Exclusive

General Hospital Exclusive: Tristan Rogers Returning - for Robin's Big Exit Story?

Kimberly McCullough’s General Hospital swan song, sad as it may be, sure is bringing back some fan-favorite blasts from the past.

On the heels of the news that Finola Hughes’ Anna will be on hand for… well, whatever fate awaits Robin that will escort the character off the canvas, TVLine has learned that Tristan Rogers (aka BDS aka Big Daddy Scorpio) is returning to the ABC daytime drama as well.

General Hospital Shake-Up! Who’s In? Who’s Out?

Rogers is due back on our screens in mid-February, and not for a short stint but “the foreseeable future,” I am told. And though a GH rep declines to confirm Robert is returning for Robin’s exit story… that’s where the smart money is at, amiright?

Soaps Dish: Two One Life to Live Hunks Heading to GH?

Rogers created the role of WSB agent Robert Scorpio back in 1980 (cue visions of mod digs with floating staircase and sauna!), and most recently revisited the character in December 2008. Since his last Port Charles visit, he’s been on The Young and the Restless and the web series The Bay.

Wow, Anna and Robert…. Anyone else getting anxious? If they exhume that dreadful Duke recast, I’d worry. And what’s Bradley Lockerman up to these days?

1. Tucker says:

I was wondering if he would when you reported Hughes coming back.

2. muse says:

Not keeping up on my GH news so can someone tell me why Kimberly is leaving? Was it her decision or was she fired like so many other great GH actors?

3. imasoapfan says:

I can’t wait to watch Robert Scorpio on GH again. This is a truly bright spark in this year of sad soap opera news.

Love that last shout out to Casey the Alien in the article! Hee!

4. A.D. says:

This is awesome…now bring back Faison!

5. Nick says:

Now pray that the new head writer knows how to write for Scorpio unlike the last horrible regime. He deserves to be brought back as the great character he was in the past. And he and Tony Geary deserve a relevant storyline.

6. udhoop says:

Best news of 2012 so far! I’ll be tuning BACK into GH for TR and FH! Now I don’t want the recast of Duke but maybe Ian Buchanan can get out of his DOOL deal and join them too! And where’s John Reilly these days? He is Robin’s godfather after all!

7. raelee514 says:

I hope this means that FV/RC are going to possibly use Tristan’s Robert to CLEAN UP Port Charles of the Mobsters who have been running rampant around town for the last decade or so….

Tristan wasn’t happy with how he was used his last go around, I don’t think he would have come back for Guza, or Wolfe, but RC/FV have a totally different tone and storytelling feel. I can’t wait to see their changes implemented.

8. pashektu says:

It’s nice to see old fav’s coming back but it seems to be adding fuel to the fire that G.H. will be axed by ABC. Read an article in TV guide in todays news that no decision has been made yet by the execs.

• raelee514 says:

THe writing is on the wall for GH getting cancelled.

The new producer/writing team that has been brought in brought OLTL under budget and it’s one of the main reasons I’m sure they were handed GH after they lost OLTL’s last chance deal with Prospect Park.

ABC is going to say they’ve made no decision on GH, that GH is still on the schedule until the day they cancel it. Heck they claimed no soap was even in danger of cancellation until the day they cancelled two.

9. Robert says:

If Robert Scorpio returns, so will I. But he better not just be there for a once a week appearance…get him and Luke back together and save this mob infested crapfest!!!

Rob

10. diane says:

I haven’t watched GH in YEEEARS but may have to watch with both of them returning. I remember when Anna and her scar first appeared and when Robin didn’t know Anna was her mom. Can’t wait.

11. Nic says:

Wow! After a 10+ year hiatus from soaps, looks like Tristan and Finola will finally have me watching again!

12. dee says:

So after Robin dies tragically and Patrick is left wallowing in grief in despair, drowning in a whiskey bottle, will GH have the courage to bring his dad Noah (Rick Springfield) back to help him put the pieces back together? After all, Patrick’s story will basically mimic what made Noah go off the rails, right?

13. Mary says:

I have been away from GH for 20+ years, the last time I watched GH? Tristan Rogers had walked out the door in his final scene in 1992 and I haven’t watch GH since and now it’s time for me to come on home with Robert Scorpio!!..I caught Tristan on Y&R and he was such a sexy silver fox. I really liked that character he played there for awhile but no character is better than the best character ever!! Robert Scorpio. See you in Port Charles.

14. Diane says:

I hate the idea of Robin dying but … IF she does, I hope that Michael Sutton comes back and Robin and Stone are together again. Yes, I am a sap like that.

15. Alan says:

This is the news I’ve been waiting for! When I was a kid, I loved watching Robert and Luke go on their adventures. I realize that they are older now, but I think they should go back to Roberts WSB roots and create some stories around that. Now that I think of it, I wouldn’t mind seeing Robert cleaning up Port Charles of the mob.

16. Kyle says:

I stopped watching GH ever since it tried to become the Sopranos of daytime. I’d definitely come back if they give some great storylines to their legacy characters.

17. lynn says:

I agree I would like to see more of the old spy storylines that kept you guessing and less mob stuf. I love jasons cheacter but he hasn’t had much of a storyline sence franco.

18. Suzanne Cammalleri says:

It would be nice if General Hospital had a matriarch like One Life to Live or All My Children to anchor the show. Monica Quartermaine and Bobby Spencer should have always had a storyline instead of backfiller.

19. Trends keep changing in the arena of web business.
    And the basic ingredient that causes these changes is the ease of access.
    Which one for the major factors that furthermore responsible for shaping the offline shopping styles.

People prefer consumer something which easily available, unless of course,
    it is something very unique and cannot be found any place else.

These eyes catching Window curtains have end up
    being the first choice in many homes with regards to their fine looks and great durability.
    There are several types of such products sold in the market but with regards to their low quality
    material they lack stability. Here you shall find out different
    varieties of Window Window treatments. No matter what sort of use you have, we have all the features for you.

Those home furniture options just mentioned
    tend to be simply a few of the selections that are provided since a couple
    of a ton more other buyers. Like, you can get Adirondack chairs, chaise lounges,
    loveseats, patio tables, porch swings, rocking chairs, for
    that reason much more that might be too time
    consuming to list them virtually all.

If you could not stand talking inside over the phone, consequently being
    apply to hold for a period of time, want should learn everything online shopping.

There’s lot of car insurance firms to select from and it’s convenient if you do get to conduct
    it online. Just fill out the structure and your quotes can given right away.

Finding for your perfect car insurance company might quite difficult but
    rewarding in the conclusion. It’s best to inspect in your telephone directory and in order to
    these companies over cell phone.

When referring to purchasing men’s footwear, we understand that the options limited and restricted.
    Therefore not find a huge collection in different
    colours and. The probable colours, in anyone will find shoes,
    are black, burgundy, brown, maroon, and white. However,
    designers have notice this void and have started planned with new style and fashion in men’s
    designer footwear. However, the truth remains that most men out at idea that would likely have spend a a large amount of money for a little pair of trainers.

Though women’s clothing come in thousands of shops online, try to few stores you can trust.
    Come across great deals within those shops or malls.
    You’re able to order over summer and winter without worry while
    choosing the women’s clothing that fits your style.