The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: Llanview starts saying goodbye, the Liars discover their tormenter is not acting “A”-lone, a murder threatens to crash a Castle wedding and more. Here are eight programs to keep on your radar.

2 pm One Life to Live (ABC) | It’s the beginning of the end, as the 43-year-old sudser kicks off its final week. (Get some scoop on Friday’s finale.)

Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres, Returns and Finales Calendar

8 pm The Bachelor (ABC) | The remaining bachelorettes travel to Ben’s hometown in the Sonoma, Calif. vineyards, where two lucky ladies get one-on-one dates. During the group date, as the women audition for and perform in a child-written community theater production, expect “drama and uncontrollable tears.”

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | After enlisting Caleb’s hacking skills to help with their quest, the Liars find out “A” is not acting alone and his/her “helper” may be closer than they think; Aria and Ezra must deal with the aftermath of coming clean.

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | It’s a bit of a slow night, so we’ll point out this repeat of Punchy’s wedding, featuring Drunk Marshall at his finest (as he and Lily try to hide her pregnancy), a montage of Ted’s crying, embarrassing toasts and Robin and Barney busting serious moves.

9 pm The Lying Game (ABC Family) | Emma can’t escape the fact that her twin may be gone for good; Rebecca tries to help Char when her mom, Phyllis, has another drinking “episode.”

9 pm WWE Monday Night RAW (USA Network) | After teasing his return last week; Chris Jericho’s next move is revealed; Kane resumes his unfinished business with John Cena.

9 pm Fear Factor (NBC) | Contestants, bound and locked in cages, are submerged underwater while their teammates dive in to free them. At the Fear Factor Food Truck, teams eat live cockroaches and giant grasshoppers with a side of rat hair chips and maggot-topped salsa.

Will a Castle Wedding Make Kte and Rick Ready for Romance?

10 pm Castle (ABC) | When a lothario is killed, Castle and Beckett suspect that the victim’s mysterious double life holds the key to his murder. Their investigation leads to a shocking twist that threatens to disrupt Ryan and Jenny’s wedding. “It’s a fun episode,” says series boss Andrew H. Marlowe, “because some secrets are revealed about the Ryan/Jenny relationship that are a lot of fun, and of course we touch on the Lanie/Esposito relationship as well.” And Rick and Kate? Might they get ideas about finally acting on their feelings…? “Oh, I think that every time you have a wedding episode… it’s a chance for everybody to take stock of their relationship,” Marlow teases.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? Also, hit the Comments to politely offer tune-in suggestions of your own.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. nakedheat2356 says:

Yay, Castle is back!

• CeriMoller says:

Happy to see that Castle will return in 2012! I’ve been wondering for a long time WHEN the romance would connect Castle and Beckett. It might happen in tonight’s episode, or we might have to wait a little longer. Either way, I’m happy it be shown tonight!

2. lee says:

Finally! Castle is back!

3. Brandy says:

Pll, lying game for sure maybe 2 broke girls, gossip girl, hart of dixie reruns.

4. T.t says:

Nothing on for me tonight. Explain to me this why would how I met your mother come back from a long hiatus last week and take another hiatus after 1 ep

• Peter Bishop II says:

Maybe someone from FOX’s scheduling dept took over?

• Joe I says:

Maybe, as they were going to come back this week but seeing as last weeks was a New Years episode they decided to air it a week early to fit in with the holiday and then carry on the series from next week as normal…

• Mico says:

Okay this just made my day! =)))

• Rock Golf says:

Simple explanation: NCAA National Championship.

• CJ says:

Shows have traditionally been hit-and-miss with new episodes in January. They run lots of reruns throughout the holidays because viewership is down regardless of what they show. But sweeps is in February, so they don’t want to show reruns then, either. Given the number of originals each season, most shows are stuck showing a rerun or two in January. This season, though, they’ve been talking about “fall finalés” and “spring premieres” in order to sound like successful cable shows. I don’t think that means any substantive difference in actual scheduling of reruns, though.

• Scott J. says:

Simple. The BCS NCAA College Football Championship is on tonight and most networks don don’t want to burn a new program opposite what is sure to be a ratings winner.

5. tvaddict says:

PLL, Lying Game, BCS National Championship

6. kirads09 says:

Pawn Stars
    Watching The Firm which I DVR’d last night.

7. adlib19 says:

Is Hawaii 5-0 new or a rerun?

8. Kat says:

I can’t believe OLTL is ending and GH will probably be next! It’s the end of an era and the beginning of a new one – the one where ABC execs force the cheapest, least entertaining and most poorly made garbage down viewers throats and laugh all the way to the bank!

BOYCOTT ABC!!!!!

• CJ says:

The surprise to me is not that the shows were cancelled, but that All My Children had fallen so far for so long. It went from one of the most widely respected (and well-known even among non-soap-watchers) to a shell of its former self. But all the soaps seem to be on the way out: the highest rated one now (by far), Young & the Restless, is drawing ratings that would have put in last place 20 years ago. The Talk & The Chew aren’t beating the ratings of the shows they replaced, but are so much cheaper to produce that the networks are already making money from the change.

9. Liz says:

I will watching the BCS National Championship, although I don’t know who I’m pulling for yet, I usually just pull for whichever team is the SEC team in BCS Championship games, so 2 SEC teams make the choice difficult. I will also be DVRing Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, and Castle.

10. Sue says:

Once Upon A Time, I DVR’d last night and Castle…

11. Lisa says:

Fear Factor

12. slj730 says:

It is with tremendous sadness that I will watch the last 5 episodes of One Life to Live airing on ABC. A show that was in the Top 10 of best TV for 2011 should not have been cancelled. ABC’s loss will hopefully be someone else’s gain. I suspect ABC is quite surprised with just how many loyal viewers there are of not just OLTL, but All My Children. The fans continue, as Susan Lucci stated several months back, to be “on fire!”

13. Jason says:

OLTL should not be saying its goodbyes, because it a show tht shouldn’t be canceled.

14. Danielle H says:

I’m so over the “will they, won’t they” on Castle. It’s not enjoyable anymore.. it’s just downright annoying and is making the show unlikeable.
    Anywayyyy… Castle and 2BG.. really wish HoD was back, miss that show like crazy!

• Liz says:

I miss HOD too. 2 more weeks until it returns and I can’t wait!

• Agreed! says:

I hate the will they or won’t they act on any show! I mean a season of it, ok! Maybe two, fine. Bones is a prime example of the will they or won’t they that went on for so long that by the time they did not many people cared.

• Lori says:

I’m okay with the will they/won’t they aspect of it. It will happen eventually. But I’m not feeling it this season. Is it my imagination or is this season just so so? With the exception of Beckett’s PTSD I am losing interest.

15. lame says:

This episode will probably signal the C/B relationship moving to the fast track. The shippers should be in heaven from 4.11 to 4.22,as the series continues to evolve. Then of course, there is Episode 4.23.

16. Richard says:

Let’s see, I have scheduled to record:
    Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker
    It’s a Brad, Brad World
    1 girl 5 gays

17. Ashley says:

Ugh, why is it not tonight already? I want my Castle wedding ep now :(

18. Pam says:

Zzzz…. And I am actually caught up on my DVRd shows so I think I will actually do something productive tonight. lol. :)

19. Cody says:

BCS National Championship. Roll Tide!

20. JP says:

Dang! I could have sworn I saw an ad for H5O that said it was new, but I guess that was just cold medicine & wishful thinking!

Book night for me…

21. Audrey says:

I never thought I would ever say this again after Chuck moved to Fridays, but thanks to Castle…IT’S FINALLY MONDAY AGAIN! WOOHOOO!

22. Maura says:

So heartbroken that One Life to Live will be ending…..I am praying for a miracle!

23. Angie says:

One life to Live of course it is so great & so sad that Frons was allowed to kill the soaps especially OLTL nobody wants to watch the spew or as I call it Cooking for Dummies & Revulsion looks totally revolting Tim Gunn is revolting & the new 24 hr Disney Jr network for toddlers just what we need toddlers are really up 24 hrs we have enough Disney & enough talk shows we want to escape for a few hrs not think about cooking or weight loss what do these Abc execs know NOTHING they don’t watch tv

24. Eve says:

Haven’t watched One Life To Live in years but it caught my attention today when lot’s of the dead characters from the past years appeared on the screen. I’m happy that they are putting together a good send off for the cast and crew and the fans that have continued to watch.

25. Mary says:

I will be watching OLTL all this last week. Today’s episode was awesome as usual. I’m so sad its ending. I hope to see it n AMC back on another network or cable real soon. Thank you Agnes Nixon for bringing us such wonderful shows like OLTL & AMC they don’t make them like this anymore. No, now we have sorry shows like the chew n the revolution which I won’t be watching!!!

26. Mary Lou says:

One Life to Live has been must see for me for a long time, but especially this week. I know I’ll be watching through my tears. This is a wonderful show that never should have been cancelled. I hope and pray the Disney Company will do the right thing & return the rights to Agnes Nixon, so that this wonderful show, along with All My Children, can find a new home. I am a SWAN. I stand with Agnes Nixon.

27. Liz says:

I am a SWAN too! OLTL is not only the best soap on tv, it is the best show on tv, bar none. I can’t believe those rats at Disney/ABC are ditching it for the Revulsion, pun intended. I have watched OLTL since day one and it’s better than ever. I am truly devastated and will never forgive ABC for the cancellation.