Glee Spoiler Alert: Cast Teases Which Couples Are Heating Up (and Cooling Off) in the New Year

Triangles will be formed and chemistry will heat up this winter on Glee — and we’re not talking about story arcs involving geometry or science. (As if the students of William McKinley High School actually attend classes in the first place!) TVLine’s intrepid reporters caught up with the cast of Fox’s high-school musical at Sunday’s Television Critics Association bash to get the scoop on what’s in store for several of the show’s power couples:

Sebastian and Blaine | While Grant Gustin’s troublemaking Warbler appeared to have his eye on Kurt’s preppy boyfriend in the first half of Season 3, the colder weather will put a chill on their sexually charged interplay. “It’s actually going less in a flirtatious direction [between Blaine and Sebastian], and more of [Sebastian] just being a d***,” says Gustin. “I’m not necessarily trying to split up [Kurt and Blaine].” In other words, don’t be in a rush to put a for-sale sign on Klaine’s chic holiday chalet.

‘There Will Not Be a Glee Spin-off,’ Says Fox Boss — So What About Rachel and the Other Seniors?

Artie and a Mystery Lady | “Artie gets some lovin’ in the first episode back,” says Kevin McHale. “He goes after one lady — a current cast member, she’s not a series regular. That narrows it way down. Way down.” While McHale neither confirms nor denies his character will hook up with tone-deaf but increasingly amusing Sugar Motta (Vanessa Lengies), he did admit that Artie’s romantic stock is on the rise in general in 2012, thanks in part to the attention of Cheerios co-captain Becky. “She wants her some Artie,” teases McHale.

Will and Emma | News of Will proposing to Emma in next Tuesday’s episode has been widely reported, but what prompts him to get down on bended knee? “I’m trying to not give away things, but Emma basically lets Will know that she’s ready to move forward,” says Jayma Mays. That said, don’t bet your entire bank account that Miss Pillsbury will be interviewing wedding planners before the school year is out. “There could be many reasons” that Emma might turn down Will, says Mays, adding that the title of the episode, “Yes/No,” is an apt one. “We wanted it to be a bit ambiguous because they do touch on some issues they have been pondering for each other. They’re being very mature.”

Sam and Mercedes | “Right now there’s a love triangle going on,” says Chord Overstreet of his character returning to McKinley to find Mercedes paired with towering football star Shane. “I don’t know where it’s going, but I’m having fun.”

Mike and Tina | “Mike and Tina did have a little fight [during the fall],” says Harry Shum, Jr., acknowledging Mike’s fury at Tina confronting his father, “but now it’s good.” Looks like in this case, the end — Mr. Chang getting on board with Mike’s dancing dreams — justified the means.

Kurt and Blaine | Look for Kurt to sing “Ben” to Blaine in Glee‘s upcoming Michael Jackson tribute episode. “I have no idea [why it was chosen], but I know it was voted the worst song in history by some group,” says Chris Colfer. “[The song] was about a rat, but we’re singing it about Kurt’s boyfriend. I’m not sure what the connection is!” Alas, though, the chorus doesn’t find a lyric change from “Ben” to “Blaine.” “That would have been clever, though,” reasons Colfer.

Kurt and Karofsky | Colfer says he’s betting that Max Adler’s homophobic-bully-turned-gay-bar-enthusiast will return before the season is over. “I love that character,” Colfer says. “I love that he’s kind of like a good guy now.”

Brittany and Santana | While some fans have expressed dismay that Brittany and Santana have yet to seal their romance with a kiss, costar Jane Lynch says she thinks the lack of girl-girl action makes sense. “I don’t think Brittany’s in it. I don’t think Brittany’s in love with Santana,” Lynch theorizes. “I think Santana needs a girlfriend. Brittany loves her, but Brittany’s not her girlfriend.”

Sue and…Somebody? | “There’s something big coming for Sue that I can’t tease, but let’s just say for a peri-menopausal woman, it’s pretty exciting,” says Lynch. (Reporting by Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello and Vlada Gelman)

1. Naomi says:

Fin and rachel_love_but let others get their moments a lil more.
    Santana and britanny_cute_but let Santana have someone to love.
    Puck and rachels mom_gold lol
    Kurt and blaine_ meh
    Quinn and?_ give her a sweety!
    Mike and tina super cute! And comforting
    Will and emma cute but they need to take some dance lessons or somethin! There a young couple who can actually legallly drink unlike all the students!
    and what about irish boy hes a cutey he needs to get the luck o the irish!…pot o gold.
    Sue she pro no matter what lol

2. Kayla says:

PEZBERRY!!!!!

3. Jessika says:

I feel like Klaine needs a boost of some sort. I’m really worried that this isn’t a lasting relationship simply because it’s going through ‘first love syndrome.’ Much like Quinn and Finn (which we knew would never last) and Artie and Tina. Truth about the world is that you hardly ever end up with the first person you were with and fell in love with. Because it normally happens at a crucial stage of development in your life and at the end, you’re a very different person. And while you may still love that person you were with, you often find yourself not quite as compatible. Considering that Kurt is going to be graduating and Blaine will be continuing on in high school another year, Kurt may need to reach out for a more adult relationship. One that can continue on after high school and into college and a career. Blaine was a great first love, but I think they’ve reached their potential and are only going to see themselves growing apart. This might be the reason why we see Dave come back (and I don’t think in terms of a potential romantic partner, simply as the catalyst for Kurt to realize that he’s grown up. After all, Blaine started off as his role model of sorts. The person he looked to for support and guidance. Then they became boyfriends, which is more of equal ground. But in both relationships there was a certain amount that Kurt ‘needed’ Blaine. And now he might need to realize that he simply doesn’t need Blaine anymore. That it’s time to go their separate ways.)

4. rimpp87 says:

i don’t what they doing with sam and mercedes but they better not make her the stereotypical single black lady cause if that happens I rather have them make her a lesbian. -_-

• Diva says:

She’ll end up alone. She’s the only original character to not have a relationship. They give her the hint of a relationship with Sam and then that ends. Next, they give her a phantom boyfriend whom we never see. Now, we’re supposed to believe that there is a love triangle?? Before it’s all said and done she’ll be alone and no one will care because she’s straight.

5. deba says:

lol at the song ‘Ben’ being sung to blaine.

6. Kinsey says:

I hope that Jane Lynch is wrong. I love Brittana so much because I can relate so well to their relationship. It’s nice to have a couple to relate to on the show. Besides, they are adorable, so what’s not to like?
    To the people that say that Brittany isn’t in love with Santana, shame on you! Did you not see the last two seasons? It was Brittany who prompted Santana into moving towards a relationship. ( Fondue for Two, Lebanese shirt, talking to Ms. Holliday, and the proclamation that they would date if they were both single, etc, etc)
    And to the people who think that Brittany isn’t gay: do you not remember her saying that she loves sweet lady kisses? Besides, even if she isn’t a lesbian, she obviously is still attracted to Santana if they have sex, and she loves kissing her.
    However, I agree with the fact that they just haven’t had enough screen time. I doubt that their would be so many Brittana haters if they had at least HALF the screen time as Finnchel or Klaine. Seriously, Santana’s coming out episode was bad. Where was Brittany in all of that? And Santana’s grandmother says that she never wants to see her grandma again and Santana never brings it up again? I hope they don’t drop the pair like that. I’m not saying that they have to have the spotlight on the show. All I’m saying is that they should have Brittany and Santana talk to each other. And can they please kiss, just once? Seriously, maybe that’s why people doubt that they’re right for each other. In any case, I blame the poor wrting and lack of focus on Brittany’s development throughout all of this. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy Glee, but they are my favorite pairing that I actually have a connection with.
    The point is, Brittany and Santana do love each other, despite Brittany’s questionable sexuality, but they have such little screen time that people forget about their rare moments of affection.
    If they break this pair up, I’m going to be one angry Brittana shipper. I guess I’ll just post on fanfiction.net.
    (By the way, don’t hate on Heather Morris!)

• meli says:

i hope they do show Brittany being there for Santana and them talking about her grandmother. They need to show Santana and Brittany as a couple. They focused too much on Santana coming out Brittany came out too, since she admitted she was in a relationship with Santana but they didnt show that. They need to change this story line to make it more truthful.

• LadyB says:

I agree. It would be a shame for the writers to abandon Brittany and Santana’s relationship after everything they’ve been through the last two seasons. The writers should give the two characters some decent scenes together, and acknowledge their connection. Otherwise, the relationship fails both as a romance and a friendship.

7. meli says:

I think the way they handled brittany and santana was bad. However i do think Santana should get a girlfriend and i think it should be Quinn.. They would make a cute couple.. Because we do not know if Quinn is gay or not…

8. rinnn8@yahoo.com says:

RIB you suck make mercedes sweet and bubbly and not the stereotype diva. ugh trying to make fans hate her god give her a better storyline if not i hate glee. >:p ps. you need to get some professional writers RIB

9. Genevar says:

Sue is right, brittany doesn’t act like santana girlfriend and one important thing: who will be rory love interest ?! harmony is gone and sugar is at artie, then who ??????

10. mads says:

Has everyone forgotten abt Rory? i think rory and britt would be great together bc of his lil crush. brittana isnt quite satisfying. their storyline just isnt there. santanas is but not britts. brit is just good for witty comedy..tho is must say her and r were pretty great together. at least it gave her sum depth.

11. mads says:

Meant to say brit and artie were great. oops.

12. Santana says:

Jane is correct. And since she works for the show I think she’s more privy to how accurate the canon is more than the fans. The fans don’t get to talk to the writers whenever they want. So face the facts Brittana stans, your ship is sinking. Bwahahaha!

13. Milly says:

I love Sam and Quinn<33333 Why Sam and Mercedes:(? I wish Sam and Mercedes were cooling off. But Sam and Quinn heating up again!! PLEASE!!

14. Rebecca says:

People(or Brittana fans) are probably going to be extremely annoyed by my comment, but to be honest, I am not a real big fan of Santana (I love Naya and her voice) but the character not so much. She is extremely mean and I can just not take that she always has to make the rest of the glee club feel even worst about themselves. As Rachel said in season two that she can’t handle it herself, she either slaps people or storms of crying. And yes she may have insecurities but WHY does that make it okay? I don’t like the bad-a*#% types who hurt others on purpose.. That’s why i love Brittany she would never do anything to be mean to others, I WANT HER AND RORY TO BE TOGETHER!

15. LadyB says:

I personally don’t understand the appeal of Rory and Brittany as a couple. Wasn’t he trying to trick her into sleeping with him by pretending he was a leprachaun? I’m sorry, but that’s just not cute. Brittany should be with someone who appreciates her, not someone who treats her like she’s dumb.

16. Liliana says:

I would like for a Brittana kiss to happen they are already dating but i don’t know why they don’t, but it would be pretty interesting that after the brittana kiss they have some kind of arguing and break up and santana starts to have interests for someone else and then brittany does everything to get her back, because all we see is santana saying how much she loves brittany and how she’s hurting because of it, and then brittany say’s she loves her too but not in a very loving way if you know what i mean, i want brittany to fight for something and show a little personalitty and on the way there i want her to fight for santana.

17. Kinsey says:

I agree. I hope they just don’t give up on the pair because they fail to actually put them in scenes together. They still have so much development that they could do with both Santana and Brittany, and so much that they could do together. It would be a shame to see that go to waste.

18. Kinsey says:

I could see something like this happening, to some degree. However, wasn’t Brittany always interested in Santana? That’s what prompted all of Santana’s actions regarding her sexuality and feelings for Brittany (Fondue for Two, the lebanese shirt, talking to Ms. Holliday). I agree that the writers should show more of Brittany’s opinion on her relationship with Santana. She showed in season two, why not now? I feel like if the writers break up Brittana in the end, it will because they handled the couple together so poorly this season. They set them up wonderfully in season two, now they aren’t doing anything. I mean, what couple hasn’t kissed? Are they afraid of showing a lesbian kiss? They sure don’t shy away from gay issues with Klaine.

19. Marcuse says:

I lov Artie he’s so AWESOME

20. Em says:

Okay, I thought “Ben” was about love and forever lasting friendship and all that. Maybe I was listening to the wrong song? lol! Safe to say that that might not be their best performance, and I always LOVE Kurt’s solos. I think that even though I love Klaine, that Sebastian needs to make some more trouble just to make sure that Kurt and Blaine are truly in love. I can’t wait to see Karofsky back on the show, and see what’s happening with him. I think Jane Kynch is right when she says that it doesn’t seem that Brittany has really figured out the whole relationship thing yet. I really hope Artie finds someone again! :) <3 glee! I'm a gleek!

21. Carmen says:

I couldn’t agree with you more. Brittany has referred to herself as “bicurious”. Would anyone out there like to be in a relationshiip with a partner who’s merely curious about what is like being with you? How humiliating for Santana. I think both characters need to separate and each move on to a more authentic love relationship. As a lesbian, I can’t buy Brittana. Kind of offensive, really.

Carmen

• Kinsey says:

Carmen-
      Doesn’t Brittany establish herself as a “bicorn” (bisexual unicorn…) in I Am Unicorn? I buy that she is bisexual, rather than a lesbian or fully straight. She does say she wants to touch Coach Beiste’s boobs (though that doesn’t make her bisexual) and that Santana is hot. She also says she loves sweet lady kisses. I feel that maybe Brittany is leaning towards being bisexual, rather than just curious.
      However, I feel like the writers should establish this. They’ve already focused on Santana’s coming out episode, now they need to look at Brittany’s side of things, and then we will be able to tell for sure.

22. anonymous says:

I don’t know if Will and Emma are ready to be engaged but I want things to work out for them.

I’m excited about the Sam and Mercedes story. They have chemistry.

Jane is right about Brittany/Santana. I don’t know if its intentional or bad writing but their relationship is one sided.

23. Van says:

I can say, that I too see what Lynch is seeing.

Brittany loves Santana, there’s no doubt on that, but is she IN love with her? They are so cute together, and I want them together, but honestly, there just to little development on Britanny as a character of her own, and what we can see is that she is very inmature and airheaded. She’s more than a caricuature than a character, she works as comedic relief, but if I’m honest with myself, there’s no enough dept in her to be in a committed relationship.

Santana, as such a complex character, deserves better.

24. Sara says:

Totally agree with Jane, Brittany just doesn’t seem THAT into Santana, and she loves her, but as her bestfriend. Anyway I wanted to figure out what was going to happen with Finchel because of the whole Finn working with the army thing. And Sugar and Artie seem cute, but I was really looking forward to Becky and Artie, it looked cute.

25. Kinsey says:

Brittany is in love Santana. And even if she isn’t, she’s the one who prompted them to be in a relationship in the first place. And you can be in a relatiinship and not be ‘in love’ with the person. At the very least, Brittany loves Santana, and I don’t see them breaking up anytime soon.
    But, like I said, I think Brittany is in love with Santana. She definitely is more than her best friend, seeing as they have sex, she said she wants to date her, and she told Santana that she loves her.

26. Dulce María says:

WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PUCK AND QUINN! It’s really the only couple that i care about…

27. Basia says:

Oh my…I think you need to take this show as it is.It’s just something fun to watch…it’s not meant to change the world or anything. I think you’re looking a little too much into this

28. bobby says:

I love brittany and santana as a couple but they don’t really show any type of affection for each other like kurt and blaine I do think that brittany love santana but not in love with her and santana is in love with brittany so until they start showing more affection to each other I think that they should just be best friends even though that would suck because I wanted they to get together forever that’s why I hate saying this.

29. John says:

I love Glee’s awesome support for gays as it has taught so much.

1. A gay guy that doesn’t fit into the stereo type that is scared to death of coming out should be relegated to transferring, staying in the closet, and finding only support at a seedy gay bar.

2. A feminine gay guy could never be in the middle of a love triangle. He needs to be relegated to pining over the handsome, not as gay, but perfect looking guy that is kinda boring.

3. The feminine gay must compete for love. And should be almost raped by the good looking guy, forgive him without an apology, and then give his virginity to him. Gosh, I think it is AWESOME Glee teaches that to be secure in keeping the handsome guy, that doesn’t think you are sexy, tries out for the role you wanted, and continues to point out the flaws of the feminine gay, that one must overlook all of the horrible things he has said and done to you (without apology) and give him what he wants. Because, hey, getting pushed into a locker is soul crushing.

4. That the feminine and the regular-type of guy and the butch gays have no place in the RIB gay world. They must be put into the places to have those that look like Sebastian and Blaine to be in the spotlight. Oh, and to totally ruin a storyline oh…and the entire show.

I think it is spectacular that Glee has continued to push stereotypes and reconfirm the insecurity of those men in the gay community that aren’t like Blaine and Sebastian. I love that in the name of “progress” it makes sense for gays to have these two men be our spokespeople. But gee, I couldn’t help but think that if Finn forced himself on Rachel and Rachel apologized to him, then gave him her virginity that NOW or any woman in the world would be okay with that message.

Kudos to you Ryan Murphy, it is great that you continue to reinforce body obsession, body insecurity, feminine gay hate, closet self-loathing, and all of the shallow parts of what it is like to date in the gay world. You really showed your bully from high school and the rest of the world how much you have grown.

• Plain Blanderson says:

^ These exactly the reasons I seriously start to hate RIB.

• Rod says:

… and RIB dropped THE storyline which could have been truly relevant to LGBT youth: PFLAG (sigh)

• Matt says:

EXCEPT gay people like Blaine and Sebastian do exist. People who experience karofsky’s situation often don’t find support until much later in life. Kurt is one of the most annoying characters to me because it is always the world’s fault with him. I understand considering all the crap he’s been through, but why is he constantly the victim? I get upset when people bring up these topics because I, although being slightly feminine, align more with Blaine or Sebastian and I don’t think of myself as a stereotype or a bad person. Anytime people complain about Glee it’s usually people who victimize themselves that don’t want to see characters who oppose that. I think that Blaine is inspiring because of the fact that he doesn’t care that he is gay nor does he let it control his life. Sebastian is inspiring simply because he’s bitchy, confident, and slutty and he knows that that’s who he is. Yeah maybe he’s the most stereotypical but people like that exist and deserve representation. That would help make glee more believable rather than the idealistic world it creates

30. Stevo says:

Yeah, their voices blend so well due to the overused and crap auto tuning which makes Glee such a disappointment for me. Don’t get me wrong, I watch it, and occasionally don’t puke (a la Sue), but you are delusional if you think that the cast are terrific singers – the sound crew are good editors, but the cast haven’t proven themselves. Anywho, end rant :)

31. Shaye says:

God u mustve lived n the stone ages. Get in with the now, and stop roasting ur marshmallows over caveman fires

32. finchel 4eva!!! says:

would every1 stop arguing bout finchel! and I’m not just saying it cause I’m on team finchel, I’m saying it cause we all hav our own opinions and we should be able to share them without people in our faces!! come on!!! any ways, 4 all finchel fans out there who r here 4 spoilers, Finn proposes 2 Rachel. Don’t no if she says yes or no yet. but if u don’t believe me either look it up on YouTube or watch episode Yes/No coming soon!!! FINCHEL 4EVA!!!

33. Matt says:

This may be a little late, but here are my thoughts:
    Finnchel: I know they have a lot of hate(and believe me Finn annoys me too), but they’re relationship is by far the most genuine one on the show. I really do believe they love eachother and they have grown,so much. Finn is every straight guy I know and because of that relatable(as well as easy to be annoyed with). Rachel is the perfect representation of anyone who’s ever had a dream. Their relationship reminds me a lot of my relationship with my boyfriend which is why I’m always so offended. They aren’t perfect, they are just two dumb kids in love. It’s totally relatable.

Brittana: I agree that this couple needs more development, but they are a perfect representation of lesbian teenagers. I have to wonder if you guys even know any lesbians because they all experience that unsureness of friendship or love. Lesbian relationships are complicated to be blunt and these characters capture this well.

Klaine: I do not ship Klaine* Last season this ship was a cute act, but once blaine started to be more real people were offended. Yes the whole almost rape was shocking, but I didn’t see it as that. I know what that is like. In most real gay relationships one wants sex before the other, but it isn’t so black and white. I totally related to Blaine. Kurt’s naive attitude towards sex was frustrating, they couldn’t even talk about it. I know rape is always wrong, byt it’s called perspective people.
    -Sidenote on Sebastian: I love this character. Totally relatable and an accurate depiction of that kimd of gay guy. I loved his relationship with Blaine because it tested the longivity of Klaine in a realistic way.

Kurtofsky: I’m gonna be brief since most has been said. I like it, not as a relationship but as,a friendship. Abuse shouldn’t lead to love but it sometimes does, sorry. If it happens i’ll be fine, but I don’t think it would be good for him right now.

Anything else I missed?

34. Molly says:

Klaine is the best Glee couple :)

35. alice says:

weirdest plug ever…

ps I want Artie and Brittany back together!

36. yep says:

You plagerized my comments and took them out of context to their meanings. I hope you had fun using my chosen words to make your point of nothing sound anything but stupid. You must be a pre teen. If you have something really meaningful to say please use your own words next time. Thank you.

37. dave says:

That’s gross.

38. Yourmomma says:

What’s gross Dave? YOU?

39. yep says:

I’m speaking to Sherry about the plagerism. I reread this forum to see how others feel about the show and their added comments to what others and I say. This is a forum for all to enjoy and express our likes and dislikes about Glee. I don’t mind if you would wish to take an excerpt here or there but don’t just use something to make a garbled mess of nothing meanful. It’s a waste of your time and others time in reading it.