospital

Get More: Daytime TV

Whoa.

On the heels of talk that Michael Easton, for one, would migrate from the about-to-expire One Life to Live to sister soap General Hospital, ABC announced on Wednesday that Easton and three others are in fact making the jump — and as their Llanview characters.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on One of One Life to Live‘s Series-Ending Twists

“We have a very exciting story planned for the citizens of Port Charles, with Sonny Corinthos at the center of it!” former OLTL boss/new GH showrunner Frank Valentini said in making the announcement. “I am confident viewers and fans alike will be excited for the arrival of John (played by Easton), Starr (Kristen Alderson), Blair (Emmy nominee Kassie DePaiva) and Todd (Emmy winner Roger Howarth). Incorporating characters from One Life to Live continue the legacy of the show as we weave them into General Hospital.”

One Life to Life and All My Children Web Revivals Scrapped Completely

That Todd and Blair’s love story will continue, even in Port Charles, surely will please DePaiva, who shared with TVLine recently her desire that the duo end up together as OLTL winds down. “There is an undeniable chemistry between Todd and Blair that will not go away,” she said, “and history is there to prove it.”

General Hospital Exclusive: Tristan Rogers Returning – for Robin’s Big Exit Story?

OLTL airs its series finale on ABC this Friday; DePaiva, Howarth, Easton and Alderson are set to begin shooting their GH scenes this month.

Comments (118)

• off subject,
    OLTL has done the most fantastic job tying up loose ends to end the s how Congratulations!
    On another note, I LOVED “The Talk” dvr’d it daily, then some pinhead decided to remove my favorites, Leah Remni and Holly Robinson Peet. It was the best team of ladies on t.v. Now I rarely ever see it,can’t stand tha new A A lady, and Holly’s replacement. Big Mistake, Leah was the best with her comedic sense of humor.

Comment by Lou – January 12, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so…I take it that Todd is going to get away with killing Victor. That stinks! What about Blair’s other kids and Hope? This is going to be interesting. I wish they could’ve moved Dani and Tea too.

Comment by Lola – January 12, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Nataluw & Liam?????

Comment by Diana Fish – January 12, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, Natalie & Liam!!!!

Comment by Diana – January 12, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still don’t think Todd killed Victor. I think it was Irene, and she’s trying to convince Todd that HE did it!!!!

Comment by Diana – January 12, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I been watching oltl and gh since I was 11. Now im 52
    I been watching one life to live and general hospital over 40 years. Im looking forward seeing 4 cast members from one life to live going to be on general hospital, cool.

Comment by Steve Appuliese – January 12, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The reason this soap was cancelled was that everyone got tired of the Blair and Todd and brat show….now they can go bore all the General Hospital fans and kill that soap too.

Comment by Tigard Dan – January 12, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lost interest in GH way back when Luke&Laura stoppef being then main characters. Their love story will always be rrmemberef

Comment by Marjorie – January 13, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry about my typos. Ill try it again. I lost interest in GH when Luke&Laura stopped being the main characters. Their love story will always be the reason GH did so well back in the day. Adding Days characters can only help GH.

Comment by Marjorie – January 13, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched the finale of OLTL online. At the very end, it revealed that Victor is NOT dead. He’s being held captive by the crazy loon who worked for Mitch Lawrence. I wonder how that will tie into GH, since no one knows Victor is still alive.

I HATE Sonny. He used to be my fave, but he just bores me to tears now. I hope John McBain swoops in and puts him behind bars for a very long time. The though of Starr and Michael together doesn’t seem right to me. They need to eventually bring to GH the original actor who played Cole.

I hope they somehow write Natalie into Johns life. Maybe they’ll elope between shows, and she’ll be in the backdrop, at home raising Liam. I would hate to see her replaced or recasted. Melissa Archer is the only rightful woman for him. Just sayin. :)

Comment by michelle – January 13, 2012 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a lifelong soap fan who, at one time, watched every soap on the air. I watched my most-beloved GL fall…then ATWT…then AMC. It’s like losing a little part of your family each time. I think that the networks are being cheap jerks and they really don’t care about the fans. There are tons of ways they could have cut costs and they didn’t. SoapNet could have stepped up and became an actual soap channel and saved them all but they didn’t. They are owned by – wait for it – DISNEY! And they are becoming (yet another) kid’s channel soon. I can understand GH fans being worried that this will take time away from other GH characters, but don’t complain! Be glad like me that there is still a GH to love. My personal opinion is that they are bringing in these characters to placate the devastated OLTL fans (and, no, the actors did NOT know this was going to happen – Michael and Kassie were ready to make the move to Prospect Park). ABC will throw us this little bone and when all the angry fans mellow a little, they will drop the axe on GH so fast it will make all of our heads spin. Hello Katie Couric and more depressing reality, goodbye soaps :-(

Comment by Rocco's Mom – January 14, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched OLTL for 41 years and am very upset that they have cancelled one of the greatest soaps. That soap promoted breast cancer awarwness heart transplants mental problems and child bullying. That show was far better than all the fat cooking shows and stupid reality shows. Disney should be ashamed of themselves for only thinking of themselves and money instead of what the fans want. I hope that they will not cancel GH now that they are bringing some OLTL characters on board. What about Vicky & Clint & Bo & Nora? Will they go to GH too I hope?I will watch GH but the rest of ABC forget it.

Comment by mad – January 14, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do hope to see changes then on General Hospital. I rarely watch now because I got tired of the dark views and the mobster mentality. It lost the fun that OLTL had. I will miss OLTL the most, and really hope some of the characters do make it to General Hospital if there cannot be an online transfer of OLTL. I will be watching for the actors in other projects,and am tired of all the pseudo/pretend reality shows( and really, do fans of The Bachelor-not me-really want to watch a show with that crying, whining commerical starting their season! Entertainment?), and repetition of food, diet, and food in the talk shows. I cook a lot, but enough is enough. I enjoy Mario, too, and watched one full holiday show of the Chew, and that will be it. ABC has broken my addiction to afternoon television. Maybe I should say thanks. The only thing that could save it? OLTL characters brightening up the dragging General Hospital. A little escape and entertainment, please.

Comment by Jkml – January 18, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My entire family have been constant viewers of OLTL as well as GH, and the idea of merging characters from OLTL onto GH is brilliant. I only wish the Buchanan Clan would soon follow including guest appearances from Vicky and Clint and finally seeing them get married again, that would be worth watching again. The Vicky and the Buchanan family characters with the exception of Mathew and David were always worth watching,and hopefully the family will move west as well.

Comment by Don Edwards – January 18, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love John McBain, Hate Todd & Blair. What happened to Natalie and Liam? Love Finally, then Zapp!!! I can’t wait to find out what kind of story line they will have on General Hospital..

Comment by Betty Davidson – January 24, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been watching gh for ever and I dont really like that oltl people r coming over to join the cast but I guess I will look to c if its going to b good it dont mean that I am going to stop looking at gh. Lol I hope its good

Comment by Peaches – January 24, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tess on GH I will love to see that

Comment by Shena – January 25, 2012 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m only coming back to gh cause my o.l.t.l. stars are coming gh is no good anymore I left four years ago but I’m back

Comment by cathy – January 27, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Faye Dunaway, would be awesome in the part. See her role as Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest. and you,ll agree with me. Really scary.

Comment by Linda Bollay – January 30, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me too..I’m not a gh fan..

Comment by Brenda – February 1, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that john comes because he can’t convict todd yet! Then some how a perkins tracks todd down wanting jack and it comes out that victors alive! How is victor alive david from amc did his cure thing!then david comEs to gh and aperkins gives him up as victors savior!

Comment by jerryl – February 2, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy that OLTL is going to GH, although I haven’t watched GH since my granny died in the mid90′s! I really need caught up on what’s going on, I will be watching now because of OLTL characters are gonna be on! can somebody tell me the who’s who & what’s what on GH?? Thanks !!

Comment by Anita – February 8, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to be a soaps writer I have so many ideas to share. lol, Anyway although I love James Franco, I’m so happy he is OFF GH it was becoming so annoying, he kept coming back, you think he’s gone… He’s back again. I hope im not putting a jinks on it or anything please God..No!! But boy, now Jason and Sam can finally have a few moments of peace and the drama can be else where FOR NOW, Cuz as always something is wrong with Jason’s head. And MISS Pale n think she’s perfect Elizabeth is snooping around she needs to go somewhere I wish she left instead of Lucky I really miss him. But I’m just really looking forward to the characters coming to GH it is going to be so interesting. I so happy……………….. OMG I really need something else to do with my time.

Comment by SoapsFan@7 – February 9, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am extremely excited about this!!! I love Blair, Todd, and Starr. However, If John is staying does that mean he Natalie is soon to follow?? Or Divorce is in their future?

Comment by Breeze4279 – June 9, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • frank valenti will you please be my friend and write to me at20216108th avenue se kent wa 98031 frank you are such a wonderful producer with one life to live and now general hosipital keep up the good work and i hope me and my father howard caylor could come to the general hosipital set and meet you we have always wanted to meet you and we hope that you could be our friend frank you are so nice and kind your friend ship means the world to us you are bubbley and so nice and you will do so well on general hosipital and you have our support frank valenti yours truely your friends john and howard caylor attn frank valenti john and howard caylor 20216 108thavenue se kent wa 98031hope you can write me back please frank valenti john caylor

Comment by john and howard caylor – April 4, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • frank valenti our address is 20216108th avenue se kent wa 98031 could you please have a pass at the general hosipital set for us because we love your work on one life to live and now general hosipitalyou are very nice and kind and bubbley your friend ship means the world to us and thank you very much for your kind letter and your friend ship towards us you are a great worker and you work very hard and youdeserve a big raise frank valenti and we hope that you receve this email frank valenti john and howard caylor

Comment by john and howard caylor – April 4, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post