Supernatural Hot Shots: Dean Teams Up – and Suits Up! – With Eliot Ness

Just when you thought Supernatural had done it all, the CW series will travel to the 1940s this Friday at 9/8c. And we’ve got your first look at Dean teaming up with famous G-man Eliot Ness (The X Files‘ Nicholas Lea).

Here’s the setup: Dean gets arrested by the FBI agent after the God of Time (Ringer and Veronica Mars‘ Jason Dohring) sends him back seven decades or so, but the two soon discover they have something in common — they’re both hunters! Turns out Ness even has his own trunk of weapons!

Supernatural Scoop: Misha Collins Returning!

But before they can get the bad guys, the first order of business is getting Dean suited up. And once he does, the elder Winchester has no problem fitting in with the Untouchables vibe.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Dean’s snazzy new look.

Comments (30)

• Jensen looks fantastic and I couldn’t be more excited to watch Dean team up with Elliott Ness. Can we add a clause in his contract where he always wears a fedora. Jensen truly it this generations George Clooney. He’s so handsome.

The only sad part is that Cas isn’t standing next to him wearing his own fedora. Here’s hoping the return of Misha Collins will mean the return of Team Free Will and Dean, Sam and Cas can all fight together again.

Comment by Dilys – January 10, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode sounds like it will be rocking! When I first heard about another time travel ep I was put off but as it developed it sounded fairly awesome. Plus, Dean looking all 1940′s is just too much. Dean Winchester is USDA Prime Choice.

I’m looking forward to this week’s episode! Is it Friday yet?

Comment by Dawn – January 10, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a lot of fun, Jensen always brings great hummor to his character and this kind of episodes are very entertaining. I am looking forward to watch this episode

Comment by TorSword – January 10, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this episode! Teaming Ackles with Lea promises to be spectacular. Casting Ness as a hunter is genius. And on a shallow note – it’s not every actor who simply gets more handsome the _more_ clothes they put on him!

Comment by Lisa – January 10, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not writing this to start a war… But one cannot help but to be concerned: where’s Sam?
    (please tell me he’s gone to the barber to get those sideburns trimmed!!!)
    Okay that was a joke, but I was just curious ;-)

Comment by Julie – January 10, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sam’s sideburns are awesome.

Comment by Lisa – January 10, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Umm where is Sam? Don’t tell me omnly Dean is time traveling AGAIN! Ugh

Comment by maria – January 10, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sam has time traveled. No not as much as Dean has but he still has time traveled. I don’t understand Supernatural fans sometimes. For people who are either fans of Sam or fans of Dean you sure are concentrated on the opposite brother alot. Dean fans are always “Sam gets this, Sam gets that, What about Dean. Sam fans are always “Dean gets this, Dean gets that, What about Sam. Seriously people can’t you just enjoy the show. Some episodes center around Dean. Some episodes center around Sam. Some episodes center on the brothers together. Get over it.

Comment by Dave – January 10, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Both brothers went back to the Old West last season and there was that awesome episode, “The Song Remains the Same”, where both brothers got to see their parents as young adults and Sam had some terrific scenes. There must be some reason Sam hasn’t traveled back with Dean in this particular episode, so people should just watch and not jump to conclusions. When Dean went back in time in “In the Beginning”, it was specifically so that he could learn some things about his family (including his brother) and that’s why Sam didn’t go with him.

Comment by Kalie – January 10, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tell me the last time you saw a promo with no Dean in it? How about an episode with no Dean in it? Sam fans have had BOTH. Quit acting like there isn’t a history of Sam being TOTALLY pushed into the background while Dean gets all the focus. And I’m a fan of BOTH, but to act like Sam fans don’t have a legitimate gripe is ridiculous.

Comment by SPN Fan – January 10, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your comment just proves my point. The entire last season was about Sam and his time in hell and Castiel and his deal. Dean while yes did have some story basically took a back seat. This season has been a little more Dean centric while Sam still has a story though. Dean has taken a back seat to story for Sam as well as yes Sam has taken a back seat for story to Dean. If you think otherwise… Well that is just ridiculous.

Comment by Dave – January 10, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely agree with you (even about the sideburns!!). I love Dapper Dean but I hope Sam doesn’t get the short end of the stick.

Comment by Michelle – January 10, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all things Sam and Dean, even the sideburns. I get my Sam and Dean fix five days a week on TNT.

Comment by Lisa – January 10, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could Jensen Ackles be any hotter? I don’t think so. I’m definitely looking forward to this.

Comment by Carrie – January 10, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • **Swoon**

Comment by Kristen – January 10, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean Winchester/Jensen Ackles is pure hotness! Whew!!!!

Comment by Lupe – January 10, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm Mmmm He looks so good. I cant wait to see this one, waiting for the season to pick back up again, the first two episodes were so good.

Comment by Isabelle – January 10, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a latecomer to supermatural but am anxiously awaiting s7here in uk
    Even moreso now I know Nic Lea will be in it!
    Jenson and Nic look very hot …I in hotness heaven!
    I also agree with some previous comments
    Just because you favor one or the other should not affect your enjoyment of a brilliant show…there are way too few of good shows in my opinion so enjoy it while you can!
    Later x

Comment by Sandra – January 10, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Jensen’s next series/movie is a period piece! Western or Forties either look is hot.

Comment by Connie – January 10, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreeing with you about Jensen and a period piece; just read a book called The Peacemaker (by SJ Richard, who is self-proclaimed a collossal, mega Supernatural fan). The author said in an interview that if the book were a movie, only Jensen Ackles could play the lead charcter, Jack O’Malley, a Civil War vet. Picture the ep “Frontierland”–total mix of the cowboy/renegade and comedy–mixed with the drama of… well, any angsty Dean Winchester moment. Jensen would be completely awesome (not to mention smokin’ hot) in it! I’m thinking Oscar and Sexiest Man Alive contender for the man who makes us all love Dean Winchester.

Now, SJ just needs to write a book for Jared…

Comment by Lulu – January 10, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I read that book also! I totally agree that he should play the role of Jack O’Malley!!!!!!!! I bet he definitely would win an Oscar for that also. Maybe SJ’s next book will have a role for Jared…although maybe Jared could play Hennasay (sp), lol! :)

Comment by Whitney – January 10, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously…Dean, Krychek and Logan all in one episode????? This is amazing to me.

Comment by Stephanie – January 10, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a huge Supernatural fan, and I love both brothers. It’s a treat to see Dean in a suit and back in 1944.

But I have to wonder where is Sam? He always gets left out of these episodes. His arc for this episode better be amazing.

Comment by Kira – January 10, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whaah, what thoughts. This man is freaking gorgeous. Dean fangirling Ness is heart-warming, while I fangirl Dean.

Comment by Laurie – January 10, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean playing dress up cowboy was boring and I felt like I was watching Jensen playing dress up instead. I’m not going to pay attention to the Dean bits in this episode. I’ll try and just look at Nick Lea. At least when I saw him on Kyle XY and other shows, he wasn’t promoting a show about younger siblings being treated like utter crap just for being born. SPN = Anti-Family. Boooooo.

And Dean being emo in the 1940s? Barf!

Comment by Jane – January 10, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get over yourself and just enjoy the show.

Comment by Dave – January 10, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They both look very sexy. I’m excited to see the episode.

Comment by Melody – January 10, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hee! Dean looks like he’s loving it ;) This is gonna be wicked.

Comment by Ella – January 10, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my goodness, they’re at the haberdashery! I may swoon.

Comment by Mo – January 10, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude – who cares about Sam and Dean – JASON DOHRING! Enough said!

Comment by Del – January 11, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post