The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

On TV this Tuesday: Parenthood‘s Sarah has babies on the brain, the NCIS: LA team races to save Sam’s Sudan “sweetheart,” Carrie Wells makes a wrong turn down “memory lane” and more. Here are nine shows to keep on your radar.

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | When a Navy commander is found dead in a building under construction, NCIS must search for a killer while dealing with interruptions from her distraught detective husband; Ray’s return (and a ring he’s packing!) has Ziva thinking about her future.

8 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Bay tries to impress Melody with her sign language knowledge — trying to earn some points as Emmet’s girlfriend – to no avail; Kathyrn is approached by a local reporter to turn their baby-swap story into a book.

8 pm Last Man Standing (ABC) | Mike is taken aback when he finds out that Ed hired his own daughter (The Sopranos‘ Jamie-Lynn Sigler) to replace him as Outdoor Man’s marketing consultant.

8:30 pm Work It (ABC) | TVLine-Up Free Pass No. 2 (of two): When Lee and Angel go out into the field as sales reps for the first time, Angel’s flirtatious ways earn him sales while Lee constantly strikes out, causing Lee to subtly elicit advice from his wife.

Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres, Returns and Finales Calendar

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | When a vehicle transporting Jada Khaled is ambushed, the team must track down the culprit to save her and their case, while Sam is forced to confront Jada for the first time since returning from Sudan.

9 pm The Game (BET) | Season 5 premiere: Melanie grapples with Derwin’s accusations that she had an abortion; Tasha confronts Malik about his relationship with Jenna; a wild night comes back to haunt Jason. R&B star Brandy Norwood joins the cast.

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Crosby is frustrated when Adam becomes the focus for a newspaper’s piece on The Luncheonette; Amber struggles to find her place in a new job; Sarah becomes overwhelmed with thoughts of having a baby; Julia and Joel try to resist interfering in Zoe’s personal life. (Watch preview.)

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | When an undercover cop is found executed at a truck stop, the search for the killer hits close to home. Deirdre Lovejoy (Bones, The Wire) guest-stars as Bud’s wife.

10 pm Unforgettable (CBS) | A routine investigation into a college student’s death takes a disturbing turn when a suspect makes a dangerous move to compromise Carrie’s memory. Wait, what? We can’t have that! Her memory is what the show is about.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? Also, hit the Comments to politely offer tune-in suggestions of your own.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. kirads09 says:

New NCIS and NCIS LA is a no brainer for me.

2. Renee says:

NCIS & NCIS LA for me and I’ll probably DVR Unforgettable. If they would concentrate on/increase the interplay between Poppy M. and Kevin Rankin’s characters, Unforgettable would be a better show. They play off each other really well.

3. Millbarge says:

Work It is TV worth watching? Goodbye.

4. Emgee says:

One more week until “White Collar” returns. There there will actually be TV worth watching on Tuesday night.

Tonight though? Another “Law & Order” on DVD night.

5. Saint Alicia says:

NCIS! Ziva better say no, then Ray can take a hike, and Tony can “comfort” her ;)

6. Michael says:

NCIS just because They are going to fix their mistake from last week

NCIS LA because Sam going to have to stand trail for his crime

Unforgettable- is a great show I love it

7. pv says:

Re: Unforgettable. I agree they play off each other really well; I’d add in the other lady cop, she’s interesting and I’d like to see her and Carrie interact more.

The main guy, the “romantic interest” one, is so bland. He’d be okay as a background character, but as a lead no. Plus, the whole romantic past thing those two have is really tiresome (as is the flashbacks of them having sex) and it bogs the show down.

Its an enjoyable show, it just needs to work out some kinks.

Poppy is great though. And her hair, her hair is great

8. fernando says:

Body of Proof, I hope the ratings go back up to 9 million. DVR Parenthood and watching Jane By Design, I ended up liking it.

9. Svenja says:

If Ziva says “yes” to some dude who left for more than 6 months and didn’t contact her in 7 weeks during the holiday, I’ll clearly lose some of my strong faith in the NCIS writers.
    It’s not just the shipper in me who dislikes it. It’s also the Ziva fan. She should be stronger than that.

• Nina says:

I could even live with an “I have to think about it.” (and then kick him to the curb later)
      If she said yes, she would just seem like a very desperate woman. And that seriously doesn’t sound like Ziva AT ALL.

10. DirtyKash says:

“whose” not “who’s”

11. HoldOn2Smallville says:

NCIS and Switched At Birth can’t wait :D

12. Brandy says:

Jane by design, maybe unforgettable. Cant wait for 90210 to return next week cause of ades big sl.

13. Ally says:

Poor Jane By Design, to be snubbed while Work It gets a mention.

14. kevin says:

PARENTHOOD is on my Tuesday night fix and this season continues to be its strongest year yet and ABC better hope they pulled the plug on WORK IT after tonight’s episode.

15. Natalie says:

“Work It” is TV worth watching??????????????? That is the worst show that has ever aired, I can’t imagine many more eps will air after the horrendous ratings come in. Why would you recommend this show to anyone with an IQ over 25? TV FAIL!!!

• CJ says:

Work It may be silly, and offensive to some, but it’s FAR from the worst show ever aired. It isn’t even the worst show aired this season.

• Lisa says:

One show like Bosom Buddies (TV Series 1980–1982) starring Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari is all the world needs in one lifetime.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Hi, you must be new here. New broadcast shows, as a rule, get precisely two (2) free passes on the TVLine-Up, then must earn their stripes. – Management

16. Justin says:

NCIS, NCIS: LA, and Unforgettable for me.

17. Lisa says:

Last Man Standing
    Dirty Jobs
    Jamie’s American Road Trip (BBC)

18. Mary B says:

It looks like Parenthood is preempted here in Boston due to the election coverage. I hate it when the network affiliates do this, and then don’t post anything anywhere regarding when a missed episode of a show will be aired. Sorry. Needed to get that off my chest;-)

19. Richard says:

Let’s see, I have scheduled to record:
    Jane by Design
    24 Hour Catwalk
    Body of Proof
    Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood
    Tabatha Takes Over

20. Leah says:

I’m watching my OKC Thunder play the grizzlies tonight. Basketball comes first!!

• Mikey says:

Ordinarily I’d agree, but based on the last few embarassments – I mean games – I don’t think I can bear to watch the Grizz until Zach Randolph recovers. I may watch anyway in the hope that Westbrook and Durant get in each other’s face again.

21. Tom Bentley says:

Definitely both NCIS and NCIS-LA. Although I do hope Ziva says yes to CI-Ray. I have and continue to be a big Ziva fan but the past 1 and 1/2 seasons the writers have turned her from a mosad top agent to Tony’s sidekick. Unless the writers can bring her back to the real Ziva, I feel a replacement may be in order.

• Mo says:

Is it she suppose to be Tony sidekick? I mean Tony the better Agent and Gibbs righthand man Ziva like the lois lane of NCIS she not suppose to be a God like she has been

22. Rach says:

NCIS and NCIS:LA, of course…and i’ll DVR Unforgettable and Flashpoint (which should be on here!) and then watch Body of Proof on demand