Exclusive

Exclusive: A+E Networks Developing Bonnie and Clyde Miniseries Reboot — Let's Cast the Leads!

A+E Networks is closing in on Bonnie and Clyde.

The cable giant is developing a miniseries based on the Depression Era outlaws that would air on either Lifetime or History, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The news comes at a time of renewed interest for the legendary criminals. A Bonnie & Clyde musical recently opened (and closed) on Broadway, and a big-screen adaptation of Jeff Guinn’s 2010 tome Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde is in the pipeline.

Rumor has it A+E has begun compiling a wish list of actors to tackle the iconic roles, made famous by Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway in the acclaimed 1967 film version — which got me thinking: Who would be on my short list of potential Bonnies and Clydes?

Peruse my dream gallery below and then hit the comments with your own picks in the comments!

1. luvi says:

chair fans am sorry for you guys it’s just pathetic how you guys act it’s making me laugh just bcuz you dont like penn dosen’t mean others dont he is a great actor and him and leighton have perfect chemistry.

2. sofia says:

Tom Welling and Erica Durance are super couple!

3. roxie says:

Penn badgley is way too soft to be Clyde LOL. ED WESTWICK and LEIGHTON MEESTER would be amazing for those roles!

4. Cait says:

You picked the wrong couple from The Good Wife – I would love to see Diane Lockhart and her mustached gun-expert/lover!

5. Michelle says:

Tom Welling and Erica Durance 100% …they have that sizzling chemistry and us fans are dying to see them onscreen again!! pretty please

6. surprise says:

TOM WELLING & KRISTIN KREUK !! Their chemistry is off the charts !!

• Fê Rosa says:

Now, this comment made me laugh!

• YeahRight says:

So have all the ones with Tom and Erica. Tom should be cast with someone who’s just as charismatic as he is. ED is not.

• kel says:

@ YeahRight and Surprise. Oh please clana fans bitter till the end can’t stand the fact that ERICA AND TOM names always go together in every article because the Amazing chemistry that people see. Nobody mention kristin in this article so your arguments are invalid. so go keep cry somewhere else nobody cares about you sinking ship.

7. patrik says:

The film Twillgt succesfull even if the actors are not good is the film.Who was the first movie Titanic Leonardo of Caprio? Is the film’s success gives the actors. yes Tom and Erica!

8. Renee says:

Uh WHY? Bonnie and Clyde die.

9. Kate says:

I can see Scott Foley and Jason Dohring as Clyde. Clyde Barker was an outlaw but people romanticized him because he was charming. When Kristen Bell plays evil, she comes off as too harsh and catty. The mini-series needs a female who is tough enough to pull off heists but engenders sympathy and makes us believe she’s in it for the love of her man. Maybe Scarlett Johannson, Emmy Rosum, Michelle Tractenberg, someone like that.

10. Valerie says:

I don’t want to see an already established TV couple take on these roles. Lets put together 2 actors who haven’t worked together before.

My top Clyde choices:
    1. Tom Welling
    2. Matt Bomer
    3. Nick Weschler

My top Bonnie choices:
    1. Yvonne Stahovski
    2. Kelly Giddish
    3. Cassidy Freeman

• Fraser Keenan says:

Sorry but a big no to Tom Welling or Cassidy Freeman; actually how about BIG no to anything Smallville related when it comes to actors from that show. Plus the actress from Smallville is oddly weird looking to play this role IMO (the eyes are scary) and Tom doesn’t cut it (he’s not built to play this role). So no but thanks.

• Luke says:

You actually went there,,, Tom Welling and not built in the same sentence? Ok well Clyde Champion Barrow was only 5’7″ but Tom Welling still would make an excellent choice.

• Sonia says:

Young Warren Beatty and Tom Welling have a strong resemblance though. So, yeah, whatever girl.

• Sonia says:

Love your picks Valerie!

• MariaC says:

I recognize 3 of the names there.lol But Tom Welling would be my one and only choice.

11. Marnie says:

Absolutely – Zachary Levi and Yvonne Stahovski would be perfect! They have great chemistry, and they are easy for the audience to like and relate to!

12. School says:

Go back to school, and learn how to form a coherent sentence, then maybe….MAYBE we’ll take you seriously. Maybe.

13. Anna Louise says:

Are you kidding me? Tom Welling and Erica Durance? that would be just perfect! If someone over A+E is reading this hope at least try to get them

14. Connie says:

How about Olivia Wilde and Tom Welling? If not Erica Durance and Tom Welling

15. Sarah says:

Zach and Yvonne would be fantastic!!

16. Jenny says:

I want Zac & Yvonne!!!

17. Lucy says:

100% Zac and Yvonne.

18. Ray says:

Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski would absolutely kill those rolles :))

19. Izzy says:

TOM WELLING & ERICA DURANCE!! or I agree with whoever said Kristen Bell and Zachary Quinto!!

20. jake says:

The most interesting combination I see here would be the Tom Welling and Olivia Wilde pairing. People would not have to worry about a sequel as they do die at the end.

21. Mary says:

I like the Tom Welling choice because he has a slight resemblance to Warren Beatty. For Bonnie, I like Jessica Chastain or Rose Byrne because I think they could both be awesomely tough!

22. guy says:

Lets see…
    Best actors would be Erica Durance and Tom Welling.

Most attractive in my opinion Erica Durance,the girl is too
    sexy. Tom is good looking dude.

23. Guy says:

Lets see..
    Best actors would be Erica Durance and Tom Welling
    Most attractive people in the world are Erica Durance and Tom Welling
    Best chemistry ever Erica Durance and Tom Welling

A+E the choice is so clear.. Make it happen!

24. Jay says:

I have another one…Taylor Kitsch and Adrianne Palicki. Seriously though, I wish Palicki got more roles…she was fantastic in FNL, and I could totally see her playing Bonnie.

25. eliza says:

Tom and Erica definitely. Miss them. They would be awesome!!!!!

26. laed says:

tom welling and eica durance are hot chemistry please pick them the have alot fan who love them

27. Nina says:

Matt Bomer, but after making two films with two of hollywoods best directors this year, I think he is kind of above an A and E miniseries. But he would be great snce he is an amazing talent.

28. chandan says:

Matt Bomer and Erica Durance will be perfect!!

29. chandan says:

Matt Bomer and yvonne strahovski will be perfect!!

30. theman says:

None of the above: the answer is Joel Edgerton and Rose Byrne

31. 123 says:

none of the above: the answer is Joel Edgerton and Rose Byrne they would be great

32. ale says:

Tom Welling? I think it will work, I know some people think he sucks at acting but he hasn’t had the chance to show how good he is.

Now Tom Welling & Erica Durance? NOOOO!! I’m tired of the clois fans saying that their ship is so much better than others ship, just stop, as a Smallville fan I can think of other couples with better chemistry than clois.

Also Yvonne Strahovsk would be a great choice.

• ferdinan says:

Lat me guess: Chloe and Clark or Clark and Lana, or Clark and Tess, or Chlollie…pleaseeee. Bet anything but something that had Lois as the other side of the pairing or anything that doesn’t put Lois and Clark together like Lollie.

People should stop transferring their Clois bitterness to the actors, the point is Tom Welling and Erica Durance have chemistry, Stop using Smallville as an excuse.

Tom is handsome he has the 30′s kind of handsome (watch Noir) and Erica Durance can be as sweet as lethal because she is simply the badass kind of person that could pull off a good Bonnie.

• Fê Rosa says:

Dude, you really take the words of my mouth! People can ´t separate the actors from theirs characters!
        Hey, Tom e Erica did a great job, no matter what people think about who Clark should end with!
        They have great chemistry together! Why not?

• alana says:

I think it’s the same person who is commenting in favor of Clois, must have someone better.

33. nggi says:

zachary levi and yvonne strahovski of course. they have their chemistry beyond all those tv characters. and their had agent role experience :)

34. Nic says:

Evan Rachel Wood/Anne Hathaway & Riley Smith/Michael Rosenbaum

35. Fê Rosa says:

Let me explain that tou you: Dude, just go for TOM WELLIND & ERICA DURANCE.
    or
    WELLING & DURANCE

36. Alejandra V says:

OMG!!!!!!!! TOM & ERIKA all the way, or… Just Tom with someone else is good too, I miss him so much, he is something special, i need see him soon.

37. filippo says:

Yvonne Strahovski & Zach Levi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. lara says:

We live a Democratic country so please respect the views of all. Smallville did not have good writing, however, was successful for the work of TOM AND ERICA. CW’s rating this year is going badly TVD saves only. Yes TOM and ERICA!

39. lara says:

We live a democratic country so please respect the views of all. Smallville did not have good writing , however, was successful for the work of TOM and ERICA. Yes TOM WELLING and ERICA DURANCE

40. mara says:

Tom Welling is very similar to W.Beatty!

41. ToniInterrupted says:

My dream team would have to be chosen from Jason Dohring, Taylor Kitsch, Jensen Ackles, Kristen Bell, Sophia Bush and Leighton Meester.

42. ChellemaBelle says:

I’ll have to go with my fave “Son of a b**ch!” from LOST, Josh Holloway (Sawyer).

43. Kim says:

Erica Durance and Jensen Ackles would make a fine Bonnie and Clyde! I really loved the Erica Durance and Tom Welling scenes on Smallville, but I think a lot of people would have trouble getting past them as Lois and Clark in any new joint venture.

44. RichieS says:

Kerr Smith and Aly Michalka

45. angela says:

Reboot? I wasn’t aware there was a previous Bonnie and Clyde miniseries?

46. Lory says:

I love Tom Welling and Cassidy Freeman,great couple!

47. ema says:

only in this discussion of the beast obsessed fans, please do not tone and Erica.

48. Audrey says:

Why are people putting actors together when they already played as a couple? It’s not going to happen, ya know?

And what’s up with all the Smallville bickering?

49. Valentina says:

Erica and Tom all the way!

50. Mara says:

ZACH LEVI & YVONNE STRAHOVSKI (chuck & sarah) would definitely fit the bill. They’ve gone thru enough spy actions. They deserve to have the role as new gen bonnie and clyde. right??