Soaps Shocker! OLTL's Blair, Todd, John and Starr All Head to General Hospital

Whoa.

On the heels of talk that Michael Easton, for one, would migrate from the about-to-expire One Life to Live to sister soap General Hospital, ABC announced on Wednesday that Easton and three others are in fact making the jump — and as their Llanview characters.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on One of One Life to Live‘s Series-Ending Twists

“We have a very exciting story planned for the citizens of Port Charles, with Sonny Corinthos at the center of it!” former OLTL boss/new GH showrunner Frank Valentini said in making the announcement. “I am confident viewers and fans alike will be excited for the arrival of John (played by Easton), Starr (Kristen Alderson), Blair (Emmy nominee Kassie DePaiva) and Todd (Emmy winner Roger Howarth). Incorporating characters from One Life to Live continue the legacy of the show as we weave them into General Hospital.”

One Life to Life and All My Children Web Revivals Scrapped Completely

That Todd and Blair’s love story will continue, even in Port Charles, surely will please DePaiva, who shared with TVLine recently her desire that the duo end up together as OLTL winds down. “There is an undeniable chemistry between Todd and Blair that will not go away,” she said, “and history is there to prove it.”

General Hospital Exclusive: Tristan Rogers Returning – for Robin’s Big Exit Story?

OLTL airs its series finale on ABC this Friday; DePaiva, Howarth, Easton and Alderson are set to begin shooting their GH scenes this month.

1. Liz says:

AWESOME!!!

• maryann mulloy says:

I am so trilled about this. I hope more of them go.

• Barb says:

Yes! And AMC actors, too- how about Roxy from OLTL and Opal from AMC running a salon; or some AMC doctors at GH- David would stir things up!!

• Linda Velasquez says:

I’m so excited that OLTL stars are moving to other shows, I very much was looking forward to continuing watching All MY Children and OLTL on-line. I was very disappointed these shows were cancelled as several generations of my family would watch or tape the daily programing. I feel such a loyalty to these programs that I have decided not to watch CHEW and REVOLUTION as there are many shows on Daytime shows that deal with eating,recipes and dieting, finances etc.

I’m hoping John and Natalie from OLTL are together on General Hospital. It took so long for them to get together and they did make a very dynamic couple. I haven’t been a General Hospital fan but I will take time to watch it since actors from OLTL will be on.

• carol fairweather says:

I so agree i hope natlie and her son will be joining the cast to General hospital they surely draw alot more viewers to Genaral Hospital because her and john had a great chemistry together and it wouldnt make.Sense because they just got back together

• SoapsFan@7 says:

I agree 110% I would love to see her and John actually; finally together it would be great. I wonder if John and Natalie will be joining Mac at the Police Dept along with Mob Boss Sonny numero-uno son. I have a feeling that Natalie will not get along with Carly at all and John will have a ball with Jason and Olivia I mean “Sam”.

• Patti says:

One thing that was really taking off is the Todd and Carly team..,Talent,funny,sexy and just all together can be a explosive couple together…

Signed
          707 fans.

• Ron says:

It will not work – What will happen to Cole and Hope – No Natile for John – What about Jack and Sam – What about Victor being alive – how are we going to find out. I have not watch GH for a long time because it went down hill and got boring. GH should have went off the air and OLTL should have remain. ABC stinks. CHEW and Revoultion should just go away.

• rhonda hays says:

I was thinking the same thing, there has to be Hope and Cole???????

• SoapsFan@7 says:

Ummm..Yeah I agree with one thing, The Chew and The Revolution should just go to lifetime or hold hands and just jump in a hole, BUT General Hospital was/is the best soap on ABC and everyone knows it thats why they are still here and strong enough to continue the lives of some characters on other shows. Anyway Cole and Hope might show their faces but I have a feeling that Starr will be kidnaped or something crazy and end up as Michael’s rebound girl for the time being. Natalie will follow John and stay at the Metro-court where she will meet Carly, Olivia and Kate. Todd and blair will go after Starr and Jack will be in a Juvenile detention center and Sam will be in a Boarding School or something. And the crazy witch that has Victor might brain-wash him into thinking he is someone else and some how grab the attention of Sonny. Im just Spit-balling but I feel it will be some what true cuz this make sense in a SOAPs kind of way.

• kate says:

could not agree more. The chew and the revolution absolutely stink. STINK, STINK, Like we need another stupid show like these two.

• Diane says:

I totally agree they should not have taken OLTL off they should have taken GH I get sick of there way out there story lines that is why I quit watching a long time ago I probably wont follow the cast from OLTL to GH I wish it could have been different Sincerely a long time OLTL fan.

• Margaret says:

I am so happy to see the faces from One Life to Live back on the screen. LOVE LOVE IT Mo

• Landwiew Lover says:

I miss OLTL too, but don’t let abc off so easy.
      I don’t want a few people from OLTL fans want our show back.

2. Amy says:

Oh wow!! This sounds exciting. Can’t wait to see how this plays out!

• Amanda says:

Let’s just hope we can keep GH on the air!

• lisaae says:

I hope the new boss from the cancelled oltl doesn’t get gh cancelled. Let it be a warning, bad writing causes people to stop watching.

• frank valenti you do wonder work on general hosipital and we hope that you reserve this email frank valenti john and howard caylor ps frank valenti because of my dads lung cancer could we please come down to the general hosipital set and meet you and the cast of gh and one life to live and may be work on general hosipital with you we heard wonder ful things about you and you do a great job on every thing and thank you very much for writting to us and being our friend frank valenti yours truely john and howard caylor

3. Tanya says:

OMG…you just made my day!Best news ever:)

4. shaun says:

Holy smokes,that is alot of characters to add.Guess alot of Deaths are coming up for lesser characters(Maybe why Abby died? and to replace Robins spot)

5. SomethingBuchanan says:

So where does that leave Natalie and Liam. I hope it means he’s left Natalie, because I never thought they were right together. I love Natalie, I just hope they don’t drag her to GH and kill her off. I was so mad when Vicky and Jake went to ATWT after AW was cancelled, and they killed them both off, I’d hate for that to happen with Natalie.
    Maybe they can get RID of lame duck Sonny now. I hate the mob stories on GH and would be pleased if Sonny disappeared and Jason went back to being Jason Quartermaine. If this show is going to have a fighting chance, they need to get rid of the Sonny/Mob stories, and go back to it’s roots!

• loghomes says:

no they cant do that sonny makes the sho

• lisaae says:

Yep, the show has to be saved, because it has been systematically destroyed for years now. And it all started with…… Sonny kicking Carly out (when Sarah Brown left). I mean, the writers just keep making our characters’ lives miserable. We turn to soaps to escape the misery not be inundated with it. Really, Jason FINALLY gets married and can’t enjoy his honeymoon and …….

Maybe if they cancelled a few writers’ jobs the show really would have a fighting chance. Can’t wait to see Carly and Blair on screen together; I hope they’ll be friends.

• patti says:

I am so fed up with the mob scene on GH. Carly needs to go along with her constant same old meddling which is soooo boring. Jason should go back to Jason and what a concept that would be to have him play a great role again. He is such a great actor but doesn’t have great story lines to work with. Jason becoming Jason with his old and new memories could be a real game changer and joy to watch.

6. SB says:

Wow! I haven’t watched GH in over 3 years but I’m so sad about OLTL ending that I’ll probably tune back in!

• sandee says:

Please do watch even if you haven’t watched GH in years. Not going to lie to you it sucks right now but with a former OLTL headwriter on board as GH’s new headwriter hopefully it will improve without the Mannings and John McBain on board then hopefully the ratings will improve even more with them on the show. Plus Robert and Anna are coming back.

• maryann mulloy says:

I have not watched general hospital in a few years but I was going to start taping it to watch at 2pm. No revolution. Now I will start watching it again and hope they don’t take it off. Who needs another news show with Katie.

7. Marisa says:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Although, yes, I’m wondering what’ll happen to Natalie, Liam, Hope, Jack, and Sam.

• Sarah says:

The kids are reoccuring and will probably just be recast. Hoping that they just could not come to a contact agreement with Melissa Archer as opposed to them just not wanting to bring the character.

8. Captain says:

So I guess no Bree Williamson? Sucks, I really wanted to see her on GH.

9. Denna916 says:

Interesting. John McBain has GOT to be a better cop than all of the others at the PCPD! I’d like to see Blair bump heads with Carly. I guess Starr will be for Michael?? Now that Ethan’s out, I can’t think of anyone else on the canvas in her age group. At any rate, it’ll be nice to see some Llanview characters continue on.

10. alyssa897 says:

I am really excited. The only reason I watch GH is because my mom loves it and has watched it since she was little. Although I like GH, at times I can be really hard to watch will all the violence. I’ve wanted to watch other soaps, but really never had the time. I’d see stories in magazines though about romances and family things and I just wanted those story lines so bad! I’m seriously sick of the violence and dark story lines on GH. Having these OLTL characters will give me a chance to get to know the other soaps out there.

11. Linda says:

Wonder if anyone in Port Charles will notice John looks a lot like Caleb, the vampire? lol. Just kidding.

12. Leslie says:

Wonderful news….maybe the whole OLTL gang will relocated to Port Charles and finally get one-note Sonny off the canvas…would love some scenes with Anthony Z and one John McBain!!!! And Todd would make mincemeat out the mayor-turned-newspaperman.

13. Hurray says:

I am hoping we’ve seen the last of the Ford brothers. Maybe Starr and Michael will strike up a romance. Maybe Skye will make a return and go head to head with Blair, I can’t remember if they were enemies on OLTL, but I like the idea! I would LOVE David Hayward coming to GH as the new Chief of Staff, and rekindling love with Anna! Eeeeeeee!!!!

• Di says:

Skye and Blair hated each other. Skye slept with Max when Blair was married to him. Blair dunked Skye into a public toilet and Skye cut off Blair’s hair. Todd returned and made Skye look foolish to Max. When Max dumped Blair, she shot him and Todd and Blair framed Skye. Todd found out that Skye was adopted by the Chandlers and that Rae was her biological mother which he announced in public (how Skye found out). Starr was a kid at the time but she hated Skye and called her the red haired witch.

14. Keith Campbell says:

WOW!

This is HUGE! I am soooo excited by this news!

It somewhat softens the blow I and millions are feeling this week as “One Life to Live” concludes its “sunseting,” to paraphrase the dearly departed Brian Frons.

I wish Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini nothing but the best of luck!

I’ll keep on watching “G.H.” to prove to ABC that Katie Couric’s new show deserves the 4 p.m. timeslot — NOT the 3 p.m. “G.H.” timeslot!!!

15. MediaHo says:

I know very little about the OLTL characters or the actors who portray them (other than general info), but I did love Michael Easton when he was on the GH spinoff, Port Charles, as sexy singing vampire Caleb. He had awesome chemistry with then-Livvie, Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH). Hmm…

However, I’d hate to see some underused favorites such as Olivia, Steve, Alexis, Diane, etc. fall by the wayside to accommodate the Llanview gang. Rumors persist that Sonny and/or Jason are leaving. Robin is leaving. Heck, they could take those three, add Carly and Michael, and have a vitally revamped show with the new cast members. I could live with that!

Wouldn’t it be great if this version of GH survived the ax? You bet!

16. Jenn says:

Linda,
    I’m sure no one will notice that John looks like Caleb, just like no one noticed that Sam looks like Livvie/Tess. As long as Lucy and Kevin aren’t around I’d say they’re in good shape. Although, I’d be happy if those two came back! Maybe Ian Thornhart can come back since he’s twins with Patrick. So many great possibilities.

17. Katie says:

Is it selfish that I want Tea to? And I’d like to bring up Cole and Natalie is Star going to leave Cole already?

• nene says:

Starr already left Cole, they faked his death yesterday and she went back to James.

• Katie says:

Oh wow I missed that thanks :)

• naptown says:

I guess you didn’t watch the entire episode, James dumped Star.

• Lou says:

No, Starr and James are not together. Starr is with Cole. Tod faked Cole`s death for Starr and sent him to be with his parents. Then Starr went to San Fran and is living with friends there, On the last show there was a knock at the door and a man told Starr that her father thinks she needed a body-gaurd and then steps aside for Cole to come into the room.

18. Debaloo says:

UGH! Sonny at the center of it! I am so tired of this faux mob running everything in PC. I fast-forward through all scenes with Sonny so if he is going to be at the center of it, it sounds like I’ll be fast-forwarding through most of GH.

• Jasonk says:

Noooo!! Why does Sonny have to be at the center? I swear Maurice Bernard has something over the heads of someone at ABC daytime. What happened to the good old days of MB leaving and coming back because he thought he’d outgrown daytime. I fastforward through all Sonny scenes too! I sincerely hope they don’t make Todd become Sonny’s new mob rival. I’ll die! I’d rather Tracy go back to being the head of a mob gang from her days on The City. She’d at least make that whole scenario enjoyable!

• Liz says:

Maybe Sonny will be the center of it because John will finally bring him down. He could even be familiar with all of the cases that have been brought against Sonny in the past since he was FBI when he first started on OLTL.

I for one am actually looking forward to seeing Todd go toe to toe with Sonny and/or Anthony. Should be interesting.

OOH, they could have Starr sign with L&B Records and bring back Ned to work with her. That would be awesome.

• Debaloo says:

I don’t watch OLTL so I don’t know who John is but if he can bring down Sonny and the whole PC mob, then he will become my new favorite character. I also don’t know who Starr is but if they can bring back L&B records – and with it Ned and Lois, that would be great!

19. mandy says:

This has me so excited!!!!!! I have kinda been not watching GH as much lately due to the fact that I think it is heading out but now I will so be tuning in. I used to watch OLTL about 10 years again and Blair was my favorite so I will now tune in every day!!! Great job by the GH TEAM!

20. Cherie says:

I am happy and nervous. I don’t really see the fit. But there is something GH doesn’t have, a newspaper mogul. Todd would be interesting sparring with the Quartermines! Blair up against Carly, wow! Michael Easton just means they will pair him up with Sam. Mark my words, Jasam is gonna suffer. PCPD needs another ineffective cop..lol. Really i see this bringing about a new feel to GH but a push to get back to family! Blair knows Skye so maybe she will come back for a bit. They have to write Hope back in, maybe she will just be off screen for a bit. All in all I am hopeful.

21. Jens says:

Well, it’s good to see the ABC plan to kill General Hospital is on track.

Centering on the Sonny and the mob was the beginning of the end for this show. Adding in a bunch of characters who belong in LANVIEW instead of concentrating on the rich history in Port Charles will surely continue the downward spiral.

Just cancel the thing already.

22. Terry says:

Not happy. I don’t want these people on my show. Fix the show first don’t bring on characters I don’t give a damn about from your last cancelled soap.

• Liz says:

OLTL should never have been canceled. For most of the past year, its rating have been some of the best in the genre. I think that by adding some of what it had to GH could only help the show. So many of the old faces from PC have left because of Guza and Fronz, so if Carlivati and Valentini can bring in some familiar faces, albeit from another soap town, I’m good with that.

23. Mickey says:

So the only people who are happy about this are OLTL fans. Why should the GH fans and actors get punished for OLTL ending? Obviously, if the new writers were actually good, they wouldn’t have to bring over their own characters, who i’m sure they’ll favor. And there’s nothing to make Sonny interesting anymore.

And if OLTL hadn’t gotten canceled, their ratings would still be in the dump too!

24. Ana Johnson says:

WELL IN SOME PART IM HAPPY THAT 4 STARS FROM OLTL WILL HEAD TO GH.. BUT STILL I BELIEVE THAT GENERAL HOSPITAL WILL BE CANCELLED BY SEPTEMBER… I RATHER STICK TO OLTL…. ABC SHOULD HAVE CANCELLED GENERAL HOSPITAL AND KEPT ONE LIFE TO LIVE.. I AM STARTING TO THINK THAT THE ONLY REASON GH DID NOT GET CANCELLED BECAUSE ITS THE LONGEST SERIES IN ABC SO FAR BUT ITS BORING… JUST CANCEL GH ALREADY…

25. Trista says:

I would love them to add Natalie to that list. I mean she has a kid with John, is a CSI tech, and has ties to John and Starr. I could see Mac becoming Mayor and choosing to hire John as the new comish. The sole purpose is cleaning up PC and John is incorruptable which is AWESOME!

26. Renee says:

Damn. I might have to start watching GH again. Maybe with new blood in the cast, writing and running the show MAYBE GH will stop being Sonny and his gang. Oh it would be so sweet if they talked Jonathan Jackson into coming back too and actually wrote good cop stories. What a concept!

27. Renee says:

Oh and Roger Howarth? Love that man.

28. Laney says:

My first thought was to be annoyed, ’cause I just finally let GH go (in the aftermath of the Ethan/Kristina mess), and I thought I’d have to start watching again. But then I thought, no, not if they’re going to sacrifice the OLTL characters in service of St. Sonny. It’s old, it’s tired, and I’m done with it.

I think I’ll have to do the same thing I did when Another World was cancelled and they brought Jake McKinnon over to As the World Turns without Victoria — I’ll just pretend everything after the last episode never happened.

29. Mel says:

They do not belong in GH. It is time for me to say goodbye to Port Charles. I agree that GH needs to change, but this is wrong for the show.

30. Ashley says:

To the GH fans who are pissed about this: you should be thanking someone. This will bring in OLTL’s fans who have given the show better ratings than GH lately. This is the last trick GH has left up their sleeves and may be the only thing able to get the show renewed.

31. Callie says:

Ha! Adding Michael Easton’s character might be the best chance of freeing Jason from Sam. YEAH!

32. mims says:

A bright spot in a dark week–thank you for this news!

33. Snapy says:

This is awesome. I’m not even that big of a OLTL fan, but I am glad some of the characters get to live on beyond this Friday’s finale.

Now they need to bring on DORIAN! As DOCTOR Dorian Lord, Robin Strasser would be a perfect fit as the new Chief of Staff at General Hospital.

• Lady C says:

Wow! I didn’t know there were some many fans out there that think the same way I do about Sonny. He used to be one of more favorite characters but now I fast forward through all his love scenes. I especially detest this story they are now trying to get us to buy into concerning his supposed now great love for Kate/Connie. Get real! This trivializes the great love story between he and Brenda and/or Carly! I really love that some of OLTL characters are coming to PC. I will now watch routinely. I have about 40 GH episodes on tape that I have not bothered to watch. Guess I will now catch up. I don’t want Sonny to leave the show. I would like for them to get his character in check and realize that Sonny is not the center of PC

• patti says:

Perfect and so many great shows would be the payoff to see us coming back for more. I was ready to stop watching GH unless the show did a turn for the better. This year will be the year it turns itself around with fresh, new material and great actors to work with that come with a built in fans. Todd, Blair, John and as many OLTL cast they can gradually work in but keep the cream of the crop from GH. I hope the true Maxie can return though a great replacement was found which usually doesn’t happen. Come on GH you can be the great show we all loved to watch.

34. mike says:

General Hospital just became watchable again!

35. Lady C says:

I love that Todd, Blair and Starr are coming on board but what about their kids? I think that we like Blair and Todd because of how fiercely they protect each other and their family. Also, I agree with an earlier poster in that Dorian Lord would be a great asset. I think she could give Helena Cassadine a run for her money. We do need a matron bitch. As a matter of fact, I think it should be revealed that Dorian and/or Todd some how maneuvered Windemere out from under the Cassadine holdings after Todd finds out that Helena or Sonny had something to do with him being held hostage for those 8 years. Both are known for taking hostages. One of them could also be responsible for the death of Victor and the attempted framing of Todd.

36. martha says:

so happy about the hook up with theses two soaps together i’m excited is vickie and clint coming on too and roxy”

37. Sand says:

It might be interesting but I hate that once again it will center around Sonny. It would only be wonderful if it somehow meant his demise. I am SO SICK of Sonny and everything revolving around him on the show.

38. Suzie says:

Too much Sonny & Jason is what helped ruin GH in the first place, along with their repetitive storylines (Jason and head trauma; Sonny and his bad childhood or his first love). They haven’t been interesting leading characters for quite some time, and the last thing these new writers should do is revolve more of the show around them.

As for the characters that are bound to to get cut, I pray it is only the new ones from the past year and none of my favs.

39. queenb says:

Sooooooooooo excited for this news! I started watching GH in 1987 when I was in middle school. Stopped watching years later and switched to OLTL. I will be going back to Port Charles with my beloved OLTL characters!

40. Sarah says:

This gives us OLTL watchers a lil piece of lanview to hold to. I love this idea and I can’t wait for everything to play out. I guess that means my DVR will be set to GH :)

41. Deb says:

Yessssssss. I will return to GH now! Thank you to whoever pulled it off!

42. Paula says:

Hell yes! Woo hoo! Thanks for this great news!

43. Poorboy says:

This is so awesome because GH is a snoozer nowadays! I’m excited again!!! Hopefully, Natalie will remain the baby’s mama in Llanview because John need a new lady to light up the screen with him. And, Natalie doesn’t cut it!

44. Mary says:

YYYEEEAAAHHHHH!!! now if only Natalie and Liam came too, and John could have the family I’ve been rooting for for so long.

45. scott says:

Not thrilled about this. OLTL was a different soap than GH. Now they want to combine them? What about the actors on GH? Id rather they leave well enough alone.

46. Ann says:

This is an insult to me who have participated in the lobbying to keep OLTL on the air. I guess this means that PP had to give them the rights to the character or FV & RC and the four actors involved knew all along that PP was a sham and help to perpertrate and belly ache about the second cancellation because they already had the gig on GH. To hell with ABC, GH, and anyone involved in this fishy mess.

47. Ninergrl6 says:

Sounded great until the “Sonny Corinthos at the center” part. Unless John is going to PUT SONNY AWAY for a very long time, it’ll just lead to more lame mobcentric storylines that I HATE.

48. Jo says:

John’s arrival without Liam and Natalie would be completely unrealistic and not at all believeable. John has spent a year plus without his son…and for him it always ends up back with Natalie! I won’t watch if John doesn’t get his family with the deal!!!

49. Amber says:

I’ve never really liked GH, and I don’t trust that they’re going to be on the air after this summer, but I do loves me some Todd Manning, so……feeling torn here. I can’t decide if I want to watch or not.

• Patti says:

Todd Manning is a great talented actor!

We think Todd and Carly can be a asset to GH!

Blair and Todd were good. But time to move on to bigger and better things.
      Todd and a Carlt! Yes!

50. mj says:

My dream has come true. Just thinking how much I would miss T+B and Starr and why they could not go to another soap. God has heard my prayers I tell you. Just love the news and that my faves will live on. Take down Sonny I say. Good choice RC and FV way to go. I left GH years ago and now I will be heading back. YAY