Exclusive: A+E Networks Developing Bonnie and Clyde Miniseries Reboot — Let's Cast the Leads!

A+E Networks is closing in on Bonnie and Clyde.

The cable giant is developing a miniseries based on the Depression Era outlaws that would air on either Lifetime or History, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The news comes at a time of renewed interest for the legendary criminals. A Bonnie & Clyde musical recently opened (and closed) on Broadway, and a big-screen adaptation of Jeff Guinn’s 2010 tome Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde is in the pipeline.

Rumor has it A+E has begun compiling a wish list of actors to tackle the iconic roles, made famous by Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway in the acclaimed 1967 film version — which got me thinking: Who would be on my short list of potential Bonnies and Clydes?

Peruse my dream gallery below and then hit the comments with your own picks in the comments!

Comments (300)

• tom welling and erica durance are great chemistrey please cast them

Comment by laed – January 9, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are some great suggestions in this list, that’s for sure! ^o^
    I’d love to see Tom W. & Erica D. working together again. Both looked awesome in “Noir” (Erica as ‘Angel’, the sweet, misterious singer, with a slight femme fatale vibe, and Tom as Detective Clark Kent, charming, suave, debonair), so they definitely can pull it off. =)

Comment by Annie – January 9, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am already sold!

Comment by ferdinan – January 9, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling would be a great choice as he is, like others have mentioned, a Warren Beatty-type. I would really like to see him w/ someone not affiliated with Smallville.

Comment by MariaC – January 9, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would definitely want to see Erica Durance and Tom Welling as Bonnie&Clyde.It would be a great show.

Comment by dnzrsy – January 10, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne Strahovski and Zac Levi!!!

Comment by JulieH – January 10, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zachary Levi & Yvonne Strahovski

Comment by Emma – January 10, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling and Erica Durance, Anna Torv & Joshua Jackson, Yvonne Strahovski & Jason Statham, Chad Michael Murray & Hilarie Burton, Matt Boomer & Hilarie Burton. Any number of the above would be great. All these couples have great on-screen chemistry. But I do have to say Anna Torv & Joshua Jackson would make a great Bonnie & Clyde. ;) :D

Don’t get me wrong…I love Chuck and Zachary Levi but he doesn’t really have gangster look. I think Tom Welling, Joshua Jackson, Jason Statham, Matt Boomer & Chad Michael Murray could pull it off.

As for Bonnie, I am sure Erica would play her well…but I can’t seem to picture her a blonde. Anna Torv, Yvonne Strahovski & Hilarie Burton all have the look and talent to pull it off.

I do have to say I MISS SMALLVILLE and soon I’m GOING TO MISS CHUCK. :S :’(

Comment by Vannesa – January 10, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Michael Ausiello for posting Erica and Tom’s picture!

Miss my Clois sooo much, I’m willing to take ED and TW in any way, as long as they’re back in my screen as a couple!!!

Comment by sun – January 10, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YVONNE AND ZACH! they have amazing chemistry and i can picture them in the roles!!

Comment by Simone – January 11, 2012 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling and Erica Durance!! They have so much chemistry

Comment by Ikena – January 21, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jason dohring and kristen bell all the way!
    although i think ryan gosling and emma stone would be good too! loved them in crazy stupid love
    also really wish there would be another season of veronica mars or a few more episodes :’( i rewatch all three season every year

Comment by Anushe – July 19, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Dohring and Kristen Bell are the best choice, but Archie Punjabi and Scott Porter are a close second.

Comment by Mandy – July 22, 2012 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL someone’s bitter, you sound like a tool man. It’s just two fictional characters get over yourself.

Comment by Hank – January 8, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is your opinion. Obviously you have nothing better to do than troll around and make negative comments on Tom and Erica.

Comment by Sarah – January 8, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Night John Boy. Some folks in Hollywood disagree with you!

Comment by jgiles – January 8, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ow poor guy, I feel you, that’s what women look like every time they kissed you and then you think that’s what’s suppose to happen when it happens. Poor guy.

Comment by Johana – January 8, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello troll your mother ship TWP is calling you back. also go get a life already. cause no matter what Tom and Erica were and Always will be Epic & Iconic as LOIS and CLARK, so all your arguments are invalid.

Comment by kelly jo. – January 8, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude we get it, but the trolling is getting a bit ridiculous. Changing usernames isn’t helping your cause. Anyways I’m out of here, later man.

Comment by Hank – January 8, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello troll your mother ship TWP is calling you back.

Comment by kelly jo. – January 8, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well Mr. John (of the toilet variety no doubt), Smallville stars would be an excellent choices as they are not of the no-talent actor variety you characterize them to be. When was your last starring role on a TV series that ran 10 years? Then numbers are small and elite. As far as getting new roles, most have new roles with the exemption of Mr. Welling who has been working crazy hours for the past 10 years. The man deserves some time off to enjoy life and family. Hopefully he will be back to work soon in front of the camera!

Comment by Jae – January 8, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so margin call wasn’t a decent movie? its just nominated vor several awards but okay .. neither was easy a i suppose? or the stepfather? Excuse me but which decent role did play Ed Westwick in the last couple of years?

Comment by Ena – January 8, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boy, I really did not mean to offend anyone. I really meant to say that Tom welling have all the right stuff to pull this off! I am having issues with my own weight and should not insult anyone as big as Tom Welling as he could crush me like a twig being so fit as he is!

Comment by John – January 8, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You will never see that loser again.

Comment by John – January 8, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By never see that loser again, I mean me of course. Sorry my mouth has been suffering from a cranial rectal inversion.

Comment by John – January 8, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes as much as I miss Tom also, I can’t begrudge him his romantic getaway to the Alps. His wife had to put up with his insane work hours for years. She deserves some sort of reward.

Comment by sandy – January 9, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No more than you looking for any human attention obviously :D

Comment by ferdinan – January 8, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay. I never understand this. If you don’t like someone or don’t care for their acting. Why take the time to make negative comments. I don’t get it. If I don’t like someone I’m not going to continue wasting my time talking/writing/thinking about them. The more hate you spew…the more you are eventually blessing them. You don’t like Erica that’s fine. I’m hoping you can’t escape her and she’s ends up being all over your tv screen.

It’s a shame people bully with body shaming and all that other stuff. I know when people hate on others it’s most likely something they don’t like about themselves. But whateves.

Comment by Wrenn – January 8, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know what’s funny “Jason” for someone who really hates Durance (or Welling), you sure like to keep a close tab on what their doing. HAHAHA stop kidding yourself man. Anyways its just another bitter fangirl, what’s really pathetic is the freakin’ show has been over for ages just STFU already and let it go. Please stop spamming the freakin page. Thanks.

Comment by Markus – January 8, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You don’t have to be mean to glorify other people…Just saying

Comment by Cynthia – January 8, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John or Horace…whatever your name is. You should be ashamed of yourself. God help your imaginary girlfriend – yes I even feel sorry for her!! Making your stupid comments on Erica isn’t going to take away that there is one of you and thousands of Erica fans. Go and get some intelligence

Comment by Sarah – January 8, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing FAKE is you. If only you had half a brain, you would know better

Comment by Jen – January 8, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s too good for you to even be thinking of her!!

Comment by Herve's brain – January 8, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s OK Elmo… You’ll figure it out when you reach puberty.

Comment by Elmo's mother – January 8, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bahaha how would you know Josh. Sounds like Josh aka troll with many names, is a bitter shipper fangirl who can’t seem to move on from that superman show. Settle down there chump.

Comment by Trevor – January 8, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you!

Comment by Cynthia – January 8, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was meant in response to Jae. I don’t know how it ended up here.

Comment by sandy – January 9, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post