Psych Renewed for Season 7

Get More: News, Renewals

Get Psych‘d, you Psych-Os, because Shawn and Gus see much more crime-solving ahead.

USA Network has renewed the popular detective comedy for Season 7, bolstering its status as the cabler’s longest-running current series.

Interestingly, instead of simply dropping a typical press release, stars James Roday and Dulé Hill took to Twitter and Facebook on Tuesday, revealing (literal) puzzle pieces that ultimately led to a video of the duo making the pleasantly surprising renewal announcement.

Currently on its holiday break, Psych will resume Season 6, pineapples in-hand, on Wednesday, Feb. 29, at 10/9c.

Comments (48)

• Wonderful news! I think this season has been its strongest, can’t wait for more!

Comment by Josh – January 10, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!

Comment by Suzanne – January 10, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • actually, Monk had 8 seasons and therefore has been on air longer than Psych. but nevertheless, i’m SUPER excited! Season 7 also means that Psych will get its 100th episode!!

Comment by Jenna V – January 10, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How could they forget monk! I loved that show! But I love Psych too!

Comment by Roger – January 10, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They forgot monk because monk is boring and retarded, Therefor being the easiest thing to forget.

Comment by kaleb – May 24, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did Monk maybe have less episodes total, even if there are more seasons? I’m not familiar with Monk, but maybe that’s what the writer meant.

Comment by jb – January 10, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am pretty sure that Monk had more episodes.

Comment by sinjin405 – January 11, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless they changed the wording after initial print (which I know these sites often do when they do not proofread and edit properly) they stated “cabler’s longest-running CURRENT series,” as in….currently running.

Comment by Jo – January 11, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just checked and it’s Monk. I like Psych, but Monk was an outstanding show. Still watch reruns sometimes.

Comment by sinjin405 – January 11, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cabler’s longest-running CURRENT series. Monk finished a few years ago which means its not CURRENT. You people really have to read the whole article before commenting.

Comment by Kevin – June 14, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love their bromance. Good to hear that they have more seasons.

Comment by Lucia – January 10, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FYI, Monk ran for 8 seasons, so Psych isn’t the longest running USA show yet.

Comment by Darcy – January 10, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It says “the cabler’s longest-running current series”, emphasis on the word “current”. Monk has been concluded, Psych has not. Have a good day.

Comment by Clarification Officer – January 14, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed their way of revealing the season renewal. USA is treating the show right. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Comment by Esaul – January 10, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!!!

I love Psych. More Shawn & Gus makes me very happy!

Comment by Eliza – January 10, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy! Season 7, possible musical episode, 100th episode, more Shules & Shus! Yes please! I can’t wait bt gotta get through S6 first!

Comment by JillianLuvPsych – January 10, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they mean longest running that is still currently producing episodes, since monk is had been over for a while. But either way I AM SO EXCITED!! It is my favorite show on tv!!

Comment by Kimberly – January 10, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No they said longest in the cabler’s history. So they are just wrong since Monk ran for 8 seasons

Comment by Carm – January 10, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awsome news I loved the mental hospital episode

Comment by jt1717 – January 10, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay! so happy and excited!

Comment by Stefanie – January 10, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monk ran for 8seasons that’s the longest running show on USA..stupid article

Comment by brandon – January 10, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS THE BEST NEWS OF MY DAY!!! Thank you !! I was having a horrible day and the fact will get more of Gus and Shaun makes it so much better!!!

Comment by Amanda – January 10, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually I could care a less. After getting rid of IN Plain Sight the only show I like on USA is Covert affairs

Comment by aaron – January 10, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then why did you bother reading the article and taking the time and energy to type out a comment? Geez.

Comment by Amber – January 10, 2012 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Took the words right out of my mouth. Seems some people just aren’t happy unless they are cryin’ about somethin’. I like In Plain Sight and am bummed it’s done after this season, but there’s room in my heart for more.

Comment by gcem – January 11, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whaaaat! That’s what I’m talkin about! Give me some more of The Catch and Tap man any day. This season has been great too! Can’t wait for the second half! I hope we see Gus find some true love, enough of them wild n crazy gals lol :)

Comment by S. – January 10, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait…. Wish USA gave more love to the show though. They do a lot more for other shows that I don’t think are as good

Comment by lavender gooms – January 10, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay, great news. great show. i wonder if monk technically started on nbc and that is why its 8 seasons don’t seem to count. either way, i am so glad shawn and gus with be back again.

Comment by murley – January 10, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES love the show

Comment by Michael – January 10, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FANTASTIC! Now all I need is a little show called FRINGE to be renewed <3

Comment by BonesFringeFan – January 10, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I love psych! (is it just me or does everyone who watches Psych watch Monk?…cuz I LOVE monk too)

Comment by Nya – January 10, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. Psych is one of the funniest shows on TV. Love the chemistry between the whole cast, but especially the bromance!

Comment by Petra – January 10, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good deal, I love Psych.

Comment by Amber – January 10, 2012 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is very good news!

Comment by Justin – January 11, 2012 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Great news. This is one of my favorite shows and this season has been amazing so far (The hangover episode, anyone?!).

Comment by Alice – January 11, 2012 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OHHH wiiieee :D

Comment by E – January 11, 2012 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Ken Tucker and his review for another show where he manages to pull in psych for a bashing session can suck it! Okay, so I’m at fault b/c I read said review…

psych is one of my favorite shows, and I appreciate USA Network’s faith in it this far into its run. I wish NBC had similar faith in Community (keep it in the family, and all that)…

Comment by Winnie – January 11, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great News! It makes it a teensy bit easier to lose CHUCK….. I always thought that CHUCK would have been a grat fit on the USA network.

Comment by Susan – January 11, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GREAT fit! (not grat)

Comment by Susan – January 11, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve heard it both ways. ;)

Comment by aleksa – January 11, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Psych! So happy!

Comment by DL – January 11, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • woo hoo!

Comment by Lynnette – January 11, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WWE Monday Night Raw has been on the air since January of 1993. That is longer than Monk’s 8 seasons. Is math broken?

Comment by Donnie Lederer – January 11, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the Psych, especially the 80s and 90s references :). Also, I mention this because someone mentioned it;) USA should pick up Chuck. More nerds!!! Yippeeee!!

Comment by Mimi – January 20, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this news!

Comment by Jamey – January 21, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a great show. Am so glad it is renewed.This tv station knows what it is doing.

Comment by becki Killion – April 30, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry for the bummer but, Psych might be ending after Season 8. I hope it doesn’t though:(

Comment by aaron – April 20, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post